(Topic ID: 33191)

Avengers is on test at gameworks - video pics?

By musketd

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 421 posts
  • 124 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by bigduke6
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20121220_130247-1[1].jpg
2012-12-20_14-35-12_648.jpg
2012-12-20_14-34-52_762.jpg
2012-12-20_14-34-44_143.jpg
2012-12-20_14-34-04_636.jpg
2012-12-20_14-33-28_461.jpg
2012-12-20_14-34-11_973.jpg
2012-12-20_14-33-35_50.jpg
image.jpg
images.jpeg
Cycle-of-Emotion-Graph-300x278.png
Chart-Downhill.jpg
avengersheck.jpg
2012-12-15_18.39.01.jpg
2012-12-15_18.38.47.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

It is at Gameworks. I posted this in another thread:
I usually go to Gameworks to check out each new Stern and even for the games I don't end up liking, I'll play them a couple dozen times at least. My wife and I played Avengers Pro the other night and we were happy to walk away after two 2-player games. I would definitely like to give it a few more plays (you can't ever make a solid opinion after two games) but I'm not really in any hurry to do it. Everything was such a long shot that it felt like there was very little shot variety and made for what seemed like pretty slow and boring play to us. Also felt the whole Hulk area was a clunky mess.
I'm not a Stern hater at all, in fact I own/want several of their machines. However, I seem to be in a slump when it comes to their recent releases. I like X-men alright and ACDC was OK (more a theme issue for me I guess). Other than that, I'm just not feeling the last few games, especially Avengers. I already had my money set aside to drop down on a Star Trek if it happens, but my feelings on the last several games is making the prospects of a sight-unseen purchase a little more questionable.

I am starting to think in 3 months time XM will be rated as a better game than Avengers.........but just guessing.

Personally not have the original movie voices is a downer for me. Prefer bad rips and authentic voices as in IM than other way round.

#103 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I played another 8 or 9 games on it and I feel that the game is pretty average at best. IM, SM, XMEN play a lot better than Avengers at the moment.
Pros:
Longer ball times which is fine with me. I like the music in the game. And it is very easy to understand the rules.
Cons:
It doesn't seem like a very deep game at all. The build quality is beyond cheap. This game feels like its falling apart every ramp shot that you take. The playfield has a TON of dimples on it arleady. I don't care for the cube at all. The right ramp shot is on a weird angle and I can't seem to hit that shot that well hurting the flow quite a bit. The sling shots on the Pro at gameworks are extremely weak which I find weird. Also the flippers seem very week for a brand new game. The playfield has a ton of dimples on it already. The DMD animations are a big step down from Xmen. Hulks area takes up to much of the playfield and it just seems like a mess up there and kills the flow of the game. Hopefully with an updated code that will be changed. The game just isn't that much fun.
I highly suggest playing this title before throwing down 7 grand.
The game is sitting next to an Xmen, and Iron Man and I was having a lot more fun with both of those games.

I am surprised and disappointed as with WOZ out soon I thought Stern/Gomez would have gone all out for a stunning game.

If this was a $5k game, then fine, but $7k.........it needs to be way better.

#222 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You can defend it all you want, but at the end of the day they kind of pulled a bait and switch. The game was marketed as being based on the movie. It certainly has plenty of photos of the actors plastered all over it. Once you press start, however, any ideas you have about being transported into the movie world are immediately quashed. The music is different. The voices are different. Everything is different. It's almost as if the game has a split personality.

For $7k LE, not to have voices from the movie, is a big error. If LE's were still $5.5k, I could live without them but top dollar should equate to top product.

#301 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Dont do it Bro.....Learn from mine & Rob's mistake.....there is a certain music pin out there that kicks ass or maybe somewhere down the road a sick Monster pin will become available...

Are you being cryptic as in KISS Monster album?? Metallica surely?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-is-on-test-at-gameworks-video-pics?tu=shapeshifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.