Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #143 What we know 29th August Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Post #2643 Stern fix for subway hangups right before VUK Posted by Fezmid (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J85M.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 3 years ago

Would like to see this being a little more than just an Avengers vault. At the very least in the same style BDK was redesigned and released into BM66 just without the kapow price tag

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

For like 4k more

I was editing my post while you quoted it, yeah they can redesign it (the original needs it!) but leave out the daft pricing.

#191 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Comic based... so everyone can’t complain about lack of movie music and screen voice actors

Also saves mega money not having to licence all those actors likeness and voices.

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

All that’s missing is War Machine, Spider-Man, Winter Soldier, Valkyrie, Korg & Meek, and The Guardians.

All depends on the licence and the deal made, although we saw the Guardians and Spider-Man in Avengers, that’s the MCU and done by Marvel/Disney themselves

Theres no saying they include them in a deal to someone looking to license the Avengers. They could require completely different licenses and a lot of extra dollars. War machine and Winter solider should definitely be there at least you’d expect to see them.

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Since it's comics, Stern only needs to deal with Marvel. See Spider-Man Vault. Sony had zero involvement.

Don’t think I ever mentioned Sony? The licences for use of Spider-Man and The Guardians are likely separate entities when it comes to licensing so Marvel/Disney probably want a tonne of money for the use of the Avengers but Spider-Man and Guardians those are separate, you want to use those pay up!

People think because of infinity war and endgame that everyone now comes under the avengers umbrella, Marvel/Disney did that themselves within their movie universe, likely not the same freedom for everyone else looking to licence from them.

#270 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

comics and movie IP licensed differently - spidey especially...

Definitely mate, my original point which seemed to go over some beads here, was just because you see Avengers licensed movies or comics, don’t expect to see Spidey or Guardians show up as a given.

No way Disney band out their biggest cash cow in Spidey with an Avengers deal, you want him, your paying extra.

At least that’s my guess why we didn’t see Spidey or the Guardians in the teaser, would LOVE to be wrong and see everyone on this pin!

#278 3 years ago

Believe either Gomez or Yeti, said it was a full featured release then the comment got deleted.

#286 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

It would be cool to see a Doctor Strange teleportation subway in the game.

The film might not be to everyone’s taste but you could do some cool things with. Dr strange pin.

#831 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Little shop of games has it listed at an estimated price of $599 but no release date yet, Stern part number 502-7131-00.
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/toppers/stern-toppers/avengers-assemble-infinity-quest-topper-officially-licensed-stern-pinball-machine-product-502-7131-00/
Elvira topper topper also listed as coming soon at the bargain price of $999.

$600 slowly becoming the the new norm for a topper!? $999 for Elvira topper wow!!

#967 3 years ago

The art blades on the LE seem to be the same as the accessory ones apart from ant-man/giant-man at the back left corner next to avengers tower ball lock.

Weird because the LE art blades are usually quite a lot different to the accessory art blades.

#1035 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Pretty funny looking at these mechs side by side. The Circus Voltaire from 23 years ago is beyond superior in looks, quality and complexity when you put them side by side. The stern mech looks so cheap.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Unfortunately that’s the way of the world not just Stern. Nothing is built as well as it was 10-20 years ago.

#1055 3 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

As much as I would love this unfortunately i dont believe Marvel can use the Surfer as they sold off the right to 20th century fox. Would be nice to see them make a spidey like deal to get him back in the MCU.

Disney/Marvel already own all those movie rights again, this is comic book based so with or without the Disney/Fox merger they could have offer up everyone to Stern.

Stern must have chose to just licence The Avengers, I’m sure Marvel would have offered them up Spidey, Fantastic Four and anyone else they wanted for a few more big bags of cash!

#1060 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Releasing today, wonder if any coincidence with the Stern release?
[quoted image]

Marvel is pushing a few major Avengers product releases these coming weeks, likely Marvels timeline/schedule rather than Sterns, might be why ZY was so pushed for time on this one.

#1072 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Im kind of wondering how useful the upper flipper will be if that right ramp is shootable from both of the bottom flippers as well. That just leaves the side loop shot as upper flipper exclusive.
I don't expect it to be like Hobbit's upper flipper or anything. But I guess it will likely just come down to how the code/rules implement it. Like if looping that Upper Flipper to right ramp is important to some rules feature.
I look forward to some full gameplay video to answer these vitally important questions.

Didn’t Keith say he was going to make his next game more accessible than his last couple of games? I’m guessing this is the answer to that.

#1075 3 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

It doesn't appear like there is much in the way of 'dangerous' shots compared to IMDN and JP2

Which is great as that kinda suits the theme more, I know I brought this game of Keith’s because of the theme being a total win in our house but also because it looks like my kids could play this one and enjoy it unlike JP3 and Maiden.

#1091 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

that means we will get another Munsters code !?
(just joking) ...

I don’t think stern will try that one again for a while.

Keith’s code on iron maiden and Jurassic Park is great not quiet sure what all the complaining on the previous pages are about, you can play his games as shallow or as in depth as you like, his rules are multi layered.

I’m just glad to see Avengers looks a little easier to shoot and isn’t as tight looking as Jurassic Park, I’ve brought this for me to play with my kids as they love avengers espieclsly my son and he’s the little pinhead of the family already, he will go mad when he sees this arrive!

#1092 3 years ago

HOOKED any chance your going to be making one of your awesome cast metal mods for this game, like say a new Infinity Gaunlet?

#1121 3 years ago

Animations look great, comic book themed and those animated comic stills are fantastic!

My kids are going to love this game although maybe not as much as me

#1123 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I don't like those 'animations'. They are not even real animations but moving pictures. It looks cheap.

Fits the theme perfectly, I’d rather have animated comic book pages of sorts than 90s PsOne graphics and animations that we got with TMNT.

#1128 3 years ago

Anyone else notice on the feature matrix that in the art section it says LE Thanos themed translite, premium black order themed full colour translite.?

Did stern run out of time mocking up the promo shots and we are possibly going to see a different translite on the premium?

842033E1-D1DE-477A-986C-12FF3BFE3B0F (resized).jpeg842033E1-D1DE-477A-986C-12FF3BFE3B0F (resized).jpeg

#1131 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I was wondering why the Premium and LE models have much of the same artwork. It seems Stern may have went away from the a Black Panther theme for the Premium at the last minute.

Not Black Panther, feature matrix says premium is Black Order (The henchmen of Thanos)

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I thought ZY confirmed that due to a tight deadline they were not able to make three art packages.

He said time was super tight don’t know if he confirmed he didn’t have time to make a premium art package; seems odd Stern would have a separate art package listed on the matrix, surely they would have known about the time restraints before pushing out the feature matrix to distributors etc.

#1140 3 years ago

Looks cool really like the cabinet sides! Custom pin or just some fun??

#1147 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

This will be my first NIB Stern as I am locked in on an LE but question on resale value. Not that I am looking to sell a pin I don’t even have yet but typically which of the two models, premium vs LE tend to drop more in used market? Seem to be both about the same like $1200-$1400 off retail but I looked at only a few titles. Realize this could vary by title but curious in what people’s experience had been.
As I said I am in on an LE but it was a tough call for me between LE and Premium. Not a huge fan of the yellow but can see myself adding most of the upgrades to the Premium (shaker, speaker, side art)

Often depends on the title, Keith’s games have held their value well but that’s because his previous 2 games are brilliant!

Munsters is really the only title in recent memory that’s bombed in value, over here in the U.K. you cannot sell a Munsters unless it’s priced insanely cheap.

#1154 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

According to the Stern Insider podcast it sounds like there will be a topper exclusive mode ala JP for this game as well. Lots of good info in the podcast pertaining to the rules as well. From the sounds of it, this is going to be really fun game!

Listening now thanks for the heads up!

#1157 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

HD glass is awesome. I got it on every game I have. And will have it on every future one. Such a difference.
But yes you don't have to go LE just for that. I can buy them locally for 150.

How does Sterns HD glass compare to say InvisiGlass or PDI?

I have only had PDI in the past, this will be my first experience with Sterns HD glass, was already thinking about getting a sheet of PDI to swap it out, so curious what your take or anyone else’s is.

#1246 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

In Germany the price difference between le and premium is about 1800 $ incl. Tax.
The Upgrades (colored trim incl. coindoor, shaker, invis-glass, custom inside Art blades, and a "small" Soundupgrade is about 750$.
Coated trim $250
HD Glass $192
Art Blades $90
Shaker $142
Speakers $75
+ diy speaker lights and shooterrod for about 50 bucks but it's diy.

Keith Elwins signature $priceless

#1264 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Seems they only differ in color this time around but that’s ok .

The biggest difference in the art blades is the left inner art blade. Up near the Avengers tower ball lock the LE has Ant-Man in Giant-Man form.

Standard art blades has the LE art stretched out I think with Ant-Man missing in that top back left corner of the art blade.

Only other difference I’ve spotted is maybe the back right art blade with the black order might be slightly different.

Oh and both blades have each part broken up with a yellow line/frame, where as the Prem art blades just run in merged style character to character.

#1266 3 years ago

LE Art Blades
5BD65F2A-4665-4DF3-B016-6007C503C724 (resized).jpeg5BD65F2A-4665-4DF3-B016-6007C503C724 (resized).jpegE1613F08-C7B1-4D31-844A-098D9A425070 (resized).jpegE1613F08-C7B1-4D31-844A-098D9A425070 (resized).jpeg3F94BB81-5B12-4559-BA24-3F53738B7915 (resized).jpeg3F94BB81-5B12-4559-BA24-3F53738B7915 (resized).jpeg

Premium/Pro Art Blades

24897872-A8D7-44E9-B6E1-24972A1BC3A9 (resized).jpeg24897872-A8D7-44E9-B6E1-24972A1BC3A9 (resized).jpegE4A9EA7C-6619-4B39-AC0F-322902D7BAF9 (resized).jpegE4A9EA7C-6619-4B39-AC0F-322902D7BAF9 (resized).jpegD621DA3B-0FBA-4305-A91F-F9CF19B2FC40 (resized).pngD621DA3B-0FBA-4305-A91F-F9CF19B2FC40 (resized).png
#1271 3 years ago
Quoted from Madkao:

Has anyone seen the gameplay animation? Any videos out there?

Go to Sterns Instagram account they have been posting lcd animation clips, there’s about 8 you can view and they all look great!

#1330 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

"Each gem has a perk tied to it. If you win the battle, you get the gem you’re fighting for, but if lose that battle for the gem, Thanos gets the gem and when you get the wizard mode the gems he has will work against you"
Sold me right here.....along with the other unique shots, various multiballs & mini-wizard modes. I cannot say enough positive things about the way Keith designs the rulesets for his games & integrates them into his playfield designs. Nobody else at Stern thinks the way he does.
I look forward to watching myself utterly failing every single mode, seeing Thanos collect all the stones, snap his fingers, and stealing half my score before everything goes black & my game ends. Haha

Same thing sold me on the game that rule/theme integration right there, simply awesome!

Would love to see the snap implemented somehow, snap killing your fingers would be great or maybe just one flipper at the bottom dying after all it’s only half the universe he wants to wipe out so half your bottom flippers dying seems fair.

#1332 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

100% this. You can find Pro’s often, you’ll even find LE’s soon after that, but for whatever reason the premium version of most titles are very hard to come by. I’ve been looking for a GOTG premium for a long time and based on the want ads that get posted here I’m not alone. The premium versions don’t get produced for the entire lifecycle like the pro’s do. Seriously considering buying AIQ NIB because of this.

Do it, AIQ looks fantastic, I always found GOTG a fun shooter but a little lifeless.

#1373 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

TMNT animations are quite good, but Stern loves the people that like simple slide show in AIQ, because it costs a lot less to produce. Both look good on different styles of games. But holding full judgement till stream is revealed tomorrow.

How do you know it costs less? How do you know it doesn’t take just as much time as the 3D models in TMNT?

There’s all these animation “experts” in here but does anyone commenting have any real world experience with animation?

Looking at the animations they must have all been drawn either by Marvel or Chuck and co at Stern, or maybe a combination of both?

There’s a hell of a cost right there if marvel is helping with the animation and graphics, it’s still a massive amount of time and cost if Stern have done it all in house with Chuck and team.

What looks simple doesn’t always equate to simple and cheap. I’m also pretty happy Stern are mixing up their lcd display style and animations, this works perfectly for a comic book themed pin, 3D models worked perfectly for JP having a mix of style between games is great.

#1377 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Agreed, the animations on Avengers look fantastic . This pin looks to be a win,win,win in all categories.
I have not been this excited for a pin in a long time.

I think the whole pinhead community is pumped for this release, layout alone looks amazing, the art is amazing as always from @zombieyeti, animations have been hit and miss but definitely a hit here!

I know a lot of the distributors over here in Europe have had more demand and sold out faster than any release in a while. You can still get Stranger Things LEs and TMNT LEs here, AIQ no chance get on the waiting lists.

#1564 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I will say that looking back at the original JP stream it looks clunky as heck. Yes, JP is tough and you can hit a lot of posts, but it doesn’t feel bad because it has such amazing feeling shots. Hitting a loop tower combo makes you jizz every time, the O shot is smooth as butter. Compared to JP this LOOKS a bit less clunky, the question is how good the shots will feel once you hit them.

This release is going exactly how JP did, awe and amazement at the reveal and layout, then loads of I’m not sure, I’m not excited now after watching the reveal stream, clunky, tight shots, frustrating etc etc now it’s one of Sterns best!

Can’t remember maidens release but I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the same too.

AIQ code isn’t finished I caught a few moments that where missing any animation etc, Keith will continue to refine and add to Avengers and it will be up there JP, this looks to actually shoot better imo.

#1567 3 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

The trophies seem out of place. I love the concept of awards for meeting short-term goals, but do trophies tie-in to Avengers? Medals in ST make sense. Service members "collect" them to wear on their chests. Not a deal breaker for me, but it seems odd.

Ironman suits would have been perfect! Collect all starks suits in his armoury.

#1569 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

Ok this caught my interest as I missed the JP stream back then. I went back and searched for the thread. After the stream it is hard the find even the slightest negative comments about the reveal of JP2. Most of them were in awe of what they have seen.
But that might have a lot to do with expectations. I really liked what I saw so far.

There was moaning, this is pinside after all!

#1570 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

That is not how I remember the JP stream. I was actually taken back by how little bitching there was about the JP release at the time. This game feels like it was rushed to market to get ahead of DR and JJP releases. The one Stern guy on the stream said they have been working on sound clips nonstop for the last two weeks, which means the sounds were still not figured out on Stern reveal date.

The moaning about JP being too tight and frustrating still pops up now.

Honesty I don’t think covid is helping streams at all! All the noise trying to from the guys on zoom and then the guys there all in masks non of that helps the atmosphere of the streams even jack wasn’t his normal hyper self.

#1573 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Does the tower hold more than 1 ball? ( I haven't had time to watch the stream yet).

Didn’t notice it on the stream, but I’m sure someone on the stern podcast said it can hold 2 balls at once during a certain mode, I could be mistaken, but go give it a listen pretty good podcast with the AIQ design team.

#1577 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

I know its not movie based but I just wanted the colors of the gems/stones to match up
Time is green to me..green green green
Reality red, etc
Power/tesseract has to be Blue!
Am I wrong??????????

In the movies purple was the power stone and held in the orb seen in GOTG.

Blue was the tesseract which is the space stone from Avengers.

Reality was red and held in the aether from Thor.

#1584 3 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

That's just confusing and annoying.

It’s always been the case, comics had the infinity gems, movies changed up the colours and called them infinity stones, never understood why they did/had to do that, but doesn’t bother me all that much as I’m familiar with both versions.

Just mean some modders won’t be able to just slap some LEDs in any old gauntlet.

#1585 3 years ago

Gems v Stones

6B4CD32A-F599-4F35-A066-FE8BE6A55B78 (resized).jpeg6B4CD32A-F599-4F35-A066-FE8BE6A55B78 (resized).jpeg
#1688 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

So the sewer doesn't lock balls for multi-ball? It just passes one ball along to the VUK?
Odd...

It locks up to 3 balls!

#1788 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The only thing that annoyed me about the stream is that the guys act like they can’t be bothered to answer a question. The co-op question is a good example.

I don’t think it’s the fact they can’t be bothered, there’s just a lot of idiots that type without thinking behind their keyboards that talk shit on every stream.

Usually about this not being good enough and that not being good enough yet it’s the exact opposite stuff that the last game got bagged on for. When Keith and team have probably worked their asses off on what sounds like a tight schedule to get yet another “unique” non cookie cutter game out it’s probably frustrating.

Jack is great at bouncing off the stupid comments or laughing them off but that’s kind of his job as the host of the streams.

Take some of the comments made about TMNT, doesn’t look deep enough, not enough depth or breadth to the code, too linear, not enough modes or stuff to do etc etc... Keith comes out with a game the exact opposite to that and the comments are it’s too deep, rules are too complex, not linear enough and too confusing with too many things going on.

I think that’s why Keith posted in here a couple of times, not because he was doing damage control like someone said earlier in this thread, but to address some of stuff that’s been said specifically the code being too deep/complex - it’s only deep/complex if you want it to be just like JP just like Maiden.

#1983 3 years ago

Did anyone notice on the pro stream if there’s a callout when you get all 6 Avengers collected?

I was thinking earlier an “Avengers Assemble” callout would be awesome! It would also be a good audio que that you have collected all the avengers and the mini wizard mode has been qualified.

#1998 3 years ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

This is exactly why I cancelled my LE. No real story (seen in the code), no good animations are generic and meh except Thor, no great music/sounds/callouts...the damn trophies...and no real interactive toys, no co op, and also almost no Thanos/Cpt America/Adam Warlock...
TMNT is way better. Has a soul and you really feel in the theme's universe...too bad. I really wanted to love this game, guess Im buying a Deadpool and get my superhero fix there instead.

Story is your fighting to get the gems off the black order before they hand them over to Thanos, pretty much the story in the infinity gauntlet and the story adapted for infinity war and endgame. The story to Deadpool... there really isn’t one, beat 3 villains, collect 2 lots of dna that’s kind of it, but it’s still super cool.

Ray announced yesterday I think that Thanos will be more present in the code and callouts with a halfway battle with him prior to the full on final battle with him.

Get what your saying about the animations they are probably a little marmite you either love them or hate them thankfully I love them and think they suit the theme perfectly.

But comparing AIQ to Deadpool and saying it’s got all the things AIQ hasn’t is just wrong (Deadpool is probably one of my most favourite games ever btw) they are on pair with animations they are marmite and about as complex/simple as eachother, AIQ lack of interactive toys? Deadpool has less than AIQ, Deadpool as the katana lock that’s it, lil Deadpool doesn’t count, it’s a bobble head above a target, AIQ has the subway lock (same in essence as the katana lock), magnetic avengers tower and rising spinner are all interactive with the ball.

#2000 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Deadpool is the same 3 modes over and over with 2 other modes built in, with an easily achievable Mechsuit multi ball that overrides everything and serves no purpose.
Oh yeah you can advance to the next level modes, but they're the very much the same.

Luckily the game once dialled in is super fun too shoot and play. It is very samey but so far I’ve not got bored of it as it’s just such fun to play and easily one of my all time favourites!

The only thing I’ve never understood in the “story” of Deadpool is why do we collect 2 lots of DNA and hand it over to mr sinister to then have to fight his megakrakeldonousrex creation!? The fact that is made up of 3 lots of DNA bugs the hell out of me as the Kraken was originally going to be a mode in Deadpool but they removed it for some reason.

AIQ has one of the most known and recognised storylines in comic book lore running through it, really don’t understand these it doesn’t have a storyline comments.

#2010 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Deadpool doesn't hand them over - he throws them away from Mr. Sinister and then they somehow create the Megakrakeledonousrex.

I’ve never seen that on the lcd, always busy trying not to drain.

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

A little 3 second intro or callout to set up the story would be sufficient.
"Oh noez, Thanos is trying to collect the Infinity Stones and destroy the world. (Assemble the Avengers and get them first!)"
I don't get why this is done so rarely.
When ToTan fires of with "There was once a beautiful princess..", with the music bite, the whole universe you're playing in is explained.

Totally forgot about that but couldn’t agree more great idea! I noticed at ball start there is comic stripe like animation of Thanos on the LCD but it doesn’t seem to play out at all. Hopefully it’s something that’s coming with updates and polish.

#2059 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Pros are on the line now. Then LEs, then Premiums, then more Pros and so on.

Heard pretty much the same thing, small initial run of pros, then full run of LEs, followed by 1st premium run and then pros.

#2099 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

You just managed to be obtuse and patronizing in the same statement. Impressive.
Maybe all the elevated co2 levels from that muzzle wearing?

Never ceases to amaze me how rude people can be sat behind their keyboard.

#2114 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

AVENGERS IS ON IT'S WAY TO THE STUDIO RIGHT NOW!!!!
Tune in tonight!! It's the LE/Prem we played last Wednesday!
6PM C.

Will it still be set up as tough as the reveal stream or will you be tweaking it to more your liking?

#2120 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Someone mentioned on tpn podcast even keith thinks the game should use the middle or bottom setting for the outlane posts.

Well if Keith says so... bottom setting for my outlane posts it is

#2253 3 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Here are some pics I just took of the Pro with the glass off. This is/will be the greatest pinball game EVER. It's fast, fun, and is very rewarding! The rule card is pretty sweet too.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Someone with some great photoshop skills needs to make another rule card for he gems! No way I’m remembering what each of those do during gameplay.

#2272 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

LE's on the line and officially being boxed up for delivery!
[quoted image]

Damn!! That artwork and yellow combo looks insane!! So glad I’m in on an LE with this one, looks to shoot amazing and the thing looks stunning!!

#2283 3 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Has anyone been working on any Mods? I cant wait to see an improved infinity gauntlet and Avengers Tower , etc

The gauntlet looks exactly like it does in the comics! No need to change it, what needs changing is the stones/gems those milky lens look like ass! Swap them out for some sort of clear glass/crystal and LEDs should make them pop! Would look 100x better.

1 week later
#2296 3 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

On location flipping at captains showroom Anaheim!
[quoted image]

Thoughts from playing?

#2315 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’d rather have a game that’s damn near impossible to beat.I tend to not want to play something again that I beat like I was with video games

Be a shit player like me and every games a winner and a lifetime keeper

#2317 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Not according to your scores ans ifpa rating

I have an ifpa rating? How did I get one of those? I haven’t even played a competitive game of pinball at a comp, ever.

#2321 3 years ago

Don’t need to check I know Meegis has me mixed up with someone else, I’ve never played in a comp so I’d be worried if I had an ifpa rating that was anything but bottom of the table

#2336 3 years ago

Just watched the new code stream, one thing I’m going to have to change via PB is ironman attack sound, the repulsors “blaster” sound from marvel suck, will add in the movie repulsor SFX.

#2342 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So after having a good experience with the pro, my expectations were sky high for the premium. Had an opp to play the LE and I can't believe I'm saying this but the LE plays much slower due to not only the portal lock but the ball underneath drops SO slow to the right vuk.

That’s great to hear, I don’t need all my games to be super fast with constant flow, I’ve already got plenty of games like that, looking forward to AIQ even more now with a little stop and go and staging of the ball, adds something different to my collection.

#2349 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

I have a NIB LE that I need to sell. Just not the right time to buy a pricey pin. Will be available Tues. Depending on location shipping might be included. Asking $9404 OBO (what I paid - have receipt). Shoot me a PM if you are looking for one.

GLWTS mate gutted for you that you need to sell it on but classy on your part not flipping it like some

3 weeks later
#2509 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

The rationale for making you shoot the PRO Capt Marvel shot more times, is that the PRO shot is easier to successfully make and can be hit from a backhand.

I’ve backhanded the Capt Marvel ramp a few times, always generates a smile.

#2514 3 years ago

PinMonk any idea what’s causing this Vic?

Two LEDs always on very dim (photo makes them look a lot brighter than they are in person) they function properly so go to full brightness when needed but don’t ever seem to shut off completely always on ever so slightly.

80A8B4B4-0F80-4E34-BFFD-7ABF431B0FDA (resized).jpeg80A8B4B4-0F80-4E34-BFFD-7ABF431B0FDA (resized).jpeg889B4413-B265-4AE7-865D-C16916671D27 (resized).jpeg889B4413-B265-4AE7-865D-C16916671D27 (resized).jpeg
#2518 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m planning to try AIQ vs GnR at my local arcade. Can someone tell me the Cliff Notes rules. Like if I’m only able to play 10 game but want to get a good feel for the pin what should I try for?
Also anyone have a feeling regarding AIQ v GnR? I’m likely to add one pin in the next few months and these are the only two I haven’t played yet.

Simple version:

AIQ, collect avengers via their respective shots, then hit the sling ring (disc) to start a gem mode quest, try to beat the mode and collect the gem, pretty much rinse and repeat.

I haven’t played a GnR but from streams it seems to be collect all the band members (the more you take into a song the better?) then start a song at the scoop and maximise your rock meter by hitting the lit shots and combos etc.

There’s obviously a tonne more to both games but that’s the basic skimming the surface of each.

#2521 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seems like a short. Maybe the solder is touching between pins where they connect onto the Node sub board. Unscrew the board those two are connected to so you can check the solder on the back side where the pins come through. Look carefully under a magnifying glass for solder between any of the pins.
If it's not that, then maybe likely to be one of the chips on the board has a flaky gate that's letting power seep through.
Those are my guesses.

Cheers Vic, solder looked good to me so I’m guessing there’s power seeping through both or one of the boards stupidly I didn’t look at which was lit when I had them out from under the playfield, so I’ll put it down to both being dodgy.

Will give my distributor a shout today.

#2529 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Game pitch might make a difference as well.
On my example, I seemed to have far more clean & successful ramp hits (and less rejects) on the Captain Marvel ramp at 6.7 pitch vs 6.5.

My games the exact opposite, at 6.5 every good shot to the marvel ramp loops the wireform compared to when I had it slightly higher.

On the downside having it back at 6.5 has made my slings lethal, quite often I will get a ball rocketing back down off a target hit one of the slings and it blasts it like a cannon ball straight down one of the outlanes before I can blink!

It’s a truly brilliant game, reminds me a lot of Ironman, the more it kicks my ass the more I want to press start again.

#2531 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

J85M: I find the slings pretty lethal at all pitch levels lol.
Agreed, it’s an amazing game with high repeat playability.

I can’t remember a game with slings as unforgiving as AIQ.

2 months later
#2662 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I didnt want to read thru 2k+ posts, if this is a duplicate, I apologize. Any one getting balls stuck in the bumpers. Happen twice to me in maybe 20 games.
[quoted image]

My rails there are further to the left curved over the black line so the gap isn’t big enough for a ball to find its way in there on my game.

You can either block it with an adhesive post like some or bend the rail slightly inwards to the black line.

#2670 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I am contemplating buying this game. I think I am going to go Pro because that is what it seems to be available in my area, but I am wondering what is the general consensus PRO vs PRE... The Pro looks really awesome and it seems that the other gizmos included in the PRE are having some trouble...soooo.... PRO all the way?

As Vic says above I also love the extra ramp it’s just one of those ramps/shots that’s never going to get old!

And I think the subway and ball lock add a nice break to the game allowing you to mix it up a little, nearly every shot on this game other than the disc is an instant return to a flipper.

Plus sinking a nicely aimed shot into the disk after a nice chain of combos for a portal lock is hugely satisfying,

#2676 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

yeah, the idea is growing on me. Quite a price jump but it does seem to add to the game... I will have to think about it! but it is growing me that is for sure.

I was on the fence at reveal but went with an LE on this title due to theme plus I thought the yellow powder would either look great or I’d love it because it’s so obnoxious haha, no regrets at all!

In fact the amount of plays I’ve already put on it, Id say the price jump between models up to LE was well worth it personally, I enjoy all the upgrades the marvel ramp being the big one, but I also enjoy the disk to subway shot a lot it just adds another great feeling shot to a game packed with amazing shots.

#2692 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I've been playing my Pro without fault for the last few months.
However last night after losing a ball, the disc wouldn't register whatsoever. It still spun freely, it just didn't award any STRANGE letters.
I didn't feel like lifting the playfield and investigating last night, but just wondered if anybody else had experienced this and where I should start looking (nothing in key posts or thread search) - other than the obvious solder wire failing and coming loose, rather than having to place a service call?

Wayne have you checked the disc test? Where it has to score more than 300 or 400 at each position 12, 3, 6, 9. Id probably start there before lifting the lid and looking for the usual, suspect wire.

Been pretty lucky with my LE, no faults, no ball hangups, playfield is perfect and subway works perfectly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 16.50
10,250 (OBO)
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Trade
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J85M.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin?tu=J85M and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.