Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #143 What we know 29th August Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Post #2643 Stern fix for subway hangups right before VUK Posted by Fezmid (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1195 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I agree, sometimes less is more, it's definitely minimalistic. But it's helluva lot better than BKSOR and TMNT. I'm not a fan of the Final Fantasy look. Btw, is it the same guy who did JP?

What bksor did you play? The animations on the one I played was fantastic... crisp, inventive. Very well executed. Turtles is a little more on the average side.

#1223 3 years ago

I used to be a Topper shaker guy for every game... bottom line is you don’t need em, not for the coin. Shaker motors are cheap enough but really I just don’t see the need to feel my game rattle around. As for my premium it will be getting mirrors and maybe 1 or 2 lighting add ons that’s it. Most of the mod crap really is just pissing money away that could go to the next game. Or a nice sheet of pdi.

#1367 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm starting to think by the year 2030 people won't even know what a comic book is anymore.
Right now Keith Elwin might singlehandedly be the only thing keeping pinball interesting for me. When I first saw the teaser for this game on Instagram I thought it was a movie pin and instantly thought . Really didn't want to see another movie pin. Thankfully I was totally wrong.
Even if some people are having trouble grasping that this is a true comic-based theme the more I see the more interesting it becomes. Keith just 'gets it'. I mean no disrespect to anyone else in the industry, but it just feels like the model of having the game's designer also be so in charge of the overall vision isn't used enough. I'm sure it's a team effort still, but his playfields and rules just feel right together.
Spooky should get the credit for doing the comic book LCD justice first, but these simple animations remind me of what a DMD should be. If the whole game really looks like all the teasers they've posted up I think Stern has a winning formula this time. TMNT could have really used this approach imo. Hell, so could have Iron Maiden. I'll take this look over 3D models any day of the week. Simple, graphic, just enough motion and flash to be interesting while easy to glance up at during gameplay.
I'll definitely be catching the stream tomorrow, I haven't been this curious to see a game in action in a while. The only real unknown is sound. I wasn't wild about the trailer music, and the voices are a mystery.

I don't know of anybody who isn't grasping the game as true comic book theme??? Also for better or worse tmnt is different which is better than same same...

#1576 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I kinda felt this too. I am new to the hobby, so hopefully this doesn't come off harsh, but the presenters today (aside from Jack) just don't seem as comfortable/enthusiastic about showing off the game. Keith just doesn't seem like he really even wants to go to in-depth with a lot of the stuff, almost seem put out to be talking and not just playing. Contrast that with Dwight absolutely beaming during the TMNT reveal and it was pretty night and day.
I think watching some JD solo streams might help dial up the excitement. Game does look hard af for a relatively am player like me.

Some people like and work with a camera pointed at them better than others. Go watch the Lyman showing off b66 with JD... best coder in the business but putting on a show definitely isn’t his forte.

#1767 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Lots of people dropping out after the stream... I like the game even more after the stream and can't wait to play it!

For your typical pinhead the stream would make no difference... its still just a video of guys playing it. Pinheads like us will still get it and sort the rules etc in our own time. Its the fringe buyers that would be possibly dipping out or buyers that can pick just 1 game a year and not all of em. Or possibly the new buyer... stern has done a spot on job of choosing a theme to pull them in... and thrn they follow up with a turd of a presentation.

Stern know they effed up.... hence the apologies today from Elwin. Yes Elwin, I dont refer to him by his 1st name as I dont suck up his backside... i recognise him as an outstanding designer and player... presenter? Not so much. Bottom line is the stream was disorganised and quite frankly crap. The game for me didn't suffer from it as I was getting it regardless.

#1769 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

nobody cares about pinball streams...sorry guys. they sell exactly zero machines, and i find it hard to believe anyone actually cancelled their l.e. after seeing one...
stop pretending marketing and advertising actually matter in pinball, it's a pat on the back waste of time lets be honest here. we're plunking down 9k cuz we saw jack danger in a mask showing off a new pin? cmon...

The world's foremost pinball company putting on display their brand new high end luxury item on 2 of the worlds biggest media platforms presented by world leading designers and players counts for zero sales you say? Ooookay

1 week later
#2271 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Herr.
By the way noone should (keep) bitching about sound(music) too dark, about unfunny quotes and any else about the theme before he has read the comic (not you your question is legit). Elwin said the pin is based on the comic alone. He not only said that the poin is based on the comic alone but also that noone can expect the vibe of the movie bc it were totally different in style. You then Sir have ordered the wrong pin.
[quoted image]

Maybe he just likes avengers in general. I've read the comics and movies... you don't have to qualify yourself for buying a game. The game is still quite accessible for people who only know the movies and not so much the comics. Saying he bought the wrong pin is a bit rich just because he isn't familiar with the comic material.

1 month later
#2498 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Few picks of my pre with mirror blades,I had them on hand until I found some art but I am keeping them in the game
[quoted image][quoted image]

Mirrors look so much better imo. Great choice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 34.00
Trade
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 16.00
$ 15.00
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin?tu=john1210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.