Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #143 What we know 29th August Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Post #2643 Stern fix for subway hangups right before VUK Posted by Fezmid (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

I can't think of a worse theme for pinball than Led fucking Zeppelin.

I can and way too many to mention have already been made into pinball machines. It looks like Stern is going to keep steady with bad themes. Jaws? good theme, Zeppelin? Ok well I'm more a Sabbath kind of guy but its better than Avengers. The call outs are already hurting me deep in my soul and I haven't even heard them yet.

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

Spooky does a pretty good job selling original themes. If they didnt limit a production of 500, dont you think they would have sold more?

No. They know what they are capable of selling based on their track record. Rick and Morty is probably the first pin where they could have gone past that 500 mark, and you know why?

#210 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I prefer the comic book style but I’m also someone who doesn’t like the avenger movies

I agree. The real issue here will be the voice acting and call outs. Sterns track record sucks in this department.

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

I prefer comic art 100% for super hero themes

I prefer it for every theme. I have a SW comic edition and it looks amazing. The art in the latest Sterns has been fantastic.

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Sure if that’s your taste, but based on SM and SW comic versions, Distro’s are still sitting on stock.

Well I think if u don't already own SW's ur going comic book as for SM, the art kinda sucks and the music/callouts are horrendous.

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

Now if we could just a Batman Comic themed pin......

That or this.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
#307 3 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Why is people still ranting on about the absence of movie/tv footage in games? It doesn't work

It worked quite well in Sw's. It works if its done right, it doesn't work if u have clips then no actual audio, it doesn't work if u have a shitty theme to begin with. Couldn't be happier that this is based on the comics and I might actually buy one as a result, only one factor scares me and I hate to sound like a broken record, actually I don't care, the call outs are the concern here for me. I would prefer something more like Maiden. Use the characters and great animations with zero voice work via the Avengers. I don't want to hear terrible Hulk quotes and rotten C America sayings etc. I know that won't happen and most of u don't want it to happen but it would much better for me.

#312 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The people who want this game can just go buy AFM, which is possibly the most perfect execution of "alien invasion" sci-fi theme that will ever be made.

What? That is serious crappola.
I'll give u that its the current best jokey style alien invasion pin but to say "that will ever be made" is crap. An Alien Invasion pin needs to be raw and a little violent. A thriller with elements of horror and suspense. Alien from Heighway while a disappoint from the manufacturing side is already for me 10x better than AFM.

#316 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'll double down that there is no reason to ever make another humorous take on an alien invasion (or medieval times)

U can't double down when u are now adding the word "humorous" Heres the thing when Arcades were big in the 90's and families were going to arcades it made sense but now as most of us are 30 to 50 or so buying pins for our houses who the hell wants a funny "Alien Invasion" pin? I know, and it makes me so sad.

#367 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

WAY better than Black Panther

I'll tell ya a movie of just water boiling for 2hrs would have been better than that piece of crap. Man expectations these days on the quality of film and music is so low that shit sells and mediocrity is labelled masterpiece. Sad

#370 3 years ago

Wrong 5'2"

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

but it just wasn't a good movie.

This guy can explain that better than we can.

#744 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Interesting as I am of the exact opposite opinion. Really liking the short turn around spinner shot like from
BW.

I agree.

Quoted from taylor34:

But frankly, what concerns me more about this game than anything else is the voiceovers.

Same here, I'm gonna have to wait and hear this game in action. If its anywhere near as bad as X men or GOTG I'll have to wait till it gets fixed.

#808 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

newb to veteran?

Not very much at all, they want to sell pins and there's a set number that they can't go below. I've bought many many machines from Player 1 and its a struggle to get free delivery let alone a deal on price. Good luck.

#1043 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Pretty funny looking at these mechs side by side. The Circus Voltaire from 23 years ago is beyond superior in looks, quality and complexity when you put them side by side. The stern mech looks so cheap.

That took longer than I thought but I knew it was coming.
I agree it isn't memorizing in any way but you can't compare them really. What would u do have Thanos's head wobbling around, taunting u. Wait a minute I like that actually, well maybe not the wobbling. No keep the wobbling. I'm in

#1044 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I do wish lori illusion or some other modder would make a gauntlet like this.....

Oh they will. I'm sure the modders started salivating when they saw that gauntlet.

His father was a modder.
His Mother was a modder.
What did i just say?

#1221 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No, but if you are happy with it then its worth it to you.

Some might say that's a contradictory statement sir and I'm one of them

Worth is relative to the individual. I see no value in so many things others deem worth it. That applies to lots of things outside the material world as well, like marriage. LE's for me are for dream themes and even then. Personally I don't like armor or toppers or shakers so it would have to be real great to move from Pro, and Pres to an LE.

#1303 3 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I'll definitely be watching the reveal stream to see how everything ties in.

Me too.
That will decide whether I'm an early adopter or holding off for a year, mostly to let someone repair the call outs, that's whats making me nervous. So far there hasn't been a Superhero game where the call outs couldn't be used to jump start a vomit.

#1329 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Deadpool call outs are great.

Not to me.
JMO

#1347 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

I’m just proposing that animations versus the real deal from Marvel Studios isn’t even a fair contest.

That's really a matter of taste. I don't watch Marvel films very much and actually prefer this style. OG animations with hopefully at least decent voice work. SW thus far for me has been the only real great recent Stern with clips from the film and that's cause it used the actual audio that goes with it. I wouldn't own the game if it was clips from the film with voice overs. In my opinion if u not going to use the OG audio with real movie clips then keep it comic style. Even that usually fails for me. Its all taste my friend. Do realize some pinsiders actually like how GOTG turned out. Or worse SM vault. I don't feel well now.

#1371 3 years ago

Yeah, dump the Beatles Gold and buy something else.

#1374 3 years ago
Quoted from sven:

if animations can't be made to the level of JJP games

#1411 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I really like the IMDN animations and what they did with the LCD screen. And callouts/voice actors are some of the best I've ever heard. Great package!

Agree 100%. I said in a previous post maybe in this thread. I would be fine with those same voice actors from maiden with little to nothing in the way of character call outs. Its always been bad and always tedious after a dozen or so plays. Just think about Xmen, wait don't, I just did and went down to one knee thinking about it, I can't breathe.

#1412 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

I think the animations are either going to be Good enough or possibly really bring down the hype for the game. Im hoping they are good enough.

Come on as long as they aren't atrocious who cares. Its the music and voice work/ call outs that will affect it the most.

#1483 3 years ago

Well its not for me. I'll play it when I can but that's about it.

#1484 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Still looks like an awesome layout but this game just isn’t speaking to me.

I was hoping Keith would go another direction with it but its got that terrible Stern superhero looks like it was made for a 10 year old vibe. That's a shame.

#1510 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

But I just can’t see Elwin designing a clunker

He didn't. Gameplay is there for sure but its a let down for me when it comes to style. I have a sneaking suspicion the call outs are gonna be bad, real bad.

#1924 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Stream should have just removed the player camera if everyone is just going to wear masks.

remove it anyway. Who the hell wants look at those guys?

#1940 3 years ago

Man that translite on the Pre is stunning. I want a poster of that. This won't be popular but after watching the streams I'm liking the Pro. The game in general isn't for me, theme and thus far the audio aren't my taste but I think after the Pros come on the used market its gonna be worth buying and playing this game, shots and rules looks great.

204-avengers-infinity-quest (resized).jpg204-avengers-infinity-quest (resized).jpg

#1945 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Well now you gone and done it. Gotta make my face cam bigger now.

Not u kind sir. I mean I don't need to see ur mug but at least u have some personality. Just kill the costumes.

#2005 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You just battle other characters or ninjas by shooting lit shots

Yeah that's the story and its great. What do u want a novel?

#2041 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How TF can anyone think this game was a repurposed theme park or skateboarding design?!?!? Who TF is making theme park themes these days?!?! Who TF is making skateboard themed games? How TF did anyone make that leap of logic?

I've said it before.

"Fuckfacitis"

Theres no cure either, theres no prosthetic for this condition and it can last for years and years.
Just go to JJP thread.

#2101 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:You just managed to be obtuse and patronizing in the same statement. Impressive.

Maybe all the elevated co2 levels from that muzzle wearing?

What the hell does this have to do with what flip said. Does anyone have a clue?

4 weeks later
#2375 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Best gameplay video

Holy Shit.
I'm not an Avengers guy but damn if its that exciting to watch then I might have to grab a Pro in a few months just to play for a while.

#2394 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

what you need is a slayer version

Yes please. With better voice over work and I'm in.

#2461 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Shockingly (to me at least) Stern doesn't do this temp testing.

I don't find it shocking considering this is the first of heard of any issues with heat and coils and flipper strength. I've owned many Sterns and B/W and DE etc. never had an issue with the flippers feeling weak after a long amount of gameplay. I have to adjust the leaf switch or clean the contacts on used older pins I've bought and change the odd coil but on already serviced used pin or NIB pin, never had any issues.

#2463 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, Lord of the Rings is FAMOUS for coil fade and that's Stern, so...

Really.
Maybe it happens and I don't even realize it. I had an hr long game of LOTR once and don't remember anything. I've have several Sterns with games lasting quite long TWD, ST, Maiden to name a few and never noticed this.

#2484 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Few picks of my pre with mirror blades,I had them on hand until I found some art but I am keeping them in the game

Wow that looks great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nixa, MO
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.