• Latest reply 31 hours ago by PoMC
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

671905E8-38E5-4A2B-8D57-CF3B7825CF6E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20211227_173347567 (resized).jpg
6C3C41B3-5803-4C2E-A539-1D136ECA26BD (resized).png
There are 313 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 2 years ago

So, I solved my video issue on my AIQ Pro. I reburned the image to my SD card, but I didn't use Etcher this time, I used Win32DiskImager... and it worked! Videos play properly this time! But... I encountered an issue with the Pro image. Even though when the machine loads up and confirms that it's using the Pro software, the system thinks I'm on a Premium/LE and after spelling STRANGE on the disc, it wants me to shoot the Portal, not the right ramp to start a gem mode. Meaning, there's no way for me to start modes.

Can any other Pro owners confirm they have this issue as well?

Edit: I've confirmed that the Strange Portal Tower and Ant Man VUK settings are present in the Game Settings of the image, so the image file I have appears to be for the Premium/LE (even though on bootup it says Pro)

#52 2 years ago

The new machines are coming with 1.02 on them. I assume it's not a great idea to downgrade to 1.01. No one even knows what's in the 1.02 update since it's not on Stern's site

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

The new machines are coming with 1.02 on them. I assume it's not a great idea to downgrade to 1.01. No one even knows what's in the 1.02 update since it's not on Stern's site

Mine came with 1.02. Wonder if this was my issue.....

#54 2 years ago

I will find out Monday which code I get on my pro. Mine is coming from Vegas and not directly from Stern. Not sure how long he has had it.

6C3C41B3-5803-4C2E-A539-1D136ECA26BD (resized).png6C3C41B3-5803-4C2E-A539-1D136ECA26BD (resized).png
#55 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Mine came with 1.02. Wonder if this was my issue.....

Looks to have been the etcher process. I've used that one and anther 3rd party for my Pi's and other small projects with no issue (even the stern update), but it looks to not play nice with some of these videos.

You'd have to use the command line on Mac (I'll test out the graphical interface later today) or the win32diskimager on windows

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Looks to have been the etcher process. I've used that one and anther 3rd party for my pis and other small projects with no issue (even the stern update), but it looks to not play nice with some of these videos.
You'd have to use the command line on Mac (I'll test out the graphical interface later today) or the win32diskimager on windows

I can try win32diskimager. Will try that later today.

#57 2 years ago

Just saw this thread. The other day I started working on my own update. On all my Stern's (and friends) I replace the attract mod videos with custom videos. Avengers has 8-9 attract videos for me to play with, so that's great.

I'm also replacing the music with songs from the original soundtracks of the various movies - not just Avengers End Game, or Avengers. So Captain Marvel has her theme from that soundtrack; Black Panther; etc.

I have no plans to replace any in-game content at the moment and certainly not with movie clips because I prefer the comic art. Movie clips look out of place to me when the entire theme is comic based. I'll post videos when I have something to show. Still very early in the project and in the asset gathering and decision phase. Then comes the editing.

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Just saw this thread. The other day I started working on my own update. On all my Stern's (and friends) I replace the attract mod videos with custom videos. Avengers has 8-9 attract videos for me to play with, so that's great.
I'm also replacing the music with songs from the original soundtracks of the various movies - not just Avengers End Game, or Avengers. So Captain Marvel has her theme from that soundtrack; Black Panther; etc.
I have no plans to replace any in-game content at the moment and certainly not with movie clips because I prefer the comic art. Movie clips look out of place to me when the entire theme is comic based. I'll post videos when I have something to show. Still very early in the project and in the asset gathering and decision phase. Then comes the editing.

I hear you on the movie clips part. I had initially started playing with the Avengers Assemble show which this is based off of to grab character attack clips and such to use for the Gem Quest modes...but man did they put minimum effort in animation for that cartoon. Going from comic art to movie clips feels a bit off, but better than that show. After watching the last couple What If...? episodes, going to try cutting some action scenes and see how that fits in comparison.

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Comic art definitely needs to stay. Film clips would definitely look off and out of place. Looking forward to see what you come up with.

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

I hear you on the movie clips part. I had initially started playing with the Avengers Assemble show which this is based off of to grab character attack clips and such to use for the Gem Quest modes...but man did they put minimum effort in animation for that cartoon. Going from comic art to movie clips feels a bit off, but better than that show. After watching the last couple What If...? episodes, going to try cutting some action scenes and see how that fits in comparison.

Yup thought about Avengers Assemble cartoon clips, but you're right, it would make the game look like crap. I'm very pleased with the in-game animations and artwork anyway, so that's good.

#61 2 years ago

I like the movie clips honestly. I get the points raised above but its pretty cool to see the movie clips like the Iron Man has.

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

So, I solved my video issue on my AIQ Pro. I reburned the image to my SD card, but I didn't use Etcher this time, I used Win32DiskImager... and it worked! Videos play properly this time! But... I encountered an issue with the Pro image. Even though when the machine loads up and confirms that it's using the Pro software, the system thinks I'm on a Premium/LE and after spelling STRANGE on the disc, it wants me to shoot the Portal, not the right ramp to start a gem mode. Meaning, there's no way for me to start modes.
Can any other Pro owners confirm they have this issue as well?
Edit: I've confirmed that the Strange Portal Tower and Ant Man VUK settings are present in the Game Settings of the image, so the image file I have appears to be for the Premium/LE (even though on bootup it says Pro)

OK. I'm good now using Win32DiskImager. Success. All videos play. Love it.

#63 2 years ago

I've been tinkering around, adjusting some elements on the image (change a song here and there, tweaking volumes on clips, etc.) and reburning to the card with changes. It's going well, but today when I put my new SD card in and played a sample game, the machine warned me of a node 8 board power overcurrent issue. When I played, the autoplunger wouldn't work. I swapped back to the stock SD card/code and all was fine. Kind of makes me nervous to continue with the custom SD card/code. Anyone encountered similar issues? Am I worried about nothing?

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

I've been tinkering around, adjusting some elements on the image (change a song here and there, tweaking volumes on clips, etc.) and reburning to the card with changes. It's going well, but today when I put my new SD card in and played a sample game, the machine warned me of a node 8 board power overcurrent issue. When I played, the autoplunger wouldn't work. I swapped back to the stock SD card/code and all was fine. Kind of makes me nervous to continue with the custom SD card/code. Anyone encountered similar issues? Am I worried about nothing?

I dont remember at what point I got that error as well, as I was going back and forth on SD cards and had also just installed a couple of mods so had just finished unplugging and plugging back in cables. I know when i got the error, I went to the diags screen to run node tests and none of the nodes came back with any alerts....So I'm hoping it was just a fluke also

#65 2 years ago

I've been enjoying working on my updates to the code. Testing today's final version now and very please with the attract mode videos. I also replaced many boring, static, bonus and MB total screens.

Then I decided to liven up the Iron Ball lock is lit and balls 1-3 locks because the boring Quinjet and Avengers Tower art was lacking. Now, Iron Man is putting down his helmet visor and his eyes glow for Lock Is Lit. Then three cool comic animated scenes for locking balls 1-3.

Next will be replacing the music with original soundtrack scores.

#66 2 years ago

You know what sucks and can't be changed?

The failure scenes showing the shitty looking Gauntlet collecting the stones. Those are many, many, many,.BMP files to animate the scenes and not a video for each one. I had terrific replacement ideas ready too. Such a bland animation.

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The failure scenes showing the shitty looking Gauntlet collecting the stones. Those are many, many, many,.BMP files to animate the scenes and not a video for each one. I had terrific replacement ideas ready too. Such a bland animation.

Is the bmp system is limited in resolution and cant break up a video into individual frame files?

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Is the bmp system is limited in resolution and cant break up a video into individual frame files?

No idea how that works. I was digging around in the directory structure of all the scenes looking for the gauntlet and gems clips and then found the .bmp files for the gauntlet and gems.

If anyone is a member of the Pinball Enthusiasts Facebook group, I've been streaming my changes the last 2 days.

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

No idea how that works. I was digging around in the directory structure of all the scenes looking for the gauntlet and gems clips and then found the .bmp files for the gauntlet and gems.
If anyone is a member of the Pinball Enthusiasts Facebook group, I've been streaming my changes the last 2 days.

Nice! I'll join that group today

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Couldn't find any of your streams...which group specifically are you posting to? Would love to see what you've cooked up!

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Couldn't find any of your streams...which group specifically are you posting to? Would love to see what you've cooked up!

Here's the group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pinballenthusiasts

Here's the latest stream:

https://www.facebook.com/699468157/videos/177406287744651/

Already made another version to test. Once I'm happy with the video content, I'll move to the audio.

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Here's the group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/pinballenthusiasts
Here's the latest stream:
https://www.facebook.com/699468157/videos/177406287744651/
Already made another version to test. Once I'm happy with the video content, I'll move to the audio.

Requested to join group. Looking forward to your progress! Can’t wait. What audio content are you looking to add?

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Requested to join group. Looking forward to your progress! Can’t wait. What audio content are you looking to add?

Probably replacing the game music with the Marvel soundtrack music from the various movies. Captain Marvel would have her movie theme, etc.

I like the callouts just fine and don't plan to touch them.

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Probably replacing the game music with the Marvel soundtrack music from the various movies. Captain Marvel would have her movie theme, etc.
I like the callouts just fine and don't plan to touch them.

Immigrant song would be cool for Thor. And Black Sabbath Iron Man for iron man would be cool.

#75 2 years ago

Immigrant song would be cool for Thor. And Black Sabbath Iron Man for iron man would be cool.

Spider's has immigrant song, but think the way the other sound effects are coded, I could barely hear it play. All the callouts, lightning strikes, jackpots, etc would put the song itself on mute during them and couldn't even tell the song was playing most of the time. Curious if that can be adjusted

#76 2 years ago

I'm considering adding Immigrant Song, but an orchestral version, not Led Zep. Keeping all music the orchestral soundtracks.

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Spider's has immigrant song, but think the way the other sound effects are coded, I could barely hear it play. All the callouts, lightning strikes, jackpots, etc would put the song itself on mute during them and couldn't even tell the song was playing most of the time. Curious if that can be adjusted

Whenever I'm adding a song to pinballbrowser, I put it in at 300% volume to start and then see if I need to tweak it further. I'm having luck with adding Immigrant Song to Thor MB and Shoot to Thrill for Iron Man MB.

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

Whenever I'm adding a song to pinballbrowser, I put it in at 300% volume to start and then see if I need to tweak it further. I'm having luck with adding Immigrant Song to Thor MB and Shoot to Thrill for Iron Man MB.

Ah, cool cool. forgotten that individual sound clips could be upped in volume. I'll see how that runs. Thanks!

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

That’s awesome!

#80 2 years ago

Posted videos of my latest changes in the Avengers club thread. I’m very pleased with my new game opening scenes.

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I imagine they are using bmp sequences because of the various stone combinations possible from playing. It would be too many video files. This way makes it modular and lighter K weight. BMP files also support transparency.
Stones that have already been collected by Thanos and present in the gauntlet would most likely be the last frame of the sequence. Do you know how many frames/images are used for each stone animation? If you were to replace them, I imagine each sequence has to be the same amount of frames.

#82 2 years ago

Hi,

some videos are only 60-80 frames.

I can understand that a lot of people want to keep the comic look, but I like the Movie Soundtrack and the original Movie clips, so I'm currently working on the Iron Man sequences....

#83 2 years ago

This is great work. The soundtrack music is great. Will you be adding more movie clips. Cheers James.

#84 2 years ago

yes, i'm still working on it, Iron Man is almost done, will replace as much as is reasonable and possible

#85 2 years ago

Than you very much for getting back to me. I am getting a premium and would really like to add this when you are finished. Avengers shoots so well but I’m not into the comic theme. I would have preferred it to be movie based. What you have done takes this game to the next level. The start with Thanos is fantastic cheers James.

2 weeks later
#86 2 years ago

I want to add the Avengers Assemble video from Endgame for All Avengers collected. Do you use Pinball Browser? I imported the video already, but how do you add the sound with it?

#87 2 years ago

Sounds from inserted videos are not adopted, you have to insert the appropriate sound in the appropriate place under "Sounds". Yes, of course I use the Pinball Browser.

#88 2 years ago

Just curious, where do you go to find these clips and sounds?

#89 2 years ago

then you have to look for it, there are a lot of sound and video files and therefore a lot of work

1 week later
#90 2 years ago

Where can I get my hands on the edited sound files? Maybe I'm missing obvious links?

#91 2 years ago

This is amazing. The movie music really take it to another level.

I see above Iron Man MB being discussed with Shoot to Thrill, I think that's about the only thing I might swap from the sound mod.

This is godly. Thank you.

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

This is amazing. The movie music really take it to another level.
I see above Iron Man MB being discussed with Shoot to Thrill, I think that's about the only thing I might swap from the sound mod.
This is godly. Thank you.

Sounds awesome, how did you end up getting it?

#93 2 years ago

Yeah, i am wondering that too? I pm'd Spider a couple of times, but unfortunately never heard back from him.

If anyone have a working link to share, i would really appreciate it.

#94 2 years ago

I also pm'd Spider also a couple of days ago. Hoping he gets back to us as this is an awesome mod.

2 weeks later
#95 2 years ago

Can anyone send me the link for the Premium version in a PM please?

thanks!

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from NeokAG:

Can anyone send me the link for the Premium version in a PM please?
thanks!

I’d like it also, please.

#97 2 years ago

Same here but for pro, if someone can pm the link please
Thanks

#98 2 years ago

I just checked and the current version of pinball browser can open the 1.02 firmware. Has anyone updated the 1.01 version? Small changes in the update it to adjust scoring.

#99 2 years ago

PM link please. I’m ready to give these new sounds a whirl. Thanks for your work!

#100 2 years ago

Hi,

1.02 for Pro and Prem/LE are in progress...please wait

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,185 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 125.00
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
$ 16.50
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.00
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 313 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-infinity-quest-spider-soundmod/page/2?hl=reginex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.