Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)
20201230_195950 (resized).jpg
20201230_121407 (resized).jpg
20201230_103902 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #143 What we know 29th August Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Post #2643 Stern fix for subway hangups right before VUK Posted by Fezmid (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ironman8bit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1224 3 years ago

If anyone is backing out of an LE please contact me I will buy yours, Thanks!

#1313 3 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

I know getting a game early has its unique thrill and obviously LE's are limited, but why do you feel the need to pre-order a game that will be produced for a while?
I can say only for myself that the game looks really fun, art, layout, animations (so far) all look really awesome and I'm excited for it but have never pre-ordered any game. I'm increasingly thankful for stern's marketing making strides to inform people of their product more and more though because "playing one in the wild" is definitely going to be a challenge. The live streams really help as well.

Same can be said about why do you feel the need to wait? Why do you even care if someone pre-orders or not? I don't really understand what you're trying to get across other than stating that people should feel the way you do...

#1317 3 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

I don't care one way or the other. Certainly not trying to sway anyone from making their own choice. I was simply asking the people who were deciding to pre-order why they chose to? Someone mentioned operators and that makes perfect sense. I tend to wait with most things to work out bugs/ not take a depreciation hit if I sell later fyi. I'll happily take a gold star and high five either way though.

But you do care otherwise you wouldn't be asking people why they don't feel the same way you do. Look at your sentence structure you ended it with your own opinion again on why you don't. Cool you like to take your time wait for bugs/depreciation to pass through so why does it even matter what someone else does?

Pre-orders aren't anything new btw so questioning how these things are marketed seems a little late to the party. If you don't like pre-orders don't support it; unfortunately the majority would say otherwise so it isn't going away anytime soon.

#1341 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Dude has been here for 10 years. You've been here for 10 minutes. Maybe stop being such an argumentative child and listen to what someone with a lot of experience has to say. Cause he's right.
Game looks amazing but I'm waiting on the mountain of "my pf is chipping and pooling OH NOOOO's" threads. Always entertaining. Some of you will never learn lol.

I feel like you're just as clueless as he is that pre-ordering isn't going away for a multitude of reasons.

People have tons of reasons for both sides, why does it ultimately matter what other people do and why? Do what you want to do based on your own experiences doesn't mean everyone else has had the same; which he was trying to push with his post.

Also don't understand why you need an account for 10 years to prove you have experience? Doesn't mean you know anything. It's like I only started existing since I created my account.

#1404 3 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

The only game to 100% knock out of the park with movie/tv assets imo was hobbit. The layout left something to be desired but asset use/integration was killer. I think the choice to stick with the comics will allow for a better endgame

I definitely agree with you on this one! Hobbit is also incredible to watch someone play it, the immersion is something I have never seen in a pin thus far.

Honorable mention for me is Star Trek 2013 the sounds are outta this world good and they used those movie assets to the fullest. Makes you feel like you're flying around in the Enterprise while playing.

#1406 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

which stream is first... the pro or premium?! How much longer until they're on twitch!?

Premium/LE tonight at 5 pm cdt!!!! They just released an Iron Man teaser video too that looks incredible!!!!

If you don't know your timezone conversion it's 6 hours from now! lol

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10158846573384244

#1420 3 years ago

^^^^ 1 hour and 50 mins until it goes live, lol!

#1487 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I couldn’t get an answer on the stream. Is there CO-OP ?? Yes or NO ? Not a deal breaker if it’s not, just a cool feature if available

No Co-op and they were definitely 100% annoyed people even asked the question.

I have a lot of mixed feelings right now on how everything went. I think what people are saying about how it's so serious it almost takes the fun out of the game. That is what I'm feeling right now.

#1606 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

When it comes to pinball, I'm totally not a deep rules guy. I like a nice shooter and something easy to understand off the bat. It doesn't mean don't add depth, it just means have a good starting point so anyone can walk up and play it.
I think that is done here and will likely be polished up to be more friendly to everyone.
The biggest issue with the stream last night is that you have a game that was set up VERY difficult (said so on stream).
Add in you have the best players in the world (literally)
And they know the deeper objectives to go for so are strategizing what to do.
This takes away the luster for the non-pro player as it now screams difficult.
This in my opinion is just an illusion of the stream.
Wait until jack danger plays it solo, without major depth to startegy due to lack of game knowledge. He is an amazing player, a great showman, and will rehype you into loving the game.
I think we all go into the reveal expecting fireworks, but without knowing what to look for you may not get the feeling of what it's actually like to play.

Exactly how I feel and it was enough to push me away from the game. I don't understand setting it up so hard that normal ramp shots take super precision just to shorten game times, why not just drain on purpose after a few mins? Doesn't mean I won't come back around, but for now I pulled my pre-order and I'm ok getting it down the road.

#1667 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I mean, if stern will spring for it, I'm game. HAHA

Just strap a go pro to your chest with duct tape!

#1822 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I haven’t touched a pro yet.
Going in early to learn all I can!

You da man! Always appreciate your passion and positivity when it comes to pinball in general. I've been watching you for over a year on stream and you play a huge role into if I get a machine or not. Your experience and the way you look at games is important to me as an average joe!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ironman8bit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin?tu=ironman8bit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.