(Topic ID: 297241)

Avengers for Dummies! Complete Tutorial Stream and Flashcards!

By AllenLeper

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Sleal16
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Who's your favorite Avenger?!”

• Iron Man 6 votes
    26%
  • Thor 2 votes
    9%
  • Black Panther 1 vote
    4%
  • Black Widow 3 votes
    13%
  • Hulk 4 votes
    17%
  • Captain America 2 votes
    9%
  • Thanos, duh 5 votes
    22%

(23 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210909_155531_HDR-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3722 (resized).jpg
IMG_3721 (resized).jpg
IMG_1663 (resized).jpeg
9481F2DA-450F-4C3F-9B13-DE54AED2375E (resized).jpeg
IMG_6160 (resized).jpg
IMG_6159 (resized).jpg
IMG_6157 (resized).jpg
IMG_6158 (resized).jpg
IMG_6156 (resized).jpg
20210628_202029 (resized).jpg
AIQ Optimal Mind Strat (resized).jpg
AIQ Status Update (resized).jpg
AIQ Passive Gems on Heroes (resized).jpg
AIQ Gems on Marvel (resized).jpg
AIQ Gems on Computer (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daddymand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 2 years ago

AllenLeper thank you! We just got an IAQ Pro and LOVE it! But are in need of direction. Your flash cards are phenomenal! OMG! Can't wait to watch the video (maybe a few sessions while on treadmill). Thank you so much!

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from AllenLeper:

Hey Zatname!
Thanks for the nice words, I appreciate it.
Im happy to give you my honest opinion on AIQ. If you end up watching the stream, which I strongly recommend before selling your machine as it may very well change your mind, youll notice at the end that I talk about how I feel about AIQ overall.
I am a VERY harsh critic of pinball machines. Admittedly so. Most games feel lacking to me in numerous ways. Either the shots feel unfulfilling, or the rule set is boring or underproduced, there isnt enough content to make the game fun for more than a few weeks, or a number of other things. In my opinion, AIQ is the exact opposite. I believe its the best overall pinball machine of the modern era. The shots are amazing, feel great, and are HITTABLE for the average player. The code is absolutely INSANE and, although very intricate and "complicated", is deep enough to offer an amount of future replayability that few other machines can offer. I personally feel like the pinball machines that are most worth owning are the ones that have multiple options for types of gameplay. What I mean by that is: you can play AIQ for completion, getting to and beating Thanos. Or you can build ENTIRE games around one small specific goal and turn the machine into a completely different game. For example, if I want to get the biggest Gamma Ray Hurry-Up score, Im going to spend the whole game getting the Power Gem to power up Hulk, then the Reality Gem to multiply the Hulk shot, and focus on playing Gamma Ray as many times as possibly, avoiding most other aspects of the game. And thats just one of the small parts of the game.
In conclusion, I think AIQ is an incredible investment, and I think at some point in the future, near or far, people will start to pick it up and see how awesome it is. So like I said earlier, check out the tutorial when you get some time and try to mimic what Ive done and see if that helps you understand and makes the game more fun. I have a feeling that it will.
And if you have any questions, feel free to get in touch.

I am a HUGE marvel fan and Thanos is my favorite character of all time. When the stream for this pin broke I was initially disappointed by callouts, animations, music etc. I went with TMNT instead because this didn't "look" as fun to me (and my kids). We finally got to play an AIQ Pro last week and loved it so much that I was so lucky to nab a local Pro from a great seller. I am blown away by this pin and how different it is to other pins. Honestly sooooo different and unique. TMNT is fun and we loved it for a year. But I can't see AIQ getting old. The code is phenomenal, the complexity of strategies you can employ, the fact that the modes will force you to learn flipper techniques and make you a better pinball player. We barely notice the screen, animations, callouts and they feel so irrelevant vs what's going on in the PF. Perhaps its a honeymooning period...but I don't think so...this feels different!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

10,250 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ghent, WV
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daddymand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-for-dummies-complete-tutorial-stream-and-flashcards?tu=daddymand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.