(Topic ID: 215606)

Avengers: Infinity War...Must See! (please no spoilers)

By VolunteerPin

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

star (resized).JPG
    8D897F6D-7200-4E62-A13E-42CA07AEAB85 (resized).jpeg
    EB92D16C-1636-443C-8A54-497FBC2B8B56 (resized).jpeg
    3A471DD3-A2AA-41B7-A70B-6247B8FB53FF.gif
    C5F14055-1F25-4E32-843B-8D6D7C4CE81F.gif
    There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

DC is not even in the same league as Marvel Studios when it comes to Superhero films. This is by far one of the best and a must see for all fans, and stay for the credits!!!!

True, Man of Steel is leagues better.

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

True, Man of Steel is leagues better.

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong but are you saying Man of Steel is better than Infinity War?

3A471DD3-A2AA-41B7-A70B-6247B8FB53FF.gif3A471DD3-A2AA-41B7-A70B-6247B8FB53FF.gif

#53 5 years ago

So glad the mouse ears left this one alone.
    The theater sat stunned in their chairs.
    Good stuff!

#54 5 years ago

Worth the price of admission alone with guardians jamming to the spinners!!! Bravo A+++

#55 5 years ago

Thumbs up on the movie. I need to see it again.

#56 5 years ago

Stern dropped the ball with Avengers, here’s hoping they take another shot at it with Infinity War if they could use scenes from the movie and get licensed audio the pin would be off the charts!

I can’t think of a scene that wouldn’t make a cool mode for a pin, here’s hoping they give Avengers another go!

#57 5 years ago

Complete missions to lock balls to make the Infinity Gauntlet and then have an awesome 6 ball multi ball. I can see myself playing it now!

#58 5 years ago

The machine could be epic. Get the music, get sound clips, wow...I’d be a Day 1 LE buyer.

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong but are you saying Man of Steel is better than Infinity War?

I hadn't seen Infinity War until last night. I do like Man of Steel more, but can't really call it better.

I've watched all the other Marvel films though, I'm not really a fan of the series as a whole. I appreciated that Infinity War had moments of sincerity and gravitas. I was entertained.

#60 5 years ago

Big comic fan, big Avengers fan, big Thanos fan.

Thought they did a good job on Thanos. He is not your typical "villain" and they did not make him a 2d evil character. Not doing the Death character, love interest was the right thing to do as it would have taken too much back story and just confused the audience without that. His Black Order were the 2d villains.

There are so many plot lines they had to skim through. Scarlet Witch- Vision love thing is an example of just hurrying the plot forward. Most characters were developed in other movies, so it made it easier to just place the characters in spots and people understood the dynamics.

The subject matter and source material is dark. I do NOT recommend this for little kids. Severed limbs, stabbing, shooting, chin like a ball sack joke, etc... My buddy came with me and said afterwards he is not going to bring his younger ones.

Really a very good movie, and definitely will be one that will need to be seen back to back after the next one is released.

#61 5 years ago

Marvel really is doing a great job with these. I was worried about the original Avengers becasue making a movie with SO MANY main characters is really hard. They blew me away with how well they handled it. Then I was a little worried about Infinity War because now you were talking about a lot more characters to deal with. Everyone from Avengers plus Spider-Man, Vision, Thanos all the Black Panther additions AND the Guardians!

But they did it again.

#63 5 years ago

EB92D16C-1636-443C-8A54-497FBC2B8B56 (resized).jpegEB92D16C-1636-443C-8A54-497FBC2B8B56 (resized).jpeg

#64 5 years ago

Doesn’t surprise me at all, when I saw the figures on Thursday previews I knew it was going to be big, then it was posted by multiple outlets that Infinity War was earning $73,611.11 per minute on Friday!

8D897F6D-7200-4E62-A13E-42CA07AEAB85 (resized).jpeg8D897F6D-7200-4E62-A13E-42CA07AEAB85 (resized).jpeg

#65 5 years ago

Wow,
    Just saw the movie with the whole family (me & wife, 9 and 6 year old daughters. Loved it. Some parts were rough but the girls were fine (they’ve seen all the marvel films over the last year) and the 9 year old was crying for a bit at the end.

I tried to stay spoiler free, skipped the last trailer, avoided commercials, and went internet light this week. Glad I did cause the death count was brutal. Wife can’t believe we have to wait a year for the 2nd half.

Quoted from badbilly27:

SPOILER ALERT
    In my movie too. Best WTF just happened moment since Empire Strikes Back.

I used this same comparison for my wife, who said she doesn’t like empire, and has to watch Jedi immediately following whenever she catches it.

So good, I had no idea where it was all going (which was a nice surprise) and I now have a year to digest what happened. We want to see again, could have gone for an immediate reshowing.

Only questions (I think) I have are

.... Spoliers ....

What happened to Valkyrie? She (and the rest of those from the fight planet) were MIA.
    And this pretty much negated the ending of Ragnarok! All that work to save Asgard the people, and now, only Thor is left, right? He was pretty broken up about his bro, but what about the population of Asgard, they’re all gone, right???

So good, can’t wait, but will. Argh!

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rando:

What happened to Valkyrie? She (and the rest of those from the fight planet) were MIA.
    And this pretty much negated the ending of Ragnarok! All that work to save Asgard the people, and now, only Thor is left, right? He was pretty broken up about his bro, but what about the population of Asgard, they’re all gone, right???

I'm saying half are still alive. The ship was broken in half and I only saw the half thor was on blow up.... plus that's just Thanos's way.

#67 5 years ago

Saw it with the family yesterday, we all thought it was awesome. One of the best movies I have seen in a long time.
    I enjoyed it that much that I will see it again very soon.

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rando:

Wow,
    Just saw the movie with the whole family (me & wife, 9 and 6 year old daughters. Loved it. Some parts were rough but the girls were fine (they’ve seen all the marvel films over the last year) and the 9 year old was crying for a bit at the end.
    I tried to stay spoiler free, skipped the last trailer, avoided commercials, and went internet light this week. Glad I did cause the death count was brutal. Wife can’t believe we have to wait a year for the 2nd half.

I used this same comparison for my wife, who said she doesn’t like empire, and has to watch Jedi immediately following whenever she catches it.
    So good, I had no idea where it was all going (which was a nice surprise) and I now have a year to digest what happened. We want to see again, could have gone for an immediate reshowing.
    Only questions (I think) I have are
    .... Spoliers ....

Minor spoiler from the 2nd movie but Valkyrie, Hawkeye and Angela Bassett’s character are known to have filmed scenes, and were confirmed by Marvel as being in the cast early on; my guess is they just moved their scenes to the 2nd film

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

plus that's just Thanos's way.

Bingo. There is more in the movie, but I won't spoil it. Thor actually mentions it at one point, if you listen.

1 week later
    #70 5 years ago

There's a little kid sitting a few seats away from me in the theater. The movie ends and the kid says...

What if there's an odd number of people in the universe?

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from JeffZee:

Thanos always rounds up.

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from JeffZee:

There's a little kid sitting a few seats away from me in the theater. The movie ends and the kid says...

Awesome!

#73 5 years ago

I could not believe how well Marvel integrated all of those characters so well.

The balance of action / emotion / plot was outstanding.

Black Panther bored me a little; just didn't feel connected with the fight scenes. The continual tribal feeling left me meh as well. That said, it did tie in nicely with Infinity War.

To think Iron Man started this all a decade ago!

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Thanos always rounds up.

Obviously when you see the GOTG characters at the end of the movie.

With the GOTG it was much more than rounding up, it was just beating the percentages in a very bad way.

#75 5 years ago

Did anybody stop and think that it was all Starlords fault? After the movie was over I just thought what a DB

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from TomN:

Did anybody stop and think that it was all Starlords fault? After the movie was over I just thought what a DB

Dr. Strange also, but he knew what could happen in the future.

#77 5 years ago

Chris Pratt has posted some funny stuff lately about everyone's hate for Starlord.

#78 5 years ago

Mr. Stark.......I don't feel so good.

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Dr. Strange also, but he knew what could happen in the future.

Strange is the key to winning, he saw 14 million possible futures and only 1 where they beat Thanos.

#80 5 years ago

For those that are not certain, NO SPOILERS means don't give shit away.

I'm pretty certain at this point if you hadn't seen the movie and were reading the thread you would have stopped, but c'mon people!

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from TomN:

Per Starlord himself:

star (resized).JPGstar (resized).JPG

#82 5 years ago

Saw it last night, Awesome. Its great to watch youtube videos of easter eggs and stuff you missed. "spoiler alert".... Spiderman knew, through spidey senses, that something was wrong, which gave him a few extra seconds to be scared and run to stark.
    I can't believe the hulk got his butt kicked.
    Antman/giant man would have come in handy in any of the fights.
    Very cool to have a dwarf actually play the part of a giant dwarf. That way the proportions, even though bigger, are correct looking.
    Very cool to see Dr Strange go all out fighting.
    Cool to see Iron Spider outfit.
    Best moment had to be Thor kicking butt when he returned.

Definitely buying on Blu ray when it comes out. Now to wait a year dammit. But at least 3 other titles coming out in the meantime.

#83 5 years ago

I just cant figure out why Strange didn't use a portal to cut the gauntlet off of Thanos. Still I enjoyed the flick and my favorite moment is when the douche bag behind me yelled "WHITE STAR!!!????" and like 50 people corrected him at the same time during the post credits scene.

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from Malenko:

I just cant figure out why Strange didn't use a portal to cut the gauntlet off of Thanos.

Cause then the movie would have been over and no need to make the next one. . . where is the profit in that?

Even though Strange saw all the potential outcomes I smile that he still tried to get fight Thanos/get the gauntlet off knowing what would happen. Also noticed that more or less just the original cast of Avengers was left standing at the end.

#85 5 years ago
    Quoted from Malenko:

I just cant figure out why Strange didn't use a portal to cut the gauntlet off of Thanos. Still I enjoyed the flick and my favorite moment is when the douche bag behind me yelled "WHITE STAR!!!????" and like 50 people corrected him at the same time during the post credits scene.

possibly the power gem or reality gem would stop him. Or maybe it was the mystic/magic quality of the gauntlet itself. I dont understand why star lords slapping around thanos while he was half asleep instead of putting a round in his head. He's got the damn gun.

also, before I went to see the movie , I purposely avoided any news/magazine/article that had marvel infinity war in its title. common sense. including this thread.

#86 5 years ago
    Quoted from Malenko:

I was wondering why Strange didn't tell Thor to 'aim for his head' if he had a shot at taking out Thanos.

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from GGBGROUP:

I was wondering why Strange didn't tell Thor to 'aim for his head' if he had a shot at taking out Thanos.

How? By the time Dr.Strange knew how to win. Thor was off getting his hammer.

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-infinity-warmust-see-please-no-spoilers/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.