Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #143 What we know 29th August Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Post #2643 Stern fix for subway hangups right before VUK Posted by Fezmid (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WJxxxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2239 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Just wanted to share.
There are a bunch of different molds, and Quality out there.
This is what we liked best. Around $5-$7 with shipping, Ebay and Aliexpress.[quoted image]

Expect to see them turned in to mods by the usual suspects immediately - only $99 plus shipping.

2 months later
#2601 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

And measure in multiple places. Even on brand new games, I've found readings can vary by .3 degrees down by the flippers vs. up high.
Mostly I just pitch games by feel, couldn't tell you how many degrees most of mine are set at.

Exactly this, it's irrelevant what the level is if a game plays like crap.

I've only ever used a digital level to check level side to side, when setting up for a comp.

#2602 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

you're right of course, but as a "player" i'm simply proud...
and than let's share this, just done few minutes ago
[quoted image]

Not so humblebrag

20201129_093407 (resized).jpg20201129_093407 (resized).jpg
#2611 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yes, of course GEM and where you set them on the PF is the key, but still to discover the best way...
you've beat BR with full GEM and scored 700M
i've done the same and scored 1.2B
Wayne, what about you with the 2.5B ?
even if of course, we cant compare our games, but almost we have an idea
on that tactic/choice point, AIQ remind me Oktoberfest, with so many differents ways to go in the game

The 2.5Bil was an exceptional game (0.93 code) which included Computer Frenzy, Trophy Mania, beating Battle Royale, collecting all of the gems first time round and then playing a further 3 or 4 gem quests successfully (even though I already owned the gem), I also had all Avengers at Lvl2 on more than 1 occasion which ramps the scoring up as well.

There really are so many different ways to play in both the order you gain the gems, and where you play them - if you disregard the Soul Gem timing - the 5 gem quests can be played in 120 (5!) unique orders, then factor in that the positioning of the gems can be placed in 720 (6!) configurations and then add the fact that you can move the gems, the possibilities are mind blowing trying to calculate the best options.

I can't really comment on the difference in scoring between 0.93 and 0.94 yet as I use code update times to clean and polish my machines, as well as resetting all scores. In addition I changed from standard rubbers to some new clear flipper rubbers which are super bouncy and virtually unplayable giving no opportunity to catch or trap the ball. They'll be getting changed back in the very near future.

RipleYYY I can't wait until BOp is back either. I'll be there without doubt. Depending on when Covid restrictions are lifted I may well take a trip over to St Niklaas anyway - if Brexit allows - I need to stock up on chocolates, beer, ciggies and glasses

4 weeks later
#2652 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

You can extend the timed moes by obtaining the Time Gem and shooting that shot.

Or by starting another timed mode from the computer grid

#2688 3 years ago
Quoted from broada:

Hi everyone and happy new year!
What's a good strategy for maximizing the Reality Gem high score? (maybe to bump my friend's high score...)
The two things I have in mind are to a) use portal locks (two to get 3x scoring going), and b) spin Dr Strange (right round like a record baby) to increase the shot values to 6 or 7x.
Am I missing anything?

Have the Mind Gem on a LV2 shot first, get the 2 portal locks, then spin the disc to max, then boom the action button to get all shots awarded.
Take another mb in as well to keep going as long as possible for victory shots.

#2691 3 years ago

I've been playing my Pro without fault for the last few months.

However last night after losing a ball, the disc wouldn't register whatsoever. It still spun freely, it just didn't award any STRANGE letters.

I didn't feel like lifting the playfield and investigating last night, but just wondered if anybody else had experienced this and where I should start looking (nothing in key posts or thread search) - other than the obvious solder wire failing and coming loose, rather than having to place a service call?

#2697 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wayne have you checked the disc test? Where it has to score more than 300 or 400 at each position 12, 3, 6, 9. Id probably start there before lifting the lid and looking for the usual, suspect wire.
Been pretty lucky with my LE, no faults, no ball hangups, playfield is perfect and subway works perfectly.

All connectors unplugged then replugged, all wires appear connected correctly.

If I go into switch test and spin the disc nothing happens.

Going into specific disc test angle, rpm & spins all register.
FS reads 710, 460, 644 & 628 respectively.

There is a red LED on that board slowly pulsing.

I'm at a loss as to what to investigate next?

ADDITION
I decided to play a game anyway, even if the disc wasn't working - lo and behold disc registered . It seems that whatever I did fixed the problem. Also worth noting that the disc doesn't register anything in switch test mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.00
$ 19.00
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.50
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WJxxxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin?tu=WJxxxx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.