4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,728 posts
  • 507 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Onwallst
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 235 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6067 (resized).jpeg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)
20201230_195950 (resized).jpg
20201230_121407 (resized).jpg
20201230_103902 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201130_133120_905 (resized).jpg
IMG_9548.JPG
20201129_093407 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #143 What we know 29th August Posted by NeilMcRae (4 months ago)

Post #2643 Stern fix for subway hangups right before VUK Posted by Fezmid (25 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#181 4 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Avengers Endgame is the biggest grossing movie of all time

It’s not “Endgame”. It’s not the MCU. It’s the comics. Avengers: Infinity War.

Which, IMHO, is a good thing. In the LCD era, live action licenses are a lot harder to do properly. It’s not like you can go film new bits specific to pinball or the modes you need or whatever.

#196 4 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Also saves mega money not having to licence all those actors likeness and voices.

This is a huge factor. Everyone’s face you can see, everyone’s voice you can hear; that’s another contract.

#567 4 months ago
Quoted from McKT:

it’s just simple coding to make such a great feature standard.

Nothing in pinball is simple.

#579 4 months ago
Quoted from JRM1:

I don't see in the trailer what the video display looks like. Are there photos/video of what that's like?

Either not ready yet, or not through approvals yet, or both.

#735 4 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

If you look at the features matrix, stern lists in the "LE ONLY" section that the cabinet artwork is unique to the LE model. Yet, in the pictures, the LE and Premium have the same artwork. Am I misunderstanding something??

The background behind Thanos on the cabinet is different between the premium and LE, and I think he backbox sides are different.

#958 4 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Playfield posts hold up by being extremely secure w/o play. Normally a 1/4" post secured by almost 1/2" of tight contact in the PF hole. Screwed in posts are known to fail because they don't have enough support. People aren't worried about a steel rod itself breaking.. but worried about how it's supported. It's about something long and skinny taking ball hits and what that does to where it's attached. Look at the disc in the video

The underside is curved to re-direct the force, my dude.

#1104 4 months ago
Quoted from Meegis:

The rollercoaster look of the captain marvel ramp is still my favourite thing to see in the pics.
Just wow!

I didn’t notice until today that it goes over and then under the ramp that feeds the upper flipper. I’m very observant.

#1106 4 months ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Maybe Captain america is the ball save animation?

The ball save light is his shield, so - probably.

#1346 4 months ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

(and please do not try to argue this is a comic game)

LOLWUT? Imagine being so asinine as to not acknowledge that Marvel comics existed LONG before “marvel studios” and that all the stories being told in the MCU are sourced from the comics from YEARS before. This is some flat-earth level bonkers.

Sure, the MCU brought more popularity to the characters and stories, but this is not a “Movie Game”. And it’s a HUGE BENEFIT to pinball that it is not. Licensing actual movie assets and the actors within is a damn mine-field of massive expenses with what you need for a game with an LCD screen — and then on top of that you’re horribly hamstrung by what resources you have to work with.

#1739 4 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Put a GoPro on your Nose!

GoPro ball gag?

#1741 4 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Interested to see how the whole moving your gems around works on the pro. On the premium the saucer keeps the ball still while doing that, but on the pro, it looks like you just hit a Pym standup and back into play. Game looks great. Looking forward to the pro stream. It'll be pro for me, if I get one eventually.

Raymond said the post by the avenger tower holds it for the gem shifting on the pro - so, different shot.

#1979 4 months ago

After watching a bit of the pro VOD - I kinda want a pro-mium version. Keep the lifting ring and subway, but lose the marvel ramp for the second spinner.

/shrug

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 7,699.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Seattle, WA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside