6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,728 posts
  • 507 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 days ago by Onwallst
  • Topic is favorited by 140 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 235 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6067 (resized).jpeg
Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)
20201230_195950 (resized).jpg
20201230_121407 (resized).jpg
20201230_103902 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201130_133120_905 (resized).jpg
IMG_9548.JPG
20201129_093407 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2728 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 55.
#2601 3 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

And measure in multiple places. Even on brand new games, I've found readings can vary by .3 degrees down by the flippers vs. up high.
Mostly I just pitch games by feel, couldn't tell you how many degrees most of mine are set at.

Exactly this, it's irrelevant what the level is if a game plays like crap.

I've only ever used a digital level to check level side to side, when setting up for a comp.

#2602 3 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

you're right of course, but as a "player" i'm simply proud...
and than let's share this, just done few minutes ago
[quoted image]

Not so humblebrag

20201129_093407 (resized).jpg
#2603 3 months ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Not so humblebrag
[quoted image]

and than BRAVO of course

i've just rewatched Johannes destroying AIQ, i feel so bad after that (lol)

PS : did you think that 0.94 is easier to score than 0.93 ? hard for me to say as pin is here since only 1 week (and will go out in another week)

PS2 : see you at BOP 2021 (well if covid agree... )

#2604 3 months ago

Where is the Johannes video? I've looked on twitch and can't find it.

#2605 3 months ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Not so humblebrag
[quoted image]

Wow, awesome score!

Not sure if the scoring is that different on the pro, but on my premium I'm around 700 million so far. I'm still learning the best scoring opportunities. I have defeated Battle Royale after 3rd Avengers assemble, and gone on all 6 gem quests (haven't collected all 6 yet) and went in the portal for the 7th quest, which didn't do anything in 0.94 code...

IMG_9548.JPG

#2606 3 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Where is the Johannes video? I've looked on twitch and can't find it.

yep, gone from twitch... but than :

#2607 3 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Wow, awesome score!
Not sure if the scoring is that different on the pro, but on my premium I'm around 700 million so far. I'm still learning the best scoring opportunities. I have defeated Battle Royale after 3rd Avengers assemble, and gone on all 6 gem quests (haven't collected all 6 yet) and went in the portal for the 7th quest, which didn't do anything in 0.94 code...
[quoted image]

yes, of course GEM and where you set them on the PF is the key, but still to discover the best way...

you've beat BR with full GEM and scored 700M
i've done the same and scored 1.2B
Wayne, what about you with the 2.5B ?

even if of course, we cant compare our games, but almost we have an idea

on that tactic/choice point, AIQ remind me Oktoberfest, with so many differents ways to go in the game

#2608 3 months ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Anyone have trouble with the ball rattling in the first section of the right orbit? on my pro about 50% of balls seem to get air somehow and bounce/rattle about before it even gets fully past the shooter lane entry. To me, the guide seems to be too straight in that section near the shooter lane entry, rather than a gentle curve, which narrows the width of the lane. It's not so easy to move ball guides with the way they're secured through the playfield.

Yes. Just got pro yesterday. Lots of shots to right orbit are not making it past the curve, they rattle. Almost seems like it’s too narrow. Also I’m getting about half my balls falling off wire form just before right inlane.

Tried a few pitches and also adjusted plunge strength but no luck.

#2609 3 months ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Yes. Just got pro yesterday. Lots of shots to right orbit are not making it past the curve, they rattle. Almost seems like it’s too narrow. Also I’m getting about half my balls falling off wire form just before right inlane.
Tried a few pitches and also adjusted plunge strength but no luck.

I'll get a slow mo camera on mine when I get time, I've never had an orbit reject so many good shots before.
I've had the ball fall off the wireform but only once, it's been reported here by others though, the fix being a little bend on the previous curve.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/22#post-5899526

#2610 3 months ago

youngers have absolutly no respect for olders !!! lol
well done son...

IMG_20201130_133120_905 (resized).jpg

#2611 3 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yes, of course GEM and where you set them on the PF is the key, but still to discover the best way...
you've beat BR with full GEM and scored 700M
i've done the same and scored 1.2B
Wayne, what about you with the 2.5B ?
even if of course, we cant compare our games, but almost we have an idea
on that tactic/choice point, AIQ remind me Oktoberfest, with so many differents ways to go in the game

The 2.5Bil was an exceptional game (0.93 code) which included Computer Frenzy, Trophy Mania, beating Battle Royale, collecting all of the gems first time round and then playing a further 3 or 4 gem quests successfully (even though I already owned the gem), I also had all Avengers at Lvl2 on more than 1 occasion which ramps the scoring up as well.

There really are so many different ways to play in both the order you gain the gems, and where you play them - if you disregard the Soul Gem timing - the 5 gem quests can be played in 120 (5!) unique orders, then factor in that the positioning of the gems can be placed in 720 (6!) configurations and then add the fact that you can move the gems, the possibilities are mind blowing trying to calculate the best options.

I can't really comment on the difference in scoring between 0.93 and 0.94 yet as I use code update times to clean and polish my machines, as well as resetting all scores. In addition I changed from standard rubbers to some new clear flipper rubbers which are super bouncy and virtually unplayable giving no opportunity to catch or trap the ball. They'll be getting changed back in the very near future.

ripleyyy I can't wait until BOp is back either. I'll be there without doubt. Depending on when Covid restrictions are lifted I may well take a trip over to St Niklaas anyway - if Brexit allows - I need to stock up on chocolates, beer, ciggies and glasses

#2612 3 months ago

ok

... and see you

#2613 3 months ago

Does anyone have any suggestion on a fix for two balls stuck in the portal at the top tooth? It keeps clicking and occasionally sends one of the balls backwards up toward the spinner, but they won’t go past the 1st tooth.

#2614 3 months ago
Quoted from pinballmlb:

Does anyone have any suggestion on a fix for two balls stuck in the portal at the top tooth? It keeps clicking and occasionally sends one of the balls backwards up toward the spinner, but they won’t go past the 1st tooth.

Make sure you are running the latest code 0.94. I believe they addressed this type of subway issue. I haven't had a single problem with mine.

#2615 3 months ago
Quoted from pinballmlb:

Does it ever do it with one ball only?

Sounds like the fingers aren’t going down far enough to allow the balls to clear. I’d call stern and they can send you the new wall lock assembly. I had a similar issue and the new wall lock assembly seems to have fixed it.

#2616 87 days ago

someone playing the BATTLE ROYALE CHALLENGE ?

i'm at 2'49, my son... 1'34 !!!

#2617 87 days ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

someone playing the BATTLE ROYALE CHALLENGE ?
i'm at 2'49, my son... 1'34 !!!

Wow, great times! I've only played it a hand full of times (low 4's currently), but after re-reading the rules, it sounds like I should concentrate on spinning the disk and going for the "powered up" shot instead of going for each shot individually.

#2618 87 days ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Wow, great times! I've only played it a hand full of times (low 4's currently), but after re-reading the rules, it sounds like I should concentrate on spinning the disk and going for the "powered up" shot instead of going for each shot individually.

shuuuuuuuuuuuuut, dont say how to do it

#2619 84 days ago

ok than, AIQ leave the house after 15 days of location
i enjoyed it, but honestly didnt get the WOW factor, and if i ask myself right now : would i want to buy this game ? the answer is no
let's have another "rendez-vous" later, when code is fully done & mature

for those playing hot (lol), pin leaves the house with these on it :

#2620 84 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Does it ever do it with one ball only?
Sounds like the fingers aren’t going down far enough to allow the balls to clear. I’d call stern and they can send you the new wall lock assembly. I had a similar issue and the new wall lock assembly seems to have fixed it.

Update: Stern is sending a new assembly. Thanks for y'all's answers.

2 weeks later
#2621 67 days ago

Anyone else has issues with the subway not releasing balls? If I have one portal lock and start any mode except for the soul gem, everything works fine, however if I start the Soul gem mode with one ball already in the portal lock, then the mode just doesn't start. I have to wait until ball search starts, and then both balls are thrown out from the subway, which makes the flips go very fast.... As far as I remember this was not the case in V0.92 but not sure.
It is not a problem of 2 balls locking in one position like some people seam to have, both balls are correctly placed each ball on one finger, I think it started in 0.94 and in 0.95 is still there.
Only other issue is that the game is pretty hard because of all the balls returning STDM from everywhere

#2622 67 days ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Anyone else has issues with the subway not releasing balls? If I lock only 1 ball no issues so far, but if I lock 2 balls and start soul gem mode, then when I loose the ball the game doesn't relaunch a new ball until ball search starts and throws out both balls from the subway, which makes the flips go very fast.... As far as I remember this was not the case in V0.92 but not sure.
It is not a problem of 2 balls locking in one position like some people seam to have, if I lock 2 balls, they are correctly placed one ball on each finger, I think it started in 0.93 and in 0.94 is still there.
Only other issue is that the game is pretty hard because of all the balls returning STDM from everywhere

Check that your subway opto switches are recognizing all the balls in the subway. I've never had this issue with 0.92 or later, running 0.95 currently.

#2623 67 days ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Check that your subway opto switches are recognizing all the balls in the subway. I've never had this issue with 0.92 or later, running 0.95 currently.

Actually I just updated my post, because I had mentioned it wrong, it is not when 2 balls are locked, but it happens when one ball is locked and I start the soul gem mode. Any other mode this does not happen, it just releases one ball at a time with the other modes, but with the soul gem mode it just waits till the ball search starts. If I don't have a ball in the portal lock already, then the mode just starts fine. I'll check the switches anyway

EDIT All switches of the through work just fine...

#2624 64 days ago

Still don't know what the issue is, triple checked all switches, also in the normal through, just in case maybe it didn't know how much balls were in there but everything seems to work fine. Strange thing is today I started Soul gem already with 2 balls in the portal lock, and then it started correctly, it just let 1 ball out and started the mode, so I thought I might have fixed it just tightening all the connectors, but then I lost the ball, and same thing happened again, nothing until ball search throws out all balls. So it is definitely a problem of having 2 balls in the subway (lower 2 positions occupied), so for some reason with 2 in the subway and 4 in the through, it doesn't know that there is no more balls in play. Very strange and annoying...
Made a short video, starts with 2 balls in sub, 3rd one added to start soul gem, lost one ball, then second ball search throws out 2 balls:

If anyone knows a solution would be much appreciated...

By the way, it does know there were 2 balls, if I start any gem mode afterwards, I do get a 3 ball mode

#2625 64 days ago

Is the ball getting hung at the end of the subway when there are two balls?

Do you have the fixed subway that corrects that hang up?

#2626 64 days ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Is the ball getting hung at the end of the subway when there are two balls?
Do you have the fixed subway that corrects that hang up?

Normally not, it does happen sometimes that the ball hangs at the end, I have to give it a little bump when that happens and it will roll in the vuk, but that was not the case now. The balls were perfectly in position, each on one finger, and just nothing really happens until ball search starts (only on the 2nd search it will release both balls)
Is there a new subway mech that solves the hanging balls? Or did you modify something?

#2627 64 days ago

Likely your lock 1 and lock 3 optos are plugged in backwards.

#2628 64 days ago
Quoted from bocce:

Likely your lock 1 and lock 3 optos are plugged in backwards.

I did check that, but in what order they should be?? If I put the ball in the subway, it starts with 3, then 2 and finally 1. Should it be reversed?

#2629 64 days ago
Quoted from xyntec:

I did check that, but in what order they should be?? If I put the ball in the subway, it starts with 3, then 2 and finally 1. Should it be reversed?

I think from left to right, the subway opto switches are switch 49, 48, 47.

Still seems like a switch issue to me.

#2630 64 days ago
Quoted from xyntec:

This is corect, 3 is first when it enters the portal, opto 1 is by the scoop.

#2631 64 days ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I think from left to right, the subway opto switches are switch 49, 48, 47.
Still seems like a switch issue to me.

Check them in "Subway Lock Test".

#2632 64 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

This is corect, 3 is first when it enters the portal, opto 1 is by the scoop.

yep, cause I tried to reverse them, but then the first portal lock just stays up top, so when the second ball enters i have 2 balls before the first pin, that doesn't seem right, so I changed them back again

#2633 64 days ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Check them in "Subway Lock Test".

Subway test runs fine, also when doing regular switch test and I put a ball in the subway, the ball runs down correct into the vuk with all switches activating one by one.

#2634 64 days ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Subway test runs fine, also when doing regular switch test and I put a ball in the subway, the ball runs down correct into the vuk with all switches activating one by one.

EDIT, finally found it! Switches do activate, but the last switch only activates shortly and then disactivates again, that must be it

#2635 64 days ago
Quoted from xyntec:

EDIT, finally found it! Switches do activate, but the last switch only activates shortly and then disactivates again, that must be it

Glad you are making progress! Similar issue came up in the other AIQ discussion thread... check that the walking mechanism fingers are centered and not getting hung up and allowing the ball to pass the last switch.

#2636 64 days ago

The plate that pushes the pins up is so flimsy that the pin just gets in between and then just doesn't raise that far up anymore...push it back it works one or two times and immediately gets stuck again

#2637 64 days ago
Quoted from xyntec:

The plate that pushes the pins up is so flimsy that the pin just gets in between and then just doesn't raise that far up anymore...push it back it works one or two times and immediately gets stuck again

Sounds like you need the updated subway parts

#2638 64 days ago
Quoted from xyntec:

If it's a fitment issue with the "fingers", the walking mechanism and the plastic subway are two different parts. There is some room for adjusting how the fingers align in the plastic subway cutouts. Look at it from above in the windows and also in from the VUK and see if they are centered or not.

May just need to align the fingers into the center of the subway cutouts.

#2639 64 days ago

There is just too much play in the plates:

also since the coil pulls on the shaft, the shaft tends to pull the plate crooked, this can be seen by the scraping marks of the side of the hook on the frame, clearly a design flaw. Should be able to be fixed with a bit of thicker material I guess.

#2640 63 days ago
Quoted from xyntec:

There is just too much play in the plates:
also since the coil pulls on the shaft, the shaft tends to pull the plate crooked, this can be seen by the scraping marks of the side of the hook on the frame, clearly a design flaw. Should be able to be fixed with a bit of thicker material I guess.

Send that video to your distributor and/or Stern customer service. You may need a replacement mechanism.

#2641 63 days ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Send that video to your distributor and/or Stern customer service. You may need a replacement mechanism.

already did Distributor says it is going to take a while though, he apparently ordered them more than a month ago already and nothing so far. So I took the complete assembly out, then I can at least play. Have to say I don't really mind it too much right now, I don't have to wait all the time and it doesn't make the clunky sound of the walking mechanism all the time. It will remember the portal locks anyway.
Strange enough even with the mechanism out, sometimes the ball still just stops before the end of the subway (just lies there in the end of the slit in the plastic) so it doesn't roll into the vuk. (It did this before when there was already a ball in the vuk and the second also was released from the subway because there would be no momentum)
But if the tilt is not set too sensitive, I can give it a bump and it will roll further. Checked the plastic but it doesn't seem to have a sharp edge or anything.

#2642 63 days ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Strange enough even with the mechanism out, sometimes the ball still just stops before the end of the subway (just lies there in the end of the slit in the plastic) so it doesn't roll into the vuk. (It did this before when there was already a ball in the vuk and the second also was released from the subway because there would be no momentum)
But if the tilt is not set too sensitive, I can give it a bump and it will roll further. Checked the plastic but it doesn't seem to have a sharp edge or anything.

For lack of a better phrase, you need to cut a "blood groove" at the end of the plastic tray so the ball doesn't stop at the blunt edge. Look at the beginning and ends of the rollover slots in your inlanes for inspiration.

It's covered in this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/74#post-6019347

#2643 62 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

For lack of a better phrase, you need to cut a "blood groove" at the end of the plastic tray so the ball doesn't stop at the blunt edge. Look at the beginning and ends of the rollover slots in your inlanes for inspiration.
It's covered in this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/74#post-6019347

Yup, that's what Stern basically did on the replacement piece. I've only had the ball hang up there twice, but they sent me this at the same time they sent the disk leveler fix. I should install that but I'm a little nervous about it lol

20201230_103902 (resized).jpg
#2644 62 days ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Yup, that's what Stern basically did on the replacement piece. I've only had the ball hang up there twice, but they sent me this at the same time they sent the disk leveler fix. I should install that but I'm a little nervous about it lol
[quoted image]

This new subway plastic completely fixed my ball hangups at the scoop. I probably have 50 or so games on it since installing, not one.

#2645 62 days ago

I didnt want to read thru 2k+ posts, if this is a duplicate, I apologize. Any one getting balls stuck in the bumpers. Happen twice to me in maybe 20 games.

20201230_121407 (resized).jpg
#2646 62 days ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

[quoted image]

you also have a photo of the disc leveler fix?

#2647 62 days ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I didnt want to read thru 2k+ posts, if this is a duplicate, I apologize. Any one getting balls stuck in the bumpers. Happen twice to me in maybe 20 games.
[quoted image]

I had that happen literally the second game I played on my NIB Premium and haven't had it happen since in 700+ games...

There is a "fix" mentioned in the other AIQ thread, basically a self adhesive rubber bumper or similar that you stick to the inside of the guide so a ball can't fit in there. I haven't had to do this yet myself.

#2648 62 days ago

Bought a AIQ pro and enjoying very much. What am I supposed to be shooting for when an Avenger is counting down the seconds?

#2649 62 days ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

welcome to the club

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-a-photo-of-the-strange-place-your-ball-got-stuck/page/17#post-5975359

#2650 62 days ago
Quoted from manadams:

Bought a AIQ pro and enjoying very much. What am I supposed to be shooting for when an Avenger is counting down the seconds?

That means you are in a computer grid timed mode. Looks up at the top of the LCD screen to see what timed mode you are in. You can extend the timed moes by obtaining the Time Gem and shooting that shot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 55.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
There are 2728 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 55.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside