(Topic ID: 72046)

Avengers Hulk - my mods, Hulk plate fix?

By brannonrad

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by tbanthony
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1539.jpg
IMG_1526.jpg
IMG_1524.JPG
IMG_1523.JPG
IMG_1522.JPG
IMG_1520.JPG
IMG_1519.jpg
IMG_1517.jpg
Hawkeye.jpg
Iron Man.jpg
Black Widow.jpg
Captain America.jpg
Avengers figures right side.jpg
Hulk lights relocated.jpg
All figures.jpg
Hulk Sensor Plate Extension Decaled.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brannonrad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I bought Hooked's Avengers Hulk LE a couple of months ago. Even though I had done my research before the purchase, I was surprised by how many tweaks I had to do to get things dialed in.

The Hulk sensor plate is very difficult to get right. And even when it is right, there are still ample opportunities for the ball to become stuck. I've seen other posts about potential ways to fix this, and I finally decided to try.

I had some blue spring steel (available from Marco here: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/66-FSS006) and I wanted to see if I could extend the Hulk sensor plate around and behind him. I've attached a photo of the extension I made, both before and after I applied decals (just a home-made decal job, not that good either!!) I used thin double-sided tape to attach my extension to the factory sensor plate.

Hulk Sensor Plate Extension.jpgHulk Sensor Plate Extension.jpg
Hulk Sensor Plate Extension Decaled.jpgHulk Sensor Plate Extension Decaled.jpg

I've noticed my Hulk is MUCH more active now! I only seem to get balls stuck behind his right arm when the ball is above the "SPECIAL" insert now (a place I cannot cover with this extension), and that is much more rare than the other places. I don't see any issues with ball travel related to this extension, as the spring steel is pretty thin and moves easily.

I have also added the Target figure set. Note, the machine I bought came with the awesome Loki and Thor light-up figures by Hooked, but I wanted to add the rest of the crew. I wanted the figures to be located strategically (where their shots are) and also not block anything. I am happy to report that I believe I have achieved this goal! I made clear plastic bases for each of the figures and used zip ties to hold them down.

All figures.jpgAll figures.jpg

I also relocated the spotlights on Hulk, from the original place above the pop bumpers over to the left side of the machine. I like them much better here, as they don't block anything and are much more inconspicuous now.

Hulk lights relocated.jpgHulk lights relocated.jpg

I really love this game. It is extremely challenging with all of the tight shots. The Black Widow shot is especially difficult to hit with regularity. The best part of the game for me is the Hulk - HE IS HILARIOUS! It is so nice to have a machine with a sense of humor.

Great job Stern, Gomez and the software crew - EVEN THOUGH there is too much tweaking required, I forgive you because you delivered an amazing game! What can I say, it is just FUN to play!

-Brannon

More photos of the added figures:

Avengers figures right side.jpgAvengers figures right side.jpg
Captain America.jpgCaptain America.jpg
Black Widow.jpgBlack Widow.jpg
Iron Man.jpgIron Man.jpg
Hawkeye.jpgHawkeye.jpg

#5 10 years ago

Attaching underneath the factory plate may not allow the plate the full range of motion to activate the switch.

Good idea on the clear plastic, I am not sure it would be stiff enough, though a short piece may work.

I could do a much better job on that artwork, that is for sure!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brannonrad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-hulk-my-mods-hulk-plate-fix?tu=brannonrad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.