Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)
20201230_195950 (resized).jpg
20201230_121407 (resized).jpg
20201230_103902 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #143 What we know 29th August Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Post #2643 Stern fix for subway hangups right before VUK Posted by Fezmid (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kevlar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1571 3 years ago

Does the tower hold more than 1 ball? ( I haven't had time to watch the stream yet).

#1712 3 years ago

When a ball is passed through the under playfield lock mech ( not getting locked in there) couldn't the mech let the ball roll right through instead of it stopping in each lock position?

#1726 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Seems like a good quality of life improvement to make, but it could be complicated and present potential issues if there are already balls locked in there. It would still have to cycle so it keeps the correct number stored.
Could also be an issue with overheating the one coil that pulls down all the ball stops

Not sure how the mech works, I'm assuming there's a small coil for each of those little ball retaining arms. They'd just have to all fire together for a short time... Assuming that's how it works and there's nothing in their already. I just think watching a ball get passed through that lock one step at a time just to eject back out would get old fast.

#1728 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I'd guess it's just a single coil that is linked to all 3 of them. It pulls in long enough for a ball to roll by and then it releases, and then does it again until the right number of balls are where they should be. Just a guess though.

I think you're right, looking closely at the stern premium features video you can see the little arms being pulled down even when the ball has passed to the next position, so probably one coil for the 3 arms.

2 months later
#2540 3 years ago

Joined the club today with a pro. Question, are the thanos glove plastic leds supposed to flicker in a half lit state constantly? Other than when one is fully lit they all flicker, like ghosting leds on my my machine. Is this normal?

#2551 3 years ago

Anyone else think the main background we see most of the time ( trophy room?) is just, well, crap?

IMG_20201121_224522 (resized).jpgIMG_20201121_224522 (resized).jpg
#2555 3 years ago

99% of the time we're looking at a blank trophy room, would be OK if it was an incidental screen we didn't see very often but it is THE main screen.

#2571 3 years ago

Full or quick update? Stern don't give any guidance as far as I know.

#2575 3 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

There's a read me file that lists all changes https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/
Its a minor revision that looks to resolve several bugs and add some call outs and light show effects.

Thanks, I know that, I was wondering what the difference is between a quick install and a full install, they don't say. In their readme they just say select quick or full without telling you why you would make such a selection.

#2600 3 years ago

Anyone have trouble with the ball rattling in the first section of the right orbit? on my pro about 50% of balls seem to get air somehow and bounce/rattle about before it even gets fully past the shooter lane entry. To me, the guide seems to be too straight in that section near the shooter lane entry, rather than a gentle curve, which narrows the width of the lane. It's not so easy to move ball guides with the way they're secured through the playfield.

#2609 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Yes. Just got pro yesterday. Lots of shots to right orbit are not making it past the curve, they rattle. Almost seems like it’s too narrow. Also I’m getting about half my balls falling off wire form just before right inlane.
Tried a few pitches and also adjusted plunge strength but no luck.

I'll get a slow mo camera on mine when I get time, I've never had an orbit reject so many good shots before.
I've had the ball fall off the wireform but only once, it's been reported here by others though, the fix being a little bend on the previous curve.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/22#post-5899526

1 month later
#2715 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

If they managed to get the Marvel spinner cleanly feeding to the right flipper on the Pro, then that would be my choice. But they didn't, so now that one ramp is going to cost me $2k

Yeah the way the ball almost stops dead after passing through the spinner doesn't make for a satisfying shot either, I don't mind that it doesn't feed the right flipper personally. When I first got mine I thought something must be wrong with the rail position and I was going to fix it but no, that's how it's been designed. The right orbit causes a lot of ball rattles on my machine too, a seemingly perfect shot gets as far as the shooter lane entry and catches something. I've played with that whole area a lot trying to stop it but I think that's just the way it is, probably a combination of how narrow it is and how lumpy the left side of that ball path is, i.e. lots to bounce off if the ball leaves the outer wall at all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kevlar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin?tu=Kevlar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.