Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #143 What we know 29th August Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Post #2643 Stern fix for subway hangups right before VUK Posted by Fezmid (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#528 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve had a blast on both pro versions of Keith’s. I’m sure this will be no different.

The Pro looks fun to me. I also like the extra spinner and horseshoe the Premium doesn't have instead of the turnaround ramp. If I was one of the other designers I would be asking why Keith has a higher BOM because it looks like he does.

#602 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

It depends on what you value. BM66 has much better art/theme/display in my personal opinion. this seems likely to have much better layout and probably rules based on keiths track record.

Better layout, definitely, but those BM66 rules are unbelievably good.

#700 3 years ago

The wireforms are good but Oktoberfest has crazy wireforms. I think Elwin just makes a really good layout.

#1222 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

And a Stern shaker is 150.

The Stern shaker is $99 at PBL.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-factory-authorized-shaker-motor-kit-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

Edit: I also own sheets of Invisiglass that I move to my new pin when I sell or trade. When I buy Invisiglass for $200 I get to keep it. When you sell an LE they are going to want the HD glass.

LEs look great and buy them if you want but the gameplay isn’t different than a Premium.

#1229 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

How many of these can pinside have?
[quoted image]

Jurassic Park has two club threads with one for the LE. So I would guess at least a couple more.

#1237 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

The PBL shaker is theirs not a stern but nearly identical and works the same. have OE in my IMDN and PBL in JP

PBL shaker is $80. The stern authorized one is $99.

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-factory-authorized-shaker-motor-kit-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

#1388 3 years ago

We are getting real animation explanations here. I didn't want to say anything because people get so defensive. Thanks for the great explanations Scandell and @plasticbugs. I have been explaining to several of my friends these animations are very very simple and look like the product of a short development cycle.

If you like it then that's all the matters but most of them seem like reddit gifs to me.

#1393 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

When I saw that TMNT was using a real-time animation engine renderer, I assumed they were going to have a ton of interactive “video modes” controlled by the flipper buttons. Stern is certainly positioning themselves to be able to deliver “video modes” for future games.
I haven’t played TMnT yet. Are there video modes?

Nope and I doubt the hardware is powerful enough for any real time 3d rendering.

#1394 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I think when people complain about the "Animation" on TMNT, they're complaining about the art style of the 3D characters. The animation looks fine for TMNT, but the turtles and April look rough IMO.
AIQ may not have top notch animation, but I'm glad they kept with an art style that at least tries to mimic the playfield/comic art. Turtles is way off from the TV show and ZY playfield art.

It is two completely different Thanos designs in the animation and on the everything else.

thanos1 (resized).pngthanos1 (resized).pngthanos2 (resized).pngthanos2 (resized).png
#1447 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Shot flow is excellent.
Tons of targets to hit, with plenty of objectives.
Watching Raymond play right now: don’t see any clunk shot with him.
Keith just got back on and of course shooting well for him too.

Two of the best players in the world are getting a ton of half ramps though.

#1543 3 years ago

I was worried about fade just seeing the game for the first time but they were getting half ramps when the stream started. Overall my excitement has gone down. I will probably wait to play one before buying.

I’m sure it will be good but all modern Sterns are pretty good.

#1679 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I was wondering about that too. You are keying out the background plus managing multiple video streams. I can see it being stressful.... not to mention managing in blips in the bandwidth.
I use custom built Origin laptops. They will actually make you one with the guts of a desktop, so you can drop in a high-end processor and graphics card.

That might not be as necessary now that the AMD Ryzen 4000 laptops are coming out at up to 16 threads.

#1686 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Yeah there has been a huge leap in processing power over the last 4 or 5 years. it is funny, because most people will never know/need it.... but if you are working in video then every bit of power reduces the time in your work flow.

Oh, it's crazy. Someone makes a Ryzen 4000 8 Core laptop with an RTX 2060 that weighs 3.5 lbs. The future is a crazy place.

Edit: found it. https://www.digitaltrends.com/laptop-reviews/asus-rog-zephyrus-g14-review/

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog-zephyrus-g14-14-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-9-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-max-q-1tb-ssd-moonlight-white/6403816.p?acampID=0&irclickid=V831iwyY6xyOWVp0EHQlB1XYUkiXxhyQEycLT80&irgwc=1&loc=Digital+Trends.&mpid=1661513&ref=198&skuId=6403816

#1695 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

That is interesting, but it looks a bit more on the consumer end. I think they are focusing on making it slim, but that has some major drawbacks. They are comparing it to a MacBook pro (which I find way underpowered). My main computer is the Origin Laptop/desktop replacement.. but I also bought a back-up computer this year that uses the AMD Ryzen 9 3900 - with 12 cores. However, i had it loaded with 64g of Ram, 2 separate 2 tb SSD drives, and the RTX 2070 drive.

Oh yeah, no comparing a sub 1300 portable laptop with one that costs and weighs double. I'm sure someone makes a creator laptop with a Ryzen 9 4900.

Edit: Off topic laptop conversation. Sorry

#1961 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Marvel’s only rules were no swearing, no mentioning third parties. (Thinking back, I don’t even think ‘no swearing’ was even a rule)
They hired me to do what I do. (I want a heart emoji on Pinside)
I actually requested Justin, they had another person they wanted on stream with me.

Justin was great. As a novice his questions and commentary was well articulated and poignant. Get him back on your stream any time you can.

#2004 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Deadpool is the same 3 modes over and over with 2 other modes built in, with an easily achievable Mechsuit multi ball that overrides everything and serves no purpose.
Oh yeah you can advance to the next level modes, but they're the very much the same.

I think you can over simplify any game. It has a series of different hurry ups and goals that make you use all of a very unique layout.

I don’t care if a game has 100 modes if they are all just different color blinking lights.

#2017 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I wasn't going to run a diatribe on it, but really the 3 main modes are:
Sabertooth: Play it first. It's easy. Very rarely will you ever time it out.
Mystique: Tougher than Sabertooth, but still on the simpler side to complete.
Juggernaut: Toughest with the drop targets of Prem/LE. Stack Lil Deadpool multi ball, which is easy to start, and you'll complete it first try.

So Megaldon and Trex aren't modes?

I have a Met strategy. Hit it up the center. See previous sentence. That is wood chopping repetition to me.

#2027 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

The man wins game of the year two years in a row and still doesn't command his due respect in the community. At least play/see the game in person before passing such a negative judgement on it, jeesh. You're cancelling L.Es cuz you dont like the "story" on a superhero pinball machine? Good guys in tights fight bad guys in tights?
Cirqus Voltaire was fun, what in gods name is the story on that? I just want a game to be fun, this looks fun, take my money, simple.

He gets respect, he sold all the LEs based on some photos. If anything the pendulum has swung the other direction and people are calling a game no one has played the best ever made.

People are only questioning a 6k-9k purchase because they want to play it first. Relax.

#2034 3 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Pinball Pro's Contact: [email protected] - 402.909.1660 Greg.

Didn’t Greg want 10k?

#2072 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

figured it was obvious i was referring to the negative reaction not the positive.
most logical people would figure this will likely be a great game and goty contender. and i give absolutely zero stock in pinball awards personally. but when people are cancelling les because of a poorly produced introductory twitch stream...
but will yet another has-been rock band pin beat it? time will tell i guess.

You don't get to cherry pick what fits your narrative. Most logical people would try something in person before spending 10,000 dollars based on a half a dozen photos.

People wanting to play the game before buying it is a good thing. It will still out sell every other pin and win game of the year, don't worry.

1 month later
#2400 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

The captain marvel ramp is the most fun shot on the playfield?

I haven't played it yet to verify that but I have seen it be the most frustrating after no longer being able to be made from a trap after flipper fade.

#2403 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I have not experienced this on mine. Anyone else?

Karl at IE for sure:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/773906167?t=02h03m07s

#2405 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Yup I saw this too...
This is why I bought the flipper coil fans from PinMonk. I don’t want to have to worry about flipper fade on my machine.

While I was watching it I was thinking that AIQ is going to sell a bunch of those kits. On most games you don’t have such an important shot that needs full power.

#2407 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I can hit captain marvel anytime I need to. Not a problem. Ball flys up the ramp. Aim better people.

Are you seriously telling Karl DeAngelo to play better?

#2409 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

2 people who own it have just told you they don’t see the problem dude, but you know... I guess you saw it on a stream, so there it is.

Flipper fade is real and it’s a steep ramp. I appreciate your experience but that doesn’t mean someone else is wrong. I also will believe Karl if he says he can’t make it with fade. I didn’t just watch him, he said that all by himself.

#2411 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd like to know what his temps were at that point. He was likely around 145-150F to have enough fade he couldn't make a direct shot. I only tested through 60 minutes on Avengers and got to 135F and it seemed pretty stable around there, not moving much for the last 5 minutes. But he's playing more than an hour beyond that so maybe the additional late-game activity breaks the game out of the 135F range it was in at the end of my test 60 minutes in.
At least there's a solution for people seeing this on Avengers.

Your work is always meticulous man. I’m always interested in what you’re cooking up and have definitely been a repeated customer.

#2414 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not sure what's going on with "flipper fade" but it's a real thing with Stranger Things.
I hooked up those coil fans and it makes a BIG difference on hitting the DEMO consistently.

Seeing Virelands numbers on that pin in particular have me really curious what that feels like. If you’ve ever owned a LotR then you know it’s a real thing after playing an hour long game and trying to make the ring shot.

#2458 3 years ago

Hot damn, I somehow turned this thread into a infomercial.

Screenshot 2020-10-20 152956 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-10-20 152956 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 125.00
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.50
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin?tu=waxx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.