(Topic ID: 33191)

Avengers is on test at gameworks - video pics?

By musketd

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 421 posts
  • 124 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by bigduke6
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20121220_130247-1[1].jpg
2012-12-20_14-35-12_648.jpg
2012-12-20_14-34-52_762.jpg
2012-12-20_14-34-44_143.jpg
2012-12-20_14-34-04_636.jpg
2012-12-20_14-33-28_461.jpg
2012-12-20_14-34-11_973.jpg
2012-12-20_14-33-35_50.jpg
image.jpg
images.jpeg
Cycle-of-Emotion-Graph-300x278.png
Chart-Downhill.jpg
avengersheck.jpg
2012-12-15_18.39.01.jpg
2012-12-15_18.38.47.jpg
There are 421 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
#301 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Dont do it Bro.....Learn from mine & Rob's mistake.....there is a certain music pin out there that kicks ass or maybe somewhere down the road a sick Monster pin will become available...

Are you being cryptic as in KISS Monster album?? Metallica surely?

#302 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Actually Batman had a few movie clips...mostly Joker - "Let's put a smile on that face", "Why so serious", etc. & some cackling and laughing ...and a line or two from movie Bruce Wayne....maybe one from Alfred, I can't remember...it's been a while.

I am not completely certain, but I believe these were all performed by sound-alikes (cough cough Fred Young cough) and not the original cast. In particular you can tell from Joker's "We are tonight's entertainment", which doesn't sound like the one from the movie, and ... anything at all said by Lucius Fox.

#303 11 years ago

Batman is a great game, with TERRIBLE voices. The Michael Caine is atrocious, Morgan Freeman sounds silly, the Batman voice is as bad as it is in the movies, and there are a few Joker voice overs that aren't very good, either (the few not lifted directly from the movie). But BDK is still a great game.

#304 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Batman is a great game, with TERRIBLE voices. The Michael Caine is atrocious, Morgan Freeman sounds silly, the Batman voice is as bad as it is in the movies, and there are a few Joker voice overs that aren't very good, either (the few not lifted directly from the movie). But BDK is still a great game.

I used to think the same thing till i found out about a billion points in 35 shots......that ruined the game for me.

I will try to put 50 games on it. Cant guarantee that will happen do to it being a Friday night and all but i will try. Sounds like some might have it this week. I know of at least one person going to Stern this week to get there game though

#305 11 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

I am not completely certain, but I believe these were all performed by sound-alikes (cough cough Fred Young cough) and not the original cast. In particular you can tell from Joker's "We are tonight's entertainment", which doesn't sound like the one from the movie, and ... anything at all said by Lucius Fox.

You are correct. Rarehero I probably communicated poorly. Batman had a few select movie clips but used voice actors for speech. They did say a few quotes from the movie but I was commenting more on the use of voice actors.

#306 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I agree. Although the joker voice actor grew on me as not bad. Still it's the full immersion into the game that is somewhat lacking but that's the tradeoff. BDK is still a very fun game.

#307 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

After posting the videos yesterday, mine may be as well ...

I sincerely hope not for you and I as we are supporters and customers.

What would be killer is to be invited to Stern to play the LE and experience a dialed in machine. We are local and have tried to be objective. Merry Xmas!

#308 11 years ago

<<I used to think the same thing [about BDK] till i found out about a billion points in 35 shots......that ruined the game for me.>>

+1

Lyman's code update for that game might just have the biggest loop-hole for scoring in his entire career. And I believe that's why you never see BDK in a pinball tournament Voices I could live with because it was mixed with real stuff too, just like TF is mixed.

#309 11 years ago

Wait, so people can actually score the billion point batmobile hurry-up? Even with multiball stacking I figured it was borderline impossible. How exploitable is that rule overall?

#310 11 years ago

GG will be releasing a Pro Gameplay Video soon - looking forward to it, a nice dialled in game or 2 to ease a few minds.

#311 11 years ago

I gave the Pro a good 45 mins of play today.. I focused on flow mainly. I enjoyed it.. good shots. The Hulk area is a little awkward and takes some getting used to. The flow feels like it's there.. the Ironman loop especially. This game is FAST, which is great. I like my games fast and furious. The music is very good. The callouts and voice calls are probably the flattest part of the game, IMO. As mentioned earlier, it's a comic book game with movie art. If this game had comic book art it would be hands down a much better execution of the theme than Xmen. As it is though, it's a .. strange combination.

The software.. it's pretty basic right now. It's been confirmed the game has shipped with beta software. Lyman and Lonnie are apparently hard at work on an update, I'm betting the game gets one before Christmas. Right now though, the game is a basic "shoot X target X amount of times to complete mode" kinda game. Boooooring as far as rules go. Modes are pretty much non-existent. That said, with Lyman helping I'm expecting a lot more to go on here.. and there's definitely room on for some fun modes.

The game looks great. I'm not sure what's up with Gomez's infatuation with these plastic puzzle ramps though.. but I guess that's part of what makes his games unique. I have to give kudos to the lighting on the Pro. There was a lot of thought put into the lighting on this game and it really shows. The game is littered with coloured incandescents! Excellent choice. As far as Pro games go, this is the best looking Pro I've seen yet.

I'm confident the LE is going to be the way to go on this one.. and so I've quite comfortably pulled the trigger on my Hulk LE. It's actually in stock right now.. I just wish I could afford to buy it right now. Deposit is in and the game is locked down though. Now to sell some games..

#312 11 years ago

that's awesome Brock, can I smell a hulk shooter rod coming in the future

#313 11 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/embed/yjv8G8QaKkc?autoplay=1&rel=0

That should calm a few people down with the black widow ramp being hit 3 times in a row.

#314 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Gomez's video looks great!

I agree, it looks real cool and i don't think the rules are finished by any means yet.

But it looks like a fun game, much like XM, I mean a lot of color and action. I am not saying it looks like the best game or anything, Spiderman or Tron or can be had as well for same price. But it doesn't look bad game yet or like a mess to me.

However, I have XM and I think I learned a lesson about buying an unfinished stern game, never know what you will get.

Looks ok to me, but I believe I would also like to see what Skit-B and JJP can do for $5k to $7k price range.

#315 11 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

why base a pin on a movie and not pay to get the rights to use the actual movie clips and voices . I
agree , Big Mistake . Stern can't keep taking the cheap way out . one by one people will stop buying them . I pulled out of this one and am glad i did . I hope the LE's are better for those that have them pre ordered .

Exactly, just use movie quotes, like Tron or IJ. Maybe the quotes won't be exactly pinball words, but they will be real movie actors. I like the dots as opposed to movie capture, but just seems mixed, like it is movie license but no voice or motion capture. Just seems half a movie license to me.

#316 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

That should calm a few people down with the black widow ramp being hit 3 times in a row.

That's the LE video that was posted by GG previously. Nice to see the BW ramp working smooth there.

#317 11 years ago
Quoted from NashBridgezz:

Lyman's code update for that game might just have the biggest loop-hole for scoring in his entire career. And I believe that's why you never see BDK in a pinball tournament.

I have seen it in a great many pinball tournaments, including PAPA A Division last year.

#318 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Yup! I did that 3 times in a row on the Pro myself tonight.. and I'm not a great player by any means. Just lucky sometimes. It's a fun shot. I will say though that most of the flow comes from the left flipper. More shot stoppage with the right for sure, be it from the hulk, the pops or the Loki lock.

#319 11 years ago

<<I have seen [BDK] in a great many pinball tournaments, including PAPA A Division last year.>>

Then all I can say is 'easy money' For tournament caliber players, of course.

#320 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

I will say though that most of the flow comes from the left flipper.

That's good to hear P_C, since my TRON has forced me to be a "righty", it will be nice to finally balance it out!

#321 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

The Gomez LE videos makes me feel much better. The pro video was making me think twice about my purchase. Thanks for the video.

Wait, you put more faith in a selectively edited, discontinuous video of close-up game features than in real-life gameplay video, to represent the actual game? Did you think GG's posted video would actually show balls stuck, the bad ramp shots, flipper issues, etc.? Do you really think the LE will play that much differently than the Pro, which clearly has issues? Enjoy the Kool Aid!

#322 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Wait, you put more faith in a selectively edited, discontinuous video of close-up game features than in real-life gameplay video, to represent the actual game? Did you think GG's posted video would actually show balls stuck, the bad ramp shots, flipper issues, etc.? Do you really think the LE will play that much differently than the Pro, which clearly has issues? Enjoy the Kool Aid!

Steve, you dolt, there are multiple videos of continuous gameplay on LEs now. The video referenced was the one last night, that was clearly one continuous game, unedited. But you couldn't be bothered to get the facts straight before taking another giant crap on some thread, just to spread some misery and be a downer. Go play a game of WPT and stew in silence.

#323 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Go play a game of WPT and stew in silence.

SNAP!

(You know him too well Gambit! )

#324 11 years ago

What koolaid; I am friends with gomez and he has been working his butt off lately for pinball; he really cares about the game and avengers; man you guys can be so cruel at times. This is what i dont understand here. Everybody is so quick to crown jack and praise him, bt yet so fast to down stern; I just dont get it who is really drinking the kool aid here?

#325 11 years ago

Pay no attention to the Church of JJP, nor StevenP. The former are famously in love with a brand that hasn't yet let them down, the latter is just infamous.

#326 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

What koolaid; I am friends with gomez and he has been working his butt off lately for pinball; he really cares about the game and Avengers; man you guys can be so cruel at times. This is what i dont understand here. Everybody is so quick to crown jack and praise him, bt yet so fast to down stern; I just dont get it who is really drinking the kool aid here?

It has been a slow long road for stern...people are down on stern because of quality issues, stripped games, incomplete code, and raising prices to name a few. It's not like its just one thing and all of a sudden. JJP has offered hope in this hobby that seemed to be going down just two years ago.

Nothing against Gomez and his talent, but Transformers soured a lot of people too.

#327 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It has been a slow long road for stern...people are down on stern because of quality issues, stripped games, incomplete code, and raising prices to name a few. It's not like its just one thing and all of a sudden. JJP has offered hope in this hobby that seemed to be going down just two years ago.
Nothing against Gomez and his talent, but Transformers soured a lot of people too.

This is basically what I feel, and I am sure I am not alone.

Has Stern given us some great games over the years, even this year with ACDC? Hell yeah!

Does that excuse games that ship with their own real fireworks show via Aux. board friage, continously untested games sent straight to buyer's homes, having to wait months, possibly years (possibly forever?) for a game to be completed?

Is George Gomez the pinball devil? No. He's just a very busy guy doing his best. But he's also the guy who boasts how "The Pin's" best feature is it is always set to freeplay. His job is to try to build great games, and whether he misses the mark or not it is his job to pump and sell as many as he can.

He has the unenviable position of sitting as an artist creating something he hopes most people love, and being the used car salesmen who really just wants to sell as many as possible (for the best return proftit wise).

Just because I cam empathize with his situation does not mean I am gonna sit back with a smile and swallow/believe everything someone says. Otherwise TFLE owners would be busy jacking down their home's AC voltage as it is obviously too high according to Stern...

#328 11 years ago

When do the Avengers PRO models start shipping?

#329 11 years ago

bummin bout the ball stickin...

#330 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

And TF is a very good game. That should tell you more about people than pinball.

#331 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

bummin bout the ball stickin...

Little bit but lets see how it goes. The newest vids have me feeling really good otherwise.

#332 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Little bit but lets see how it goes. The newest vids have me feeling really good otherwise.

Agreed. Also, I definitely think the ball hang-up can be fixed one way or another. With Wolverine I think that was bothersome more so because there were multiple problems people complained about such as the toy protruding into the shot path, the ramp hitting the toy on some machines, and the arm not always letting the ball through.

#333 11 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

When do the Avengers PRO models start shipping?

Pro and LE models ship at the same time. Premium in February.

#334 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I am feeling alot better about it too...

still really bothered about the audio...

Just makes ZERO sense to me...

Cant wait to get my HULK here, looks like its gonna be a fun pin...

#335 11 years ago

For the money spent i really dont wanna be under the hood all the time...

For the price, i could have 4 other games i could do that with...

I do think that coil pulse on HARD will be the way to go with this one...

That should ensure that the BW ramp can be hit smoothly...

Maybe LOTR coils, if need be....

#336 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Pro and LE models ship at the same time.

only for export

#337 11 years ago

Gomez just posted on facebook:

George Gomez
Updated the Gameworks game- fixed all the issues people complained about. Try it now.

#338 11 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Gomez just posted on facebook:

George Gomez
Updated the Gameworks game- fixed all the issues people complained about. Try it now.

I wish I lived closer so I could go back and see how it plays now versus before. Kudos to George and the gang for addressing the issues.

#339 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I wish I lived closer so I could go back and see how it plays now versus before. Kudos to George and the gang for addressing the issues.

Kudos to them for unborking a game they should be keeping an eye on? You sir, are very generous

#340 11 years ago

can someone take a photo from the players eyes perspective to see how visible the Captain America inserts are because in the LE they are alot lower.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-le-and-pro-playfield-differences
post 4 as a reference.

#341 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

And TF is a very good game. That should tell you more about people than pinball.

Please don't discount people's very legitimate problems with TF. The issues with the game are real and documented....to put that back on the players/buyers is wrong.

#342 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Really? Couldn't disagree more.

#343 11 years ago

Check out all of the dimples on the playfield already. This is the machine at Gameworks. Unbelievable.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#344 11 years ago

Dimples on a new game are very believable ... And expected.

#345 11 years ago

Holy crap. Looks like it has a case of "terminal dimples." Buy it now and swap the playfield, quick!

#346 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I was talking about GG LE gameplay video. But thanks for the nice rant. I appreciate that.

#347 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Check out all of the dimples on the playfield already. This is the machine at Gameworks. Unbelievable.

Dude give it a rest. You are starting to reach Exejet Troll levels. We get that you don't even want to like the game. Let some other new people chime in. You have not said one single positive thing about the game, so you obviously have an agenda.

#348 11 years ago

Every new game dimples. Woz had dimples at expo too.

#349 11 years ago

Not sure why all the venom towards this game or it's designer. I played the one on test at GW. While very vanilla code wise it was fun. I liked the flow and was able to hit every shot the game had. I wish they could have loaded it down with tons of toys and features. Heck, a cool toy for each hero would be great. Along with a laser light show and a moving 3d hologram of Caps shield flying at you when you scored a jackpot. My point is I'm sure George had a ton of ideas, but due to the fact they are operating on a budget (Like every company) he had to pick and choose. Pretty sure that's why the original sounds and original dots instead of movie quotes and clips. I remember before the Pro or LE days people would hear about what features were cut and they would say "I would pay a premium to have that feature/toy". Stern listened and now you have the ability to buy a fully loaded model for a premium price and I hear the same people complaining about that as well. Honestly I think expectations for this machine were at unrealistic levels due to the theme alone. Just go out and drop some tokens in the table and have some fun. If you don't like it enough to buy it then don't. There are a ton of games I enjoy playing, but wouldn't buy for my home. Sorry about he rant. It could be worse though as in no new pins to play and complain about.

#350 11 years ago

My X-men is starting to get dimples as well. Oh well!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,050 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 421 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-is-on-test-at-gameworks-video-pics/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.