Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #143 What we know 29th August Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Post #2643 Stern fix for subway hangups right before VUK Posted by Fezmid (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

I can't think of a worse theme for pinball than Led fucking Zeppelin.

Home improvement.

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

they surely know that there are tons of people out there that will buy an original theme, that are tired of the same ol same ol.

Sure about that? Name one original theme that has sold well in the past decade.

#118 3 years ago

Brad gets injured and ruins his soccer career wizard mode.

#123 3 years ago

Holy shit!! That’s horrible. Didn’t realize had cancer for years.

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I will never respect a grown man that uses the word butthurt. Get a fuckin thesaurus.

Ass damage

#151 3 years ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

Spooky does a pretty good job selling original themes. If they didnt limit a production of 500, dont you think they would have sold more? You seem to be a pretty big fan of VOL. Do you not think that if Stern were to put assets into something like that, that it would sell like hotcakes? I most certainly do.

I’ll believe it when I seen it. I fully believe that everyone that wants a TNA has one.

LOV is incredible. But I’m one person. It’s not like the videos of that have thousands and thousands of views and the thread for it is exploding. If LOV got picked up, I could see it doing better than any other original theme before it for sure.

#227 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I wonder how the video assets are going to be for this title. I really prefer when they have licensed video instead of Stern creating original video. That’s really my only concern. I’m sure Keith will design an amazing layout with fun code.

I expect it to be just like Jurassic park.

#243 3 years ago

Unfortunately those aren’t the games that sell and Stern is in the business of selling games.

#269 3 years ago

They did a solid job on stranger things as well. As long as you have free reign on the clips, sound bites and all the actors, it usually works out fine. If you can’t get all that, then the JP or Deadpool Route is the way to go imo.

#360 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

You're assuming there's a delay

Plenty of us have evidence. Trust us.

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Does the Avenger's tower hold three balls for a physical lock? Both videos only showed one ball ever in there.

Looks to be virtual.

#461 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I dont see many feature differences less the raising dr strange spinner and subway. Im in for a used pro next year!

The marvel inverted ramp, VUK from the subway with wireform return.

#524 3 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Wow. Talk about major mic drop by Stern. Bravo. So glad to finally see Elwin on a theme I like. Can't wait.
Also, that Premium looks damn amazing, but I'm fine with going Pro on this one as well. Am I the only one? lol

I’ve had a blast on both pro versions of Keith’s. I’m sure this will be no different.

#563 3 years ago

I did have a lot of trouble dialing in a flight 2k lock mech. I’m sure this is fine though.

#611 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Who is on rules ?? LEs sold out ??

Keith on rules.

The lock mech under the playfield seems just like flight 2k.

#614 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m now finding out how gut wrenching this hobby can be .Long story but I have 2 pins and I’m down to if I want this NIB I have to sell my IMDNprem .Ive only had it since June and am a Maiden fan plus I’m into Egyptian art .I just went downstairs n played a couple now I’m gonna sleep on it tonight .Im ok w the comic book theme personally as the artwork is brilliant ,but all signs point at this being a “players classic”.Wow!!! So much to unpack here .Any help would be appreciated as I’m a newb as of March this year and don’t want to get giddy.

My best advice. SLOW down. This game will be produced for years. Go to Fort Wayne and put some good time on it. Jump in later if you still want it. They will be available left and right new and used for a very long time. I’ve been collecting for over 6 years and have only bought 3 NIB games. It’s awesome, but better to be patient and not regret having to sell something you currently love.

#615 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I guess I mean who is the programmer ?

The same guy he has used on his other games. Nagle I think is his name.

#670 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

The mad man did it. They made a game to rival the wireforms of Baywatch.
wow.
Premium/LE is gonna be HUGE. I can't imagine people are going to look at the layouts and go for Pro if they have the means for Premium.

Definitely going pro if I get one. I’ve seen both games. Haha. Just not a dream theme and if the game blows me away and becomes a keeper I’ll get a used premium way down the road.

#675 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Dibs on your used Pro

It will probably be 3-4 years old and have 10k plays on it. Cool?

#687 3 years ago

Stern does a great job on the LE side blades. And they are high quality too. Does anyone know if the accessory art blades are of the same material?

#705 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I really like that the bottom of the pf isn't littered with inserts. That lower Avengers artwork is incredible! The minimalist Infinity stone inserts in the middle look perfect to me.
Hoping this equates to a slightly simpler rule set lol.

Haha. Keep dreaming.

#748 3 years ago
Quoted from dino69:

In my opinion, removing the captain marvel ramp is mutilating the pro model, they should enhance the premium model or remove toys on pro model, only toys, but not remove a central ramp, that ramp is the largest and most spectacular novelty that I have seen since Jurassic park, of course I have totally lost interest in this pinball and will buy a dead pool pro.
[quoted image]

Haha. That short post took me on a rollercoaster of emotions.

#749 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

i would say no. i got tilt ones for jp. wasn't that impressed with putting them on. a PIA. i think the ones i have on the le dp seem like better material

I meant the stern ones not a mod company. The LE stern blades are almost As thick as grip tape.

#753 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Tilt are basically paper. I didnt even use them. Poor product. Pingraffix are a nice material and easy to install but Stern uses the studiest material imo. Very good product and makes install very easy (after letting everything lie flat for a while first)

Sweet. So all Stern art blades are the same material it sounds like. Thanks.

#839 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m not sure how the 3x3 grid works relating to the drop targets. If you need to hit a specific target to light a specific insert etc.

Been talking with friends on this. Currently theory based on info from Keith:

Each row cycles the inserts like TWD. Hit the drop for the row to lock in the award. When you clear the bank the three awards that were locked in are awarded. If you make a bingo line, the LCD awards another award as well.

#842 3 years ago

Prepare to be disappointed. This game is going to be just like JP and Maiden imo.

Taking three drop targets and adding that much weight to them is awesome. Can’t wait to see more.

There will be plenty of stuff close to the start button like his other games I’m sure.

#887 3 years ago

It’s also a completely different set of materials. Can’t be compared imo.

#1004 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Yeah, I disagree, there can be depth to code, but I thought JP was overly complicated, just to be overly complicated...No guests came over and were like, Oh, I get it...It's confusing, period...You really can't tell me otherwise. It literally took me a couple months and watching Elwin's overview to really get it; but you have the set trap shots and the Missile shot that were so important in the game, and just didn't feel good; I'm sorry, they don't. The helipad and mission control shots were clunky too...That pin should've been a widebody, but I digress.
But that's my personal likes and dislikes, I hated TWD, sold it within a week, others here loved it.
No doubt Elwin has chops as a designer, but he's no Steve Ritchie yet

Something for everywhere. I’d stick to Lonnie and Tim sexton and whomever did Deadpool and it will probably be more up your alley.

#1040 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

So does this mean the King is on Zeppelin?

Always has been.

#1041 3 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Tim sexton will change your opinion on that statement to “stick with Lonnie” he has a mind for code as well but hasn’t had a shot to really show it beyond black knight thus far...

I feel you think my comment was negative. Wasn’t at all. Those three I mentioned have made very straight forward games. I was just suggesting to check out their games in the future if Keith’s are too complex for you.

Black Knight, Deadpool, guardians and Stranger Things are all great games.

#1057 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

but the Stern mech has "dual direction velocity detection"! Here I thought they couldn't top "Super Action Spinner".

Panzer has found his new “stern doesn’t code premium mechs” campaign. Haha

#1065 3 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I think the windowed subway is a cool gimmick. Has this been used ever before?
[quoted image]

Metallica

#1094 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I just got to watch in detail.
I didn't realize there was a ramp in the back/right orbit.
The features (Pinside) are counting the tower magnet lock as a ramp. I guess it is technically a ramp (incline plane) but it's not a strict definition of a ramp in my book because it doesn't lead to another level. But I do love ramps and this game half the shots it seems lead to ramps.
I just hope the spinning disc is free spinning. I dislike big bulky spinning toys that don't spin freely like the car on BM66. I'd like something that spins not as well as a true spinner but something that has good spinning action, on the video it seems well spinning at least on the pro with 10 spins from one hit.
Not sure if the subway stores the balls like Metallica or just dumps them out?.

Stores them. Same mech as F2K.

#1109 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Its hard to say how "staging" the balls will work in the rules, but the mech does look to be able to handle 3 separate balls.

It definitely stores three. Like I said, same mech as F2K. Stores three balls. Well, once the third is in, a multiball will start most likely.

#1112 3 years ago

I’ve never hit that lock. Didn’t realize. Haha

#1130 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I was wondering why the Premium and LE models have much of the same artwork. It seems Stern may have went away from the a Black Panther theme for the Premium at the last minute.

I thought ZY confirmed that due to a tight deadline they were not able to make three art packages.

#1132 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

surely they would have known about the time restraints before pushing out the feature matrix to distributors etc.

Or that was made before they scrapped the third art package.

#1134 3 years ago

Looks like this game will sell in bunches. Would be cool to see multiple premium or even pro art packages. Wishful thinking, but for later runs that would be awesome to see.

#1138 3 years ago

Would LOVE a Black Panther edition.

#1148 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

This will be my first NIB Stern as I am locked in on an LE but question on resale value. Not that I am looking to sell a pin I don’t even have yet but typically which of the two models, premium vs LE tend to drop more in used market? Seem to be both about the same like $1200-$1400 off retail but I looked at only a few titles. Realize this could vary by title but curious in what people’s experience had been.
As I said I am in on an LE but it was a tough call for me between LE and Premium. Not a huge fan of the yellow but can see myself adding most of the upgrades to the Premium (shaker, speaker, side art)

If you get the LE you could lose up to 2k plus on resale. Could be a lot less than that or could be more. Just the risk you take when buying anything NIB.

Pros tend to be the least volatile. 500-600 loss.

#1177 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Sooooo....why didn't they either wait a bit for the unveiling or state art pending, or just have two models?

Because they like to keep you on your toes.

#1179 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

This sounds incredibly awesome!
Battle for the Soul Gem Mini Wizard Mode
Qualified after one round of collection Avengers, this unique wizard tracks how many times you use your flippers, and you have to complete the mode under a certain number of flips to beat the mode.
You have seven or eight shots you have to hit but you have to do it with less than 40 flips. The flips countdown every time you flip. When you hit one of the shots it adds flips. The whole time you are in this mode the ball saver is running, but if you drain you lose a certain number of flips for you don’t want to let the ball drain. If you get through all the shots with flips remaining, then you get the SOUL GEM.

No doubt inspired by pinball olympics. Great idea!

Cue the people getting to this mode and thinking it’s a bug for the first year the game is out. Haha

#1180 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That really sucks.
All we can hope is that it’s some lame mode like JP. I really don’t want to be spending and extra $1200Aud for a topper that’s pretty ordinary.

I heard the mode is something you’re really going to want.

#1186 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Nup. I’ve decided I hate the mode already.

Sure? I heard it’s amazing.

#1197 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Careful what you wish for chuckwurt . Wait till they release the $1999 Stranger Things topper that unlocks a Mega Demigorgan Vs Eleven Psychokinetic Multiball.
Or even worse they sell you a topper that unlocks a special UV light mode......

Ooooo. Worth it.

#1217 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

I don´t think you get away with 100$ for the LE speaker upgrade.

The LE speakers are like 40-50 bucks.

#1232 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Your math is close, and the mirrored backglass probably can't be bought separate unless you own an LE.

I believe the side art is exclusive to the LE. The one you can buy is different.

#1239 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I believe they showed the LE blades in the mods for sale video they posted. Either that or they are very similar.

Yeah maybe it’s not the same with each game too. STH has different ones for the LE and on the store for sure.

#1255 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Maybe if you broke yours Stern could replace it if you prove you own an LE, but even then I’m not sure.

I heard they won’t even replace that unless you mail back a bag of the broken glass. Haha

#1257 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Wow, talk about making damn sure, haha

Yeah. I buddy of mine bought a can crusher that the previous owner broke the backglass. Stern wouldn’t even sell my buddy a new glass unless he sent back the broken original. Too bad the previous owner threw it out so now he just has a bootleg printed on poster board backglass. Haha

#1260 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I actually broke my JP LE backglass. Submitted photos and they sent a new one out. $350

So was it a legit backglass or just a translite glued to glass? Always wondered.

#1262 3 years ago

Cool. Thanks for confirming.

#1293 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Was I the only one that was completely caught off guard w this release? So much about TMNT, R&M, GNR...never even knew this was being speculated as the next cornerstone. ( Guess I've been absorbed in Alienland too long)...

It was a big surprise to everyone until really late in the game.

#1311 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Outside of the LE (at least in today's world), you pre-order just to get it some time in the near future. Effectively saving your spot in line. The last batch of JP premiums that got released from Stern, didn't even fill the waiting lists from distro's let alone take my new order. I had to drop a deposit and effectively pre-order it just to get in a line to get one in the future...and then they dropped AIQ lol.

You could’ve bought any number of used premiums by this point too.

#1336 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Is it me or does his rules seem easier to figure out? His games feel like they were well thought out from the very start. Love everything I am hearing about this game.

They aren’t easier to figure out, you just like his games enough to put the time in to learn them. That’s all it takes with even the most complex rulesets.

#1437 3 years ago
Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

Meh, after watching Keith play, game seems clunky, nothing really special. Not for me. But I'm sure it appeals to a lot of people. Nothing about it makes me want to buy it. Good for me, more money in my pocket. Sounds are good, animations are good, just, meh for me.

#1441 3 years ago

Doesn’t seem to have any specific modes that are in the premium that aren’t on the pro. Anyone know for sure?

#1489 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I couldn’t get an answer on the stream. Is there CO-OP ?? Yes or NO ? Not a deal breaker if it’s not, just a cool feature if available

I doubt it. Some challenge mode, but no co-op. Don’t count on it. Things can always change, but I’d be surprised.

#1542 3 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

What is flipper fade? Heat / weak after extended play?

Yep.

#1598 3 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Ok. So I think I figured out the rules. It’s actually not that complicated.
Main Quests:
Collect the Infinity Gems
Spin the Dr. Strange Portal to qualify the mode.
Shoot the portal to start the mode
Shots for the mode flash the color of the gem you’re collecting
If you beat the member of the Black Order you shoot a shot to collect the gem.
The next shot determines which play field shot the gem is placed on to get its benefits
Main Side Quest
Assemble the Avengers - similar to power features in Iron Maiden
If you accomplish all the activities on the LCD, you Assemble the Avengers and start a mini wizard mode.
Mini Quests
Hulk Rampage
Hawkeye Sharp Shooter Modes on the Upper Left Flipper
Computer Awards
Various Power ups or advantages to help with all of the above
Thor Multi-Ball
Started with x amount of hits to the Thor Captive Ball
Iron Man Multiball
Light Iron Inlanes to light the lock at the tower
Shoot Tower to Lock a ball
I’m not 100% certain on these but it seems to be the framework in general

Yep. I agree. This seems to be the main structure of the code with many many tangents and nuisances within these areas to explore. Can’t wait to play this game. Looks so good.

#1601 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

The mini Hulk gamma spinner mode has great sounds and energy to it, hopefully more of these “moments” will come in during polishing.

The first avengers assemble mini wizard mode is pretty intense too with the limited flips.

#1612 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

. I forget what it was called but also like the mode where you loop shots from the upper flipper to the wide ramp.

I think that’s the super gauntlet mode. That’s badass too.

#1632 3 years ago

Started with spooky games. TMNT was the first stern to have it I believe.

#1636 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I wasn't offended, but I've never been a fan of seeing someone's head on the screen. I just prefer to see the game itself. So now that people are wearing masks, what's the point of seeing people on screen?

How would you fill all the rest of the space on the screen? The playfield can only take up the space it currently takes. LCD, then there’s probably 50-60% of the screen left after that.

#1637 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I can promise you, with the utmost confidence, this would not work/look good.
If you want a "Pinball Arcade" view, then the players can't actually play.
Simple as that.

Bowen seemed to do it fine. Unless I’m misunderstanding.

#1643 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Bowen is one person, of one height, of one playstyle.
Once you get different people who move, are taller/shorter, etc, this falls apart.

Yep. Harder with more people, but can still be done. Everyone is taller than 5ft so just need to have a tripod about 3-4” away from the front of the game and allow the player to stand behind it and look over it. Not the most comfortable for the player, but it can be done.

#1646 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I've done several broadcasts with a camera between my legs to show off the playfield for stranger things.
It sucks. I kick the damn thing ALLL the time. haha.

Yeah. Again, not easy but can be done. Much much easier to not try it as there’s a lot that can go wrong with a camera angle like that.

#1648 3 years ago

This is what it would look like. As long as your arms aren’t super short, should be fine. But if you’re an animated player, you’ll have to chillax a bit.

EEAC8A36-A8A9-4AD1-840E-319E53B1C0CA (resized).jpegEEAC8A36-A8A9-4AD1-840E-319E53B1C0CA (resized).jpeg
#1650 3 years ago

I will definitely try some streams like this sans player cam and see what people think. Stranger things is good candidate too.

#1654 3 years ago

Great job Keith. Really excited for this. The big Game/TWD/Ripleys Grid might be my favorite part. So cool to have all that packed into 3 drops.

#1656 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

tbh i could not play with that. I'm fairly active while playing. Straining some muscles during play is absolutely possible
that thing would fall over in Ball 1

Yeah it’s easy to have this idea, but when you see it in practice, or try yourself, it’s not comfortable. If it was, this would most likely be a standard cam angle for streams.

#1675 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

My crude home brew rig using an iPhone as the camera that clamps in the gooseneck holder. The camera is just a little behind the lock down bar and in front of my chest. Nothing is in the way of my legs or in front of me. This gives me the best view for anyone watching when I stream on a Facebook group. Gets the entire play field and the DMD or LCD screen in the frame with a slightly more POV versus top down.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You should always angle your camera up the playfield to give a more POV look than straight down, but it’s still nothing like a true POV angle.

#1687 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

So the sewer doesn't lock balls for multi-ball? It just passes one ball along to the VUK?
Odd...

Nope it locks them. You can make any mode up to a 3 ball multiball (with 3x scoring), by locking balls down there.

It holds balls just like F2K if you’re familiar with that.

#1690 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Time on the video showing this?
Everytime I saw it go in the sewer, it just passed it on spot to spot to the VUK.

They didn’t do it often but I saw at least one lock for sure. First hour.

#1720 3 years ago

Some FB convos talked about where the grid idea came from. TWD meets ripleys.

#1757 3 years ago
Quoted from calsheimer:

If I were stern (and clearly I'm not) I'd figure out a way to mount and wire a gopro style cam to the apron for glass off reveal streams.

Been there done that. Vibrations suck. Admittedly I didn’t use a go pro, but the shaking sucked.

#1759 3 years ago
Quoted from calsheimer:

good point! they've got engineers on staff tho, sure they can figure something out!

One stream the angle was so cool I just dealt with the shaking. It was BKSOR LE and I shoved a camera above the drain on the apron. Thought I saved the video, but can’t find it.

#1849 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How do the insert lights move on the grid? I mean are they controlled by slingshot hits or something different?

Just on a timer. Rotates around the grid. Once you hit a drop it locks that one in.

#1891 3 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Where do you buy used LEs from? That is, used LEs of good and popular pins?

The US. It’s very rare that they don’t come up multiple times a year. I realize AUS is a whole different animal, but there’s no reason to jump into LE land without playing the game first over here.

#1906 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Ramps are easier to make cos it isn’t the Premium as per first stream.

Why do you think the pro ramps are easier? The ramps the pro has are the exact same as the premium.

It’s missing the marvel ramp. That’s it. That is a tough shot it seems.

#1911 3 years ago

I want the people that made the game revealing the game. Pick a structure and stick to it. I just want to be able to expect the same process every time.

I don’t need hype. I just want the game presented by the people that made it. If they want that opportunity, they deserve it. Also get jack more information about the game before the stream. It doesn’t help when he’s got no clue on the rules. If he’s in the know too he can help with chat and keeping the discussion on track.

#1913 3 years ago

Dwight’s reveals are the BEST. Love the passion.

#1916 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yeaaaah, but I don't feel this stream was targeted at all to us, even though quite possibly it might have been many of us watching.

We were talking about the reveal stream. Not the stream from tonight.

Tonight’s was awesome for a completely different reason. I hope they do more stuff like tonight’s stream too.

#1919 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Did @deadlip stream the pro tonight?

Marvel did. Jack hosted it.

#1922 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Anyone have the link?

Go to twitch and search Marvel.

#1953 3 years ago

Another idea for the reveal streams. Have all the stern employees that are in chat use official stern accounts with their name and title. That will help chat know who is responding to them.

Zoom probably isn’t the best idea to have them there unless their setup is top notch like the marvel guy had.

#1955 3 years ago

I hope there’s a setting to make the flips more limited. You get like 8-10 extra flips per made shot. Seems like the limited flips will rarely come into play. Can’t wait to check it out though.

#1964 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Hey, leave us terrible players alone. Limited flips won't come into play.....

I did say make it a setting.

Great point on the professionalism. I don’t think stern needs to do a lot, just a few little things that might help the main reveal stream go a bit smoother.

#1966 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

There should be an option to turn off the persistent ball save too, that would force you to use a few more flips to gain control.

Nah. Draining cuts a chunk of flips from the counter. I’m good with that.

I’m liking these timed modes with unlimited ball save. Stranger things has 1. Fun to know you have a certain amount of time to do the best you can.

#1977 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Thought there was bonus scoring based on how many flips you had left at the end? So if you reduce the limited flips wouldn't you miss out on some scoring?

Great point. Forgot about that. Carry on. Haha.

#1986 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

After tweaking mine a bit it works perfect

Do you had issues? Got it. Haha.

#2011 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I don't get why this is done so rarely.

It gets old quick. X-men does this and its funny and cool, but there is only like 3 different things that are said at the start of the game and it’s pretty annoying after a while. Instrumental is the way to go.

#2014 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Yup, I've only had Deadpool for 3 months and I'm already quite annoyed by the repetition of the three main battles. Keeping the beginning of games simple takes the edge off of restarting over and over (for novice players like myself).

That’s a easy fix. Don’t ever restart a game. Only takes one ball to blow a game up.

#2078 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

They added that to Guardians with Cherry Bomb and honestly it's underwhelming filler code.

Cherry bomb is great fun. Sometimes it’s fun to know you just have a certain amount of time to rack up all the points you can. A welcomed alternative to some mini wizards that are over in 5 seconds.

#2084 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

That dam mouth opening and closing while you have every ball on the playfield is maximum frustration fun!

Exactly. The fact that you cannot stop the balls from being re-served, makes it so challenging to make multiple super jackpot shots. It’s coded wonderfully imo.

Can’t stop this on stranger things is a similar mode. Do you push the SJP to max value and collect at 200m? Or just get as many SJPs as possible and not worry about their value?

#2119 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

deadflip Please set it up with a reasonable pitch. (not the KME pitch in the first stream) I would like to know if you can make all the ramps (especially the Captain Marvel ramp) after the flippers get hot, and start fading... This will determine if I buy a Prem or a Pro. Thanks for all you do Jack!

Why worry? Buy some fans from PinMonk and get no flipper fade.

#2139 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Trying to find your stream? Has it started yet and if so where?

Deadflip on twitch. Set it up to send you a notification when he goes live.

If you’re following him he will show up as soon as you log in.

#2168 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

Also I guess beating thanos might not be the final wizardmode (???)

I assume the trophy wizard mode is the final final one.

#2208 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Oh oh! Did Jack Danger beat the Final Wizard mode on the first night? Is the code too easy?

Loose tilt, 10 ball, death saves a plenty.

#2233 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Does anyone else hope that the Gauntlet in the LE/ Prem will look a little better in the production games ? Maybe the one we have seen is just a prototype ?

It’s based off the comic books

47A39BC4-4D10-4566-A254-10BA0B9FAA8F (resized).jpeg47A39BC4-4D10-4566-A254-10BA0B9FAA8F (resized).jpeg
#2235 3 years ago

No clue I’m a comic book dummy too. All the stones are gems, they are different colors, etc. I only know the movies.

1 month later
#2441 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

It shouldn’t fade

But it does. I put a LOTR coil in stranger things and it still faded.

Nothing fixed the fade issue except for PinMonk ’s fans.

#2444 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Interesting, did you adjust the flipper strength down in the adjustments to compensate for the stronger coil?

Yeah. Max is 255. I lowered to 240 because it was too strong. After 30-45 mins I had to bump to 245-250 to compensate for the fade. But on a cold coil, that strength is too much. With the fans I can leave it at 240 and forget it.

#2446 3 years ago

twenty84

Didn’t you do some testing with a scope on Stranger Things?

#2470 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Do the flipper fans have a thermostat or are they on full time? I am noticing some fade on the right flipper to black widow (left ramp), not bad though.

Always on.

#2472 3 years ago

I can’t hear them unless my head is inside the coin door and my game room is silent.

1 week later
#2519 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m planning to try AIQ vs GnR at my local arcade. Can someone tell me the Cliff Notes rules. Like if I’m only able to play 10 game but want to get a good feel for the pin what should I try for?

Just play. It’s pretty easy to pick up what to do on AIQ. Just shoot lit shots and you’ll have fun.

GNR is easy. The game is constantly flashing areas of the playfield to hit and telling you where to shoot. If the center scoop is ever lit, shoot it.

2 weeks later
#2546 3 years ago

Fade varies from game to game. Most times on stern games it comes in the way of shots changing ever so slightly. You can still make the shot but it’s way harder.

Mostly with backhanding ramps.

Flipper fade shows itself in most games during long pump and dump tournaments. That’s why you’ll hear everyone trying to get to games early in the day as they play better.

I’ve yet to play a LOTR that has stock coils and the center ramp doesn’t become borderline impossible to make over really long games.

The worst modern game for fade is stranger things by far. I think Virelands research says the same too. I’ve seen that it completely breaks two major shots in the game with stock coils and no fans after a very short period of time.

1 week later
#2572 3 years ago

Just keep the defaults. Just hit enter enter when you turn the game on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.00
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
6,644 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.