• Latest reply 37 hours ago by PoMC
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

671905E8-38E5-4A2B-8D57-CF3B7825CF6E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20211227_173347567 (resized).jpg
6C3C41B3-5803-4C2E-A539-1D136ECA26BD (resized).png
There are 313 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 3 years ago

Hello Pinsiders,

I've edited the 0.94 code a bit. So far I have replaced 10 Sounds with Filmsounds (Mainmusic, Startmusic, Shooterlane, Soul GEM, Iron Man MB, Thor MB, Portal is open, win a GEM, Endsong, Highscore)

As the code grows, I will continue to evolve along with it.

Here is Sounddemo with some Sounds.

#2 3 years ago

very well done. the GAME OVER song is amazing. i'd want it just for that alone.

#3 3 years ago

For those people having issues with the plunge rattling and not making it round the orbit/ramp or getting trapped underneath the pop bumper, I think I've found your problem, by accidentally creating it, then solving it.

I had the playfield up for the first time since playing over 500 games without issue, I just wanted to clean it and give the feed from the gauntlet ramp a little tweak.

When I lifted the playfield I noticed a nut missing from the guide.

So rather than going straight on Pinside to complain of the build quality I fitted a nut and tightened it down.
This now meant that the guide had no side to side play in it, and also inadvertently raised the guide higher further up the playfield.

When I put everything back together and played some games almost half of the balls from the auto plunge rattled and came back down the right orbit.

So I went back under the playfield and removed the nut. In the half dozen or so games I've played since no issues with the ball rattling.

As an aside it also means that there is a little give in the guide meaning that if you shoot the orbit slightly late it doesn't bounce off the guide as much and has more chance of making the shot.

I know some have added a washer under this peg to try and stop and pooling or chipping, in doing so it looks like you've created the problem

At no point has the autoplunge strength been changed from default. In fact I think lowering it much more than what it is would compromise the ability for it to make it all the way round the ramp.

I also slightly adjusted the wire guide from the gauntlet/side ramp and now have a near perfect feed to the flipper every time.

The only 'problem' I now have is the drop from the tower seems to be bouncing away from the flipper a bit more making the Hawkeye shot virtually impossible

#4 3 years ago

Hi,

my Soundmod Version 0.94 for Pro and Prem/LE is done.

i will no posting any links to directly download any images.

Send me a PM and I'll do my best to respond.

#5 3 years ago

Hi,

Pro Version

3 weeks later
#6 3 years ago

Hi,

Soundmod for 0.95 Version ist ready. Only for Prem/LE, PB dont‘t work with Pro Firmware

New Music for Power, Reality and Time Gem, also for Black Order Multiball.

New Start- and Shooterlane Sequenz.

https://www.facebook.com/Borso.Ha/videos/10217454551176000/?

#7 3 years ago

Very cool! I hope owners appreciate this.

5 months later
#8 2 years ago

My wife and I were talking about getting this game but wishing the music from the movies was on there. Great work Spider! If we end up getting one I’ll definitely reach out to you.

1 week later
#9 2 years ago

Bump for awesome sound mix. Thanks for saving my ears!

#10 2 years ago

Wow, not so much activity here, how come? JP & ST sound/video mods makes it 5 times better. Is this the only soundmod for aiq?

2 months later
#11 2 years ago

Sorry Guys, had too much work, but 1.01 is ready now, please send me PN.

Thanks

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Spider:

Sorry Guys, had too much work, but 1.01 is ready now, please send me PN.
Thanks

For the pro?

#13 2 years ago

Good stuff. I need to make a list, but some videos were not playing when called upon. Volume was a little low on a couple of the MB songs. I do need to mess with my speaker settings though so will see

#14 2 years ago

Really nice work here! Would be interested if there is a pro version as well.

#15 2 years ago

Hi,

Pro and Prem/LE work.

Best Setting : Speech 0 and Music -10
Don‘t touch bass etc. Settings

Only a few videos were edited at Prem/LE.
With the final Code even more attempts are made…also for Pro

#16 2 years ago

Could you post a new video for us to see the code? The facebook link provided several posts earlier isn't accessible...it's set to private.

Thanks...we really appreciate your work on this!

#17 2 years ago

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this video shows the latest Spider code: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1142136275

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this video shows the latest Spider code: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1142136275

Won’t play for me. Says error
I am definitely interested in this.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Won’t play for me. Says error
I am definitely interested in this.

Hmm, works for me. Alternatively, go to twitch.tv and search for "ChromeCandyPinball". Click on ChromeCandyPinball, scroll down to his Recent Broadcasts, and it's the first one, labelled "New Avengers Code".

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Good stuff. I need to make a list, but some videos were not playing when called upon. Volume was a little low on a couple of the MB songs. I do need to mess with my speaker settings though so will see

Agreed, very impressive stuff, Spider!

I too don't have all the videos playing. It's gets stuck on whatever the last image was when attempting to play the Hawkeye videos, ball end, game over/match, etc. though the intro video played fine.

#21 2 years ago

So awesome you did this. Why hasn’t this thread gotten any traction? I just ordered an AIQ pro. Message sent.

#22 2 years ago

Can someone point me to instructions on how to install?

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

Agreed, very impressive stuff, Spider!
I too don't have all the videos playing. It's gets stuck on whatever the last image was when attempting to play the Hawkeye videos, ball end, game over/match, etc. though the intro video played fine.

Yeah, roughly the same symptoms here. Seeing that twitch stream, its the same machine and image we're running...so I'm curious whats different. My initial thought was to check the resolutions of those videos...but if its playing in one system....

Quoted from insight75:

Can someone point me to instructions on how to install?

Use the same steps as Stern's to burn the .img file to the SD card. I'm putting it on a spare SD to keep the original software intact as I'm testing it (I've made several changes + scores that I'm too lazy to copy over as well).

#24 2 years ago

Next time ChromeCandy goes live on Twitch, I can ask him if he had to do anything to get it to work.

The only things I did (that shouldn't theoretically effect the video playback) is swap out the IronMan Multiball song before flashing the file to the SD card, and then I had to switch the Language from German to English in Standard Adjustments after putting the card in the machine.

Perhaps ChromeCandy got a slightly different version of the file from Spider?

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Use the same steps as Stern's to burn the .img file to the SD card. I'm putting it on a spare SD to keep the original software intact as I'm testing it (I've made several changes + scores that I'm too lazy to copy over as well).

Ahh now it make sense. Thank you. I was trying to load it to a thumb drive and install like the usual code updates and wondering why in the heck I couldn't get a 7gig file on it. haha.

#26 2 years ago

OK. Got it installed its great! Impressive! Small favor to ask for the next version.....any possibility to change the "I am Iron Man" to the voice of Robert Downy Jr?

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

OK. Got it installed its great! Impressive! Small favor to ask for the next version.....any possibility to change the "I am Iron Man" to the voice of Robert Downy Jr?

Are all the videos playing properly for you (i.e. Hawkeye Challenge, Thor Multiball, Iron Man Multiball, Captain Marvel, Ball End, etc.)?

#28 2 years ago

So far have seen Iron man, Thor, Hawkeye…..let me play it some more to see the others.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

So far have seen Iron man, Thor, Hawkeye…..let me play it some more to see the others.

I need to replay it again to see how the MB's look, but i know the one that stood out as not working was the Bonus/Ball's End. The shield clip was replaced with that famous avengers shot from the first movie

#30 2 years ago

So after playing a bit more and comparing to the video, I see that some of the videos don't play. The opening video freezes and I never see Thanos. What does play looks very cool!

#31 2 years ago

Great work on this! Avengers is such a great shooting game, but I always felt let down by the lack of soundtrack/real actor voices etc. This really adds a lot to the game. Don't own one, but would definitely install it if I did.

#32 2 years ago

Sorry Guys,

my pin runs with the setting German, maybe that is the reason why not all videos work without errors ... with me the videos run flawlessly

#33 2 years ago

I was surprised by the video with my Sound Mod. Doesn't it violate the Stern Eula?

It's not the current version.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Spider:

Sorry Guys,
my pin runs with the setting German, maybe that is the reason why not all videos work without errors ... with me the videos run flawlessly

Think I had the issue even in German before I changed it to English. In ChromeCandyPinball's stream, it seems he was using your image as-is, except he changed the language to English. And it worked for him. Going to see if I can find a different SD card somewhere to test out. I used a new 32GB i got from Best Buy, so I dont want to say its the card's fault, but you never know if some images get fickle.

#35 2 years ago

I always use the exact same size as the Stern orignal SD card and never had any problems

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Think I had the issue even in German before I changed it to English. In ChromeCandyPinball's stream, it seems he was using your image as-is, except he changed the language to English. And it worked for him. Going to see if I can find a different SD card somewhere to test out. I used a new 32GB i got from Best Buy, so I dont want to say its the card's fault, but you never know if some images get fickle.

I used a Sandisk 16gb Class 10 SDHC1 card, formatted FAT32 and had the video problem

#37 2 years ago

I'm using an 8 GB that was the original in my LZ pin (but replaced by Stern so I had an extra)

Also, mine was set to English. I never adjusted this.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

I used a Sandisk 16gb Class 10 SDHC1 card, formatted FAT32 and had the video problem

What video problem did you have?

#39 2 years ago

What video problem did you have?

I'm on a Pro. Most of the videos don't play. The image prior to the video playing (Hawkeye challenge, Thor MB, Ball End, Game Over Match, etc.) just hangs. Strangely, the intro video plays when starting, but that seems to be it.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

I'm on a Pro. Most of the videos don't play. The image prior to the video playing (Hawkeye challenge, Thor MB, Ball End, Game Over Match, etc.) just hangs. Strangely, the intro video plays when starting, but that seems to be it.

Ok I am getting a pro myself. So is the issue only with pro’s then?

#41 2 years ago

Ok I am getting a pro myself. So is the issue only with pro’s then?

Other people with Premiums/LEs seem to be having issues with the video as well. It's not clear the extent yet.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

Other people with Premiums/LEs seem to be having issues with the video as well. It's not clear the extent yet.

Or the fix I assume. Is it best to use the original code for now then?

#43 2 years ago

Or the fix I assume. Is it best to use the original code for now then?

If you have a spare card to test it out, doesnt hurt to try. Outside of trying another card (which I'll get over the weekend), not sure what else I can adjust.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from Spider:

Sorry Guys,

Runs flawlessness for me too, once I changed the language to English

Quoted from Spider:

I always use the exact same size as the Stern orignal SD card and never had any problems

I used a 16GB card, and didn't have any issues either

Quoted from Whifflebat:

Next time ChromeCandy goes live on Twitch, I can ask him if he had to do anything to get it to work.

I just burned the image to a card. I did in on macOS using the following Unix commands. First use diskutil list to see what device is your SD (mine was /dev/disk2) then modify the subsequent commands appropriately

diskutil list
sudo diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk2
sudo dd bs=1m if=/Users/username/Downloads/AIQ1.01.img of=/dev/rdisk2
sudo diskutil eject /dev/rdisk2

Quoted from Whifflebat:

Perhaps ChromeCandy got a slightly different version of the file from Spider?

I doubt it.

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I just burned the image to a card. I did in on macOS using the following Unix commands. First use diskutil list to see what device is your SD (mine was /dev/disk2) then modify the subsequent commands appropriately
diskutil list

I used Mac OS and used Etcher per the Stern instructions. This is as far as my technical abilities will take me. I have no idea what this means above. haha!

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

diskutil list

I doubt it.

Huh, not sure why etcher would be able to partially/successfully copy the image and have a working game except for video...but no issues with the dd tool. The game ran as expected after burning it on a 32gb with it.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Huh, not sure why etcher would be able to partially/successfully copy the image and have a working game except for video...but no issues with the dd tool. The game ran as expected after burning it on a 32gb with it.

Sorry, what’s the dd tool? Thanks

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

diskutil list

I doubt it.

I’m using a Mac as well, so are these commands used to install through Mac terminal?

If not how do we I best install using a Mac?

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I’m using a Mac as well, so are these commands used to install through Mac terminal?
If not how do we I best install using a Mac?

Yes, these UNIX commands can be entered in the MacOS terminal app. Beware of the following:
1) /dev/disk2 and /dev/rdisk2 correspond to the CF card on my machine, but this won't be generally true us use "diskutil list" to see what it is on your system
2) The name of the input file "if=...." must correspond to where the disk image is on your system. You can delete the path I put in and just drag your disk image into the terminal window when your cursor is at that location and it will put in the correct path for you.
3) After the dd command it will take a while (maybe 10 min) to burn the image. You can type ctrl-T and it will tell you what progress is being made.

I'm aware that other people use various other 3rd party programs to do this with varied success. I'm not familiar with these methods.

#50 2 years ago

Sorry, what’s the dd tool? Thanks

It's a built-in command line tool on Mac. The disk utility app has a burn image feature as well, not sure how closely it matches the command line process.

As far as the command line, twenty84 has the general process listed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,644 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

There are 313 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-infinity-quest-spider-soundmod?hl=thehive and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.