• Latest reply 11 years ago by Zdoor
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpg
IMG_0117.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I had them all collected but couldn't figure out how to start the Hellicarrier mode...

I'm guessing some light sequence or flasher would start up to guide you to a shot that starts the mode...probably the Hulk Saucer or the Hawkeye (to ball lock) shot...those seem to the the most logical "mode start" shots. Although it's possible those modes haven't been programmed yet.

Quoted from coasterguy:

I'm sorry but when your playing the voices are the LAST thing on the planet I am thinking about. Does that REALLY matter? Hulk is actually fine and funny.

It matters. It's a "polish" thing and real voices or real-ish voices are more true the license. You're right though, when you're playing - it's low priority...it doesn't diminish from the fun. However, it's still baffling why the custom voices aren't even sound-alikes. It IS possible to find people who somewhat sound like Downey Jr. or Sam Jackson. Say what you will about the sound-alikes for Shrek, Donkey, or Jack Sparrow...whether they're 100% or not, they are absolutely TRYING to sound like those characters. The guy doing Ironman's voice isn't remotely trying to sound like the Tony Stark we know from the movies. Anyway, the game is super fun, but the voice thing truly keeps it from being an "impulse purchase" for me.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Greg, I think someone said these the official cartoon voices....you can appreciate cartoon can't you?

There are lots of Avengers cartoons, but here's a recent one: Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

The guy doing Ironman's voice is CLEARLY inspired by Downey Jr....and that is NOT the same actor doing the voice in the pin.

In any case, this isn't a cartoon license, it's a movie license. The pin's "storyline" is from the movie, and many of the lines spoken by the characters are from the movie. So - sound-alikes would be the way to go, and it shouldn't cost more than a non-sound-alike.

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

Thor voice sounds good . Do you think they will add jackpot callouts to loki like hulk does?

"Evil Jackpot!" "Smarmy Jackpot!" "Douchebag Jackpot!"

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I like the led flashers so far.

I've come around on LED flashers...they look pretty awesome in blue, white, green and purple ...however, I think yellow and red look the same w/ LED or incandescent flashers. That's my tip of the day to save you a couple of bucks!

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I typically change them in all of my pins. Not always though. TAF for instance looks better imo original.

Hmmm...I haven't changed my playfield flashers on TAF yet...however, I've got the PBL style flashers in the 3 topper sockets...WHOAAAA does it look rad. I might change the playfield white dome flashers to LEDs to get that cool white look...but prob leave the others alone.

#118 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

To each their own. But, I own Xmen and think the voices are considerably better...

The voices are mixed better which makes them less offensive. The problem with X-Men is that the music and sound FX lower when voices are played - and on top of that, Storm and Beast aren't mixed correctly which just makes it sound like some assholes yelling into a microphone in your gameroom. X-Men has over 20 character voices, 2 are offensively bad...the problem could be made WAY better by just mixing it right and not lowering the music/FX levels when they talk.

Avengers has only a handful of voices, 2 are really good (Hulk and the alien voices), the rest are OK to poor, but non-annoying. That's X-Men's main prob w/ Beast and Storm...ANNOYING.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-gameplay-hd?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.