(Topic ID: 297241)

Avengers for Dummies! Complete Tutorial Stream and Flashcards!

By AllenLeper

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Sleal16
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Who's your favorite Avenger?!”

• Iron Man 6 votes
    26%
  • Thor 2 votes
    9%
  • Black Panther 1 vote
    4%
  • Black Widow 3 votes
    13%
  • Hulk 4 votes
    17%
  • Captain America 2 votes
    9%
  • Thanos, duh 5 votes
    22%

(23 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210909_155531_HDR-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3722 (resized).jpg
IMG_3721 (resized).jpg
IMG_1663 (resized).jpeg
9481F2DA-450F-4C3F-9B13-DE54AED2375E (resized).jpeg
IMG_6160 (resized).jpg
IMG_6159 (resized).jpg
IMG_6157 (resized).jpg
IMG_6158 (resized).jpg
IMG_6156 (resized).jpg
20210628_202029 (resized).jpg
AIQ Optimal Mind Strat (resized).jpg
AIQ Status Update (resized).jpg
AIQ Passive Gems on Heroes (resized).jpg
AIQ Gems on Marvel (resized).jpg
AIQ Gems on Computer (resized).jpg
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

Hey Everyone!

Do you like AIQ, but you find yourself super confused by a lot of the systems?
Do you want to love it, but you're having a hard time because trying to learn where to place the gems and how to use them feels like too much to understand?
Well, good news! I've done all the work for you!

We streamed the full tutorial over on Owlnonymous' Twitch channel. The video is below. Also attached are ALL of the comprehensive flash cards that Ive made to help breakdown the entire game start to finish.

The video is three and a half hours long, and packed FULL of helpful information from front to back. The games get "better" as the stream goes on, and on the last game, I actually make it all the way to Thanos, and fully explain all of my strategies along the way.

If you have any questions about the stream or the flashcards, or want to talk with me about it, feel free to comment here or email me at: [email protected]

Cheers,
Allen Leper

#avengers-infinity-quest-premium
Avengers: Infinity Quest (Limited Edition)
Avengers: Infinity Quest (pro)

AIQ 1st round (resized).jpgAIQ 1st round (resized).jpgAIQ 2nd round (resized).jpgAIQ 2nd round (resized).jpgAIQ 3rd round (resized).jpgAIQ 3rd round (resized).jpgAIQ Active Gems on Heroes (resized).jpgAIQ Active Gems on Heroes (resized).jpgAIQ Alternate Battle Order (resized).jpgAIQ Alternate Battle Order (resized).jpgAIQ Battle Order (resized).jpgAIQ Battle Order (resized).jpgAIQ Easiest Trophies (resized).jpgAIQ Easiest Trophies (resized).jpgAIQ Extra Balls (resized).jpgAIQ Extra Balls (resized).jpgAIQ Gems on Computer (resized).jpgAIQ Gems on Computer (resized).jpgAIQ Gems on Marvel (resized).jpgAIQ Gems on Marvel (resized).jpgAIQ Optimal Mind Strat (resized).jpgAIQ Optimal Mind Strat (resized).jpgAIQ Passive Gems on Heroes (resized).jpgAIQ Passive Gems on Heroes (resized).jpgAIQ Status Update (resized).jpgAIQ Status Update (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

Wow. I don’t own the game or have much time on it but I can recognize when someone puts an insane amount of time and work into something and holy shit! Well done sir. Cheers.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Wow. I don’t own the game or have much time on it but I can recognize when someone puts an insane amount of time and work into something and holy shit! Well done sir. Cheers.

Thanks Chisox! I really appreciate that. If you think the cards were a lot of work, you should check out the video lol.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from AllenLeper:

Thanks Chisox! I really appreciate that. If you think the cards were a lot of work, you should check out the video lol.

I will down the road I’m sure, as I’m pretty sure I’ll eventually get this game. If I watch it now I’ll be lost quickly, just like when my buddy tries to give me a quick tutorial when I play his haha. Lots going on in this game is quite the understatement. I think now that Stern has all these world class players there that deep code is going to be the norm and totally next level.

#5 2 years ago

Hi Allen, wow that would have taken some time, great work.
I have had my IQ for over a month now and I was considering selling it as it hasn’t grabbed me like my other games.
Just wanted your over all opinion on it as you obviously know all the rules etc.
I appreciate everything about it this game, art, layout, ramps etc but I'm an average player so the difficulty puts me off it.

Thanks in advance and hi from New Zealand!

#6 2 years ago

Think Allen has nailed it for us to help get the most out of a comprehensive game. Wish all games were coded to the level of AIQ. That level helps justifies somewhat, the huge cost of these games. Home owners want something that keeps us hitting the start button, with code depth for years of enjoyment.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from zatname:

Hi Allen, wow that would have taken some time, great work.
I have had my IQ for over a month now and I was considering selling it as it hasn’t grabbed me like my other games.
Just wanted your over all opinion on it as you obviously know all the rules etc.
I appreciate everything about it this game, art, layout, ramps etc but I'm an average player so the difficulty puts me off it.
Thanks in advance and hi from New Zealand!

Hey Zatname!
Thanks for the nice words, I appreciate it.
Im happy to give you my honest opinion on AIQ. If you end up watching the stream, which I strongly recommend before selling your machine as it may very well change your mind, youll notice at the end that I talk about how I feel about AIQ overall.
I am a VERY harsh critic of pinball machines. Admittedly so. Most games feel lacking to me in numerous ways. Either the shots feel unfulfilling, or the rule set is boring or underproduced, there isnt enough content to make the game fun for more than a few weeks, or a number of other things. In my opinion, AIQ is the exact opposite. I believe its the best overall pinball machine of the modern era. The shots are amazing, feel great, and are HITTABLE for the average player. The code is absolutely INSANE and, although very intricate and "complicated", is deep enough to offer an amount of future replayability that few other machines can offer. I personally feel like the pinball machines that are most worth owning are the ones that have multiple options for types of gameplay. What I mean by that is: you can play AIQ for completion, getting to and beating Thanos. Or you can build ENTIRE games around one small specific goal and turn the machine into a completely different game. For example, if I want to get the biggest Gamma Ray Hurry-Up score, Im going to spend the whole game getting the Power Gem to power up Hulk, then the Reality Gem to multiply the Hulk shot, and focus on playing Gamma Ray as many times as possibly, avoiding most other aspects of the game. And thats just one of the small parts of the game.
In conclusion, I think AIQ is an incredible investment, and I think at some point in the future, near or far, people will start to pick it up and see how awesome it is. So like I said earlier, check out the tutorial when you get some time and try to mimic what Ive done and see if that helps you understand and makes the game more fun. I have a feeling that it will.
And if you have any questions, feel free to get in touch.

#8 2 years ago

What would you say Allen is the fastest way to get to final battle with Thanos? Meaning, what’s the fastest way to initiate Avengers Assemble 3 times, if it was a written out strategy? Like the strategy chart I made for the quickest way to get the gems? Something we could hand a guest coming over trying to get to fight Thanos in a quick easier to accomplish strategy?

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Think Allen has nailed it for us to help get the most out of a comprehensive game. Wish all games were coded to the level of AIQ. That level helps justifies somewhat, the huge cost of these games. Home owners want something that keeps us hitting the start button, with code depth for years of enjoyment.

Thanks Thunderbird! And I totally agree, we deserve depth in games that we spend almost 10K on. Elwins games are there, and I hope Stern will try to bring up some of their other future titles closer to that benchmark.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

What would you say Allen is the fastest way to get to final battle with Thanos? Meaning, what’s the fastest way to initiate Avengers Assemble 3 times, if it was a written out strategy? Like the strategy chart I made for the quickest way to get the gems? Something we could hand a guest coming over trying to get to fight Thanos in a quick easier to accomplish strategy?

Honestly, the two strategies I focus on in the video are exactly that. And it works. The last game got us there (and I only played 4 all night). The three cards that I made, Mind Gem Mega Strat, Gem Battle Order, and Alternative Gem Battle Order illustrate those two strategies as succinctly as I could with words. The video supplements those cards.

#11 2 years ago

Great, I’ll watch with those 3 cards in mind. AIQ is the bench mark for game coding depth imo. Take games to that level and people will keep them, unless they don’t understand strategies which what’s your tutorial is doing for us. Again good job!

(Think TMNT done by Dwight is another one of those well coded with depth modern games. So much there to keep us hitting start, along with mini games on the same machine to boot!)

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Great, I’ll watch with those 3 cards in mind. AIQ is the bench mark for game coding imo. Take games to that level and people will keep them, unless they don’t understand strategies which what’s your tutorial is doing for us. Again good job!

Youre welcome, let me know how the strats work for you!

#13 2 years ago

Hi Allen,

Looks like you've put a lot of work in to making this, thanks for that.

I've got a Pro (so there are some slight differences regarding the CM ramp). e.g. the mind gem placed on it awards just a single spin

My strategy differs from all your suggestions, the most significant being I make sure I have the mind gem on CA before going in to battle Royale to guarantee getting the SJpt once it's lit with the action button, also placement of gems prior to Soul Gem, which I generally get to with only 1 gem collected - but that's the beauty of this game so many options (720 different combinations of gem placements for example!)

I haven't been able to watch all of the vid, and have only jumped in quickly - but the first thing i noticed at 18 mins while you have the ball trapped and are explaining the Mind Gem mode, the score continues to go up, and despite the length of time the ball is trapped the screen doesn't scroll through info - were you aware that you had a switch constantly registering? Will definitely look in more depth when I get home from work

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Hi Allen,
Looks like you've put a lot of work in to making this, thanks for that.
I've got a Pro (so there are some slight differences regarding the CM ramp). e.g. the mind gem placed on it awards just a single spin
My strategy differs from all your suggestions, the most significant being I make sure I have the mind gem on CA before going in to battle Royale to guarantee getting the SJpt once it's lit with the action button, also placement of gems prior to Soul Gem, which I generally get to with only 1 gem collected - but that's the beauty of this game so many options (720 different combinations of gem placements for example!)
I haven't been able to watch all of the vid, and have only jumped in quickly - but the first thing i noticed at 18 mins while you have the ball trapped and are explaining the Mind Gem mode, the score continues to go up, and despite the length of time the ball is trapped the screen doesn't scroll through info - were you aware that you had a switch constantly registering? Will definitely look in more depth when I get home from work

Hey WJxxxx,
Thanks for the information, this is really good to know. A few points:

Mind Gem on CA for BOM SJP is VERY smart. I never thought that would work, since it makes that shot so "easy", I figured they wouldnt let you do it, but thats dumb of me. So thats great to know.

Mind Gem on CM really only gives you 1 spin per button? Thats insane and I feel like hopefully not the intended effect? I would try to contact Keith or Raymond and tell them, in case thats just a code glitch.

And yes, the switch that constantly registers is the disc spin-up switch I guess. Its been like that for a while. It doesnt happen too often, but it will do it occasionally. The only time Ive found that its of real consequence is when it happens at the beginning of a ball and takes away your ability to have a skill shot. Since the machine is on location, I cant really do much about it other than tell the operator. Thanks for letting me know though, I appreciate it

#15 2 years ago

Allen, great job on this. Extremely well done!

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from AllenLeper:

Hey WJxxxx,

Mind Gem on CA for BOM SJP is VERY smart. I never thought that would work, since it makes that shot so "easy", I figured they wouldnt let you do it, but thats dumb of me. So thats great to know.

Oh wow, I never thought of this either...now I have a mission this weekend!

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from noysboy:

Allen, great job on this. Extremely well done!

Thanks Noysboy!

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from AllenLeper:

Hey Zatname!
Thanks for the nice words, I appreciate it.
Im happy to give you my honest opinion on AIQ. If you end up watching the stream, which I strongly recommend before selling your machine as it may very well change your mind, youll notice at the end that I talk about how I feel about AIQ overall.
I am a VERY harsh critic of pinball machines. Admittedly so. Most games feel lacking to me in numerous ways. Either the shots feel unfulfilling, or the rule set is boring or underproduced, there isnt enough content to make the game fun for more than a few weeks, or a number of other things. In my opinion, AIQ is the exact opposite. I believe its the best overall pinball machine of the modern era. The shots are amazing, feel great, and are HITTABLE for the average player. The code is absolutely INSANE and, although very intricate and "complicated", is deep enough to offer an amount of future replayability that few other machines can offer. I personally feel like the pinball machines that are most worth owning are the ones that have multiple options for types of gameplay. What I mean by that is: you can play AIQ for completion, getting to and beating Thanos. Or you can build ENTIRE games around one small specific goal and turn the machine into a completely different game. For example, if I want to get the biggest Gamma Ray Hurry-Up score, Im going to spend the whole game getting the Power Gem to power up Hulk, then the Reality Gem to multiply the Hulk shot, and focus on playing Gamma Ray as many times as possibly, avoiding most other aspects of the game. And thats just one of the small parts of the game.
In conclusion, I think AIQ is an incredible investment, and I think at some point in the future, near or far, people will start to pick it up and see how awesome it is. So like I said earlier, check out the tutorial when you get some time and try to mimic what Ive done and see if that helps you understand and makes the game more fun. I have a feeling that it will.
And if you have any questions, feel free to get in touch.

THIS! You nailed it Allen. I feel like people move on from this game too soon and never really give it a chance to understand all that the game has to offer... Its truly the perfect machine for the home environment! Competition play makes it even more fun as you get to see all of the different strategies involved.

I am still watching the video with you and Owl, but have you considered getting the reality gem second after the mind gem? If you place the mind gem on a level 2 avenger (BW) and then start the reality gem mode, you spin the disk then hit the action button to collect all lit shots (since Mind gem level 2 behaves differently then level 1). I believe this will make collecting the reality gem super easy since its literally only 2 shots (1 to the disk and 1 to the right ramp to collect). Thoughts?

#19 2 years ago

I watched a portion of the stream and was unbelievably impressed. It’s a lot to take it, but I’m going to digest it all in bite size pieces and building on each concept incrementally.

Nice work Allen! I really appreciate the effort you put in to pull all of this together.

#20 2 years ago

Fantastic presentation, love the cheat sheets, I'm a visual learner and this was very helpful. I always have trouble getting all the gems in the right place when the ant man shot lets you replace them, seems like a short time and you need to know exactly where you want them to go.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

THIS! You nailed it Allen. I feel like people move on from this game too soon and never really give it a chance to understand all that the game has to offer... Its truly the perfect machine for the home environment! Competition play makes it even more fun as you get to see all of the different strategies involved.
I am still watching the video with you and Owl, but have you considered getting the reality gem second after the mind gem? If you place the mind gem on a level 2 avenger (BW) and then start the reality gem mode, you spin the disk then hit the action button to collect all lit shots (since Mind gem level 2 behaves differently then level 1). I believe this will make collecting the reality gem super easy since its literally only 2 shots (1 to the disk and 1 to the right ramp to collect). Thoughts?

Lol, keep watching

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I watched a portion of the stream and was unbelievably impressed. It’s a lot to take it, but I’m going to digest it all in bite size pieces and building on each concept incrementally.
Nice work Allen! I really appreciate the effort you put in to pull all of this together.

Thanks Krupps! I really appreciate that. Let me know if it works for you!

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Fantastic presentation, love the cheat sheets, I'm a visual learner and this was very helpful. I always have trouble getting all the gems in the right place when the ant man shot lets you replace them, seems like a short time and you need to know exactly where you want them to go.

Very true. Theres a couple of those moments late in the video. But if you have a plan beforehand, once you hit change gems, even accidentally, re-placing your gems is easy peasy.

#24 2 years ago

Wow, heroic effort! Really impressive. Looking forward to finding one in the wild to play now (and bringing flashcards...)

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

Wow, heroic effort! Really impressive. Looking forward to finding one in the wild to play now (and bringing flashcards...)

Thanks Aeolus! Best of luck!

#26 2 years ago

Amazing in depth tutorial! This is by far one of the greatest pins I’ve played, and with this super deep tutorial I finally have a great strategy to use. I’ve been winging it thus far, and trying to understand it myself without help. I now have about 200 + games on my premium, and I feel like I’m just putting unnecessary games on it at this point. Yeah, I am having fun and getting loads of practice, but going in blind will only get ya so far if you are trying to progress in the modes. Thanks for all your time and effort on this tutorial. I for one appreciate it. Now if I could hit a shot to save my life I’ll have a chance. Time to go play a round!
AVENGERS ASSEMMMMBLLLLLLE!!!!

#27 2 years ago

Allen, great job! Extremely well done! I love that the last game didn’t go exactly right but you got to show the thought process as the games changes and the different choices that need to be made. 10 short games would not have showcased this so well. As soon as I can get my shots down, I hope to really start progressing through the game!

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from AllenLeper:

Hey WJxxxx,
Thanks for the information, this is really good to know. A few points:

Mind Gem on CA for BOM SJP is VERY smart. I never thought that

I've got a fair few other things I've figured out that work for me, but I don't want to detract from what you've done.

20210628_202029 (resized).jpg20210628_202029 (resized).jpg
#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Amazing in depth tutorial! This is by far one of the greatest pins I’ve played, and with this super deep tutorial I finally have a great strategy to use. I’ve been winging it thus far, and trying to understand it myself without help. I now have about 200 + games on my premium, and I feel like I’m just putting unnecessary games on it at this point. Yeah, I am having fun and getting loads of practice, but going in blind will only get ya so far if you are trying to progress in the modes. Thanks for all your time and effort on this tutorial. I for one appreciate it. Now if I could hit a shot to save my life I’ll have a chance. Time to go play a round!
AVENGERS ASSEMMMMBLLLLLLE!!!!

Thanks MagicMike! I really appreciate it. Good luck getting the shots down, youll be having a blast after that!

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from Bfults:

Allen, great job! Extremely well done! I love that the last game didn’t go exactly right but you got to show the thought process as the games changes and the different choices that need to be made. 10 short games would not have showcased this so well. As soon as I can get my shots down, I hope to really start progressing through the game!

Thanks Bfults! Im pretty proud of that game as well, and very happy that I could show some on the fly decision making, since thats primarily what you really have to do on AIQ to be able to do well. Good luck getting the shots down!

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I've got a fair few other things I've figured out that work for me, but I don't want to detract from what you've done.[quoted image]

Nice! Thats better than my personal best. Killin it!

#32 2 years ago

Sidenote: I learned during the stream that the space gem doesnt work quite like I thought it did. So you may notice a slight discrepancy between the Active Gems card on the stream and the one here on the thread. The one on the thread is the updated version and the (hopefully) correct one.

#33 2 years ago

thanks for the cards and ill have to watch the stream, but damn this complicated code is what keeps this game from being great for me. I LOVE the layout, theme, art, etc. Shots feel great, but I just dont want to think this much playing pinball! heh. Will be watching this stream when I have a chance, thanks for doing all this. Need more room in the arpon for cards!

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

thanks for the cards and ill have to watch the stream, but damn this complicated code is what keeps this game from being great for me. I LOVE the layout, theme, art, etc. Shots feel great, but I just dont want to think this much playing pinball! heh. Will be watching this stream when I have a chance, thanks for doing all this. Need more room in the arpon for cards!

Hey mbrave, you're welcome! I totally understand what you mean. I personally love really intricate games and all the constant decision making, but I can see why a lot of people might be turned off by that and just want to kind of relax and not have to overthink shooting around. Hopefully all the cards and strats can get you closer to that point with AIQ.

#35 2 years ago

Fantastic work here. Since AIQ first came out, I've always offered my opinion that I think it's the best game ever for pinball shots, gameplay, and rules. The interaction factors that provide meaningful choices from beginning to end of game are unparalleled. Not surprising at all coming from Elwin's mind -- and level of pinball skill.

Thanks for putting all this together to help everyone else get their mind wrapped around all the fun and cool gameplay experience that people can enjoy with AIQ!

#36 2 years ago

I just wanted to say that everything Allen put together is amazing. I'm only halfway through the tutorial video and I just had the best game ever both in game progression and in points! Allens tips and strategies helped me A TON! (I'd consider myself an average player FYI) I'd never been past BOM before and I just defeated Thanos and collected all 6 gems! This is serisouly such a great game when you fully understand the strategies and approach needed to enjoy it. Do yourself a favor and take the time to understand this awesome game.

I got so far in this game that I did soul gem TWICE even though I already had the soul gem. When I spun the disk, it just awarded me avenger collects since I had all of the gems already lol. I was only 1 trophy away from trophy mania... so thats still a goal of mine.

Thanks again for all of this Allen, I'm now playing AIQ more than any game in my collection. It deserves to be the best Elwin game without question, it's truly a masterpiece.

Pics of my epic game:

IMG_6156 (resized).jpgIMG_6156 (resized).jpgIMG_6157 (resized).jpgIMG_6157 (resized).jpgIMG_6158 (resized).jpgIMG_6158 (resized).jpgIMG_6159 (resized).jpgIMG_6159 (resized).jpgIMG_6160 (resized).jpgIMG_6160 (resized).jpg
#37 2 years ago

Man some of you are killing it with scores on the game. I'm envious. Gonna have to sit down and rewatch the tutorial vid, I still find this game incredibly punishing and frustrating. Seems like every bricked shot just goes directly to the outlanes for me and straight down the middle off the tower or if the ball doesn't make the widow ramp or Marvel ramp. Still cant seem to get passed 2-300mill consistently. Hopefully my luck changes with it soon. Great info cards and tutorial OP, appreciate you doing this.

#38 2 years ago

Thank god someone finally figured out how the rules on this beast are designed and put down in a manner morons like me can understand. Just made this a favorite. Now to go through everything again before I start my next Avengers games.

Thank you very much!

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I just wanted to say that everything Allen put together is amazing. I'm only halfway through the tutorial video and I just had the best game ever both in game progression and in points! Allens tips and strategies helped me A TON! (I'd consider myself an average player FYI) I'd never been past BOM before and I just defeated Thanos and collected all 6 gems! This is serisouly such a great game when you fully understand the strategies and approach needed to enjoy it. Do yourself a favor and take the time to understand this awesome game.
I got so far in this game that I did soul gem TWICE even though I already had the soul gem. When I spun the disk, it just awarded me avenger collects since I had all of the gems already lol. I was only 1 trophy away from trophy mania... so thats still a goal of mine.
Thanks again for all of this Allen, I'm now playing AIQ more than any game in my collection. It deserves to be the best Elwin game without question, it's truly a masterpiece.
Pics of my epic game:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

CashMoney! Hell yeah! Awesome to hear that my strats actually work for others too! Now its time to REALLY start enjoying AIQ!

#40 2 years ago

Just had a breakthrough game on my Pro this afternoon after spending some time getting to better understand the rules and experimenting with strategies. 1.8B was my top for the last 3 months and hadn't sniffed collecting more than 4 gems in a game. Today's game - collected all 6 gems, trophy mania, computer frenzy, BOM, Battle Royal, Battled Thanos w/out losing a gem, defeated Thanos and hit just about everything else. Thanks AllenLeper for the guidance!!! 3.7B is the new neighborhood record!

The only question I have is if you reach the final Defeat Thanos mode with all 6 gems, do you automatically defeat him and don't have to actually do anything? That's what happened to me and it was a little underwhelming. I got my 1B points but there wasn't an final battle mode.

9481F2DA-450F-4C3F-9B13-DE54AED2375E (resized).jpeg9481F2DA-450F-4C3F-9B13-DE54AED2375E (resized).jpeg

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from Ryancaseystudio:

Just had a breakthrough game on my Pro this afternoon after spending some time getting to better understand the rules and experimenting with strategies. 1.8B was my top for the last 3 months and hadn't sniffed collecting more than 4 gems in a game. Today's game - collected all 6 gems, trophy mania, computer frenzy, BOM, Battle Royal, Battled Thanos w/out losing a gem, defeated Thanos and hit just about everything else. Thanks AllenLeper for the guidance!!! 3.7B is the new neighborhood record!
The only question I have is if you reach the final Defeat Thanos mode with all 6 gems, do you automatically defeat him and don't have to actually do anything? That's what happened to me and it was a little underwhelming. I got my 1B points but there wasn't an final battle mode.
[quoted image]

Excellent work Ryan! Thats an amazing game, and actually even better than my all time best!
And yes, if you collect all six gems and then get to Thanos you beat him without having to play the wizard mode. I actually really enjoy is because it makes me feel like I had a "perfect" game. Also, I had gotten to and beaten the Thanos wizard mode a few times BEFORE I had a game where I collected all six gems and beat him that way. So it made it even more exciting. Im sure some point soon youll end up playing the wizard mode. If you learn anything specific about it, let me know!

#42 2 years ago

Well still cant crack 1 billion points but did finally manage 500million+. Managed to capture the reality gem at least and made it to battle royal but lost.

IMG_1663 (resized).jpegIMG_1663 (resized).jpeg
#43 2 years ago
Quoted from SharkDiver:

Well still cant crack 1 billion points but did finally manage 500million+. Managed to capture the reality gem at least and made it to battle royal but lost.
[quoted image]

Battle Royale is super far. 600 mil is not a bad game by any stretch. Nice work. Sounds like you have the game knowledge now, I bet once the shots start feeling a little better, youll be winning more gems.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from AllenLeper:

Battle Royale is super far. 600 mil is not a bad game by any stretch. Nice work. Sounds like you have the game knowledge now, I bet once the shots start feeling a little better, youll be winning more gems.

Thanks Allen, much appreciated! The tutorial has definitely helped I think. Im hoping the shots come a little easier soon, out of all the games I have AIQ is the second most brick filled for me which is so weird as it seems most find it super flow filled and loads of ramps. Me? I consistently find every non shot on the playfield or half ramp everything.

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from SharkDiver:

Thanks Allen, much appreciated! The tutorial has definitely helped I think. Im hoping the shots come a little easier soon, out of all the games I have AIQ is the second most brick filled for me which is so weird as it seems most find it super flow filled and loads of ramps. Me? I consistently find every non shot on the playfield or half ramp everything.

Yeah I understand. I have pins like that as well, where other people flow it, and I just brick everything.
Have you considered fooling around with the game set up? Like changing the pitch of the game, or cleaning and waxing it? Ive found that to be super helpful on AIQ. Are your flippers turned all the way up? Little stuff like that can change a game big time.

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from AllenLeper:

Yeah I understand. I have pins like that as well, where other people flow it, and I just brick everything.
Have you considered fooling around with the game set up? Like changing the pitch of the game, or cleaning and waxing it? Ive found that to be super helpful on AIQ. Are your flippers turned all the way up? Little stuff like that can change a game big time.

I have considered trying to fiddle with it but being so new to the hobby I'm not completely sure how to go about making adjustments on things. Like turning up the flippers? I'm not completely sure what you mean by that or how I'd go about doing it. Pitch I'm assuming is set up correctly, the place I bought it from delivered and set it up for me. Waxing the playfield might help with the ramps, especially Capt. Marvel Id guess. That makes sense! I'd be happy if the tower would stop releasing balls straight down the middle lol, not so bad with just a single ball in play but multi balls its a drainfest if I put a ball up there. I wanna love this game dammit lol.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from SharkDiver:

I have considered trying to fiddle with it but being so new to the hobby I'm not completely sure how to go about making adjustments on things. Like turning up the flippers? I'm not completely sure what you mean by that or how I'd go about doing it. Pitch I'm assuming is set up correctly, the place I bought it from delivered and set it up for me. Waxing the playfield might help with the ramps, especially Capt. Marvel Id guess. That makes sense! I'd be happy if the tower would stop releasing balls straight down the middle lol, not so bad with just a single ball in play but multi balls its a drainfest if I put a ball up there. I wanna love this game dammit lol.

Hey SharkDiver,
A few notes for you:

1. If youre new to the hobby and getting 600mil games on AIQ, youre leaps and bounds ahead of most newbies, I promise.

2. Theres a link below to the PDF of the owners manual for AIQ, in case you dont have it yet. In it, it explains the "intended" pitch of the game. 6.5 degrees is recommended. Basically, the bubble in the level (next to the shooter lane), should be between the two black lines. AIQs I play have the bubble touching the top black line. The owners manual will also explain how to go through the menu system to see all the settings. Flipper strength is in there. I have a feeling its already all the way up, but its still worth checking.

3. The Marvel ramp is kind of notorious for not working very well out of the box. The angle where the ramp meets the wireframe is not what it should be. If you look around Pinside for it, you may be able to find some threads about fixes. The AIQ that I play, I actually just put both of my hands on the top part of the ramp, and bent it backwards a small amount. Nothing too crazy. This helps tremendously.

4. Definitely clean (and wax if you want) your playfield. AIQs get really dirty really fast, I think bc of the subway tunnel. That dirt slows the balls down which means they have less momentum for the ramps.

5. The tower is a different story. That is actually working as intended. Its made with that angle so that it forces the player to use the upper flipper to shoot the upper shots instead of bypassing them to come back to the lower flippers. If youre having trouble with that in multiball, I have a suggestion. Start really concentrating on the sound that the game makes when its about to let go of the tower ball. Once you memorize that sound, and it is unique, you will start to create muscle memory for "Oh, I need to upper-flip very soon" even if youre focusing on the lower flippers. This works wonders. With a game like AIQ, all the sounds are unique, so the more you commit those sounds to memory, the easier it becomes to understand all the things that are happening WITHOUT even having to look at the screen. Sidenote: In the menu settings, I bet theres a setting for "tower ball save", you may be able to turn that on to help.

Keep it up! Youll get there.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/AvengersInfinity_LE_Pre_web.pdf

#48 2 years ago

Wow thank you so much for all the info and tips Allen, I super appreciate that! Very nice of you. I'll definitely look into these and see if theres anything that needs adjusting. And thanks for the compliment. Gotta say this is a pretty nice community around here.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from SharkDiver:

Wow thank you so much for all the info and tips Allen, I super appreciate that! Very nice of you. I'll definitely look into these and see if theres anything that needs adjusting. And thanks for the compliment. Gotta say this is a pretty nice community around here.

Sure thing! Happy to help!

#50 2 years ago

Thanks for all the help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,185 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 16.00
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-for-dummies-complete-tutorial-stream-and-flashcards?hl=jrbbrj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.