(Topic ID: 215606)

Avengers: Infinity War...Must See! (please no spoilers)

By VolunteerPin

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

star (resized).JPG
    8D897F6D-7200-4E62-A13E-42CA07AEAB85 (resized).jpeg
    EB92D16C-1636-443C-8A54-497FBC2B8B56 (resized).jpeg
    3A471DD3-A2AA-41B7-A70B-6247B8FB53FF.gif
    C5F14055-1F25-4E32-843B-8D6D7C4CE81F.gif

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 1 year ago

Just got back from a fan event for the new Avengers Infinity War movie. I won't give up any spoilers but all I can say is, WOW! That was seriously one of the best movies I've ever seen. It is an amazing movie literally 10 years in the making since Iron Man. I love Thanos as a villain. Great character. Blown away at how good this movie is. I hope y'all enjoy it as much as me and my two teenage boys did.

If you post something that may be a spoiler, please warn folks. I'm sure some stuff will get out relatively soon but I'd hate to ruin someone's experience.

Happy movie going...

Darin

#2 1 year ago

Good to hear I am excited to go see it.

#3 1 year ago

Seeing it Saturday in IMAX. Can't wait.

#4 1 year ago

Going to see it tomorrow night. I’m excited. It looks to be a really good movie. Glad that you liked it, that hopefully means I will too

#5 1 year ago

My whole family saw it this evening...great movie. Made 2 1/2 hours go by in what seemed like 20 minutes. You almost feel like it took a physical toll on you to watch it...very intense. Did you stay for the "teaser" after the credits? That's a hint for others...stay.

#6 1 year ago

Absolutely epic. THE best superhero movie. Such an amazing mix of humour, gravitas, stakes, emotion. Unbelievable action pieces. WOW is a great description.

#7 1 year ago

saw it last evening. the movie deserves its title...i love all the characters and the permanent humour in dialogues.
    Great and spectacular movie...sometimes a little long
    just stay till last second of the generic...

#8 1 year ago

Black Panther currently has a 10 % points higher score (96% to 86%) on Rotten Tomatoes at the moment? I thought Panther was just OK. Is this better than Black Panther?

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from okayestpinballer:

Black Panther currently has a 10 % points higher score (96% to 86%) on Rotten Tomatoes at the moment? I thought Panther was just OK. Is this better than Black Panther?

Yes, it is. I also just "enjoyed" BP, seems like there are those that rank it up there as the best super hero movie. Probably wouldn't make it in my top 5....

We originally had tickets to go today at 3:00pm but couldn't wait so we prewatched it at a 12:45am showing in preparation for our 3pm showing in a few hours

#10 1 year ago

I'm going in a little less than 2 hours, I can't wait. I'm definitely a fanatic.

#11 1 year ago

Didn't read any of the above, going Sunday with family, looking forward to day...

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Yes, it is. I also just "enjoyed" BP, seems like there are those that rank it up there as the best super hero movie. Probably wouldn't make it in my top 5....

Agreed...BP was alright. Would probably rank around 8th for me in the Marvel universe. It's good but I personally prefer Avengers, Avengers Infinity War, IM #1, Thor Ragnorock, Deadpool, Spiderman Homecoming and Winter Soldier over BP.

#13 1 year ago

Looking forward to this one, seeing it Sunday and trying to dodge spoilers.

I really found BP lacking, I think it would be dead last in my ranking of Marvel movies, unless I'm forgetting one that was particularly bad...

#14 1 year ago

I loved it. It may be a bit polarizing, just as The Last Jedi was, but it was great.

The movie took tons of subtle references and made them unique, funnny and exciting. Each Marvel movie brought a small piece of itself in this movie, so it was truly an ‘event film.’

Tons of surprises, laughs and classic moments. You’ll have a blast.

#15 1 year ago

It was amazing. Go see it.

#16 1 year ago

New Avengers movie is by far the best Marvel movie to date...that is not a slap against the other movies, this new one was that good.

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

New Avengers movie is by far the best Marvel movie to date...that is not a slap against the other movies, this new one was that good.

100%. I have no idea how they will top this, but knowing Marvel they will.

Now onto the Deadpool 2 count down.

#18 1 year ago

Watched BP last weekend and glad I did. Plays into Infinity War and I think I would have been lost if I didn’t see BP. Infinity War is intense and brings a new dimension to the Marvel Universe. Make sure you wait through the credits, there is a teaser at the end.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from MMGB:

Watched BP last weekend and glad I did. Plays into Infinity War and I think I would have been lost if I didn’t see BP. Infinity War is intense and brings a new dimension to the Marvel Universe. Make sure you wait through the credits, there is a teaser at the end.

Must see Dr. Strange, BP and Thor Ragnarok before seeing this movie. A lot of stuff simply won't make a lot of sense without them.

Heck, add SM homecoming to that. Shoot, really nice to see 'em all before actually.

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

100%. I have no idea how they will top this, but knowing Marvel they will.
    Now onto the Deadpool 2 count down.

You see the DP2 trailer on your viewing? Can't wait for that one either!

#21 1 year ago

How much better than Justice League?

#22 1 year ago

There is no comparison.......

#23 1 year ago

That movie is garbage

#24 1 year ago

LOL. Justice League? Even the DP2 trailer makes fun of the DC Universe. Had the whole theater laughing. Infinity War and Justice League are in the same genre but not in the same class.

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from VolunteerPin:

You see the DP2 trailer on your viewing? Can't wait for that one either!

Yeah, gonna be soooo good.

#26 1 year ago

Wife and I just returned.

Will just leave it at the movie was what we expected. . . and yet it wasn't. And that is not necessarily a bad thing. Definitely would be up for seeing it again.

We sorta cheated; arrived early enough to get a seat so we were able to catch the teaser at the end of the previous showings credits. Didn't ruin the movie and were able to hit the bathrooms before everyone else flooded out.

#27 1 year ago

Just got back from Infinity War twice! Holy shit this movie was awesome!

I have loved almost every previous MCU movie made all the more special as it’s the first thing me and my son made into a little tradition for us, my expectations where sky high and I was blown away!!

All the little surprises and things I didn’t expect left me genuinely surprised which a film hasn’t done in a long time, the second the credits hit I could have happily watched it again.... oh wait I did

And the end credits scene was excellent!!

#28 1 year ago

Just got back from our second viewing in 15 hours. Just as good the second time around!

#29 1 year ago

On my way to IMAX now! We only go out to the movies once a year or so... and I knew this was the one for 2018.

#30 1 year ago

DC is not even in the same league as Marvel Studios when it comes to Superhero films. This is by far one of the best and a must see for all fans, and stay for the credits!!!!

#32 1 year ago

You only need to check out my avatar that I have been using since I got here. This movie rocked!

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Hate the ending.

Really ? It was an epic ending ....I love it....best ending EVER .....

#35 1 year ago

It’s good. Non-stop action. Having said that, I don’t feel the need to see it again in the theater...

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from Monarca1091:

Really ? It was an epic ending ....I love it....best ending EVER .....

How it the best ending ever when you kill off multiple billion dollar franchises?? Disney and marvel can’t be that dumb can they?? Unless it’s all some sort of alternate reality.........

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coz:

How it the best ending ever when you kill off multiple billion dollar franchises?? Disney and marvel can’t be that dumb can they?? Hope it’s all some sort of alternate reality

Go check out what happened in the comic story line by the same name.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coz:

How it the best ending ever when you kill off multiple billion dollar franchises?? Disney and marvel can’t be that dumb can they?? Unless it’s all some sort of alternate reality.........

Spoiler alert please.

I don’t know the comics but Dr Strange clearly had this in his mind after reviewing all the possible outcomes. This is in effect a 2 part movie and rumor has it the next one will be 3 hours, so really haven’t seen the “end”

#39 1 year ago

This was originally labelled "PART 1", with next May's installment "PART 2". They should have left that on, as this movie is _clearly_ "PART 1".

Outstanding movie - had a blast, going back to see it again in the next few days. Big, loud, funny, stunning.

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from JWJr:

This was originally labelled "PART 1", with next May's installment "PART 2". They should have left that on, as this movie is clearly_ "PART 1".
    Outstanding movie - had a blast, going back to see it again in the next few days. Big, loud, funny, stunning.

Yes, I’m sure all will be restored and we can continue this adventure next year. Looking forward to it!! I’m sure all our questions will be answered, or at least most of them.

#41 1 year ago

Mild Comic Spoilers related to Part 1 and backstory.

This movie is a modern retelling of the first half of Infinity Gauntlet storyline, streamlined to fit into the MCU. In the comics, Thanos comes back to life in the Silver Surfer comic and is in love with the personification of Death. To try and win her affections, he decides to kill half the universe. To get this level of power, he goes to collect the infinity gems and becomes god-like. He wipes out half the universe with the finger snap but Death spurns him because he is no longer his equal, but greater. Heroes try to defeat him and initially fail. Cosmic beings (doubt will be in the second movie) get involved, and much more craziness happens. I won’t spoil any more so you can either read the graphic novel or wait for the movie.

This played out over two years throughout Silver Surfer comic, The Thanos Quest two part series (where he gets the stones) and the 6 issue Infinty Gauntlet series. This subsequently spawned several follow ups (Infinty War, Infinity Crusade). The return of Thanos started out small and became an instant juggernaut, which made Marvel extend out the story. I love the Infinity Gauntlet as it is a classic and bonkers story. However, if you are looking for any even better read, get Thanos Quest as it is self contained (so you don’t need to be a comics geek), delves into the character of Thanos, and shows how he collects the infinty stones in very interesting ways. It is a few bucks on the ComiXology app and well worth the read.

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

In the comics, Thanos comes back to life in the Silver Surfer comic and is in love with the personification of Death. To try and win her affections, he decides to kill half the universe.

As a fan of the original comic like myself, how did you feel about the change to Thano’s and his reasoning of his actions in the movie?

I was worried they wouldnt developer him properly and he would end up being s paper thin Villain, but personally I really liked the reasoning behind his actions and his rationale/motivations, in fact it was so much better than just to impress Death (a woman) and he felt a lot more developed as a character, fleshed out and complex, far more than in the comics where he is it pretty much one dimensional imo.

#43 1 year ago

Spoilers and commentary on the ending of the movie:

If you were familiar with the source material, you figured the movie would end similarly to where it did with the finger snap and killing of people. I would bet that most people do not realize that Thanos kills most of the heroes in the final fight of the movie (including Captain America) but brings them back to life (when he rewinds time to get the mind stone from Vision). The Captain America death is almost verbatim from the comic. Then, he does the big killing with the finger snap. This is the right cliffhanger to setup the rest of the story. In my opinion, they executed it perfectly and I loved how the movie just ended. In my screening, there were audible gasps and confusion, with some people pissed. This was a ballsy move by the filmmakers and was awesome in my opinion.

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from J85M:

As a fan of the original comic like myself, how did you feel about the change to Thano’s and his reasoning of his actions in the movie?
    I was worried they wouldnt developer him properly and he would end up being s paper thin Villain, but personally I really liked the reasoning behind his actions and his rationale/motivations, in fact it was so much better than just to impress Death (a woman) and he felt a lot more developed as a character, fleshed out and complex, far more than in the comics where he is it pretty much one dimensional imo.

I thought the movie portrayal was fantastic! They humanized the character more than I thought they would do, but I loved the way it came across the screen. Josh Brolin was tremendous!

In the comics, things were flushed out in things like Thanos Quest and stories that came out after the Infinty trilogy. As portrayed in the actual Infinty Gauntlet. I agree he was thin, but when you expand the apperature (even during that time with what was going on in Silver Surfer and Thanos Quest), there was more meet on the bones. Things really got flushed out starting with Marvel:The End (you find out what happens when Thanos wins and the price of that victory) and some of the subsequent series. I think the just ended storyline (Thanos Wins) was one of the best storylines of any character I have ever read (no hyperbole) and was just shocked how it came out of nowhere with little fanfair. It appears that I am not the only one in this boat as marvel has had to reprint the issues multiple times (a rarity in this market) and have announced follow up stories coming out of this. For people looking for an excellent read, get these six issues that just came out (final issue was two weeks ago).

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

there were audible gasps and confusion, with some people pissed

My wife said "I can't believe they killed Spiderman" she got pissed (;

I know it will get reversed but still dramatic ending that leaves you saying WTF? I actually enjoyed it, not every movie ends with a happy ending. Fantastic movie, highly recommend seeing in a theatre.

I did make the mistake of leaving after the movie and not staying through the credits to see spoiler. If you go and see it-stay for post credit scene with spoiler.

#46 1 year ago

Yeah the post credits scene is superb, pretty simple but so well executed as a teaser, no one does it better than Marvel.

#47 1 year ago

The whole world is about to go crazy this weekend and it doesn't know it.

#48 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyThom:

The whole world is about to go crazy this weekend and it doesn't know it.

And all with a simple click of my fingers...

C5F14055-1F25-4E32-843B-8D6D7C4CE81F.gif

#49 1 year ago

Just saw last night - excellent movie! If your a fan of the Marvel movies they tie this in SO well. You really come to appreciate the 10 year build up to this event and how they expertly laid bread crumb trail to this point.

Not a spoiler, this link is a great connect the dots before you see the new Avengers movie. I want a new Avengers pinball machine with real actor voices and movie clips. Someone do this theme right!!

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2018/04/entertainment/marvel-infinitywar-timeline/

#50 1 year ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

In my screening, there were audible gasps and confusion, with some people pissed. This was a ballsy move by the filmmakers and was awesome in my opinion.

SPOILER ALERT

In my movie too. Best WTF just happened moment since Empire Strikes Back.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 235.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7.65
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    € 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 17.99
    Playfield - Decals
    Lermods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 169.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7.65
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 30.00
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 400.00
    Boards
    Great American Pinball
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside