Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #143 What we know 29th August Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Post #2643 Stern fix for subway hangups right before VUK Posted by Fezmid (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider treybo69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#247 3 years ago

Any expectations for a topper? Any guesses how long it’ll take to ship?

Elwin didn’t seem to put much thought into his toppers for IM and JP. Maybe throw the Infinity Gauntlet on top and lighting the stones is a backbox feature. I wonder if it’ll have an exclusive mode like JP.

#299 3 years ago

Not sure what the reason to delay the announcement is, other than waiting for his passing to fall out of the current news cycle so that Stern can have their 15 minutes of being the major Marvel news.

Blank Panther is surely somewhere in the artwork (it'd be cool if he's prominently displayed on at least one art package). I doubt there is enough time to add him in if he wasn't already or to make some sort of alteration in honor of Boseman. Stern has already started ordering playfields and cabinet art. Heck they might already be rolling down the line.

#300 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

yancy (and flynnibus) I don’t disagree with you but also think The relationship with a IP owner can be challenging.

Maybe Marvel was going to help with the reveal, and their PR machine is understandably busy right now. I can see them wanting to double check any new product announcements to make sure they don't upset anyone, seem tasteless, etc...

#304 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Marvel is huge and owned by a even bigger Walt Disney. They can handle the death of someone plus the marketing of a pinball machine. I seriously doubt they are that busy.

Disney is also crazy risk averse. You think it's implausible that some manager kicks down an email saying everything is on hold until further review?

They are no doubt crazy busy right now. His passing is a big deal for the sprawling Marvel and Disney empire.

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

So a Invaders from mars can do the trick for Brian Eddy. If it looks and plays great it can work.

The people who want this game can just go buy AFM, which is possibly the most perfect execution of "alien invasion" sci-fi theme that will ever be made.

If Brian Eddy made a spiritual successor to AFM (cough Stranger Things), people would just complain because it's either too similar or not similar enough.

RFM is very different, but even then it is not some fondly remembered game (other than being the good Pin2000 game)

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What? That is serious crappola.
I'll give u that its the current best jokey style alien invasion pin but to say "that will ever be made" is crap. An Alien Invasion pin needs to be raw and a little violent. A thriller with elements of horror and suspense. Alien from Heighway while a disappoint from the manufacturing side is already for me 10x better than AFM.

Eh. You want a horror pin with sci-fi elements, which certainly has its merits. But when people are pining for the days of lore, they often include humor as one of the things they miss the most. So with that caveat, I'll double down that there is no reason to ever make another humorous take on an alien invasion (or medieval times)

#322 3 years ago
Quoted from Aphex:

just throwing some pure speculation, Black Panther LE?

It’d be cool since it’s probably the closest we’d get to a proper Black Panther game.

So many LE possibilities. Will they try to do a few smaller runs? Like 250 units of Captain America LE, Thanos LE, Black Panther LE, etc (I can just hear Zombie Yeti telling me to shut up)

#341 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Doubtful that had anything to do with it.

Seems like a likely explanation though. Teaser was a scheduled released at like 11am Friday morning. The news of his passing was that afternoon.

Why else would they delay it? It's not like they're going to change that much in a couple days or significantly alter their production timelines (especially when parts are probably already ordered, if games aren't already rolling down the line)

#397 3 years ago

Looks awesome.

And you can see Black Panther is an insert and the right orbit (to a ramp?). So Boseman's passing probably did warrant a small delay

#463 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

And an entire ramp

And an upkicker to remove balls from the ramp is also used as a shot, but is just a stand up on the pro. (Kinda like Star Trek)

#590 3 years ago

Extremely minor nitpick, but the coin door is screaming for some color. It's a glaring black void on a beautiful cabinet. I don't know about powder coating it yellow though, but an aftermarket sticker would do.

Maybe in the future Stern can sell coin doors without the coin mechs for home collectors. Cover the space with more art from the game.

#592 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I don't either, but 500 people definitely will. Stern has this stuff figured out.
...or do I hear 600? It's happened before.

If you pay the most, you should get it the soonest. Then again, now the LE owners are the guinea pigs

#608 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m kind of tired of up posts to stop ball rather than magnet. I mean both are good but it seems as if Stern doesn’t do magnets for ball stop.

Borg does. I think it's Elwins choice. Up-post is probably cheaper which means crazier wireforms in exchange.

#618 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The lock mech under the playfield seems just like flight 2k.

In the podcast, Keith Elwin joked about it being Gary Stern's favorite mech as he was selling him on the subway idea.

#702 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

The wireforms are good but Oktoberfest has crazy wireforms. I think Elwin just makes a really good layout.

Bruh, did you not see that Captain Marvel ramp and how it looks like a superhero flying up, curving around, which interwinds with the Infinity Gauntlet that brilliantly feeds the upper flipper. The balls are flying all around the playfield.

And unlike Oktoberfest, people will regularly see it in action.

1 week later
#1714 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

When a ball is passed through the under playfield lock mech ( not getting locked in there) couldn't the mech let the ball roll right through instead of it stopping in each lock position?

Seems like a good quality of life improvement to make, but it could be complicated and present potential issues if there are already balls locked in there. It would still have to cycle so it keeps the correct number stored.

Could also be an issue with overheating the one coil that pulls down all the ball stops

#1718 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Keith's RBION fandom is showing.
I'm surprised no one mentioned it yet (that I saw), but to be fair, that game is from the dark ages of 2004. Most people in the hobby now weren't around then, and there aren't many Ripley's in circulation to play.

My mind went to classic Sterns like Cheetah, which probably inspired Ripley's. But I'll admit, I've only played a Ripley's once it was years ago.

#2091 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Both inlane switches look low enough that they'd be easy to Shatz to light the letters.
[quoted image]

Sure, but without direct user controlled lane change it seems fairly limited outside of very particular situations.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sarasota, FL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 19.00
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nixa, MO
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider treybo69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin?tu=treybo69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.