• Latest reply 42 hours ago by Yesh23
  • Topic is favorited by 103 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

671905E8-38E5-4A2B-8D57-CF3B7825CF6E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20211227_173347567 (resized).jpg
6C3C41B3-5803-4C2E-A539-1D136ECA26BD (resized).png

There are 307 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 12 months ago

Can someone remind me how to load the new spider code? If I remember I downloaded it to my flash drive then load into the game. Do I need to update to the newest code from stern also?

#252 12 months ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Can someone remind me how to load the new spider code? If I remember I downloaded it to my flash drive then load into the game. Do I need to update to the newest code from stern also?

Follow the same procedure to burn a new stern image just choose the one you get from spider

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/How-to-Create-a-SD-Card-for-a-SPIKE-System-Pinball-Machine.pdf

#253 12 months ago

Thanks, I didn't know if it was thumb drive or burning the SD Card for an update if already installed. I just need to put my game back together first.

#254 12 months ago

Hopefully a silly question, but want to be safe... as long as I'm on 1.06, can I swap back and forth between stock 1.06 and this version (or any other modded code) on 1.06 just by popping different SD cards in/out with no risk?

#255 12 months ago
Quoted from OhYeahPlayer:

Hopefully a silly question, but want to be safe... as long as I'm on 1.06, can I swap back and forth between stock 1.06 and this version (or any other modded code) on 1.06 just by popping different SD cards in/out with no risk?

you can go back and forth several versions at will with different cards. The machine will downgrade and upgrade no problem. I wouldn't go back too far though. I always keep the previous release around just in case I run into a bug I need to downgrade for.

#256 12 months ago

Anybody care to share their speech and music attenuation settings?

Does the cool new start ball space clip freeze after a couple seconds of run time for everyone?
Thinking maybe i need to redownload and/ or reflash. Have some glitchyness and my hawkeye challenge clip looks pixalated everytime. Also my game screen froze after setting a high score had to reboot.

Sandisk ulta 120mb/s 32GB SD card

#257 12 months ago

Hi,

use win32diskimager and 8GB or 16 GB SD Cards

#258 11 months ago

I loaded up the new code and it’s great as expected, but I’m getting a frozen screen at the end of a game. I have to go into the coin door and push the test button and it’ll finish the end of game stuff. Anyone else having this issue? Should I reload the code to the flash drive?

#259 11 months ago
Quoted from Spider:

1.06 for Prem/LE is ready, please PN if interested....
Pro will come in a few days

Any update on the Pro version? No rush, just excited!

#260 11 months ago

hello Spider thanks for your work have you finish the pro version ?

#261 11 months ago

Any tips on doing the update on a mac?

I updated to 1.06 with a memory stick earlier today and the game works fine.

I then flash the code with balena etcher. When I put the disk with the software in, it loads and says

Game Code Update
Insert USB Memory Stick

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I tried a 8 mb 45 m/s disk and also tried a 16 gb 80 m/s disk.

Thanks for the help!

2 weeks later
#262 11 months ago

Hi,

Sorry it took me a while to finish the Pro version, but now it's up....I've also lost track of who else is interested, so please send me a PM.

#263 10 months ago

Hi spider thanks a lot for send me your code, i try it but finally prefer the classic stern code, but you dis a great job continu this way you made a lot of people happy ✌️✌️✌️ it work perfectly with my 32gb card

1 week later
#264 10 months ago
Quoted from Spider:Hi,
Sorry it took me a while to finish the Pro version, but now it's up....I've also lost track of who else is interested, so please send me a PM.

PM sent! Thank you so much for this update.

1 week later
#265 10 months ago

Spider thanks so much for the efforts here. Just a question for us, none IC owners: is there anything different with the 1.06 version of your code (music or video) from your previous? Or was it simply to support the new code version? (Since I don’t have a topper <gem mania>, updates after 1.03 don’t add value from what I can tell.)

Thanks again for finding cool ways to improve this game!

#266 10 months ago

I would love to try this out on my IQ Premium. Could someone send me the link?

3 weeks later
#267 9 months ago

Does anyone know if the custom 1.06 code can be run on a machine that is currently on 1.07 simply by swapping cards, or would the machine need to be downgraded to 1.06 official code first? If it's the latter, how can that be done?

#268 9 months ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

Does anyone know if the custom 1.06 code can be run on a machine that is currently on 1.07 simply by swapping cards, or would the machine need to be downgraded to 1.06 official code first? If it's the latter, how can that be done?

just swap cards, it will downgrade itself

#269 9 months ago
Quoted from Spider:

Hi,

Looking at adding Ball lock screens. To me, locks 1 & 2, are “building” Iron Man, and lock 3 he comes out to play. So, some scenes from the first IM movie from the epic suit-up scene are what I’m envisioning…

3 weeks later
#270 8 months ago

Sent PM a few days ago. Looking forward to checking this out. Thanks in advance!

2 months later
#271 5 months ago

Hi there, can anyone here send me a video of what the movie code looks like? I am considering getting between an AIQ or something else. This code would greatly affect my decision. Thanks in advance!

1 week later
#272 5 months ago

The mod is a lot of fun, but it shouldn't change your decision about whether to buy the table or not.

#273 5 months ago
Quoted from gnocchi_pesto:

Hi there, can anyone here send me a video of what the movie code looks like? I am considering getting between an AIQ or something else. This code would greatly affect my decision. Thanks in advance!

I don't have a video but I'll see if I can upload one somewhere. I was in exactly the same place a few months ago. I was on the fence. I thought AIQ game play was excellent but I wanted some of that movie magic. I was lucky enough to find one for sale locally with the sound mod and played it. It pushed the game to something I had to have.

The movie soundtrack adds so much by itself. I don't know if the sound effects were changed too, but they seemed to really pop more than I remembered. The call outs are the same I think. I wish all the comics were replaced by movie clips, but instead there's movie scenes at lots of key points. Maybe about 1/3 of the animations are replaced, most of the places where there's appropriate scenes to insert. I worried it would be too disjointed, but for me it pays homage to both the comics and the movies. The iconic Thor and Iron Man music from the movies during multiballs has to be my favorite. So energizing! Wow!

The other deciding factor was playing the Premium edition rather than just the Pro. The portal opening and the Captain marvel shots are so cool. AIQ is my favorite game right now. I also had fun modding it by adding Iron Man, Thor, and other characters to the playfield.

#274 5 months ago

Hi,

Thanks for the nice compliments on the mod. I'm currently in the process of editing 1.07, then I'll try to improve a few things with the Iron Man Lock and maybe a few little things. Since I'm just going on vacation now, it will take a while, but it will come after that. If Prem/LE works, then I'll do the Pro too.

#275 5 months ago
Quoted from gnocchi_pesto:

This video doesn't show everything but should give you a good idea.

#276 5 months ago
Quoted from PinballDude89:

This video doesn't show everything but should give you a good idea.

Thanks a bunch!

#277 5 months ago
Quoted from Spider:

Hi,
Thanks for the nice compliments on the mod. I'm currently in the process of editing 1.07, then I'll try to improve a few things with the Iron Man Lock and maybe a few little things. Since I'm just going on vacation now, it will take a while, but it will come after that. If Prem/LE works, then I'll do the Pro too.

That’s really well done, thank you. I’d like to try it once you get it complete.

#278 5 months ago
Quoted from Spider:

Hi,

Many thanks. I have the older version of the movie/sound mod and would be great to have something even more developed. So please PM me when you're ready (I have a premium). Meanwhile, enjoy your vacation!

#279 5 months ago

I just recently found out about this sound mod and put the 1.06 version in. It is very cool and a must mod for this machine. I’m looking forward to the 1.07 once it is complete.

2 weeks later
#280 4 months ago
Quoted from Spider:

Hi,

Hello Spider!
As the proud owner of an Avengers Pro since last June, I'd love to be able to try out this fantastic mod you've created.
Would you be able to PM me the link?

4 weeks later
#281 4 months ago

Writing to confirm: the current Premium/LE version of this mod works with IC? No issues? Or is it better to stay on an older, non-IC version?

#282 4 months ago

I’ve been playing this mod since 1.03, so at least a year. And I’ve had zero issues whatsoever with my IC.

#283 4 months ago

Yes, it works with IC. I am currently testing the 1.07 code. If everything works, you will find the information here in a few days.

New additions are matching Iron Man Ball Lock scenes, BonusX and Bonus X2 (Wanda) and Hulk scenes during the fight for the Power Stone. I hope that everything works, if I increase the quality of the videos, my AIQ crashes. I hope I can get it under control.

#284 3 months ago

Hi,

1.07 Code for Prem/LE is available. If you are interested please write me a PM.

The Pro version is already in progress and will be available in a few days, I'll post it here when it's ready.

#285 3 months ago

Just confirming that this is the tool to use to flash the image?

https://win32diskimager.org/

I've flashed SD cards before, but with a different tool.

#286 3 months ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Just confirming that this is the tool to use to flash the image?
https://win32diskimager.org/
I've flashed SD cards before, but with a different tool.

Yes.

#287 3 months ago

If you are a Mac person, just wanted to share you can use the Raspberry Pi imager to easily write Spider’s img to an SSD.

https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/imager/imager_latest.dmg

I’m sure there are 100 valid approaches. But I had this installed already and it worked like a charm. Plus it’s a well supported and legit tool.

Just scroll down and select the option for a custom img rather than the various RPi images.

#288 3 months ago

Anyone notice clicking in the main theme? For example, just start a game and don’t plunge?

It seems to occur on the beat but not at the same place each time.

I’ve removed the backglass and inspected for rattle, just to be safe. Also using the recommended -10 / 0 settings.

Seems to occur regardless of main vol, such as 10 or 15.

1 week later
#289 3 months ago
Quoted from altan:

Anyone notice clicking in the main theme? For example, just start a game and don’t plunge?
It seems to occur on the beat but not at the same place each time.
I’ve removed the backglass and inspected for rattle, just to be safe. Also using the recommended -10 / 0 settings.
Seems to occur regardless of main vol, such as 10 or 15.

Stern has implemented lame ass “copy protection” that will add clicks to some tracks.

That’s why I haven’t update my comic code to the current code version because no one wants to hear that.

2 weeks later
#290 89 days ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Wow!! this mod is amazing!! Another bolted down game!!

Amen to that. This game is soon much fun now with this code

#291 89 days ago
Quoted from Spider:

1.06 for Prem/LE is ready, please PN if interested....
Pro will come in a few days

Do you havea similar sound/video mod for Guardians of the galaxy?

#292 87 days ago

Downloaded and installed your AIQ mod. It looks and sounds awesome. Thank you for contributing to the community.

#293 87 days ago
Quoted from maveric18:

Do you havea similar sound/video mod for Guardians of the galaxy?

Sorry, i have no GotG

#294 87 days ago
Quoted from tha_freeman:

Downloaded and installed your AIQ mod. It looks and sounds awesome. Thank you for contributing to the community.

Thanks

#295 83 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Stern has implemented lame ass “copy protection” that will add clicks to some tracks.
That’s why I haven’t update my comic code to the current code version because no one wants to hear that.

Where did you hear about this? I don't see it on a forum search.

#296 83 days ago
Quoted from adrock:

Where did you hear about this? I don't see it on a forum search.

A few places in the pinball browser thread, but here's one

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/110#post-7868563

2 weeks later
#297 63 days ago

Hi,

i have finished the Pro 1.08 code and will upload it, I think it will be available tomorrow. Unfortunately I could not test it for functionality. In principle everything should work.
If you are interested, just write me a PM.
If anything does not work, please let me know.

And yes, I will also update the Prem/LE version to 1.08, if I could do enough tests with my AIQ.

#298 62 days ago

Got a chance to put a bunch of games on version 1.7 premium in the past week. Can't imagine the game without it now. Multiball added music makes this a must. Donation sent. Nice work!

#299 62 days ago

Thanks

#300 56 days ago

Hi,

with PoMC's permission, I have now included parts of his mod in my 1.08. version for Prem/LE. Of course my mod remains a movie version. PoMC has added much nicer animations, especially for Hulk with the gamma, as well as great attract videos. I also took over 2 of his music sounds, one of them is the Mind Gem, which I found more dramatic than mine. I have also added a few additional scenes, I hope you like it.

Special thanks again to PoMC for your ideas and the realization.

If you are interested in my 1.08 Prem/LE code, feel free to send me a PM.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs
Toppers
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rockville, MD
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coopersburg, PA
There are 307 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-infinity-quest-spider-soundmod/page/6?hl=glester and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.