Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 56.
#301 3 years ago

You guys are probably right, I'm just stoked to see this new game.

#302 3 years ago

i know most everyone here has their "go to" dealer, but we are now an official Stern dealer too. If you are local and/or looking for a change, let us know!

www.KingPinGames.net

and FYI, I am going to have to tell the wife I need a bigger comic book room. Between this, my IronMan Vault and my Superman, there will not be any room for her workout gear.

#303 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Maybe Marvel was going to help with the reveal, and their PR machine is understandably busy right now. I can see them wanting to double check any new product announcements to make sure they don't upset anyone, seem tasteless, etc...

Marvel is huge and owned by a even bigger Walt Disney. They can handle the death of someone plus the marketing of a pinball machine. I seriously doubt they are that busy.

#304 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Marvel is huge and owned by a even bigger Walt Disney. They can handle the death of someone plus the marketing of a pinball machine. I seriously doubt they are that busy.

Disney is also crazy risk averse. You think it's implausible that some manager kicks down an email saying everything is on hold until further review?

They are no doubt crazy busy right now. His passing is a big deal for the sprawling Marvel and Disney empire.

#305 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Not sure how some of you can’t see the bigger picture on this one?

Disney star passes away and within 24-48 hours, Disney is already announcing additional merchandise, profiting from an IP that the deceased was a part of. You don’t think that some people might possibly consider this a little insensitive?
It wouldn’t reduce my opinion of them, given the number of existing products already (and continually) for sale, but seeing as how CEOs have lost their jobs over re-posted tweets recently, mayyyyybe someone has decided that they can survive without the “massive” royalties they will receive from Stern pinball, and that there’s literally NOTHING to lose by showing respect to the family/fans of the deceased by holding off for a little while?

You don’t have to agree, but you should all be bright enough to understand the mechanics on this one.

#306 3 years ago

The games based on the comics , no likeness to any actors would be used. Ryan Reynolds does get a penny from Stern’s Deadpool games.

The Avengers PS4/ Xbox/ PC game is coming out Friday. No likenesses of any actors are being used in that either.

#307 3 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Why is people still ranting on about the absence of movie/tv footage in games? It doesn't work

It worked quite well in Sw's. It works if its done right, it doesn't work if u have clips then no actual audio, it doesn't work if u have a shitty theme to begin with. Couldn't be happier that this is based on the comics and I might actually buy one as a result, only one factor scares me and I hate to sound like a broken record, actually I don't care, the call outs are the concern here for me. I would prefer something more like Maiden. Use the characters and great animations with zero voice work via the Avengers. I don't want to hear terrible Hulk quotes and rotten C America sayings etc. I know that won't happen and most of u don't want it to happen but it would much better for me.

#308 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Original themes are lame for the most part.
For the licensing fee, pin companies get all of the hard work teams of people put in, the millions upon millions in advertising to make the theme a household name, the humor, the story arc, etc....
There is currently nobody in pinball that has shown they can make an unlicensed theme even remotely as engaging as a licensed theme.

I think original themes can sell better now these days.
Totan, MM, Atack, theater are in the highest rankings.
And now we have 50% home sales.
So a Invaders from mars can do the trick for Brian Eddy. If it looks and plays great it can work.
Deeproot will be a good measurement later on.
American pinballs backbox looks old with the sharky shootout backbox and the display behind the translite.
They have to change that before people will buy them.
It looks to far off from whats on the market.
I like AP games but i would never buy them because they look different.

#309 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Is he going to be less dead in a few days?
Is releasing the game going to take away from his accomplishments or put a spotlight on them?

What will the delay be used for?

I'd guess funeral or related event.

#310 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

I think original themes can sell better now these days.

Don't quit your day job.

Quoted from pinballwil:

And now we have 50% home sales.

That's a hindrance, not a help. Nearly all of the people pounding their fist for Jaws, who will buy anything if a lunchbox has the right characters on it, are home buyers.

Quoted from pinballwil:

I like AP games but i would never buy them because they look different.

You won't buy a game over something as petty and inconsequential as backbox shape, yet you think people will line up for unlicensed themes.

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

So a Invaders from mars can do the trick for Brian Eddy. If it looks and plays great it can work.

The people who want this game can just go buy AFM, which is possibly the most perfect execution of "alien invasion" sci-fi theme that will ever be made.

If Brian Eddy made a spiritual successor to AFM (cough Stranger Things), people would just complain because it's either too similar or not similar enough.

RFM is very different, but even then it is not some fondly remembered game (other than being the good Pin2000 game)

#312 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The people who want this game can just go buy AFM, which is possibly the most perfect execution of "alien invasion" sci-fi theme that will ever be made.

What? That is serious crappola.
I'll give u that its the current best jokey style alien invasion pin but to say "that will ever be made" is crap. An Alien Invasion pin needs to be raw and a little violent. A thriller with elements of horror and suspense. Alien from Heighway while a disappoint from the manufacturing side is already for me 10x better than AFM.

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What? That is serious crappola.
I'll give u that its the current best jokey style alien invasion pin but to say "that will ever be made" is crap. An Alien Invasion pin needs to be raw and a little violent. A thriller with elements of horror and suspense. Alien from Heighway while a disappoint from the manufacturing side is already for me 10x better than AFM.

Eh. You want a horror pin with sci-fi elements, which certainly has its merits. But when people are pining for the days of lore, they often include humor as one of the things they miss the most. So with that caveat, I'll double down that there is no reason to ever make another humorous take on an alien invasion (or medieval times)

#314 3 years ago

so, who's your favorite avenger? I am a fan of Captain America / Iron Man. While I have had most of my exposure to Avengers with the Marvel movies, I do like comic book artwork so you are not tied into one "look" from a movie or show.

#315 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Eh. You want a horror pin with sci-fi elements, which certainly has its merits. But when people are pining for the days of lore, they often include humor as one of the things they miss the most. So with that caveat, I'll double down that there is no reason to ever make another humorous take on an alien invasion (or medieval times)

I have listened carefully to your argument, considered it, and then thoroughly rejected it.

#316 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'll double down that there is no reason to ever make another humorous take on an alien invasion (or medieval times)

U can't double down when u are now adding the word "humorous" Heres the thing when Arcades were big in the 90's and families were going to arcades it made sense but now as most of us are 30 to 50 or so buying pins for our houses who the hell wants a funny "Alien Invasion" pin? I know, and it makes me so sad.

#317 3 years ago

A Thanos LE would be pretty frick'n sweet! Purplish cab with Gold powder coating.

#318 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

so, who's your favorite avenger? I am a fan of Captain America / Iron Man. While I have had most of my exposure to Avengers with the Marvel movies, I do like comic book artwork so you are not tied into one "look" from a movie or show.

the hulk. wish i had gotten the LE hulk of the old avengers game.

#319 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

A Thanos LE would be pretty frick'n sweet! Purplish cab with Gold powder coating.

just throwing some pure speculation, Black Panther LE?

#320 3 years ago

Will it have the original Mrs. Peel?

#321 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Another chance to use the left over gold rails from WWE!

#322 3 years ago
Quoted from Aphex:

just throwing some pure speculation, Black Panther LE?

It’d be cool since it’s probably the closest we’d get to a proper Black Panther game.

So many LE possibilities. Will they try to do a few smaller runs? Like 250 units of Captain America LE, Thanos LE, Black Panther LE, etc (I can just hear Zombie Yeti telling me to shut up)

#323 3 years ago

The LE has yellow powder coating.
And is Not black panther themed

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

WWE Gold powder coating or actual yellow?

#325 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

How/where are you getting information on this new pin? Not doubting you but thought nothing was coming out until Wed no??

#326 3 years ago

Bright yellow.

#327 3 years ago

Where are those leaked grainy pics when you need em lol

Yellow would be one color not in my current lineup!

#328 3 years ago

I'm ready for some grainy leaked photos...

#329 3 years ago

I fear that the LE will be Thanos themed and cause me to spend more money than I want to. I'm thinking like the molding/art on the Marvel Arcade1up.

twJBqdBump6bFS4r3CBBwf (resized).jpgtwJBqdBump6bFS4r3CBBwf (resized).jpg
#330 3 years ago

Anyhow, I guess it's not Dwight on the code but it could have been something to pick a character at the start (like SW or GoT) and would have different modes to start because of the character and or different points/bonuses. I mean like they did with SW/ GoT and how JJP did with Potc.

#331 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Will it have the original Mrs. Peel?

I heard it was going on the GOT VE.

dianna rigg (resized).jpgdianna rigg (resized).jpg
#332 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Another chance to use the left over gold rails from WWE!

That’s not gold - that’s baby nappy turd colour!

#333 3 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I heard it was going on the GOT VE.[quoted image]

Time is a bitch Diana Rigg

383BCC3B-810D-401D-A1D2-F91FF9F79B35 (resized).png383BCC3B-810D-401D-A1D2-F91FF9F79B35 (resized).png
#334 3 years ago

you are not kidding!

#335 3 years ago

Really? Lose the stupid outfit on the second pic and I think she'd be good to go if I weren't married. Put the first outfit on her now and I'd bet 99.9% of single pinsiders wouldn't kick her outta bed. Imo.

#336 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Really? Lose the stupid outfit on the second pic and I think she'd be good to go if I weren't married. Put the first outfit on her now and I'd bet 99.9% of single pinsiders wouldn't kick her outta bed. Dont agree? Maybe a look in the mirror while naked will change your mind. Imo.

That first pic is a poorly done fake. Someone just pasted her face on someone else's body.

She was great in the under rated Bond flick "On Her Majesty's Secret Service". Would have been great to see her in follow up Bond films. Too bad Blofeld showed up to get his revenge.

#337 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I fear that the LE will be Thanos themed and cause me to spend more money than I want to. I'm thinking like the molding/art on the Marvel Arcade1up.
[quoted image]

Ironically that super fun Thanos themed Arcade1up containing 3 arcade classics with 2 player head to head action costs less than the blinky light flat plastic topper that Stern will probably have two years after game launch.

715pWfuer-L._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg715pWfuer-L._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
#338 3 years ago

I thought pics dropped on Tuesdays

#339 3 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I thought pics dropped on Tuesdays

Probably delayed a bit with that actors death. Nothing wrong with that.

#340 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

Probably delayed a bit with that actors death. Nothing wrong with that.

Doubtful that had anything to do with it.

#341 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Seems like a likely explanation though. Teaser was a scheduled released at like 11am Friday morning. The news of his passing was that afternoon.

Why else would they delay it? It's not like they're going to change that much in a couple days or significantly alter their production timelines (especially when parts are probably already ordered, if games aren't already rolling down the line)

#342 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Then why the delay? You seem to “know” so much.

#343 3 years ago

it was effectively delayed by the death of Chadwick Boseman.
Marvel took a couple of days of mourning on social networks! So stern delayed the presentation

#344 3 years ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

I know its about the money, but they surely know that there are tons of people out there that will buy an original theme, that are tired of the same ol same ol.

Do you own any of the current original themed pins?

#345 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Believe either Gomez or Yeti, said it was a full featured release then the comment got deleted.

I think it was Yeti

#346 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I think it was Yeti

95B0548E-6E36-4317-8318-4D7E0A1C6078 (resized).jpeg95B0548E-6E36-4317-8318-4D7E0A1C6078 (resized).jpeg
#347 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

Then why the delay? You seem to “know” so much.

Don't be an ass. You're assuming there's a delay, when you have no evidence that today would have been a reveal.

It's not a Black Panther pin. It doesn't feature Chadwick Boseman on the backglass.

People are idly speculating on something that is only minutely related.

#348 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Seems like a likely explanation though.

Not really.

#349 3 years ago
Quoted from FERBUITRE:

it was effectively delayed by the death of Chadwick Boseman.
Marvel took a couple of days of mourning on social networks! So stern delayed the presentation

I was told this exact story also. Marvel asked Stern to delay the reveal a few days.

#350 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Don't be an ass. You're assuming there's a delay, when you have no evidence that today would have been a reveal.

It's not a Black Panther pin. It doesn't feature Chadwick Boseman on the backglass.

People are idly speculating on something that is only minutely related.

I don't know why that's so hard to believe. Marvel altered the content of the War Table presentation today for the new avengers game to be more sensitive to Chadwick's passing.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,924 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/7?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.