Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #143 What we know 29th August Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Post #2643 Stern fix for subway hangups right before VUK Posted by Fezmid (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#236 3 years ago

I couldn't be more excited for this. Already trying to figure out how to make room.

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Might I suggest selling me that gotg pin of yours. Now you have money and space serious offer, haha

Hahaha, dang. Only like 1% of me is willing to sell GotG, but that may increase. I'm really gonna have to put some effort into rearranging the garage to fit all this in.

#265 3 years ago

Original themes are lame for the most part.

For the licensing fee, pin companies get all of the hard work teams of people put in, the millions upon millions in advertising to make the theme a household name, the humor, the story arc, etc....

There is currently nobody in pinball that has shown they can make an unlicensed theme even remotely as engaging as a licensed theme.

#267 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I'd typically agree with you but I think Black Knight:SOR team did an epic job on the theme - now you might argue its not an original theme a little but its defo a pinball theme.

I'll give you a little bit on BKSOR. They brought in some strong music talent on that. It's still not as good as the licensed games, but it's probably one of, if not the best unlicensed game.

#350 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Don't be an ass. You're assuming there's a delay, when you have no evidence that today would have been a reveal.

It's not a Black Panther pin. It doesn't feature Chadwick Boseman on the backglass.

People are idly speculating on something that is only minutely related.

I don't know why that's so hard to believe. Marvel altered the content of the War Table presentation today for the new avengers game to be more sensitive to Chadwick's passing.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#372 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Disagree. By definition; BKSOR is a licensed theme. Unless someone has proof that Stern didn't have to pay Mr.Personality a license fee.

Well that makes my original point even stronger. You take away the best game that i had classified as unlicensed, and that makes the pool of unlicensed games even more lame.

Quoted from Zitt:

As to the topic of another Avengers Pin... yikes; because the first was a runaway success?
Poor Voice acting... proably the same layout "vaulted" with comic art. Same game play.
Humm; sorry guys - Zero faith that Stern is gonna knock this one out of the park.

You have some info wrong already, Gomez said it's a brand new layout/game.

I'm sure stern will cry all the way to the bank as they sell more of this title than any other manufacturer sells of any of their titles.

#373 3 years ago

Marvel just released pics.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#380 3 years ago

I'm in.

#406 3 years ago

Premium for sure on this.

#424 3 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Does Stern never put the game designer’s name in the press release?

They showed him playing the game. It's Keith Elwin.

Also, Stern has a LOT of people working on a single game. Giving Keith sole credit would be super dismissive of the work the team puts in.

#533 3 years ago

Game is selling like hot cakes. Everyone else is releasing teasers of teasers. Go Stern.

Can't wait to get this premium!!!!!!!

#813 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I’m no physician, but if your diarrhea is remotely that colorful I would immediately seek medical attention!
Fwiw, Art is subjective, and I don’t ‘detest’ your opinion. Wait to see it in person in a dimly lit arcade and you might understand my approach... That said - I’m not comic book artist and never claimed to be - but - try blowing up that original art with large areas of flat empty color and see how it looks on a pin...
Off to reconsider my choices in life!

Don't listen to the naysayers. Your art is fanatic on this game and I can't wait to have it in my house to inspect closer.

#865 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Sounds overly complicated to me...
I think this is Elwin's major flaw so far as a designer...Sometimes keeping it simple is better. No need to unnecessarily over-complicate things; in JP, that's what made me end up selling mine.
He's got killer flow in his games, I think I want to see him dumb it down a bit; that's my 2 cents...He's one of the best players in the world, so no doubt, he makes pins he would love to play forever, but I want to see more simplicity in his rule-set for Avengers.

I dunno... If these new targets work the way Chuckwurt thinks they do, I think it's a smart feature. A lot of features have to be looked at from the perspective of a player that just flails to a player who knows what is going on.

Mechanics like that drop target bank where you get -something- for knocking them all down rewards the people who play the game at a simple level, and having it deeper based on combinations/rows of lit ones for the more experience players makes the feature rewarding for everyone. It's just more rewarding to the more skilled players.

#1316 3 years ago

I typically don't pre-order anything, especially not a $7000 thing. I waited until I had played GotG a hundred times before I bought one.

With Stern, especially lately, it's relatively low risk. I've said in many other posts that a new avengers game would be a must buy for me and I hold true to that. The layout looks extra fun with some really flowing shots.

#1401 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

I get how Marvel Comics created Marvel Studios blah blah blah. My point was that just because this pin is fashioned from the comics story doesn’t mean it has to have comic book style animations. The powers that be could have done something less safe and more imaginative. Hope that clears up my previous statement that triggered you.

I honestly love the Infinity War and Endgame movies. They are two of my favorite movies of all time. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've watched them.

But I still feel like the comic theme for this pinball machine was 100% the right way to go. For the same reasons it was the right way to go for Deadpool. This lets them give a pinball twist to content that would otherwise be locked to movie lines and scenes. When I play this pin, I don't want to play through the movie Dragon's Lair style. I want to play the pinball version of the Infinity saga.

I'm probably also in the minority that is glad they didn't put the movie actors in the recently released avengers video game. I am enjoying the game a lot more not being bound to the actors.

#1579 3 years ago

The movie stones are different colors than the comic stones.

infinity-colors (resized).jpginfinity-colors (resized).jpg
#1586 3 years ago

I liked the stream last night, the playfield looks like it has some awesome shots.

My main concern right now is the complexity/fun in the rules.

I'm a below average player and my family is even worse. These rules seem pretty complicated for us.

#1613 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I’ll do my best on Friday to explain what I’m doing on the game when I’m shooting. There will be a guest marvel host on a zoom call with us, so it won’t JUST be me.
We’ll also have direct audio off the machine for Friday.
ALSO, we have our Avengers coming to the studio, so I’ll do a “Just you and me” stream early next week. ❤️

Thanks Jack. Much appreciated. Who is the guest marvel host?

#1622 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

A good friend of mine and one of Marvels hosting team. Not sure I’m allowed to give anything away.

Cool! I watch a good amount of the Marvel streams so looking forward to seeing it!

Even though I do have concerns about my skill up against that ruleset, I'm still in on the game.

#1661 3 years ago

Y'all got to step up your game.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1674 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

can we stack several MB? or mode + MB?

If I recall correctly, Raymond said you can't stack thor and iron man multiballs but you can stack portal multiball with those.

Someone else can confirm?

#1784 3 years ago

Hopefully Raymond's view on co-op changes and we get it in the game.

There is a distinct experience difference between two people dividing up 6 balls on a single player, and two people each getting 3 balls to work toward the same goal.

I'm guessing he might not have kids?

#1796 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think that’s why Keith posted in here a couple of times, not because he was doing damage control like someone said earlier in this thread, but to address some of stuff that’s been said specifically the code being too deep/complex - it’s only deep/complex if you want it to be just like JP just like Maiden.

It's not that big of a deal. Yes, the short glimpse we got into the game left some people (including myself) a little flustered by the sheer number of nuances to the rules, but Keith came in and cleared it up pretty easily. I think that's a completely normal dialog to have.

#1838 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

If that's the case, as far as co-op goes, why not set the game up for 8 or 10 balls and just take turns playing a 1 player game?

It's just a better UX experience is all. Having the separate player entities versus the steps to constantly change the number of balls per game multiple times a night.

If you go by the "just increase the balls" logic, every game with an adjustable number of balls has "co-op". It's clear that isn't the intent behind the term.

#1858 3 years ago

This stream is very calm and relaxed and I'm digging it a lot.

#1872 3 years ago

That was a great stream and it was much easier to tell what was going on with the game.

#1957 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I hope there’s a setting to make the flips more limited. You get like 8-10 extra flips per made shot. Seems like the limited flips will rarely come into play. Can’t wait to check it out though.

Hey, leave us terrible players alone. Limited flips won't come into play.....

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Another idea for the reveal streams. Have all the stern employees that are in chat use official stern accounts with their name and title. That will help chat know who is responding to them.

Zoom probably isn’t the best idea to have them there unless their setup is top notch like the marvel guy had.

Last night I thought about why I felt so different after one stream versus the other, and I think it boiled down to professionalism. The Marvel stream was obviously influenced by the way Marvel oversees all of their content. Jack was a little more restrained and focused in the Marvel stream as opposed to being off camera a lot chatting with other people in the same room, etc.. Having Justin Warner on there, a seasoned TV personality, really helped as well.

#1969 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Marvel’s only rules were no swearing, no mentioning third parties. (Thinking back, I don’t even think ‘no swearing’ was even a rule)
They hired me to do what I do. (I want a heart emoji on Pinside)
I actually requested Justin, they had another person they wanted on stream with me.

That's cool that they didn't force many guidelines on you. For whatever reason this particular stream was a really good one!

#2053 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Are there any firm ship dates on this game, or is it still unknown?? I put an order in for a premium on day one and was told it “should” ship beginning of October. Now I see on the web ship dates from as early as Oct 28 to the beginning of December. Just curious really, hate to wait, but I guess if I pick up another pinball restoration project it will keep me busy till this one lands in my driveway.
Thank you for any info.

I bought day one as well and I'm expecting late october/early november, just to not get my expectations too high. I still need to figure out where the heck im going to put this game.

#2073 3 years ago

Looking forward to the streams!

#2079 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

They added that to Guardians with Cherry Bomb and honestly it's underwhelming filler code.

Cherry Bomb is awesome.

#2164 3 years ago

Dang ya'll trying to make this game harder? I own GotG and still haven't gotten to Save Xandar.

1 week later
#2306 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Game isn't even out yet and someone has completed it already.
2/10.

That's fantastic news for someone like me. Especially if the game was set to easy with the outlanes. That means there is a level at which this game is super approachable by my family.

3 weeks later
#2449 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The coil gets warm for sure and the resistance in the coil goes up when it gets warm but just a couple ohms.

Here is a great explanation about how 1 ohm makes a huge difference for flippers.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cooling-flipper-coils-by-aluminium-heat-sinks-or-pc-fans#post-2604942

1 week later
#2520 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just play. It’s pretty easy to pick up what to do on AIQ. Just shoot lit shots and you’ll have fun.

Definitely this.

I used to think the rules were really complicated, but it just took 50-60 games before I really felt like I knew what i was going for in each gem quest, etc... I still think I have a lot to learn about the nuances.

What clicked for me was just forgetting about the overall picture of what to do in the game and focusing on the same shot/mode for a bunch of games in a row.

3 weeks later
#2559 3 years ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

What are the odds Stern takes suggestions from Pinside posts?!?

Based on my experience, any reasonable suggestion gets heard and considered.

1 month later
#2625 3 years ago

Is the ball getting hung at the end of the subway when there are two balls?

Do you have the fixed subway that corrects that hang up?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
$ 19.00
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin?tu=Wolfmarsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.