Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rzObuMloQ2mR1IEI99nj_gwToNmy (resized).png
    y4Magh7eRdCyAYSZ35Ow_5YrYBKm (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

#1 6 years ago

For those interested the trailer for Avengers Infinity War just dropped!

#2 6 years ago

Looks cool I think a new avengers Pinball based off infinity war would be awesome.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Looks cool I think a new avengers Pinball based off infinity war would be awesome.

If a pinball company wants to do Infinity War as a pin, PLEEEASSEE hire me as a consultant.

I will help you make the game something truly representative of the MCU.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If a pinball company wants to do Infinity War as a pin, PLEEEASSEE hire me as a consultant.
    I will help you make the game something truly representative of the MCU.

If the film is as good as it looks and I have enjoyed every MCU film to date, a pin on Infinity War would need full audio and visual assets shitty sound alikes won’t cut it!

This movie is the culmination of a decade of universe building by Marvel, the pin would have to be something equally as special, some new ideas, new/old but awesome toys/mechs, franchi art, I want the pin to blow my mind as much as the movie!

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

would need full audio and visual assets shitty sound alikes won’t cut it!

The problem is that they don't have the budget to hire the actual actors for game specific stuff to blend the game into the existing assets. The games always need custom speech. You can't just use snippits from the movie because nobody says "go for the left ramp" or "jackpot" etc. If they're not getting the original actors I wish they'd get reasonable impersonators and have them RE-RECORD the movie lines so everything blends together with new custom lines.

Buuuuut that's a general complaint about licensed games.

Regarding a new avengers game --- too soon man. Too soon.

#6 6 years ago

Well I'll be a bobbily bobo and a bobbily bo! I wasn't expecting much, but that looks pretty cool.

#7 6 years ago

Prediction: this will be the first movie to break the $3B threshold.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

The problem is that they don't have the budget to hire the actual actors for game specific stuff to blend the game into the existing assets. The games always need custom speech. You can't just use snippits from the movie because nobody says "go for the left ramp" or "jackpot" etc. If they're not getting the original actors I wish they'd get reasonable impersonators and have them RE-RECORD the movie lines so everything blends together with new custom lines.
    Buuuuut that's a general complaint about licensed games.

Which is ultimately the big problem facing the LCD era of pinball, you have video assests from a licence but custom audio, it’s an even tougher act to pull off when the characters are as well know visually and audibly as characters from the MCU.

If Stern can secure Star Wars surely they can secure some of the MCU actors/characters?

Quoted from epthegeek:

Tell that to Stern or JJP, anything that is going to make a company a lot of money is not too soon, and the MCU is a big money maker, Infinity War is going to be printing it’s own money

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Just watched some of waspinat0rs stream of the code update -- they did what I was talking about, but they did a piss poor job of it. Holy heck.

Quoted from J85M:

Which is ultimately the big problem facing the LCD era of pinball, you have video assests from a licence but custom audio, it’s an even tougher act to pull off when the characters are as well know visually and audibly as characters from the MCU.

Yeah. You have to really be willing to invest in quality new assets that blend together new stuff with the license, like JJP has been doing so far. Stern just running video clips and text is a big swing and a miss with the LCD.

Quoted from GGBGROUP:

Why on earth would you assume that when none of the franchise films are anywhere close to that so far?

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

If the film is as good as it looks and I have enjoyed every MCU film to date, a pin on Infinity War would need full audio and visual assets shitty sound alikes won’t cut it!
    This movie is the culmination of a decade of universe building by Marvel, the pin would have to be something equally as special, some new ideas, new/old but awesome toys/mechs, franchi art, I want the pin to blow my mind as much as the movie!

That's why I'm offering. I feel like I am enough of a super-fan + pinballer to help guide an Infinity War pin to being something special. Not that their games aren't great today, I'm not saying that at all. But they need someone ultra passionate about Infinity War and the MCU to make it really sing.

#11 6 years ago

The best footage shown at comic-con wasn’t in the trailer, if a pin is made and all the video/audio assests can be locked in with some creative playfield mechs could be epic!

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from GGBGROUP:

I had to do some thinking there. I couldn't figure out why you were predicting Beauty and the Beast (highlighted) to climb to over 3B this late in it's release.

#13 6 years ago

I've told my wife this would be my grail pin. Realistically, what would an Infinity War pin with access to the whole MCU catalog end up costing? A $20k+ pin suddenly doesn't seem out of the question....

#14 6 years ago

The trailer is kinda bitter-sweet, knowing that they said some of these characters and/or actors are wrapping up their MCU run.

#15 6 years ago

Is that purple guy Grimace's abusive father?

#16 6 years ago

y4Magh7eRdCyAYSZ35Ow_5YrYBKm (resized).jpgy4Magh7eRdCyAYSZ35Ow_5YrYBKm (resized).jpg

rzObuMloQ2mR1IEI99nj_gwToNmy (resized).pngrzObuMloQ2mR1IEI99nj_gwToNmy (resized).png

#17 6 years ago

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

thanks.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-infinity-war-trailer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.