Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)
20201230_195950 (resized).jpg
20201230_121407 (resized).jpg
20201230_103902 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,745 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 55.
#251 3 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

For me keith, yeti, and ANY THEME WORK! I wasn't big on Iron maiden or JP2 themes BUT Keith has the ability to build a layout and ruleset that I can always get behind! And Jeremy has done the best art in pinball for the past few years! Turtles is awesome, Deadpool is also Amazing and Ghostbusters is his best effort to date! Iron maiden was PHENOMENAL too! I'm interested in anything Keith is involved with.... his machine's are pretty much the only NIB I'll invest in.

I have JP premium,DP Premium and IDMN premium I’m with you, notified my dealer I’m in on an LE if Keith and Yeti are designing this game.

#252 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I expect it to be just like Jurassic park.

I think Stern will stay on course and align what they did with JP. DP has proven itself well with how it was presented and worked out tremendously.

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is a snapping infinity gauntlet too much to ask? It snaps when ball save happens, and the gems light up. When you do something good, you get a thumbs up...could be like a cross between addams family thing and the avengers gauntlet.

The snap is from the movie. In the comics, he just had to think it. I’m sure they will incorporate the snap cause so many people associate using the stones with it. Plus, they put a snap in the trailer.

#254 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The snap is from the movie. In the comics, he just had to think it. I’m sure they will incorporate the snap cause so many people associate using the stones with it. Plus, they put a snap in the trailer.

It was in the comics, but I don’t disagree that the snap is pop culture now certainly because of the movies

AE50741C-ED5B-4A16-A3C7-503212C2D644 (resized).jpegAE50741C-ED5B-4A16-A3C7-503212C2D644 (resized).jpeg
#255 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The snap has been in the comics for like 30 years lol.

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Sigh....another boring super hero themed pin.
Can we stop making bazillion of these and try some new, original themes instead. And please, not more boring music pins either.
I love unique themes like junk yard, medieval madness, white water, scared stiff and so on. Those games were/are much more original and fun than most new pins being produced today in my opinion.

Ok boomer

#257 3 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Dialed In, America’s Most Haunted, Hot Wheels, Oktoberfest, Whoa Nelly, Houdini, TNA

You forgot more than a few:
Lexy Lightspeed - Escape From Earth , Cannon Lagoon , Cosmic Cart Racing , Heist

#Hot Wheels is not an original theme; it's a licensed property so not an original theme.

#258 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

The snap has been in the comics for like 30 years lol.

snap.gifsnap.gif
#259 3 years ago

So, this game will be a little harder than Maiden but easier than JP.

Sounds like a good formula.

#260 3 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I see by looking at your collection you don't have quite a few of the following list of original themes in your collection... Dialed In, America’s Most Haunted, Hot Wheels, Oktoberfest, Whoa Nelly, Houdini, TNA
Maybe you should put your money where your mouth is and actually buy some of the original themes that are being made and more companies will go that way.

oof (resized).pngoof (resized).png

*hot wheels being a license however. I suppose you mean a non typical stern non-band/movie/comic theme.

#261 3 years ago

Why is people still ranting on about the absence of movie/tv footage in games? It doesn't work. Jurassic Park and Turtles should have proven it by now.

Ok, Rick & Morty is not too bad. Being cartoon helps a lot. But live action movie clips in games. No thanks.

#262 3 years ago

I would mind seeing this on there
It never gets old

#263 3 years ago

What a douche bag comment. Not really sure how that’s interpreted as any specific demographic.

I would love to see some original themes too. Hmmm, let’s see. X-MEN, Iron Man, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Deadpool, Batman 66, TMNT (kind of)

I think there is enough selection for you to fill your parent’s basement. Relax.

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

All depends on the licence and the deal made, although we saw the Guardians and Spider-Man in Avengers, that’s the MCU and done by Marvel/Disney themselves
Theres no saying they include them in a deal to someone looking to license the Avengers. They could require completely different licenses and a lot of extra dollars. War machine and Winter solider should definitely be there at least you’d expect to see them.

comics and movie IP licensed differently - spidey especially...

#265 3 years ago

Original themes are lame for the most part.

For the licensing fee, pin companies get all of the hard work teams of people put in, the millions upon millions in advertising to make the theme a household name, the humor, the story arc, etc....

There is currently nobody in pinball that has shown they can make an unlicensed theme even remotely as engaging as a licensed theme.

#266 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Original themes are lame for the most part.
For the licensing fee, pin companies get all of the hard work teams of people put in, the millions upon millions in advertising to make the theme a household name, the humor, the story arc, etc....
There is currently nobody in pinball that has shown they can make an unlicensed theme even remotely as engaging as a licensed theme.

I'd typically agree with you but I think Black Knight:SOR team did an epic job on the theme - now you might argue its not an original theme a little but its defo a pinball theme.

#267 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I'd typically agree with you but I think Black Knight:SOR team did an epic job on the theme - now you might argue its not an original theme a little but its defo a pinball theme.

I'll give you a little bit on BKSOR. They brought in some strong music talent on that. It's still not as good as the licensed games, but it's probably one of, if not the best unlicensed game.

#268 3 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Why is people still ranting on about the absence of movie/tv footage in games? It doesn't work. Jurassic Park and Turtles should have proven it by now.
Ok, Rick & Morty is not too bad. Being cartoon helps a lot. But live action movie clips in games. No thanks.

I do tend to agree with you however, it works beautifully in Eliviras House of Horrors.

#269 3 years ago

They did a solid job on stranger things as well. As long as you have free reign on the clips, sound bites and all the actors, it usually works out fine. If you can’t get all that, then the JP or Deadpool Route is the way to go imo.

#270 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

comics and movie IP licensed differently - spidey especially...

Definitely mate, my original point which seemed to go over some beads here, was just because you see Avengers licensed movies or comics, don’t expect to see Spidey or Guardians show up as a given.

No way Disney band out their biggest cash cow in Spidey with an Avengers deal, you want him, your paying extra.

At least that’s my guess why we didn’t see Spidey or the Guardians in the teaser, would LOVE to be wrong and see everyone on this pin!

#271 3 years ago
Quoted from Hadojae:

It was in the comics, but I don’t disagree that the snap is pop culture now certainly because of the movies[quoted image]

WOW!!!!!

I totally don't remember the snap being there when I read it as a kid.

I'm gonna need to keep quiet going forward.......

#272 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

WOW!!!!!
I totally don't remember the snap being there when I read it as a kid.
I'm gonna need to keep quiet going forward.......

Lol You're only half the nerd you thought you were!

#273 3 years ago

please update the thread title when pics are actually here

#274 3 years ago

My speculation is that you are going to be collecting shots/gems to build the Infinity Gauntlet. The name "Infinity Quest" is reminiscent of "Thanos Quest", which is the two part story of Thanos going up against elders of the universe to collect the stones originally. This came out in 1990, after they brought back Thanos to life in Silver Surfer 34. Originally, what became the story "Infinity Gauntlet" was going to be captured solely in the Silver Surfer comic. However, the storyline took off, so Marvel was looking for ways to capitalize on the momentum. Thus, the storyline was extended in Silver Surfer for 16 issues (year and a third), with the Infinity Gauntlet as a mini series that came out of Silver Surfer 50. As part of this, you had Thanos Quest.

I don't expect to see any of the Thanos Quest characters in the game and it will be more in alignment with MCU in my opinion, but this is where some of the names are coming from.

As a side note, Infinity Gauntlet was followed by Infinity War and Infinity Crusade. Neither of these are as good as the Infinity Gauntlet storyline (Silver Surfer 34-Infinity Gauntlet).

If there are any comic fans that have not read Thanos Quest, I highly recommend it. Great, great character story. You can read it on Comixology.

#275 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

My speculation is that you are going to be collecting shots/gems to build the Infinity Gauntlet. The name "Infinity Quest" is reminiscent of "Thanos Quest", which is the two part story of Thanos going up against elders of the universe to collect the stones originally. This came out in 1990, after they brought back Thanos to life in Silver Surfer 34. Originally, what became the story "Infinity Gauntlet" was going to be captured solely in the Silver Surfer comic. However, the storyline took off, so Marvel was looking for ways to capitalize on the momentum. Thus, the storyline was extended in Silver Surfer for 16 issues (year and a third), with the Infinity Gauntlet as a mini series that came out of Silver Surfer 50. As part of this, you had Thanos Quest.
I don't expect to see any of the Thanos Quest characters in the game and it will be more in alignment with MCU in my opinion, but this is where some of the names are coming from.
As a side note, Infinity Gauntlet was followed by Infinity War and Infinity Crusade. Neither of these are as good as the Infinity Gauntlet storyline (Silver Surfer 34-Infinity Gauntlet).
If there are any comic fans that have not read Thanos Quest, I highly recommend it. Great, great character story. You can read it on Comixology.

Thanks for this!

#276 3 years ago

Is there anything other than speculation saying that this will be a fully new release and not just a Vault or Home of the old game? I'd love a totally new Infinity War/End Game Avengers pin, but I don't want to get myself hyped up for a new game and end up with an announcement for Avengers Home Edition.

#277 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Is there anything other than speculation saying that this will be a fully new release and not just a Vault or Home of the old game?

Yes.

#278 3 years ago

Believe either Gomez or Yeti, said it was a full featured release then the comment got deleted.

#279 3 years ago

Alright guys, how are we gonna pronounce these in conversation?

AIQ
AIQLE

#280 3 years ago

The full reveal is this week?

#281 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I do tend to agree with you however, it works beautifully in Eliviras House of Horrors.

The reason it works with so well with Elvira is that it has 26 films plus all the custom Elvira video clips and callouts to use. So Lyman can have modes like phone a fiend, scream test, or pool party and pull misc clips of people on the phone, at the pool, or screaming. With 26 films there are plenty of those clips to choose from.

If you only had 1 to 3 movies to pull from, the number of usuable clips is much less which means more repetition.

#282 3 years ago

It would be cool to see a Doctor Strange teleportation subway in the game.

#283 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Rick & Morty just did that.

#284 3 years ago

Just a little more comic fun. Below is the original page from Silver Surfer 34 where Thanos comes back to life after having been dead 12 years. Also, is the original color painting with overlay from a page of Thanos Quest where he is fighting the Champion of the Universe for the Power Stone. Bought both of these in the early 2000's when it was just me and another guy buying Thanos artwork. Original Thanos artwork skyrocketed after the Avenger's movie came out in 2012.

I have several original Jim Starlin Thanos pages and commissions if people are interested to see them. Starlin created Thanos and continues to create some really interesting stories with him. Starlin actually had a cameo in End Game when Cap is hosting the support group near the beginning of the movie. Starlin is the bald headed guy with the goatee.

Silver Surfer 34 pg 7_Lim (resized).jpgSilver Surfer 34 pg 7_Lim (resized).jpgThanos Quest (resized).jpgThanos Quest (resized).jpg
#285 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Just a little more comic fun. Below is the original page from Silver Surfer 34 where Thanos comes back to life after having been dead 12 years. Also, is the original color painting with overlay from a page of Thanos Quest where he is fighting the Champion of the Universe for the Power Stone. Bought both of these in the early 2000's when it was just me and another guy buying Thanos artwork. Original Thanos artwork skyrocketed after the Avenger's movie came out in 2012.
I have several original Jim Starlin Thanos pages and commissions if people are interested to see them. Starlin created Thanos and continues to create some really interesting stories with him. Starlin actually had a cameo in End Game when Cap is hosting the support group near the beginning of the movie. Starlin is the bald headed guy with the goatee.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow those are great!

#286 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

The film might not be to everyone’s taste but you could do some cool things with. Dr strange pin.

#287 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Sigh....another boring super hero themed pin.
Can we stop making bazillion of these and try some new, original themes instead. And please, not more boring music pins either.
I love unique themes like junk yard, medieval madness, white water, scared stiff and so on. Those games were/are much more original and fun than most new pins being produced today in my opinion.

I agree! Your post is getting alot of bashing, but an original theme can be licensed. I'm over all the repeats. How many avanger/marvel is this now? And, I love Marvel. How many Elvira's? [Love her too.]
So much out there, Pinside is full of great ideas that would sell well and not be another repeat of X.
Jaws, Godzilla, Run DMC, etc.There are a few, Rick and Morty is a PERFECT example. new and fresh. Hot Wheels will be same I bet as well.
LOVE GNR and yet..prob another. How about a Beastie Boys?

#288 3 years ago

Launch has been delayed because of Chadwick’s death apparently.

#289 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Launch has been delayed because of Chadwick’s death apparently.

other people are still hearing tomorrow.

#290 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

other people are still hearing tomorrow.

Others are wrong or you didn’t call them in the last ten minutes!

Distributors stream delayed, game launch is defo delayed.

#291 3 years ago

If they have delayed it because of Chadwick’s death then good on them!

#292 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Is he going to be less dead in a few days?
Is releasing the game going to take away from his accomplishments or put a spotlight on them?

What will the delay be used for?

#293 3 years ago

Well we always suspected you where a heartless bastard - I don’t know why but that’s what I heard.

Maybe they are going to honour him somehow. (They being anyone from Stern to disney to marvel...).

#294 3 years ago

Possible that one of the versions of the game may have a Black Panther centric art package and maybe they are being cautious/sensitive about that or trying to figure out a way to donate money to a worth charity cause in honor of Chadwick, that would certainly be an honorable thing to do.

#295 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I'm continually perplexed by the rules on respecting the dead. Last night ABC played Black Panther without commercials, to honor him. I don't think anyone complained. Pulling his films off streaming services would be, disrespectful I guess? But delaying a game is respectful?

I just hope when I die that no one bases any decisions on it. Live your life. That's what I would want.

#296 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Maybe they are going to honour him somehow.

This may sound crazy, but they could release a pinball machine to honor him.

#297 3 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

What a douche bag comment. Not really sure how that’s interpreted as any specific demographic.
I would love to see some original themes too. Hmmm, let’s see. X-MEN, Iron Man, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Deadpool, Batman 66, TMNT (kind of)
I think there is enough selection for you to fill your parent’s basement. Relax.

#298 3 years ago

yancy (and @flynnibus) I don’t disagree with you but also think The relationship with a IP owner can be challenging.

Ultimately in this type of situation you can’t please all of the people all of the time.

#299 3 years ago

Not sure what the reason to delay the announcement is, other than waiting for his passing to fall out of the current news cycle so that Stern can have their 15 minutes of being the major Marvel news.

Blank Panther is surely somewhere in the artwork (it'd be cool if he's prominently displayed on at least one art package). I doubt there is enough time to add him in if he wasn't already or to make some sort of alteration in honor of Boseman. Stern has already started ordering playfields and cabinet art. Heck they might already be rolling down the line.

#300 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

yancy (and flynnibus) I don’t disagree with you but also think The relationship with a IP owner can be challenging.

Maybe Marvel was going to help with the reveal, and their PR machine is understandably busy right now. I can see them wanting to double check any new product announcements to make sure they don't upset anyone, seem tasteless, etc...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ghent, WV
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 125.00
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 49.99
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, IL
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,745 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 55.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/6?hl=impzilla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.