Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #143 What we know 29th August Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Post #2643 Stern fix for subway hangups right before VUK Posted by Fezmid (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twenty84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Sure if that’s your taste, but based on SM and SW comic versions, Distro’s are still sitting on stock.

Both of these pins came out much later after most who wanted it had already bought the earlier version. For superhero stuff I prefer the comics as that to me is the original version, which are often redone several times with films. For SW I prefer it based on the films as that is the version I remember growing up with and the comics came later.

1 week later
#1248 3 years ago

I usually go LE because I'm a sucker for the mirrored back glass and getting the game a month sooner. Also there is something to be said for buying the best version of something even if you can do some of it yourself a little cheaper.

2 weeks later
#2284 3 years ago
Quoted from steele67:

Ordered LE day 1 with my distributor saying mid to late October

I got an email from mine saying they are likely shipping in the next week.

4 weeks later
#2442 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

In my temp testing you don't get the barest hint of fade until you get in the neighborhood of 130F.

What testing was done? Some objective measure of how flipper power is related to coil temperature would go a long way in these arguments.

#2447 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

twenty84
Didn’t you do some testing with a scope on Stranger Things?

I did. Even streamed it with a real time view of an oscilloscope and thermocouple on the coil. The coil gets warm for sure and the resistance in the coil goes up when it gets warm but just a couple ohms. I looked at the pulse to the coil and it was always about 37 ms independent of the coil temperature. The voltage across the coil also didn't change over time. At the time I was doing it I figured I would see the time the coil was energized getting longer as the coil took longer to get to the limit switch but this never happened. Thus, I was never actually able to quantify any weakness over time. In hindsight maybe limit switch isn't used for changing the pulse duration like it is on some older games.

Like others I have felt on occasion that the coil got weaker with time. I felt this was especially the case with the TK lock on NST. I have not noticed the effect on other new Sterns but I know others believe it is there. I don't have an issue with my NST anymore after doing a number of fixes and I actually had to turn the powder down it get it to work properly.

I think the key would be trigger off the coil then use a second channel of the oscilloscope to monitor an accelerometer on the flipper or the end of range switch to see if the performance changes over time. Maybe I'll do this at some point, I'm just not as motivated at the moment because I feel like I'm not experiencing any issue.

#2450 3 years ago

That analysis deals mostly with the steady state or in pinball terms the holding power after the flipper is up. The magnetic field is proportion to the current and in the steady state (DC) there is no inductive reactance so I = V/R so if the coil resistance goes up by 30% then you have a big drop in current. The power that is relevant for making shots is right after the voltage step where the inductive reactance of the coil (inductor) is likely to be large relative to the resistance due to the changing magnetic field in the coil. The relative size of the inductive reactive relative to the electrical resistance depends on the inductance of the coil used, which I haven't measured but I would guess is relatively large.

My whole point of this is that I think it would be useful to measure what is actually happening rather than just say someone missed a couple shots because the coils are getting hot.

#2480 3 years ago

I hope this isn't off topic it what seems to becoming a flipper coil cooling thread, but I'm curious how many people play the Battle Royale mode on their games? If you hold in both flippers for a few seconds before starting a game it will let you select it. Talking to a few fellow owners it seems many don't even know it is there. I recently did a stream where I mostly played this mode:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/774219479

2 months later
#2721 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

If you add a small piece of Lexan or similar to the left side Captain Marvel opening at the base of the ramp (use 2-sided tape to hold in place at base) it will almost completely eliminate the rejections and totally eliminates occasional balls that fall out the back/side.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for positing this. I made my own version last night and I feel like it greatly reduces the rejects on this shot. The piece I used was about 25 x 95 mm.

IMG_6067 (resized).jpegIMG_6067 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 125.00
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 16.50
Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nixa, MO
$ 19.00
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rockville, MD
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twenty84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin?tu=twenty84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.