• 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by smassa
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

popcorn.gif
There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

Wow just looked in the top 100 and Avengers LE has gone straight to number one and overtaken MM

#2 11 years ago

I posted the same thing about XMLE a while back.

#3 11 years ago

Sell your mm's quick for pennies on the dollar.

#4 11 years ago

just wait till gerry rates it ... dot dot dot

#5 11 years ago

It will eventually settle wherever it belongs. Personally, I would prefer if there was some type of waiting period, or more total ratings before it appears. This could also cause people to low rate the game simply to bring it down. Which is also unfortunate.

No big deal either way.

#6 11 years ago

looks like we are still using the 'old' ratings??? I remember a tread a week or so ago where it was pointed out that the top 100 has some how gone back in time and is showing only a subset of the ratings? i.e. there used to be thousands of ratings for each of the top games and not just hundreds.

Is this still being looked into?

#7 11 years ago

Even if the rankings cut the top/bottom 5-10% of reviews from the algorithm, I think that would help with people pushing the rankings in either direction.

#8 11 years ago

Tron LE and ACDC LE were also number one. WOZ will be number 1 as well. if you own a new pin it is difficult to give it a bad rating

#9 11 years ago

It takes time and Avengers will settle. I hope it stays bottom right around bottom 10. AC/DC is not ranked high enough in my opinion.

MM and TZ will hold top spots again. Avengers is good though it should probably rank 10-15

#10 11 years ago

Here we go again....

#11 11 years ago

I don't even use the Pinside ratings because of all the petty immaturity. Which is a shame because Robin has worked hard to give us this feature.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

It will eventually settle wherever it belongs.

I don't know Acdc still settled a little to high for my tastes.

#13 11 years ago

Shhhh. Don't tell anyone. It's a secret.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Here we go again....

same $hit, different game.

#15 11 years ago

I use to think about what score I was giving a pin and thought it mattered. Like not ever grading a game I have never played at length and being objective even if I really liked the game. I think now I will just give any game I like 10 out of 10 to give some balance to all the f-ers who just say "well its new and I played it first so it must be the best game ever"

#16 11 years ago

F stern fan boys I am sick of this shit.

#17 11 years ago

Wow, although MM is fun but it's not the "best" game I have ever played. Fun factor, avengers is up there. But because of tradition MM has to be number 1. I would not rate either as the best pin ever myself, but both are very awesome! But avengers is still my new girlfriend so time must pass before will rate it

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

Lol! What are you sick of? A stern being #1 for a week or the broken rating system? When you B/W guys go rate this game in the gutter without playing or even seeing one it will drop off and your precious B/W games will be back on top. Give it a week.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

B/W games will be back on top. Give it a week

This. It's always the same.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

wow, really?

#21 11 years ago

i am getting the popcorn ready.....

#22 11 years ago

Why does this thread always appear for a new game? A new stern will always enter the top 5, drop 30-50 places and then rise until it settles at a fair position. Always has always will.

#23 11 years ago

I wouldn't mind having a mm

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Sell your mm's quick for pennies on the dollar.

Wouldn't mind having a mm

#25 11 years ago

see if its still at the top when it gets half as many ratings as MM

#26 11 years ago

Oh yeah, well TZ's still #1 at ipdb. F you Avengers!

#27 11 years ago

I don't even look at the ratings on this site anymore.

#28 11 years ago

It's number one? That's crazy! It should be like #6!

#29 11 years ago

You can't quote the ipdb. Each machine has like a third of the ratings it does here, it's not as accurate at all. I've always thought the ipdb ratings are more swung to older games. Not really sure why but hey over there firepower is in the top 40 and POTC doesn't make the top 110...

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Medieval_Gofers:

You can't quote the ipdb. Each machine has like a third of the ratings it does here, it's not as accurate at all. I've always thought the ipdb ratings are more swung to older games. Not really sure why but hey over there firepower is in the top 40 and POTC doesn't make the top 110...

I was just joking.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Here we go again....

#32 11 years ago

Like others have said, most new games that are interesting start out as #1. It seems like it would be best not to list a game in the ratings system until it has at least 50 ratings. That would give enough time to overcome the newness factor a little. Also, the game will settle in the ratings eventually to where it belongs.

I also, feel that it would be best to not count the top 10% and bottom 10% of the user ratings for each game to eliminate the artificial hater and fanboy votes.

I have not rated Avengers LE yet but have owned it for 2.5 weeks. I feel it is a little premature for me to do a rating, but at this point I would rate the game at least in the top 12 along with 3 other Sterns (LOTR, SM, and ACDC Prem/LE). Also, Tron would certainly be top 20 for me.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from alchy999:

Wow just looked in the top 100 and Avengers LE has gone straight to number one and overtaken MM

This is code for, "B/W guys, don't forget to log in and trash this rating this week"

P.S-
I love your TRON and TFLE rating

#34 11 years ago

I think it would be in the best interest of the top 100, to Increase the mininum number of ratings needed to be in. Especially for these new games. Eliminated top 10% both ends, not a bad idea, or something similar. Have a sliding scale the higher up in the rating the more votes needed to get in. Or a game needs to have been released a certain number of months before it is eligable.

#35 11 years ago

i am getting the popcorn ready.....

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This is code for, "B/W guys, don't forget to log in and trash this rating this week"
P.S-
I love your TRON and TFLE rating

he has MM rated at 1.135

#37 11 years ago

LOL another thread about people caring too much about what other people think.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL another thread about people caring too much about what other people think.

If we didn't care what other people thought, there would not be much point to this forum.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from alchy999:

Based on your ratings, you are a member that should no longer be allowed to rate pins here since you obviously don't take it seriously. Your ratings are an obvious attempt to manipulate the rankings, with no attempt to actually rate them anywhere close to objectively.

What a joke.

#40 11 years ago

I'm going to rate everything a 1 unless I own it, then it gets a 10 until I sell it, where it then goes back to 1.

Oh wait, this has already been thought of.

If I pay more then 5k for a game it gets an 11, oh shoot, there is no 11.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Based on your ratings, you are a member that should no longer be allowed to rate pins here since you obviously don't take it serious. Your ratings are an obvious attempt to manipulate the rankings, with no attempt to actually rate them anywhere close to objectively.
What a joke.

Good point, hope those rating didn't count. I thought that the ratings were suppose to be approved before they were counted.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from pinij93:

Good point, hope those rating didn't count. I thought that the ratings were suppose to be approved before they were counted.

Once you have rated a certain number of pins and those ratings were approved, you become an "approved" rater and your ratings are not reviewed. They count in the overall rankings.

First Benepinballs, now Alchy999.

There are probably many more members that pull this crap.

#43 11 years ago

I've never bothered to rate games yet, as everyone likes different things for different reasons. Maybe some day I'll get around to it.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Your ratings are an obvious attempt to manipulate the rankings, with no attempt to actually rate them anywhere close to objectively.

Either that or he doesn't like pinball much. 1.135 for MM? 1 for LOTR? I've never played ANY game I'd rate that low let alone two of the all-time best.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

Either that or he doesn't like pinball much. 1.135 for MM? 1 for LOTR?

He has some pins rated perfect 10's, so i assume he likes those.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Once you have rated a certain number of pins and those ratings were approved, you become an "approved" rater and your ratings are not reviewed. They count in the overall rankings.

Then maybe the 10% rule, or something similar would prevent this.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

He takes it serious. MM got a 1.1 and LOTR got a 1.0. He obviously likes MM a little more. I am curious why he gave JM a 1.6? Maybe he likes the hand moving back and forth?

#48 11 years ago

*Yawn*

#49 11 years ago

Hmmm, my 8.5 rating of TRS doesn't seem so bad now.

Seriously, there is no way I can ever give a pinball machine a ranking of less than even 3. Maybe Vacation America would, but I'm sure I would at least get some enjoyment out of it regardless, as long as it just has the basics to it.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Maybe he likes the hand moving back and forth?

that's the funniest thing i've ever read on this site.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-le-1-in-charts-already and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.