Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #143 What we know 29th August Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Post #2643 Stern fix for subway hangups right before VUK Posted by Fezmid (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider head_boss_hog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2549 3 years ago

I got to play AIQ LE at a buddy's home. Initially, the videos of the game looked underwhelming. However, after playing, i believe this game, especially the prem/LE, is Elwin's SECOND best game. IMDN is the Best by Elwin IMO. I played at least 20 games.

My experience with AIQ is that it is a very challenging game, at least for a player of my skill. I am average at best. If I were a better player, and able to be more of a sharpshooter, this game would be my favorite, because there are so many shots. the PF is chock full of fun opportunities to hit satisfying shots. the third flipper is VERY well imtegrated; there are a bunch of really satisfying shots from that flipper. the ramps are amazing. the ball is all over the place. i really love the right and left orbit shots. to the left, it is a quick loop return to the pops in the upper left PF. the right loop hits a backpanel ramp returning to the right flipper. I love that shot!

the game has far less flow than IMDN, however. Perhaps due to my lack of skill, but it does NOT flow like Maiden at all. If you are a top level player, this is your game. the better you are, the funner it is.

I really did not like the FAT ramp in the middle. Even on clean shots, it seems to klunk and rattle all the way up the ramp. I like the voice work on the game, alot. the art by ZY is different this time. I believe ZY was restricted by the licensor on this game. He had to adjust his style a bit, especially when comparing the TMNT and IMDN art. you can tell he was forced to "duplicate" marvel comics instead of interpreting the art his own way. thats kind of a bummer for me, because ZY's special sauce is limited on this art package.

overall, a great game, which will sell well in any market. Elwin is the best designer at Stern by far.

1 month later
#2696 3 years ago

I put a bunch of games on the LE and Pro at this point, and honestly, I think the Pro is the way to go, especially with the money saved. the Pro shoots very well, and the best shots are available on the Pro. The upper flipper is amazing, and the inner loop is killer.

the premium right vertical ramp is neat, but not that awesome after playing it. I like the Pro hook spinner shot instead of the vert ramp.
The sound on this game is average, as well as the music. The art and PF design shine here though.

One interesting note is that Elwin departed in this design from his typical (two games so far) inclusion of Playfield elements closer to the flippers. So, this game is a lot more long shots when compared to IMDN and JP2. I really love how he designed the right loop to upper ramp return to flipper. I love those types of shots (very brian eddy like). the up post above the upper flipper is brilliant. Elwin really knows how to ensure that the upper flippers are frequently used, which adds to the value. AIQ is a very neat design, especially if you are a better than average player. If you are a master pinballer, then this game is an absolute gem. hitting those long narrow shots is ultra satisfying!! and the wide ramp is a nice fun easy shot.

Overall, this game is great, but I'm not sure it's better than IMDN. I own IMDN Prem, so I am biased. I suppose IMDN just has better art and sound than AIQ which bumps it up for me. Also, on AIQ, Zombie Yeti was obviously forced to "tweak" his artistic style/flair to please the licensor. It is still obviously ZY, but you can tell he was made to craft the art to match the comics more closely than he would have done had he been given the green light to do the art HIS way. on IMDN and TMNT, the opposite is true. those games have PURE ZY art, the way he wanted to draw it, albeit guided by the licensor's samples. ZY was permitted to use his personal style throughout. AIQ still has good art, but IMDN, TMNT, DP, and GB are better representations of PURE ZY awesomeness when compared to AIQ art. Do you guys agree that ZY changed his style a bit for this game? look closely, and you will see some discrepancies in his art style for AIQ.

I was going to buy a PRO of this game NIB, but GNR got released, so I changed my mind. I wanted to buy a "slower" game like GNR because I own a couple very fast games already, and I need to keep the variety coming. someday, I suppose I may buy the pro if it comes at a decent price, but for now, I can play it on location and with friends who own it and still enjoy and appreciate the game.

#2710 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I almost bought a Pro also but the best shots are not on the pro i feel. When the disk raises to lock a ball for modes or to start or end a mode is great and is one of the most satisfying shots on the game. Without the subway and raising disk its just not the same game in my opinion. I played mine with the subway off and just felt completely lacking. Also the Marvel ramp shot when hit clean is one of the best ramp shots ever but you got to keep the playfield waxed and hit it precisely . Plus the VUK out of the subway missing on the Pro also completes the premium/le package. This is a title you can tell the original design was the Premium/LE.
On the art i love ZY work, hes the BEST in the business hands down! i dont feel he changed his style, he matched the comic books or cartoon on Disney+ which all looks great. GB still my favorite work hes done and DP i think is his worst but only cause its to washed out red looking.

You are right, the disk is pretty neat, and subway is a good integration. But for me, as ambivalent as I am with the license, I don't feel like the Pro is lacking, as you have stated. I think my perspective is based on how enjoyable the pro PF is without the adders, and the things they were able to fit into the Pro PF is pretty substantial, especially when compared to other recent releases by Stern, Spooky, and even AP.

I'm surprised you have said ZY didn't change his style for this game. I feel like there are "sharper" and more bold "lines" on AIQ art, when compared with other titles, which have what I'd consider "softer" lines and more cartoonish feel (not so "comic book" like). I agree with you that DP is not his best art; it's way too RED !!

The PF designs which are provided on the Pro model are really neat, kinda like the Pro JP. They were able to offer a decent value game here. the "bells and whistles" which are available for a bit more are all about the buyer. Does the buyer really love those additional features?? if so, then they are in a position to judge the value. If this game is a keeper for your collection (bolted to the floor), then I'd say go Premium, because of the more intricate aspects provided, and the additional variety that those items provide to the experience of the player.

I hope you love the Premium; it's a great game!

#2719 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I havent played a Pro but im sure it shoots great. It missing the subway is a big hit against it though. When the disk spins and raises opens its like Dr Strange opening up a portal and then when you shoot the ball into the raised disk you go into the portal. How does the Pro handle this, i havent watched any Pro gameplay in awhile but when i turn off the subway it shoots up right ramp and stops on up post i think? The premium/le I guess you could say has more life under the glass with the addons.
Art wise i think ZY does a different style on every title with little tweaks to go along with the license but they all look like his work. Ill check out the sharper bold lines later on today see if i notice it more now that youve said it.
Bolted to the floor isnt my style, all games get old after i make it to the end of them or find design flaws like games that the ball comes out of pops then SDTM. Im more a Pro buyer on most titles and usually prefer less clutter on playfield like GB pro vs premium or GOT pro vs premium where i prefered the pros over the premiums but this AIQ i splurged a bit since my 2 little guys love avengers and watched the complete series on Disney+.
Someday ill get a chance to play a AIQ pro and ill get back to ya on how it plays compared to the premium but im sure both play awesome. The more i play and understand the gems and how to use them is really making the game shine! Hope they give us some more callouts and put Thanos back in soon.

I love that you splurged on the Premium for your little ones. I would do the same exact thing. I'm sure they're thrilled to play it! what a blessing. I hope to see a theme which my kids will be drawn to, and I will buy that game straight away if they are!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 16.00
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 16.50
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider head_boss_hog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin?tu=head_boss_hog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.