Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

floorplate_003.jpg
avengers_hulk_trigger.gif
#1 10 years ago

It is a common problem for hulk to get the ball stuck under his left arm and there doesn't seem to be much coming from Stern on fixing it. Has anyone successfully eliminated this problem?

#2 10 years ago

Sounds like your wire is broken if he isn't lifting his arms on the ball search..

#4 10 years ago

Thanks for the link. hadn't noticed his arms weren't lifting. I am considering a mod of some sort to keep the ball from getting back there but that may prove to be a challenge

#5 10 years ago

I wasn't happy with waiting for the pin to conduct a ball search. During multiball, you basically lose one ball in play.
I resorted to tweaking Hulks arm up from the playfield, allowing balls to pass underneath it freely.
This does make the game easier, as you can hit the target that Hulk protects much more easily.
I considered the fact that balls get trapped far more often than I was lighting the Hulk Superjackpot.
Only solution that I heard of that's better, is wiring the Hulks arm to the tournament button.
Ball gets stuck, button gets hit, ball is free.
Unfortunately, I'm not technical enough to get something like that done. Not even close.

If you want to lift Hulks arm, pull it off, unscrew the 4 screws on the plate, rotate the plate slightly, and then carve the centre hole so that it will fit back on to Hulk.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from StrykersArcade:

Thanks for the link. hadn't noticed his arms weren't lifting. I am considering a mod of some sort to keep the ball from getting back there but that may prove to be a challenge

I just added the step by step instructions to that link for replacing the broken wire.
More info on the ball trap problem here.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-tweaks-have-you-done-to-hulk-le

Addicting game once you get the kinks out, you may want to add a Hulk button so you don't have to wait for ball search.
Two ways to do it on the above link.

#7 10 years ago

I did notice a few threads said he was hard to remove but the whole assembly was out in ten minutes. The wire is broken and I see how it is a poor design

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I just added the step by step instructions to that link for replacing the broken wire.
More info on the ball trap problem here.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-tweaks-have-you-done-to-hulk-le

Addicting game once you get the kinks out, you may want to add a Hulk button so you don't have to wait for ball search.
Two ways to do it on the above link.

Thanks Trace Lifter , you are the go to guy about anything Avengers.

#9 10 years ago

I hardly ever get a ball stuck under his arms. When I first got the game the ball would get stuck so I tightened the screws in Hulk's shoulders and that took out the looseness that was allowing the ball to get wedged. If the arm is loose that allows the arm to lift slightly up when the ball hits it and that causes the arm to trap the ball sometimes. Since I tightened the arms the ball almost always just bounces off the arm.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from StrykersArcade:

I did notice a few threads said he was hard to remove but the whole assembly was out in ten minutes. The wire is broken and I see how it is a poor design

I was nervous about doing the repair myself also but it was about as easy as a flipper rebuild. If I can do it, most can I would think..

#11 10 years ago

In the 8+ months I've had the game I only tried to adjust the screws/bolts on the Hulk switch/plate/magnet a couple times. It seemed a little random, tightening or loosening the bolts to get the right behavior...which arguably is hulk not trapping balls. My Hulk was still occasionally trapping balls, so about a month ago I messed with the plate again. Perfecto! I found the sweet spot, and now not only do I get alot more movement out of hulk,but more magnet action too. I've had about 2 trapped balls since, which is a dramatic reduction.

By dialing in the Hulk switchplate, and with the Hooked inlane plastics mod, removing Loki for the sightlines, and my earlier modifications and tweaks, my game is finally playing the way it should have come from the factory. Fresh balls and wax and it plays better than new.

And now an already great game is just a hot steaming pile of freaking awesomeness. IMO anyone quitting early on this game is missing out on one of the top 10 games of all time.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

IMO anyone quitting early on this game is missing out on one of the top 10 games of all time.

+1

#13 10 years ago

+2

Once you get it playing properly it sucks you in and it has that one more game factor that keeps you pushing the start button.

Quoted from RobKnapp:

Thanks Trace Lifter , you are the go to guy about anything Avengers.

You are welcome, awesome game and worth the time and effort to get it to play properly.
I almost sold mine but the buyer found one locally and was frustrated with it but through emails and the tweak thread we got his working like mine and he now loves it.

#14 10 years ago

I feel sorry for those among us who gave up on their HulkLE worried about values. It's a pinball game made to play. It has it's faults but worth the effort to tweak. Thanks, Tracelifter for the help and the introduction of the game by bringing it 400+ miles north to Pin-a-Go-Go.
Great theme, fun game!
+3

#15 10 years ago

+4! Lol...and GO NINERS!!!

#16 10 years ago

+5 Love it.

#17 10 years ago

+6. Just had an incredible game on it. Sounds, lights, excitement, a top pin.

#18 10 years ago

+7 - the game pisses me off... in the right way.

#19 10 years ago

+8 - still loving mine - gets me real cranky - but as The Loaf stated ....."in the right way"

#20 10 years ago

It's too bad a Premium never happened, I'd like to see them fix those issues that get dealt with on later runs, it would be great to see how the game would be received if people didn't need to tweak it first. That has clouded the title.

#21 10 years ago

FamilyArcade:

Can you detail how you adjusted the plate for better action. It doesn't look like there is much to adjust.

#22 10 years ago

This works pretty good. I've played this machine and when it gets stuck you just reach down and tap the tournament button and he raises his arms. Got it from this thread:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-tweaks-have-you-done-to-hulk-le/page/2#post-920209

avengers_hulk_trigger.gifavengers_hulk_trigger.gif

#23 10 years ago

FamilyArcade:
Can you detail how you adjusted the plate for better action. It doesn't look like there is much to adjust.

First you have to adjust the mag pole under it flush with the PF so the ball doesn't punch a hole through it, this also gives the plate more range of motion then remove the switch and bend the arm up till the slightest amount of pressure on the plate triggers it.

floorplate_003.jpgfloorplate_003.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-hulk-fix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.