(Topic ID: 33191)

Avengers is on test at gameworks - video pics?

By musketd

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 421 posts
  • 124 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by bigduke6
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20121220_130247-1[1].jpg
2012-12-20_14-35-12_648.jpg
2012-12-20_14-34-52_762.jpg
2012-12-20_14-34-44_143.jpg
2012-12-20_14-34-04_636.jpg
2012-12-20_14-33-28_461.jpg
2012-12-20_14-34-11_973.jpg
2012-12-20_14-33-35_50.jpg
image.jpg
images.jpeg
Cycle-of-Emotion-Graph-300x278.png
Chart-Downhill.jpg
avengersheck.jpg
2012-12-15_18.39.01.jpg
2012-12-15_18.38.47.jpg
There are 421 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 11 years ago

How are you liking it DC?

#402 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How are you liking it DC?

I have only played a couple games so far because I had to clean up after setting it up and have family obligations. I will play some more tonight before bed.
So far it seems like a fun game.

#403 11 years ago

I'm willing to bet a little Carnauba wax added to the balls will cut down tremendously on the hang ups until Stern comes out with a fix.

#404 11 years ago

I always wax my balls

#405 11 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Actually, I had no problems whatsoever with Hulk

My mistake EV. Odd that Korn was there before you and reported ball hang ups though. Either way, hope it's addressed.

#406 11 years ago

No worries. Maybe Vince and Steve warmed it up for me? Strange thing was, I definitely notcied that the slingshots got less sensitive the longer I played. Weird.

Later,
EV

#407 11 years ago

Here is a video that George sent me because I was such a pain in the arse lol, a full 5 min 45 seconds on a Avengers Pro test game I think at Gameworks.

He was concentrating on the hulk because of my concerns - looks pretty good really and I think it is going to be a challenging game.

#408 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Here is a video that George sent me because I was such a pain in the arse lol, a full 5 min 45 seconds on a Avengers Pro test game I think at Gameworks.
He was concentrating on the hulk because of my concerns - looks pretty good really and I think it is going to be a challenging game.
» YouTube video

Looks to me like the arcade in the Stern factory. Good video.

#409 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'm willing to bet a little Carnauba wax added to the balls will cut down tremendously on the hang ups until Stern comes out with a fix.

Do people wax NIB out of the box?

#410 11 years ago

So I just played the Avengers Hulk LE and it was a different experience - for the better. First the code was updated from the one I played at GW. Music and different voice call outs made for a better experience. Shots are much easier to hit. Still challenging but not technically obstructive like the one I played at GW. BW ramp is possible now and the Hawkeye left orbit as well. Actually, on the LE you could actually get some flow going.

Hulk still had some ball sticking issues but not as frequently as at GW. The code does come on more quickly to move Hulks arms around but there is still a slight flaw there. As EV mentioned the inability to see the O in LOKI in the left inlane by the flipper does impact gameplay. I could never spell Loki to start the lock and thought the switch wasn't registering ball roll overs when in fact it was because I couldn't see the O was lit already and I had to change lights on the inlane/outlane with my flipper button. That also should be altered somehow as I'm 5"11 and from a players perspective you just can't see it. I went pretty deep into my last game putting up 64M and will say code for modes still needs work. But, now I get the layout GG went for and must say, it is a unique playfield design. I'm liking it when the shots work like they did on the LE. He delivered something different. Modes need work and still don't like departure from movie with no clips/sounds but turning into a nice little game.

#411 11 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Not sure why all the venom towards this game or it's designer. I played the one on test at GW. While very vanilla code wise it was fun. I liked the flow and was able to hit every shot the game had. I wish they could have loaded it down with tons of toys and features. Heck, a cool toy for each hero would be great. Along with a laser light show and a moving 3d hologram of Caps shield flying at you when you scored a jackpot. My point is I'm sure George had a ton of ideas, but due to the fact they are operating on a budget (Like every company) he had to pick and choose. Pretty sure that's why the original sounds and original dots instead of movie quotes and clips. I remember before the Pro or LE days people would hear about what features were cut and they would say "I would pay a premium to have that feature/toy". Stern listened and now you have the ability to buy a fully loaded model for a premium price and I hear the same people complaining about that as well. Honestly I think expectations for this machine were at unrealistic levels due to the theme alone. Just go out and drop some tokens in the table and have some fun. If you don't like it enough to buy it then don't. There are a ton of games I enjoy playing, but wouldn't buy for my home. Sorry about he rant. It could be worse though as in no new pins to play and complain about.

I'd have to disagree. The budget would certainly allow the necessary to go in the game. They are looking to maximize profits. Why would you make two different games out of one pin. Makes no sense. Remember the golden days of pinball when you bought a Williams game and it was full of quality gadgets? I don't agree with the pro and LE and premium bull. Make one game, make it right, and sell a ton and gain loyal customers. It can be done, the market is here now for home use buyers, and Williams proved it could be done. They went out because people lost interest. Interest is coming back full steam and stern should make a solid pin. If they want to make a collectors edition, fine but keep the playfield the same and do some other custom work for aesthetic purposes. Powder coat diff. colors, maybe different art, but please make the same game. I cant even begin to tell you how much better xmen LE plays, feels and looks compared to xmen pro. They could have produced a game titled simply "XMEN" and put in the LEDS and all the playfield parts and all the quality parts, and sold plenty of pins at the same price range.

1 month later
#412 11 years ago

I went to Gameworks Saturday expecting to get a chance to play this game.

It was nowhere to be found, TF Pro was also missing.. AC/DC was incredibly unlevel, and the left flipper was sticking.

What a disappointing trip. I scoured the last couple pages and didn't see anyone else mention that the game was removed. Maybe they've done that recently due to the problems?

#413 11 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

AC/DC was incredibly unlevel, and the left flipper was sticking.

What causes the sticking flipper? The Pro at my local arcade had that problem as well. I would like to leave a note for the operator.

Thanks

#414 11 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I went to Gameworks Saturday expecting to get a chance to play this game.
It was nowhere to be found, TF Pro was also missing.. AC/DC was incredibly unlevel, and the left flipper was sticking.
What a disappointing trip. I scoured the last couple pages and didn't see anyone else mention that the game was removed. Maybe they've done that recently due to the problems?

About 25 mins southeast of Gameworks, you can play the Avengers LE at Brixies:

http://brixies.com/

#415 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Do people wax NIB out of the box?

When I set up a new pin I clean the easy to get to areas and give it a coat of wax.

You can have dirt and dust and all kinds of stuff on there from manufacturing the game.

LTG : )

#416 11 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Doh. Wish I would have known that.

I was in town to visit my cousin last weekend. I really wanted to play some more AC/DC, but found myself sorely disappointed. The Avengers would have been a bonus, but turned into salt in the wound.

#417 11 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

NO SHIT DID BRIXIES GET ONE???

BADASSS!!

Sorry for the language, but thats great. Im there man!

#418 11 years ago

along with MM and X-Men. bring a stack of $5.

#419 11 years ago

I knew he had a MM. I have been to galloping ghost twice and every time i forget brixies is right across the street. what do you mean by "bring a stack of $5"? are his machines $0.75 a play?

#420 11 years ago

Roughly 25 mins South of Gameworks there is now an Avengers at Enchanted Castle located in Lombard IL. They just added 9 pinball machines to this location. $1 for 1 play or $2 for 3 plays.
http://www.hauntedtrailsfun.com/indexLombard.html

#421 11 years ago

I stopped by GW today and the Avengers was upstairs. Played for a while got a feel for it. I thought it was a fun pin. The sight lines to the outlanes dose get aggravating. To be honest I think I enjoyed the ac/dc pro more. Its still a fun machine, especially if you dig the theme. I played a WOZ and dollar for dollar you Really see and feel a difference. I would like try the avengers le tho. I think a trip to Brixies is in order.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 421 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-is-on-test-at-gameworks-video-pics/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.