Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #143 What we know 29th August Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Post #2643 Stern fix for subway hangups right before VUK Posted by Fezmid (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evileye.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

FWIW... Fortnite launched a massive (and I mean massive) comic book themed marvel integration.... yesterday. So I’d say that a comic themed Marvel pin is still pretty relevant.
Also... this Thor photo from the Stern trailer looks very similar to the Fortnite version.[quoted image]

That’s the comic book version of Thor. Definitely feel like this pin is at least loosely based on the comic book version of the Infinity Gauntlet storyline. I don’t see it having any of the actors or movie clips.

I’m excited to see more.

#679 3 years ago

Out of room, but after watching that trailer I need it. Dukfciykxduyxuzjhtxzjtzjttz!!!!

#784 3 years ago

Still waiting to hear back from my distributor on this, but has anyone heard when the accessories will drop? I assume soon-ish as they actually made a reveal video for them alone. Never seen that before.

#885 3 years ago

Agree with everyone that the Gauntlet needs to be modded, but not to the movie version (although I’m sure that will be the popular opinion). It should look like the one in the comics.

Also, the gems are white with LED’s behind them. I wonder why they didn’t color the stones, unless those LED’s are RGB?

#886 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Little shop of games has it listed at an estimated price of $599 but no release date yet, Stern part number 502-7131-00.
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/toppers/stern-toppers/avengers-assemble-infinity-quest-topper-officially-licensed-stern-pinball-machine-product-502-7131-00/
Elvira topper topper also listed as coming soon at the bargain price of $999.

Thank you, sir. $600 seems to be the new baseline for toppers. But $1,000? That’s ludicrous.

I’m hearing the accessories will be available in 1-2 months.

Quoted from Budman:

The spinning disc on the Premium is cool but would like to hear the design team discuss how they have made and tested it to withstand a ball crashing into it in the up position( looks fragile) as well as how it will remain flush to the playfield when down.

Isn’t this how Circus Voltaire is done? It rises up and gets hit with balls too. Has anyone had issues with this holding up on CV?

DC2BE144-75A3-41B9-8701-976ACC4CBC51 (resized).pngDC2BE144-75A3-41B9-8701-976ACC4CBC51 (resized).png
#957 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s also a completely different set of materials. Can’t be compared imo.

Quoted from bobukcat:

Yeah, the ringmaster is mounted on a big ass metal spring that's designed to bend and move so it can throw the ball around. That little post the Strange spinner is mounted on looks a little fragile from the short videos but hopefully it's sturdier than it looks.

Not knocking that, definitely built differently, I was just figuring that technology has advanced since the 90's and they could make it as strong, or stronger, with less. But then again, if it's anything like my Stay Puft bracket, it will crack in a few months.

Quoted from Palmer:

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe they are RGB just so they can be used in full playfield light shows?

That's my thought as well.

#968 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The art blades on the LE seem to be the same as the accessory ones apart from ant-man/giant-man at the back left corner next to avengers tower ball lock.
Weird because the LE art blades are usually quite a lot different to the accessory art blades.

Side art and back glass are very similar too. Yeti said he was pressed for time while working on this game, I’m assuming this was a result of that.

#1142 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Why not? They did it with Munsters and Metallica. I bet it happens for the Premium.

AC/DC Luci, Star Wars Comic editions and more I’m forgetting I’m sure. I can totally see it happening too.

#1251 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I believe the side art is exclusive to the LE. The one you can buy is different.

Yup LE mirror back glass and inner art blades are always exclusive and differ from the ones sold to the public.

#1254 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Can you even buy a mirror backglass for the newer Stern games?
That is my reasoning for an LE - If I got a Premium I would want a piece of PDI glass and colored rails/legs - that is nearly $1000 delivered. Once you add in the side blades and the mirrored back glass it isn't that far of a reach, but to each their own.

Yeah that’s one thing you can’t replicate. The LE backglass isn’t offered to the public. Maybe if you broke yours Stern could replace it if you prove you own an LE, but even then I’m not sure. On this particular title the backglass and blade artwork are almost the same, so if yellow isn’t your color, or you want to save some bucks and don’t care about the limited number, then you can come close to an LE look by doing it yourself.

#1256 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I heard they won’t even replace that unless you mail back a bag of the broken glass. Haha

Wow, talk about making damn sure, haha

#1267 3 years ago

Nice man, thanks for putting that together. I would now say that some parts are similar but they are different enough, especially the hero side.

#1331 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Not one has come up local or within a distance I am willing to drive, they are all priced silly because of scarcity (many over new pricing), and I don't pay $500 to ship used Sterns anyway.

100% this. You can find Pro’s often, you’ll even find LE’s soon after that, but for whatever reason the premium version of most titles are very hard to come by. I’ve been looking for a GOTG premium for a long time and based on the want ads that get posted here I’m not alone. The premium versions don’t get produced for the entire lifecycle like the pro’s do. Seriously considering buying AIQ NIB because of this.

#1694 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

When it comes to pinball, I'm totally not a deep rules guy. I like a nice shooter and something easy to understand off the bat. It doesn't mean don't add depth, it just means have a good starting point so anyone can walk up and play it.
I think that is done here and will likely be polished up to be more friendly to everyone.
The biggest issue with the stream last night is that you have a game that was set up VERY difficult (said so on stream).
Add in you have the best players in the world (literally)
And they know the deeper objectives to go for so are strategizing what to do.
This takes away the luster for the non-pro player as it now screams difficult.
This in my opinion is just an illusion of the stream.
Wait until jack danger plays it solo, without major depth to startegy due to lack of game knowledge. He is an amazing player, a great showman, and will rehype you into loving the game.
I think we all go into the reveal expecting fireworks, but without knowing what to look for you may not get the feeling of what it's actually like to play.

Agree with this. I suck at pinball, and I’m not worried about the Marvel ramp too much. It was definitely setup steep and difficult, you can see it and they confirmed it too.

Love how the gamma spinner mode looks and sounds, love the Hawkeye shot, and the mode with the limited flips. I do agree with others and wish there was more Thanos though. Again, I suck and I’ll never get to battle him, but I wish I could see and hear more of him at least.

#1779 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

nobody cares about pinball streams...sorry guys. they sell exactly zero machines, and i find it hard to believe anyone actually cancelled their l.e. after seeing one...
stop pretending marketing and advertising actually matter in pinball, it's a pat on the back waste of time lets be honest here. we're plunking down 9k cuz we saw jack danger in a mask showing off a new pin? cmon...

678AA161-5D0A-49F3-8684-4BED049FC9B2 (resized).jpeg678AA161-5D0A-49F3-8684-4BED049FC9B2 (resized).jpeg
#1780 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Streams are how I decide to buy all my games. I live far away from major cities, so I can't play games in the wild.
Streaming of games is a huge resource for me.

Exactly this. I live in a major city and I still can’t play games in the wild. Pandemic or otherwise. NYC could not care less about pinball, apparently.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

The only thing that annoyed me about the stream is that the guys act like they can’t be bothered to answer a question. The co-op question is a good example.

They did answer that question near the start of the stream. They just didn’t answer it again the next 100 times it was asked. It clearly annoyed them.

#1783 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Exactly, you absolutely cannot appear to be annoyed at your fans/potential customers because they are asking a question. It’s a shit attitude and a terrible look. If there are no plans for co op just say it! If you think it will hurt sales commit to add the feature later and say that!

I can agree with that. They also reacted similarly to folks bagging on the trophy system. Gotta listen to the people when it’s reoccurring to that extent.

2 months later
#2599 3 years ago

Totally agree with the comments on the “main screen”. That has to go. At the absolute least it should just be a wallpaper of the Avengers with the score in huge font on top of it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.00
10,250 (OBO)
$ 16.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
London, ON
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evileye.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin?tu=evileye and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.