• Premium/LE 123 votes
    64%

(191 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

123_1(3) (resized).jpeg
204-avengers-infinity-quest (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Which one are you going for and why? Are the extras worth the money?

I put a poll up as well.

#2 3 years ago

I went premium because of the extras. Is it worth it? I don’t know since I have not played either. Hope this helps!

#3 3 years ago

I’m awaiting an LE. Love the extras but this is one of those titles where I think you just can’t go wrong. The Pro also looks like an incredible game.

#4 3 years ago

When and if? Pro. I like the extra spinner and the rest of the extras on the Pre/LE do nothing for me.

#5 3 years ago

Pro for me. Looks awesome, and isn’t slowed down for the ball lock. I’m sure any of them would be fine to own.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I’m awaiting an LE. Love the extras but this is one of those titles where I think you just can’t go wrong. The Pro also looks like an incredible game.

LE is gonna be one sweet game. Hope you get it soon.

#7 3 years ago

Pro looks great!

#8 3 years ago

I will be buying a pro for location. I think this will do very well with casual fans

#9 3 years ago

I went pro just to save the cash and it seemed like less stop and go.

#10 3 years ago

At first I was thinking premium but after seeing the game in action it’s pro all the way.

The molded glove looks like crap, the subway does nothing but slow down the game, same with the vuk shot on the right... I thought Keith said he hated scoops ?

The ONLY thing that would make me consider the premium is the marvel ramp... but the pro gets an extra spinner which makes it a lot closer.

so I’d take the pro and save 1800 bucks

But, right now I’m out on all versions. The theme and presentation just kill this game for me.

#11 3 years ago

I am not seeing the extra value on this one for Premium/LE, so I am interested in a Pro. I will wait to play it and see how it feels to me, if I like it I will probably buy two Pros and use one for trade bait.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

But, right now I’m out on all versions. The theme and presentation just kill this game for me.

Same here. Maybe a Pro in 6 months a year from now, nothing is making this game a must have right away, especially theme. But the gameplay looks to be strong enough to make it a pin that needs to played, even for a short while.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

At first I was thinking premium but after seeing the game in action it’s pro all the way.
The molded glove looks like crap, the subway does nothing but slow down the game, same with the vuk shot on the right... I thought Keith said he hated scoops ?
The ONLY thing that would make me consider the premium is the marvel ramp... but the pro gets an extra spinner which makes it a lot closer.
so I’d take the pro and save 1800 bucks

I feel the same way, Their QC is sad for a company that charges 5k-9k for a pin.

#14 3 years ago

I went with an LE. But, I think they did a great job choosing what features to add and remove for the different models on this one. The premium/LE has some really cool additions that some people will want, and some people wont care about. It looks like gameplay on both models will be pretty much the same and that’s how it should be.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Same here. Maybe a Pro in 6 months a year from now, nothing is making this game a must have right away, especially theme. But the gameplay looks to be strong enough to make it a pin that needs to played, even for a short while.

Yeah, same here. I’m sort of waiting for a Godzilla( original one), Bond or BTTF. Theme-wise, any of those beat Avengers.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Yeah, same here. I’m sort of waiting for a Godzilla( original one), Bond or BTTF. Theme-wise, any of those beat Avengers.

Looks like your gona be disappointed !

#17 3 years ago

I am in on the premium. I am an Avengers/Marvel guy. I still own my stern Avengers 1995 pro, which i love. I was trying to get a LE but when I saw the yellow-- i did not like it. Yellow does not fit in my idea of what a pinball machine should look like. I am sure Kieth will succeed in making a great game. He always does!!!!!!

#18 3 years ago

I went Pro, but truthfully, I have a ceiling as far as how much I'm willing to spend on a pin. That said, as cool as the Marvel ramp and subway are, neither of them scream "must-have" for me, so i don't feel like I'm missing out on too much. Is to October yet?

#19 3 years ago

I watched the movie last night, glad I am in on this game! I wish there was a happy medium between Munsters and Avenger’s code. I get it - Keith is a master. No doubt about that! He might be too good though! I am simple - some of the crazy code makes me not like the game. Maybe include a map on how do complete the game when you open the box? Yup, I could watch a stream, but I’d rather read something simple to have a general understanding on what to shoot at.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

I watched the movie last night, glad I am in on this game! I wish there was a happy medium between Munsters and Avenger’s code. I get it - Keith is a master. No doubt about that! He might be too good though! I am simple - some of the crazy code makes me not like the game. Maybe include a map on how do complete the game when you open the box? Yup, I could watch a stream, but I’d rather read something simple to have a general understanding on what to shoot at.

The core game is play quests and collect avengers to get to Thanos.

Spell STRANGE by spinning the disk to play the quests. If you complete a quest you get a gem(perk), if you don’t Thanos gets it.

I don’t think you need to know more than that to start playing and progressing through the game. The nuances will be fun to learn as you go.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from MrPaint:

I am in on the premium. I am an Avengers/Marvel guy. I still own my stern Avengers 1995 pro, which i love. I was trying to get a LE but when I saw the yellow-- i did not like it. Yellow does not fit in my idea of what a pinball machine should look like. I am sure Kieth will succeed in making a great game. He always does!!!!!!

1995 Stern Avengers?

#22 3 years ago

The only thing Prem/LE would have that i would really miss is the captain marvel ramp.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

1995 Stern Avengers?

I own that pin as well, I also own a 1968 TWD limited edition.

#24 3 years ago

I went with the pro because who doesn't love an extra spinner. I really liked the look of the marvel ramp but the rest of the premium/le features do nothing for me.

#25 3 years ago

Usually I'm a pro guy (MET, TWD, TMNT) but on AIQ I'm in for Premium.

Why I take Premium over Pro:

Captain Marvel Ramp --> looks like the shot feels better / more satisfying as the the Spinner which goes to the Dead end and travel down the right orbit. Thor area looks also much better on the premium.

Rising Spinning Disc --> love the Idea and it looks pretty neat when it rises and you can "lock a ball" vs. the up post on the Pro - should also feel way better to "Lock a ball" in the Underground.

Under Playfield Ball lock --> who doesn't like physical ball locks?

Right scoop --> not really needed but I think it helps to bring this fast and challenging game to the right pace.

Although I think the artwork is much better on pro!

In the End I think all versions will be pure fun

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Although I think the artwork is much better on pro!

R u out of ur tree sir.
That would be one of the reasons I'd go Pre. Greatness

204-avengers-infinity-quest (resized).jpg204-avengers-infinity-quest (resized).jpg
#27 3 years ago

I think the pros will crush on location. I'm in for a premium for my collection.

#28 3 years ago

Love my Deadpool Pro, but going Premium on AIQ.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

R u out of ur tree sir.
That would be one of the reasons I'd go Pre. Greatness
[quoted image]

The Backglass in Premium ist awesome - U R right SIR

but i Like the cabinet Artwork much more in the pro .

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

but i Like the cabinet Artwork much more in the pro .

Me too. I understand the LE being special and limited but it would be nice to be able to order a Pro with a Pre translite, I would gladly pay extra for that option from the factory.

#31 3 years ago

I can't wait for someone on here to play this game! My biggest issue with the pro is the lack of the captain marvel ramp. Watching all the gameplay videos makes and seeing lots of rejects on that ramp makes me a little more comfortable with a pro.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames:

I can't wait for someone on here to play this game! My biggest issue with the pro is the lack of the captain marvel ramp.

Thats the appeal of the pro for me, I'm a lover of spinners and like the quick return. Still I need to play one before I decide anything.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames:

I can't wait for someone on here to play this game! My biggest issue with the pro is the lack of the captain marvel ramp. Watching all the gameplay videos makes and seeing lots of rejects on that ramp makes me a little more comfortable with a pro.

This for me. I need to shoot that ramp myself before deciding. I've seen that ramp spit out a lot of shots in streams so far.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames:

I can't wait for someone on here to play this game! My biggest issue with the pro is the lack of the captain marvel ramp.

Quoted from Hazoff:

Thats the appeal of the pro for me, I'm a lover of spinners and like the quick return. Still I need to play one before I decide anything.

I played a Pro this weekend and put a deposit down on a Premium (Will be second Premium batch run). The Captain Marvel ramp makes a clean drop to the lower right inlane instead of a right orbit return to the right flipper that skims past the sling. A typical orbit return bump avoids the sling well enough, although the cleaner ramp returns should help in Soul Gem mode since juggling to get a cradle is penalized. I suspect the low inlane drop means an easier and more reliable cradle via holding a single right flip since it looks like the drop is flipper tip height.

The Ant Man VUK goes the same ramp inlane route instead of a riskier rolling drop to the top of the inlane on the Pro. I never saw a return bounce to the outlane, although I didn't aim for the Ant Man much unless I was going for an add-a-ball mystery gimme or a gem mode needed it. It's entirely possible outlane rejects from ball collisions or unlucky spin/bounces happened during multiballs that I didn't catch. The Ant Man lane and Captain Marvel/Black Panther lanes returned fairly slow, so unless there is a long pause in the scoop, I don't know that there would be much difference on between the models from a flow/timing perspective.

The Captain Marvel spinner recharged the mystery/Ant Man lane, possibly some secondary benefit(s) that I didn't pay attention to. I haven't watched any streams of the Premium or read detailed rules so I could have a more pure "first play" experience. I'm guessing there is some sort of Pro spinner to Prem/LE ramp hit exchange rate. Sorry to say the Captain Marvel spinner felt pretty useless other than the fun of ripping a spinner. The left spinner collects Hulk, and the related gamma beam (beam? ray?) timer event might be more lucrative than the Captain Marvel spinner, points wise (50k points/spin).

Quoted from ilovegames:

Watching all the gameplay videos makes and seeing lots of rejects on that ramp makes me a little more comfortable with a pro.

Can't speak to Captain Marvel ramp rejects since I played a Pro. Good news is the center ramp rejects magically deflected at the bottom of the ramp to the right flipper and not SDTM like you'd expect. The right ramp was a tight squeeze past the Captain Marvel lane off the right flipper and not a shot I could make happen in the dozen or so games I played. To be fair, I didn't really work at it since it was just as easy to post-pass and hit it from the left, or off the non-launched Avengers tower return.

The biggest issue I had was getting the ball all the way up the center ramp and all the way around the left orbit corner into the pops from the right flipper. I'd hit both shots clean as far as I could tell, but the ball would run out of oomph three out of four times. Could be a coil stop, flipper power setting (Presuming it isn't maxed per Stern's usual), or EOS switch adjustment issue, although it wasn't my table so I couldn't explore/tinker. No issues making it up the center and right ramp shots from the left flipper. The right ramp is very loopable off the upper flipper for the Hawkeye bonus multiplier, too. In fact, all the upper flipper shots were fairly reliable, and nothing felt overly "tight" on the layout compared to some shots on Elwin's JP layout.

Just don't hit that Sanctum target behind the spinning disc from the right flipper, it's almost a guaranteed bounce down the middle in my limited experience. It will also take me a bit to get used to not being able to rotate the "IRON" lane lights with the flippers.

Also, order an orange plunger spring. The stock spring looked like it was green and a bit weak to make it up the back ramp from holding a full plunge. Usually stopped at the top of the orbit and dumped into the pops. Bright side is that it's an easy skill shot, I guess. Would rather get the plunge all the way up the ramp to hit the Avenger tower off the right flipper for the super skill shot (Earns a trophy, plus more ball save time and lights mystery). Shades of JP2...

#35 3 years ago

I am definitely leaning towards premium, but would switch to pro only if I absolutely hate the Captain Marvel ramp. The spinner/turn-around looks like a really fun shot, but not as fun as a ramp. So how that ramp feels will likely be my make or break between the two. I like the other upgrades, but not enough on their own for the cost difference. Luckily a friend is getting an LE, so I will be able to put some plays on his before deciding. I am fairly confident I will end up going premium on this one though.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I am definitely leaning towards premium, but would switch to pro only if I absolutely hate the Captain Marvel ramp. The spinner/turn-around looks like a really fun shot, but not as fun as a ramp. So how that ramp feels will likely be my make or break between the two. I like the other upgrades, but not enough on their own for the cost difference. Luckily a friend is getting an LE, so I will be able to put some plays on his before deciding. I am fairly confident I will end up going premium on this one though.

Got a 1st run Premium reserved, and I got a chance to put half a dozen games on a Pro yesterday. Awesome game, but really looking forward to getting my Premium. Losing the Portal makes the game more right ramp dependent, and the Marvel spinner, while fun like any spinner, doesn't come back at full speed on the turnaround, as it does bounce off of the right outer orbit lane guide.

I do love the cabinet artwork & translite on the Pro....and may consider changing the Premium artwork & translite once I get it!

#37 3 years ago

Thank you for the reviews Caviel and AUKraut! It is good to know the pro is still a good shooter. It is interesting to hear about the marvel spinner shot. I am sure it depends on set up as well but if it goes to the right flipper that is pretty good. I can't wait to play one!

#38 3 years ago

I'll let ya know.

123_1(3) (resized).jpeg123_1(3) (resized).jpeg
#39 3 years ago

Like Keith's work very much but I'm not impressed with the layout.

Holding out for JJP

P.S. Sterns work better out of box by far!

Pee on Marvel releases

1 week later
#40 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I'll let ya know.
[quoted image]

cjmjmm2006 What's your take on then Pro vs Premium? How does the Pro play vs the Premium/LE?

1 week later
#41 3 years ago

Any updates from someone that has played both?

I just played the Pro on location and it rocked. I don't need the ball lock even though it looks cool. Seems to have a few issues based on the main thread. I liked the captain marvel ramp, and ant man scoop. Trying to justify the premium price hike, but after playing the pro it is hard. Any feedback from Pro owners? Premium/LE owners?

Thanks!

#42 3 years ago

I have spent time on both and here is my take away.

Captain Marvel:
Ramp is sweet...when it works. I felt it rejected too often, especially backhanded shots.
Spinner on the Pro is much easier and if set up properly returns the ball to the right flipper every time.

Rising Portal Lock:
Very cool, reminded me of CV. What I didn't like was the stepper lock assembly, painfully slow and really killed the flow. Hopefully they can improve on that with code in the future.

Right scoop:
Wish it was on all editions, gives you a moment to pause, see what the mystery is before proceeding. On the Pro you need to cradle the ball (if you can in time) to see what mode you may have started.

Thor:
Premium/LE has longer captive ball lane and easier to spot T-H-O-R status on PF.
Pro had to shorten the lane for the loop return from Capt Marvel and sub the PF inserts for an upright plastic that I feel is harder to track during gameplay.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Captain Marvel:
Ramp is sweet...when it works. I felt it rejected too often, especially backhanded shots.

It’s not designed to be a backhanded easy shot. It’s like the Legolas shot on LoTR. Sure I’ve backhanded it once or twice on a good bounce slap but doing it from a dead stopped cradle is just bad play.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

I have spent time on both and here is my take away.
Captain Marvel:
Spinner on the Pro is much easier and if set up properly returns the ball to the right flipper every time.
Rising Portal Lock:
Very cool, reminded me of CV. What I didn't like was the stepper lock assembly, painfully slow and really killed the flow. Hopefully they can improve on that with code in the future.
Right scoop:
Wish it was on all editions, gives you a moment to pause, see what the mystery is before proceeding. On the Pro you need to cradle the ball (if you can in time) to see what mode you may have started.
Thor:
Premium/LE has longer captive ball lane and easier to spot T-H-O-R status on PF.
Pro had to shorten the lane for the loop return from Capt Marvel and sub the PF inserts for an upright plastic that I feel is harder to track during gameplay.

You can adjust the speed that the walker mech holds a ball at each position in code .91
Factory default is 1 second. I found .5 seconds to be the sweet spot. .25 was too fast for the ball yo move between stops. I’m at 6.7 degrees. The optimal speed might depend on your pitch.

#45 3 years ago

In terms of retaining value are pros and premiums relatively the same for a Stern NIB? I'm leaning towards a pro because I played it and it was buttery smooth and FAST.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

In terms of retaining value are pros and premiums relatively the same for a Stern NIB? I'm leaning towards a pro because I played it and it was buttery smooth and FAST.

Roughly about the same if both versions are good, which appears to be the case here. There are situations where the Pro is determined to be superior/complete and then Premium/LE prices can dip a lot lower. I don't think that will be the case here though even though I prefer the Pro package.

#47 3 years ago

That subway seems to be giving people issues and just seems overly engineered.

#48 3 years ago

I haven't played it yet both look great.

#49 3 years ago

Pro is the way to go if you like fast flow. Prem/LE for stop and go. That’s the truth, you know!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

6,644 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
7,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-infinity-quest-pro-vs-premium-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.