4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,727 posts
  • 506 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by hocuslocus
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 235 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6067 (resized).jpeg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)
20201230_195950 (resized).jpg
20201230_121407 (resized).jpg
20201230_103902 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201130_133120_905 (resized).jpg
IMG_9548.JPG
20201129_093407 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #143 What we know 29th August Posted by NeilMcRae (4 months ago)

Post #2643 Stern fix for subway hangups right before VUK Posted by Fezmid (20 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1199 4 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Topper prices have gotten out of control, for not much in return. Now $600 to $1,000 for $35 worth of plastic and LEDs! Munsters topper was loaded with features and priced at $425, seems quite reasonable now and that was only some months ago. It has loads of integrated gameplay, with a Raven coo-coo clock announcing each hour of the day, as well. Come on Stern stop taking advantage of us with so much less than what you gave us on Munsters and Black Knight SOR. Both those toppers were arguably worth the asking price.

My favorite thing about toppers is you don't have to buy them.

#1328 4 months ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

"Each gem has a perk tied to it. If you win the battle, you get the gem you’re fighting for, but if lose that battle for the gem, Thanos gets the gem and when you get the wizard mode the gems he has will work against you"
Sold me right here.....along with the other unique shots, various multiballs & mini-wizard modes. I cannot say enough positive things about the way Keith designs the rulesets for his games & integrates them into his playfield designs. Nobody else at Stern thinks the way he does.
I look forward to watching myself utterly failing every single mode, seeing Thanos collect all the stones, snap his fingers, and stealing half my score before everything goes black & my game ends. Haha

Is it me or does his rules seem easier to figure out? His games feel like they were well thought out from the very start. Love everything I am hearing about this game.

#1546 4 months ago

Sounds like some of you over hyped yourself. Not sure what you expect from Marvel superhero game. Doesn't have to be the best game ever in the universe. Game looks fantastic and fun. Modes look very interesting and shots look great. Trophies are welcomed for me. Thought they were pretty fun in ST. Of course cannot really judge until I play one.

#1607 4 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The first avengers assemble mini wizard mode is pretty intense too with the limited flips.

Very cool feature. I like that you can add flips and lose flips on drain. Hulk gamma mode looks intense and I always like little things like the sharpshooting modes like Hawkeye. I forget what it was called but also like the mode where you loop shots from the upper flipper to the wide ramp. Art package looks great, animations work well, fun mode, and code looks to be mostly complete. Not sure why there is so much micro criticism over things like energy of staff playing on stream and gem colors.

#1662 4 months ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

The game should have a simple linear Story line that everyone knows and loves about Avengers.
-Battle Thanos and Minions at different locations for each Infinity Stone.
-If you lose Thanos gets it. If you win well you win.
-If thanos gets them all "SNAP" Game ends.
Instead we got a complex hard to follow, discombobulated, Thanoless Version of that With TROPHIES as the main feature.
Not sure if you guys caught it. But only way to fight Thanos is by collecting 23 Flipping trophies. So now Trophies is more important than the Gems themselves.

Think that is pretty much how the game works. You gather up gems and Avengers to battle Thanos. What gems you don't get Thanos gets and works against you. He is the main villain so makes sense to me to battle him in the end. It would be cool if he was taunting you through the game but only so much you can do with all the characters and story packed in one pinball game. Trophies are just marking your progress. No different than any other final wizard mode in other games but trophies have more depth. You can work on doing better in modes to earn better trophies. You can also replay modes to level up the trophy. They also said you can adjust the number of trophies you need to get to the end so that gives less skilled players a better chance.

#1792 4 months ago

It honestly sounds like to me Stern should not do these reveal streams at all. So many demands and criticism over not just the game but the people on the stream.

#1810 4 months ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I don't believe the stream is the issue. I think it is the way preorders and now prepays in full have to be made prior to seeing any game play. Currently you are making a large purchase based off some art, which looks incredible ZY! AIQ for me had to be paid in full, by bank transfer, no credit card which really caught me off guard. So an instant decision had to be made... Being a HUGE Thanos fan I had to make a snap decision and now seeing Thanos is pretty much absent from the game along with some other things I didn't care for I know I may not like this game. I LOVE the artwork but to buy another 10k Christmas tree for me to look at is not in the cards for me.
IMO, If anything I think the streams should be done in advance or day of like Iron Maiden was, of the preorders, prepays or dealer lists being collected. This way customers will get the chance to make an educated decision based on their needs and wants not based on fear of missing out...

Simple. Don't buy an LE. Wait to see how game is received by others, get some personal play time if possible, and see how code evolves. Buy a premium if games looks good and save money over LE. That or buy used LE.

#1821 4 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Co-op play is great for the occasional game.
If a game has Co-op then it's likely other features are neglected or omitted.
Keith's games don't need Co-op as so far they have been coded as well as any other games out there.

Co-op doesn't sound too complicated to implement. I have not seen it but sounds like it's the same as setting up extra balls per game but spread out over players. Maybe it's a low priority and team busy with other tasks. Maybe Stern is still debating whether their games should have this feature. Regardless, it's not in the game as it stands so I would not expect it.

#1899 4 months ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Not so simple! Not unless you are never going to be a serious LE purchaser in the first place.
Where do you buy used LEs from? That is, used LEs of good and popular pins? I know where to buy used LEs of pins that aren't much good or aren't popular, but not LE versions of pins that are highly sought after. Unless of course, I am willing to pay ridiculous prices to try to pry one away from a happy owner.

Well, if you are a serious LE collector and willing to pay ridiculous prices then you accept all that goes with it. I just don't understand complaining about something you willingly go along with like some people do.

#2002 4 months ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

This is exactly why I cancelled my LE. No real story (seen in the code), no good animations are generic and meh except Thor, no great music/sounds/callouts...the damn trophies...and no real interactive toys, no co op, and also almost no Thanos/Cpt America/Adam Warlock...
TMNT is way better. Has a soul and you really feel in the theme's universe...too bad. I really wanted to love this game, guess Im buying a Deadpool and get my superhero fix there instead.

How does TMNT have more soul? Fans seemed a bit disappointed in theme integration with that one. DP fun game but no idea what the story is. You just battle other characters or ninjas by shooting lit shots. AIQ has you collecting Avengers and gems then using those to battle Thanos. Not sure what else you want. Game is already complex so don't see the point of adding more superhero stuff. Guess that is the problem. Marvel universe too large and impossible to do it justice in one pinball game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 19.95
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside