Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #143 What we know 29th August Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Post #2643 Stern fix for subway hangups right before VUK Posted by Fezmid (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinzzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#818 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I know I’m in the minority but the more I look at it the more I detest the art. I think I’m over ZY... to me his stuff is just getting progressively overly saturated and turning into visual diarrhea. Game looks amazing but the art... ugh
Compare it to something like this from the real comics... not even in the same leuage
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Infinity_Gauntlet_1.jpg
[quoted image]

Typical Masshole

#819 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Little shop of games has it listed at an estimated price of $599 but no release date yet, Stern part number 502-7131-00.
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/toppers/stern-toppers/avengers-assemble-infinity-quest-topper-officially-licensed-stern-pinball-machine-product-502-7131-00/
Elvira topper topper also listed as coming soon at the bargain price of $999.

Doc is not your Typical Masshole

#821 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

"Dual Direction Velocity Detection"....it's a plastic spinning disk Stern lol.
Game looks really cool and fun!

I believe the faster you get it to spin... the faster you spell “Strange”

#1135 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

It’s a good point about the third flipper, is there any shot that is only hittable from it?

Yes, the inner orbit/loop on the right side. The only way to hit that shot, is with the upper third flipper.

#1298 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Can you tell me if this is the same person that did JP with Elwin?

Yes, it’s Chuck. the same person who worked on JP. He is the animation head honcho @ Stern.
Per the Stern Insider podcast: Keith instructed Chuck to keep it simple on AIQ...

#1304 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Ahh, thanks..I looked on the Stern website I couldn't find the names for the team.

AIQ team;

Game Design: Keith Elwin

Rules Design: Keith Elwin

Rules/Software Support: Raymond Davidson

Lead Software Programmer: Rick Naegele

Artwork: Zombie Yeti

Lead Sound Designer: Jerry Thompson

Music: Ken Hale

Lead Mechanical Engineer: Harrison Drake

Computer Graphics Art Director: Chuck Ernst

#1574 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Does the tower hold more than 1 ball? ( I haven't had time to watch the stream yet).

No, it only holds 1 ball, via the tower magnet. while waiting for a 2nd ball to hit the 1st ball. then it releases to start a multiball...

#1619 3 years ago

I am looking forward to the Pro stream on Friday! I have a feeling it will be a fast player...

#1777 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The only thing that annoyed me about the stream is that the guys act like they can’t be bothered to answer a question. The co-op question is a good example.

The reason why they don’t want to answer it; Is because co-op is not in the game, and they have no plans on bringing it. If, they answer NO on the stream, that hurts sales.

Keith is the designer, and head of rules. and he asked Raymond if co-op was coming, instead of answering the question himself. Raymond isn’t even on the AIQ project anymore... and Raymond said the code is very, very, done. It just needs some polish. Keith passed the buck. he dam well knows whats going on in his game. especially when he designs the layout, and creates the rules of all his games.

#2117 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

AVENGERS IS ON IT'S WAY TO THE STUDIO RIGHT NOW!!!!
Tune in tonight!! It's the LE/Prem we played last Wednesday!
6PM C.

DeadFlip Please set it up with a reasonable pitch. (not the KME pitch in the first stream) I would like to know if you can make all the ramps (especially the Captain Marvel ramp) after the flippers get hot, and start fading... This will determine if I buy a Prem or a Pro. Thanks for all you do Jack!

#2225 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

What are your toughts about pins falling out of the captain marvel ramp onto the playfield? Has this potential for damage?

A 80g metal pinball (especially an air ball), vs a automotive grade clear coated piece of wood. The pinball will win that battle every time. If you are constantly worried about damage. you might be in the wrong hobby...

If you want to protect the playfield, and allow the clear coat to get as hard as possible over time. The only thing I can think of is; a clear (Pet-G) type playfield protector overlay.

Elwin has said, the clear window subway in AIQ is the same material, as the window in Metallic LE/Prem. and that window has held up pretty good for 7 years .

#2227 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I don't think it call fall onto wood. If the shot goes halfway up, it drops onto the curved metal entrance. Once it makes the vertical 180 it's trapped in habitrail.

After the pinball passes the clear plastic protector in front of the 78 degree captain marvel ramp, the ball is not trapped. and if the pinball doesn’t have enough velocity, the ball will fall out of the habitrail ramp, onto the playfield. I have watched YouTube videos at .25 speed, and have seen it happen.

But, my bigger concern is the Sanctum target. It is a massive air ball generator. I have seen the ball launch from the Sanctum target in mid air, to the left sling shot, before it hit the playfield at .25 speed on YouTube.

A aftermarket clear air ball protector. similar to the one that the mod people made for Ghostbusters, near the standup targets on that steep ramp. will be needed on AIQ IMHO.

#2229 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

Yeah I've also seen it dropping to the PF. Thats why I asked what you think about it.

You got me totally wrong. I have no protectors on all my games. I don't care about dimples. Pooling is a small issue for me but I don't loose my mind about it. But after seeing the ball fall out of the highpoint of the 180 multiple times i thought it may be worth the question. That is quiet some height to drop balls.

Ahh, okay. it also appears that the gauntlet ramp, drop to upper flipper, is no slouch either. It might be around 1/2 the drop distant, of the CM missed loop shot drop.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 19.00
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sarasota, FL
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinzzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin?tu=Pinzzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.