5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,728 posts
  • 507 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Onwallst
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 235 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6067 (resized).jpeg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)
20201230_195950 (resized).jpg
20201230_121407 (resized).jpg
20201230_103902 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201130_133120_905 (resized).jpg
IMG_9548.JPG
20201129_093407 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #143 What we know 29th August Posted by NeilMcRae (5 months ago)

Post #2643 Stern fix for subway hangups right before VUK Posted by Fezmid (26 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 5 months ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

Why cant we just get an original theme game?

They don't sell overseas, where Stern sells half their games. And it wouldn't do great here either. It's a pop culture hobby now. Where you been?

#77 5 months ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

They seem to go back to the well often w themes.

It's like when a reporter asked Willie Sutton why he robs banks. "Because that's where the money is."

#78 5 months ago
Quoted from oldbaby:

I guess a Thanos bash toy makes sense.

Sega Frankenstein toy redesigned as Thanos, throwing balls at the player? Could be cool.

[insert playfield dimpling jokes here]

#206 4 months ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Please don’t believe everything you hear.

I believe him in this case. Layout feels pretty Gomez-y all around; sword lock, Black Widow shot becoming the turnaround, Hawkeye left orbit that returns up a short ramp to the right flipper (on DP premium).

But the ramps are a dead giveaway. BOTH Deadpool ramps are the Batman 66 right ramp. Same part number and everything. If you were in a hurry to design a game, you'd probably grab a ramp from your previous game and re-use it. Twice.

#218 4 months ago

Stern doesn't have the money/time/development resources to license and design the Marvel movie pin of your dreams. It's always going to be like Avengers 1.0 or GOTG at best. I'll take a Deadpool style game any day. It was never going to have Ryan Reynolds custom callouts. You just have to make peace with it.

#277 4 months ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Is there anything other than speculation saying that this will be a fully new release and not just a Vault or Home of the old game?

Yes.

#279 4 months ago

Alright guys, how are we gonna pronounce these in conversation?

AIQ
AIQLE

#283 4 months ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

It would be cool to see a Doctor Strange teleportation subway in the game.

Rick & Morty just did that.

#295 4 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

If they have delayed it because of Chadwick’s death then good on them!

I'm continually perplexed by the rules on respecting the dead. Last night ABC played Black Panther without commercials, to honor him. I don't think anyone complained. Pulling his films off streaming services would be, disrespectful I guess? But delaying a game is respectful?

I just hope when I die that no one bases any decisions on it. Live your life. That's what I would want.

#296 4 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Maybe they are going to honour him somehow.

This may sound crazy, but they could release a pinball machine to honor him.

#301 4 months ago

You guys are probably right, I'm just stoked to see this new game.

#310 4 months ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

I think original themes can sell better now these days.

Don't quit your day job.

Quoted from pinballwil:

And now we have 50% home sales.

That's a hindrance, not a help. Nearly all of the people pounding their fist for Jaws, who will buy anything if a lunchbox has the right characters on it, are home buyers.

Quoted from pinballwil:

I like AP games but i would never buy them because they look different.

You won't buy a game over something as petty and inconsequential as backbox shape, yet you think people will line up for unlicensed themes.

#426 4 months ago

Hot Wheels should have ramps like this.

#591 4 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I don’t really see the value of the LE except if you want to get it early.

I don't either, but 500 people definitely will. Stern has this stuff figured out.

...or do I hear 600? It's happened before.

#637 4 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Avengers was made popular by the films and I think we want to see the a FILM version of Avengers not a cartoon!

We heard you the first time.

#651 4 months ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Not sure what is up with pinball companies using Donkey Kong Banana yellow.

Hard to tell in the photos, but it's sparkly. Probably looks better in person.

#881 4 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I love JOhnny craps work on JP even though most here hated it.

If by "most here hated it" you mean "a tiny vocal minority whined about it while the rest of us were too busy loving our JP," then yes.

#882 4 months ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Sounds overly complicated to me...

Same drop target rule from that famously complicated game, Stern Cheetah, 1980.

#935 4 months ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I did this to my Tron, very hard to take a pic of it, but it's blue flake on ink black. Wanted it to look spacey.

Ah yes, Tron, the famous outer space movie.

(just a little friendly ballbusting)

#943 4 months ago

Ah yes, Metallica, the famous outer space band.

(I'll be here all night, tip your server)

#954 4 months ago

Oh crap, rodgate. KME start drafting your resignation letter.

1 week later
#1716 4 months ago
Quoted from T-800:

Taking that one step further with the roving lit square and completing a grid is just awesome and again, takes a standard pinball mech and makes it so much more exciting and deliberate.

Keith's RBION fandom is showing.

I'm surprised no one mentioned it yet (that I saw), but to be fair, that game is from the dark ages of 2004. Most people in the hobby now weren't around then, and there aren't many Ripley's in circulation to play.

#1856 4 months ago

If anyone complains about this stream, YOU effing try it. Jack is killing it. Playing great while holding a conversation, answering rules questions on a game he's barely played, giving a pinball 101 tutorial on the fly for non-players.

#2085 4 months ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

That wirefom, if I'm not mistaken, isn't supposed to light the "o".

Keeps it on par with the pro, same number of shots feed inlanes to spell IRON.

#2203 4 months ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Also hoping for some battle damage character screens for when you're doing battle other than just the health bar.. maybe that's my gamer brain talking but it would be cool to see beat up stages of the enemies (or heroes) when you're in battle to add to the effect whether you're losing, or winning the fight.

Stuff like this seems important now that you can only watch someone else, but when you play the game, concerns like that typically melt away. Who's looking up every time they hit a shot? This game is too fast for that.

#2204 4 months ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

The modes seem to feel all sameish (not in the rules, but rather in their presentation).

One thing I probably missed, what's the significance of how many heroes are in each gem quest? I know the number is fixed, but does it matter if it's one hero or four? If it's just for display/story purposes that's fine I guess, but it doesn't help much in avoiding "colored arrow syndrome."

I know in Battle Royale each hero has a health bar that runs down over time, so there it definitely matters how many you have, but in gem quests I don't think that's the case.

#2226 4 months ago
Quoted from Saddath:

What are your toughts about pins falling out of the captain marvel ramp onto the playfield?

I don't think it call fall onto wood. If the shot goes halfway up, it drops onto the curved metal entrance. Once it makes the vertical 180 it's trapped in habitrail.

#2247 4 months ago

My complaint with the premium/LE gauntlet isn't the glove, but the gems. Most of the time they'll be unlit & white. Even when lit they still look a little milky. I'm sure someone will come up with translucent color-matched replacements.

#2255 4 months ago

Have you tried manufacturing anything lately?

#2264 4 months ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

Anyone have a sense for low long it takes Stern to complete a run of 500 LEs?

Pretty sure I heard they could do 50 games a day at full speed. Not sure if that's one line or multiple lines. Also that's B.C., before covid.

2-4 weeks would be my ballpark guesstimate.

1 week later
#2312 3 months ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Game isn't even out yet and someone has completed it already.

Pretty sure I didn't see trophy multiball listed.

#2314 3 months ago

^ Cosigned. I've battled the beast a few times, beat him once. Feels like it was designed for my exact skill ceiling. But I'm still glad RTTH is out there for the real killers to hunt down.

1 month later
#2537 84 days ago
Quoted from dancosta:

I highly recommend using a digital level for higher accuracy.

And measure in multiple places. Even on brand new games, I've found readings can vary by .3 degrees down by the flippers vs. up high.

Mostly I just pitch games by feel, couldn't tell you how many degrees most of mine are set at.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 7,699.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
$ 5,999.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside