• Latest reply 41 hours ago by PoMC
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

671905E8-38E5-4A2B-8D57-CF3B7825CF6E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20211227_173347567 (resized).jpg
6C3C41B3-5803-4C2E-A539-1D136ECA26BD (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sleal16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 2 years ago

Good stuff. I need to make a list, but some videos were not playing when called upon. Volume was a little low on a couple of the MB songs. I do need to mess with my speaker settings though so will see

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

Agreed, very impressive stuff, Spider!
I too don't have all the videos playing. It's gets stuck on whatever the last image was when attempting to play the Hawkeye videos, ball end, game over/match, etc. though the intro video played fine.

Yeah, roughly the same symptoms here. Seeing that twitch stream, its the same machine and image we're running...so I'm curious whats different. My initial thought was to check the resolutions of those videos...but if its playing in one system....

Quoted from insight75:

Can someone point me to instructions on how to install?

Use the same steps as Stern's to burn the .img file to the SD card. I'm putting it on a spare SD to keep the original software intact as I'm testing it (I've made several changes + scores that I'm too lazy to copy over as well).

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

So far have seen Iron man, Thor, Hawkeye…..let me play it some more to see the others.

I need to replay it again to see how the MB's look, but i know the one that stood out as not working was the Bonus/Ball's End. The shield clip was replaced with that famous avengers shot from the first movie

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Spider:

Sorry Guys,
my pin runs with the setting German, maybe that is the reason why not all videos work without errors ... with me the videos run flawlessly

Think I had the issue even in German before I changed it to English. In ChromeCandyPinball's stream, it seems he was using your image as-is, except he changed the language to English. And it worked for him. Going to see if I can find a different SD card somewhere to test out. I used a new 32GB i got from Best Buy, so I dont want to say its the card's fault, but you never know if some images get fickle.

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Or the fix I assume. Is it best to use the original code for now then?

If you have a spare card to test it out, doesnt hurt to try. Outside of trying another card (which I'll get over the weekend), not sure what else I can adjust.

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Runs flawlessness for me too, once I changed the language to English

I used a 16GB card, and didn't have any issues either

I just burned the image to a card. I did in on macOS using the following Unix commands. First use diskutil list to see what device is your SD (mine was /dev/disk2) then modify the subsequent commands appropriately
diskutil list
sudo diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk2
sudo dd bs=1m if=/Users/username/Downloads/AIQ1.01.img of=/dev/rdisk2
sudo diskutil eject /dev/rdisk2

I doubt it.

Huh, not sure why etcher would be able to partially/successfully copy the image and have a working game except for video...but no issues with the dd tool. The game ran as expected after burning it on a 32gb with it.

#50 2 years ago

Sorry, what’s the dd tool? Thanks

It's a built-in command line tool on Mac. The disk utility app has a burn image feature as well, not sure how closely it matches the command line process.

As far as the command line, twenty84 has the general process listed

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Mine came with 1.02. Wonder if this was my issue.....

Looks to have been the etcher process. I've used that one and anther 3rd party for my Pi's and other small projects with no issue (even the stern update), but it looks to not play nice with some of these videos.

You'd have to use the command line on Mac (I'll test out the graphical interface later today) or the win32diskimager on windows

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Just saw this thread. The other day I started working on my own update. On all my Stern's (and friends) I replace the attract mod videos with custom videos. Avengers has 8-9 attract videos for me to play with, so that's great.
I'm also replacing the music with songs from the original soundtracks of the various movies - not just Avengers End Game, or Avengers. So Captain Marvel has her theme from that soundtrack; Black Panther; etc.
I have no plans to replace any in-game content at the moment and certainly not with movie clips because I prefer the comic art. Movie clips look out of place to me when the entire theme is comic based. I'll post videos when I have something to show. Still very early in the project and in the asset gathering and decision phase. Then comes the editing.

I hear you on the movie clips part. I had initially started playing with the Avengers Assemble show which this is based off of to grab character attack clips and such to use for the Gem Quest modes...but man did they put minimum effort in animation for that cartoon. Going from comic art to movie clips feels a bit off, but better than that show. After watching the last couple What If...? episodes, going to try cutting some action scenes and see how that fits in comparison.

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

I've been tinkering around, adjusting some elements on the image (change a song here and there, tweaking volumes on clips, etc.) and reburning to the card with changes. It's going well, but today when I put my new SD card in and played a sample game, the machine warned me of a node 8 board power overcurrent issue. When I played, the autoplunger wouldn't work. I swapped back to the stock SD card/code and all was fine. Kind of makes me nervous to continue with the custom SD card/code. Anyone encountered similar issues? Am I worried about nothing?

I dont remember at what point I got that error as well, as I was going back and forth on SD cards and had also just installed a couple of mods so had just finished unplugging and plugging back in cables. I know when i got the error, I went to the diags screen to run node tests and none of the nodes came back with any alerts....So I'm hoping it was just a fluke also

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You know what sucks and can't be changed?
The failure scenes showing the shitty looking Gauntlet collecting the stones. Those are many, many, many,.BMP files to animate the scenes and not a video for each one. I had terrific replacement ideas ready too. Such a bland animation.

Is the bmp system is limited in resolution and cant break up a video into individual frame files?

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

No idea how that works. I was digging around in the directory structure of all the scenes looking for the gauntlet and gems clips and then found the .bmp files for the gauntlet and gems.
If anyone is a member of the Pinball Enthusiasts Facebook group, I've been streaming my changes the last 2 days.

Nice! I'll join that group today

#75 2 years ago

Immigrant song would be cool for Thor. And Black Sabbath Iron Man for iron man would be cool.

Spider's has immigrant song, but think the way the other sound effects are coded, I could barely hear it play. All the callouts, lightning strikes, jackpots, etc would put the song itself on mute during them and couldn't even tell the song was playing most of the time. Curious if that can be adjusted

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

Whenever I'm adding a song to pinballbrowser, I put it in at 300% volume to start and then see if I need to tweak it further. I'm having luck with adding Immigrant Song to Thor MB and Shoot to Thrill for Iron Man MB.

Ah, cool cool. forgotten that individual sound clips could be upped in volume. I'll see how that runs. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

4,999 (Firm)
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sleal16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-infinity-quest-spider-soundmod?tu=sleal16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.