• Latest reply 2 days ago by PoMC
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

671905E8-38E5-4A2B-8D57-CF3B7825CF6E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20211227_173347567 (resized).jpg
6C3C41B3-5803-4C2E-A539-1D136ECA26BD (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PoMC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 2 years ago

Just saw this thread. The other day I started working on my own update. On all my Stern's (and friends) I replace the attract mod videos with custom videos. Avengers has 8-9 attract videos for me to play with, so that's great.

I'm also replacing the music with songs from the original soundtracks of the various movies - not just Avengers End Game, or Avengers. So Captain Marvel has her theme from that soundtrack; Black Panther; etc.

I have no plans to replace any in-game content at the moment and certainly not with movie clips because I prefer the comic art. Movie clips look out of place to me when the entire theme is comic based. I'll post videos when I have something to show. Still very early in the project and in the asset gathering and decision phase. Then comes the editing.

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

I hear you on the movie clips part. I had initially started playing with the Avengers Assemble show which this is based off of to grab character attack clips and such to use for the Gem Quest modes...but man did they put minimum effort in animation for that cartoon. Going from comic art to movie clips feels a bit off, but better than that show. After watching the last couple What If...? episodes, going to try cutting some action scenes and see how that fits in comparison.

Yup thought about Avengers Assemble cartoon clips, but you're right, it would make the game look like crap. I'm very pleased with the in-game animations and artwork anyway, so that's good.

#65 2 years ago

I've been enjoying working on my updates to the code. Testing today's final version now and very please with the attract mode videos. I also replaced many boring, static, bonus and MB total screens.

Then I decided to liven up the Iron Ball lock is lit and balls 1-3 locks because the boring Quinjet and Avengers Tower art was lacking. Now, Iron Man is putting down his helmet visor and his eyes glow for Lock Is Lit. Then three cool comic animated scenes for locking balls 1-3.

Next will be replacing the music with original soundtrack scores.

#66 2 years ago

You know what sucks and can't be changed?

The failure scenes showing the shitty looking Gauntlet collecting the stones. Those are many, many, many,.BMP files to animate the scenes and not a video for each one. I had terrific replacement ideas ready too. Such a bland animation.

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Is the bmp system is limited in resolution and cant break up a video into individual frame files?

No idea how that works. I was digging around in the directory structure of all the scenes looking for the gauntlet and gems clips and then found the .bmp files for the gauntlet and gems.

If anyone is a member of the Pinball Enthusiasts Facebook group, I've been streaming my changes the last 2 days.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Couldn't find any of your streams...which group specifically are you posting to? Would love to see what you've cooked up!

Here's the group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pinballenthusiasts

Here's the latest stream:

https://www.facebook.com/699468157/videos/177406287744651/

Already made another version to test. Once I'm happy with the video content, I'll move to the audio.

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Requested to join group. Looking forward to your progress! Can’t wait. What audio content are you looking to add?

Probably replacing the game music with the Marvel soundtrack music from the various movies. Captain Marvel would have her movie theme, etc.

I like the callouts just fine and don't plan to touch them.

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Immigrant song would be cool for Thor. And Black Sabbath Iron Man for iron man would be cool.

I'm considering adding Immigrant Song, but an orchestral version, not Led Zep. Keeping all music the orchestral soundtracks.

#80 2 years ago

Posted videos of my latest changes in the Avengers club thread. I’m very pleased with my new game opening scenes.

4 months later
#130 2 years ago
Quoted from Spider:

Thanks, I worked with high-quality sounds, the Stern software unfortunately pulls the level down.

Is that still happening with Pinball Browser 8? Last I worked on Avengers was using version 7 and saw the same issue with the sound quality, so I just stopped with my videos changes/additions. Need to update all the video to code 1.03 though and thought maybe I'd revisit the audio again.

1 week later
#155 2 years ago

Star Wars is the game with Midnight Madness restored. I know, because I did it.

2 weeks later
#163 2 years ago

Walmart brand's, Onn, is a perfectly fine Class 10 card.

5 months later
#200 1 year ago

It's all fine playing with custom code and IC.

1 year later
#289 4 months ago
Quoted from altan:

Anyone notice clicking in the main theme? For example, just start a game and don’t plunge?
It seems to occur on the beat but not at the same place each time.
I’ve removed the backglass and inspected for rattle, just to be safe. Also using the recommended -10 / 0 settings.
Seems to occur regardless of main vol, such as 10 or 15.

Stern has implemented lame ass “copy protection” that will add clicks to some tracks.

That’s why I haven’t update my comic code to the current code version because no one wants to hear that.

1 month later
#303 3 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

I just installed Spider 's latest 1.08 with the added comic animations done by PoMC. Ohhhhhh, yeah! Very nice, indeed. The biggest thing I noticed was the Hulk Rampage. That is so much more enjoyable now. Kudos to spider and PoMC !

Thanks! Yeah the Hulk gamma rampage animations are so much more fun over stock.

3 months later
#313 2 days ago

I also suggest setting the Audio Filter to None.
-Utilities Menu - Audio Levels - Audio filter type

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,644 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PoMC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-infinity-quest-spider-soundmod?tu=PoMC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.