4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,727 posts
  • 506 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by hocuslocus
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 235 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6067 (resized).jpeg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)
20201230_195950 (resized).jpg
20201230_121407 (resized).jpg
20201230_103902 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201130_133120_905 (resized).jpg
IMG_9548.JPG
20201129_093407 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #143 What we know 29th August Posted by NeilMcRae (4 months ago)

Post #2643 Stern fix for subway hangups right before VUK Posted by Fezmid (22 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lounge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1167 4 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

How does Sterns HD glass compare to say InvisiGlass or PDI?
I have only had PDI in the past, this will be my first experience with Sterns HD glass, was already thinking about getting a sheet of PDI to swap it out, so curious what your take or anyone else’s is.

I have Stern HD on all my machines. I haven’t seen PDI on a pin but the $200 price difference has me sold on Stern HD.

#1360 4 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I gotta say the more I think about it the more disappointing it is that the pro doesn’t include the captain marvel ramp. The annoying part is that it isn’t really a cost cutting thing, the pro adds a spinner in its place which basically off-sets the cost of a $20 ramp. They just basically changed the layout to make the prem more appealing...

It’s called a marketing strategy. Gotta pay to play.

#1556 4 months ago

It’s a KE game - rules will be complex and some shots will be tight/difficult - just like JP (my current favorite). Lots of people are getting hung up on the animations and sounds but from a cost standpoint, I would prefer Stern spend the build money on the playfield and code... which I think they did here.

Not really an Avengers or comic book guy but I like this way more than I thought I would.

#1702 4 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

...As a package it just felt flat at the moment but I'm sure it will get better as it seemed to be rushed out ththe door...

Guess I watched a different stream.

Did you see the first release of Stranger Things. This code looked more complete than TMNT. The animations were supposed to be ‘comic book-ish’ as the game is based on the comics (so glad it wasn’t the movie). The rules, as they were explained, looked very far along in implementation. A little polish and call it done. As a home collector, I want complexity and difficulty to keep it fresh for as long as possible.

Honestly, I wasn’t really thrilled about an Avengers pin as a theme - lots of Marvel pins out there already - but I wanted to see what sk8ball did with it as JP2 is absolutely my favorite pin. It kicks my ass with the tight shots, deep rules, and brutal out-lanes. The Avengers stream sealed the deal for me - premium all the way.

Now I just need to find the space.

#1723 4 months ago
Quoted from phalcon_2600:

They are giving us all metal ramps on this one. No cheap plastic ramps. Good job Stern.

And wire-forms out the ass.

#1791 4 months ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

So for some of us that are out of the click - What is co-op again ??

Cooperative play - multiple players sharing and working in turn towards game progress.

#1795 4 months ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

Need to have a final battle mode or play as thanos mode when you hold both flipper buttons at start

Co-op - Team Thanos vs Team Avengers!

#1847 4 months ago
Quoted from rai:

How do the insert lights move on the grid? I mean are they controlled by slingshot hits or something different?

Looked like timing.

#1982 4 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I feel that way on so many Sterns. Would love a JP with the raising raptor gate, but I knew from day 1 that the Trex head would be problematic.

But when you get it dialed in.... sweetness.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
$ 34.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
7,695 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lounge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside