You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Avengers2.JPG
Avengers1.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Hello all,

Just posting for a friend who just placed an Avengers Pro on location in Sherman Oaks, Ca!

Located at QT Chicago Dogs, 4344 Woodman Ave, 91423

Go play some pinball! Fun game!

Jim

#2 11 years ago

Will do, thanks for the tip!

#3 11 years ago

Now, go back to looking for pins to buy. You're not even up to 150 yet!

#4 11 years ago

Unfortunately, no more room!

Also bump for a new pin on location!

#5 11 years ago

$.50!

#6 11 years ago

Right in my hood! I will go play it!

#7 11 years ago

Good to know. Any in San Diego?

#8 11 years ago

Well, that was....fun.

Tesseract is broken already. The plastic part that should be flush with the playfield is wobbly & the ball gets stuck on it. Just a matter of time before it breaks off (as demonstrated in another recent thread)

Even worse...the way the ball search is coded is AWFUL.... I don't recall other games behaving this way when doing a ball search, but please correct me if I'm wrong. This is what happened:

-Ball stuck on the Tesseract disc. Instead of launching another ball into play, it does the drain sequence FIRST, then goes to Ball 2, then gives me a new ball.

-I use the new ball to free the stuck ball, and instead of just letting me play, the flippers go dead and it sends me into Ball 3!!!!

-So...not only is the game broken, it punishes me by stealing two of my turns!!!! F*CK THAT!!!!

Avengers1.JPGAvengers1.JPG Avengers2.JPGAvengers2.JPG

#9 11 years ago

Oof, sorry. My buddy Adam and I were playing it this afternoon and the Tesseract just sorta took a dive at one point, tipping so bad that the balls got stuck like your pic. I haven't seen the inside of that assembly so I don't if something just wiggled loose or something broke, but all of a sudden there was that 1/4" dip, sucks. I already called Sal and left him a message about that, the plunger assy needing an adjustment, and the vertical plastic up above the plunge ramp coming loose.

Couldn't agree with ya more about the coding on the ball search, I mean what in the hell!

I suppose I could get into how stupid it is that you have to lean forward two feet and peer over the slingshot plastics to see if your inlane LOKI letters are lit, or harp about the invisibility of the top right rollover light if you're less than 8' tall, but I'm sure it's been dragged through the mud already. Still willing to chalk the PF flaws up to it being new and needing some tweaks, but it is indeed getting harder to justify the lack of QC prior to shipment. If I'd paid $5+k to route that, I'd be bummed, but I gotta hand it to Sal for at least TRYING to have some decent games on route!

I did manage 135 mil, was sorta surprised by that, because I stink. Just wanted to knock ol' JPB down a peg, haha!

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, that was....fun.
Tesseract is broken already. The plastic part that should be flush with the playfield is wobbly & the ball gets stuck on it. Just a matter of time before it breaks off (as demonstrated in another recent thread)
Even worse...the way the ball search is coded is AWFUL.... I don't recall other games behaving this way when doing a ball search, but please correct me if I'm wrong. This is what happened:
-Ball stuck on the Tesseract disc. Instead of launching another ball into play, it does the drain sequence FIRST, then goes to Ball 2, then gives me a new ball.
-I use the new ball to free the stuck ball, and instead of just letting me play, the flippers go dead and it sends me into Ball 3!!!!
-So...not only is the game broken, it punishes me by stealing two of my turns!!!! F*CK THAT!!!!

Makes you want to run right out and buy one doesn't it.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Makes you want to run right out and buy one doesn't it.

I wasn't going to buy Avengers anyway - but it's nice to have new games on route that I don't own ...I can just go play them for a few bucks.

#12 11 years ago

Pinball Molly - Great report. Thanks

#13 11 years ago

The problem your pictures show of the Tesseract is because the bolts holding the bracket down came loose. All that is needed is two lock washers and it should hold tight from then on. I don't understand why Stern left off the lock washers. I have a feeling it was merely an oversight because lock washers don't cost hardly anything.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Even worse...the way the ball search is coded is AWFUL....

Did you check to see what version it's running? I bet it's on 1.3. 1.4 includes a change to the ball search. The two I've played on 1.3 have been mostly okay with ball searches. Naturally, Hulk causes a lot of searches. I don't mind balls getting stuck under Hulk... during multiball. d

Quoted from PinballMolly:

I suppose I could get into how stupid it is that you have to lean forward two feet and peer over the slingshot plastics to see if your inlane LOKI letters are lit...

Most guys up here are looking under, but yeah, it does suck. The Loki letters are too important to be blocking both inlanes.

...or harp about the invisibility of the top right rollover light if you're less than 8' tall, but I'm sure it's been dragged through the mud already.

That, I can totally live with. Love the 6 lights for 3 rollovers. Mostly worthless in version 1.3 though. Hope they did something about that in 1.4.

Still willing to chalk the PF flaws up to it being new and needing some tweaks, but it is indeed getting harder to justify the lack of QC prior to shipment.

Other than the spinner, the stuff above are more design issues than final QA. Kinda like the design issues TF has. Can't blame the QA guys for those. The spinner is a new toy (parts). Hopefully those won't start breaking in large numbers.

I think it will be a good tournament game (with software changes), but it will be tiring both mentally and physically for the player. Like IM on steroids. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see it in A division at PAPA this year.

I did manage 135 mil...

Nice. Especially considering the wonky spinner.

#15 11 years ago

It's running 1.4.

Hopefully they'll work on the ball search.
Have to agree about the LOKI letters....quite annoying!

#16 11 years ago

BTW, Nice game Molly! =)

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Did you check to see what version it's running? I bet it's on 1.3. 1.4 includes a change to the ball search. The two I've played on 1.3 have been mostly okay with ball searches. Naturally, Hulk causes a lot of searches. I don't mind balls getting stuck under Hulk... during multiball. d

Do you put one of these on location in the bay area anywhere? I can see me and a couple of friends taking a little drive in the future to drop in a few quarters.

#18 11 years ago

Neither are mine, but the boardwalk in SC has one and the Radio bar in Oakland has one. Both pros. Better hurry if you want to play the one at the boardwalk. They tend to go downhill fast there. It is turned up loud, which is cool.

#19 11 years ago

Instead of visiting this broken pin, I played an Avatar on location. Pleasant surprise. It was set to five ball, had a low replay value, and a loose tilt. So a mere 75 cents down the slot yielded about 8 games from replays and specials! Good day!

2 weeks later
#20 11 years ago

Was this Avengers repaired?

#21 11 years ago

I heard it was shut off a couple times last week, but I also heard one of my League players saying it was working on Thursday, just janky.

#22 11 years ago

I heard it was shut off a couple times last week, but I also heard one of my League players saying it was working on Thursday, just janky.

Until that Tesseract disc is repaired, I'm not putting any money in it.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Instead of visiting this broken pin, I played an Avatar on location. Pleasant surprise. It was set to five ball, had a low replay value, and a loose tilt. So a mere 75 cents down the slot yielded about 8 games from replays and specials! Good day!

How did you like Avatar?

What location was this at?

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How did you like Avatar?

I was rooting for Blackwolf.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How did you like Avatar?

What location was this at?

I liked it. Seemed to work fine. It was here:

Rocky's New York Style Pizza
1919 E 4th St. Ontario CA

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Rocky's New York Style Pizza
1919 E 4th St. Ontario CA

Nice, only a hop, skip and a jump awayyyy...........

2 weeks later
#27 11 years ago

All working now?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
5,050 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-in-so-cal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.