Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #143 What we know 29th August Posted by NeilMcRae (3 years ago)

Post #2643 Stern fix for subway hangups right before VUK Posted by Fezmid (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EaglePin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#214 3 years ago

Jumping ahead to minor details... might be nice if they made a lit shooter rod similar to JP2. Maybe offer different infinity stones lit up.

#412 3 years ago

Backglass and side cabinet art on the prem & LE look to be the same with the LE having a red background on the side of the cabinet vs. black background on the premium. Side art on the LE backbox looks pretty cool too. Playfield art really pops. Looks like a lot of fun shots that should have a pretty fun rule set to go with them!

#646 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

It looks like the ball guides have a new design that has raised them up off the playfield and they only make contact at the connection points. I can't tell from all the angles, but it appears that guides digging into the playfield should be a thing of the past. Hope this is correct!

Yeah, looking again at the pics it looks like they've trimmed a fraction of an inch off the bottom of the guides in a lot of spots. Might still have some potential areas to protect where they're still making contact, but at least this seems to be a sign of progress in addressing the issue. Probably still need to add fabric washers under the apron, but that's easy to do. Game looks amazing! I can't wait to get my hands on it!!!

#906 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Anyone have a non instagram link to this teaser? Some of us old farts dont do "insta"

Quoted from chubtoad13:

This link worked for me without an instagram

I couldn't get into the Dead Flip post either. Is the 2nd link the same thing Dead Flip posted? The Black Panther animation? If so, is that really for the pinball machine? Seems more like a tribute by Marvel for Chadwick Boseman.

#932 3 years ago

Eaglepin, you in on this one?

Yep yep yep!!!!! I already had an itch to get another machine. Was deciding between a couple and then this came along and made the decision for me Layout looks like fun. I trust that the rules & code will be the same level of interesting and fun as Maiden and JP2. I really like all the playfield, cabinet, and backglass art too, I think it really pops with good color that will liven up a lineup. Can't wait to play it!

I don't have any social media either so I couldn't see the Instagram post with the animation clip, but I'm good waiting until the 9th to see it in action! Only (very minor) wishlist item I have so far is I hope the lights on the shooter rod can change color to light up the knob different colors for different stones. The color shown in the video was pretty bland.

#933 3 years ago

Eaglepin, you in on this one?

You've been great in the JP2 club thread you set up. Maybe you can set the one for this game up too? To whoever sets it up, I have a suggestion for the title that really should be a no-brainer: "Pinsiders Assemble!"

That's got to be it, right?

#939 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

If we make some gross assumptions about diameter and length: a 10mm steel bar deflected at 100mm from the support point would need about 215N of force to bend. It would be very challenging to get that kind of force from a pinball.

Lol, Well you can think of it like that, but I was going to word it a bit more scientifically and say the post thingy will probably be strong enough to get thumped by the ball. You're less scientific explanation is probably better though

#1015 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m with the other guy as far as Team Elwin throwing down a widebody .I wanna see it ! I’m sure it wouldn’t be a typical tank.5 ramp widebody with room to play with n plenty of speed .

I've wondered why manufacturers seem to be avoiding building wide bodies now. Is there that much additional cost for a cabinet 25" wide vs. 22" wide? I like them. I have STTNG and POTC and think they're fun. I like Twilight Zone a lot too. Seems like a designer should be able to make good use of the extra space in a way that would still have good flow and keep it from being floaty.

#1017 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Take JP. Spread that 1” around and that game would be amazing, the shots would really open up. Just saying.

I agree. I love the game and play it almost every night, but it was pretty tough to dial in the right setup of pitch and flipper power to make all the shots attainable. I'm not a great player so that certainly has a fair bit to do with it, but a few of those shots just don't have very much room for error on them. Adding a fraction of an inch on each one would still keep the game a pretty tough test but probably result in me flipping the machine the bird a bit less frequently.

1 week later
#1740 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

I'm kinda surprised that some are cancelling. Or, thinking of cancelling after watching the stream. No judgement, you do what's best for you. Just surprised because I think it looks awesome so far. Knowing that the code is not finished and that they are going to continue polishing it up. Gives me confidence in my purchase. I think the rules confusion will clear up quickly. Also, based on Kieth's other games as well as what I see here. I think there will be plenty to do for all skill levels.
I'm really happy to see the challenge mode option at game start. It's a cool feature and more important than co-op/teams. Although I'm hopeful for that as well.

Yep, I think when "too much rules depth" is trending as a main issue for some people it's a sign of a pretty good game.

#1973 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I hope there’s a setting to make the flips more limited. You get like 8-10 extra flips per made shot. Seems like the limited flips will rarely come into play. Can’t wait to check it out though.

Thought there was bonus scoring based on how many flips you had left at the end? So if you reduce the limited flips wouldn't you miss out on some scoring?

#2197 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

There must be some sort of sort of negative shots for the enemy to inflict damage? Unless it’s just time? How does Deadpool inflict damage on the player during a battle?

I might be wrong, but I thought on the reveal stream they said there aren't negative shots and the Avenger's health bar goes down over time & there's also a countdown timer for when the enemy is going to attack to cause additional damage. And then how much health you have left at the end of the mode impacts your scoring. Not sure if my memory's accurate on that, but I thought that's the way it works.

1 month later
#2425 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Play for 2 hours 15 minutes straight without stopping and try it.

I've had a handful of times now where I played for 45-60 minutes and noticed the right and left ramp shots get weaker. At that point they were still playable but definitely a bit weaker. Marvel ramp was still makeable for me though. First I'd notice it on the left ramp from the right flipper, but then both the left and right ramp from the left flipper get noticeably weaker also.

Twice today I played AIQ beyond 60 minutes to check it out past the point where I notice the fade. Both times when I was beyond a hour of play I got a couple multiballs and the flippers got weak to the point where the right and left ramp were very much more affected. Balls started having a tough time making it up the left ramp and then started coming up short to the point where it was time to take a break and play JP2 for awhile to let it cool down. After both those sessions I waited about an hour or two and then the shots were stronger again for another 45 minutes to an hour.

I've even lowered pitch on AIQ back down to about 6.5/6.6 from where I liked it up at 6.8/6.9 in order to lengthen the time it takes before noticing the fade. For me, the Marvel ramp seems to stay makeable although it gets to a point where the ball does start to lose a bit of speed through it. But I can still make solid shots to it well after noticing fade starting on the other ramps. I'll be in for AIQ fan cooling kits when they're ready.

#2478 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Always on, but the total noise of both fans combined is only about 16.7dB, so you really have to listen to hear them if the game isn't being played. It's possible to add a thermostat to turn them on and off, but that would raise the cost/complexity. I wanted to not go too crazy on them.
I made the wiring harness modular so I can add components like this (and other bells and whistles I've tested) if wanted/needed in the future without having to buy a whole new kit.

I’ve heard adding something electronic voids the warranty... so I’ll just say that hypothetically if I had gone through the super easy installation of these tonight and then hypothetically just finished playing for two hours straight without a break and had no issues when previously I’d noticed fade after about 45 minutes to an hour, then hypothetically I’d say amazing job on these and add a Pin Monk keychain to my game keys because these things are like having another Avenger power in the game!!! Hypothetically I’d also say Stern should donate their “Play Strong” slogan to these fans.

Really awesome and brilliantly simple solution and it makes such a noticeable difference. Made it through Black Order multiball and several other multiballs after playing for an hour, whereas a couple nights ago multiballs after an hour of play made it bad enough that I shut it down for the evening. Hypothetically

7D15AC8F-A529-4125-B87C-98848519CAAA (resized).jpeg7D15AC8F-A529-4125-B87C-98848519CAAA (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2528 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

So I understand that the Captain Marvel shot requires a lot of steam to complete, and that a weak shot isn’t powerful enough to make it up and around the ramp.
Still, I’ve seen a number of shots that go screaming into the ramp entrance, only to stop partway up, then get rejected.
Wondering if there is something there that could be tweaked to make the shot smoother.
Anyone else finding this, or just me? I haven’t tried recording the shot to find where the ball is encountering resistance.
That’ll be the next step.

I think that if it's rare for a good shot to make it through for you then yes, you might need to look at an adjustment. But if a lot of good shots are sailing through and some go part way up and then come down then I think it's normal behavior for shots that just aren't quite good enough to make the ramp.

Just my thoughts on it, but it seems like it's just a bit of a deceptive look for this ramp where it's not really as easy a shot to hit as it looks. Even though it's got a decent size opening to the ramp, I think the actual window for shots to make it through is a bit narrower. So shots that seem like they could be good enough to get through it but really aren't stop 1/3 of the way up and come back down making it look like the ramp itself is the issue and not that it just wasn't quite a good enough shot to make it. Especially when it's not being shot from a cradle so there could be some spin on the ball that affects it too.

On mine plenty of good shots get through both on the fly and from a cradle. I also get some that look good and only go part way up but then I'll fire at it again and a clean shot will go through, so I chalk it up to the first shot just not actually being good enough to get through even though it looked like it could have been.

2 weeks later
#2539 3 years ago
Quoted from SpectreJ:

Is anyone having any issue where when flipping through gem quests it will randomly select one as you are scrolling?

There's a time limit on how long you have to make your selection and then it will select one (I don't know if it selects the one showing on screen when the timer expires or if it's random). Maybe that's what's happening?

1 month later
#2706 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

I just saw this Technician Alert.
What can this be?
[quoted image]

Switch 17 is an opto for the ball trough. Page 14 of the manual shows that Switches 15 through 20 are for the 6 optos to detect how many balls are resting in the trough.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/AvengersInfinity_LE_Pre_web.pdf

You can go into the test menu and check the status of 17 in two spots:
1) Active Switch Check: This test scrolls through the switches to see which ones are active. If you have all the balls in the trough then 6 of the switches it scrolls through should be switches 15-20. If it scrolls through 15, 16, and then skips to 18 then you know 17 isn't registering. Below is a picture of what the screen should look like when it gets to switch 17 with it indicating it's reporting on switch 17 which is named Trough 4 and all 6 trough lights should be lit next to each other.

2) Switch Test: Take the glass off, take the balls out, and enter the switch test. You need to pull out the white interlock switch at the coin door for it to work. Then one by one let the balls go into the drain. For the first ball you should see lights for switches 15 through 19 flash in succession as the ball passes by those optos and then the light for switch 20 (Trough 1) will stay lit indicating there's a ball there. Below is a picture of what it will look like after you drop the first ball in. I also took a picture of what it should look like after you've dropped all 6 balls in. All 6 switch lights for 15-20 should be lit. If switch 17 isn't lit then something's causing that opto to not register.

CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpegCF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpegC9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpegC9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 19.00
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

10,250 (OBO)
8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EaglePin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin?tu=EaglePin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.