New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 276181)

Avengers Infinity Quest Thread.

By Napoleon

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,615 posts
  • 498 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Lermods
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 222 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20201130_133120_905 (resized).jpg
IMG_9548.JPG
20201129_093407 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201125_202427_252 (resized).jpg
mic_72 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201121_224522 (resized).jpg
20201030_122706 (resized).jpg
20201030_122704 (resized).jpg
20201030_122700 (resized).jpg
20201030_122653 (resized).jpg
80A8B4B4-0F80-4E34-BFFD-7ABF431B0FDA (resized).jpeg
889B4413-B265-4AE7-865D-C16916671D27 (resized).jpeg
F9358308-FA2E-4E13-8ED0-D1F014FB9A89 (resized).jpeg
F3C342C1-CA85-4211-8A20-3F21EB698ED9 (resized).jpeg
Foam Example (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

There are 2615 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 53.
#2501 39 days ago

I added my nearly complete Thanos mod to my game. Very happy with how this turned out.

F3C342C1-CA85-4211-8A20-3F21EB698ED9 (resized).jpeg
#2502 39 days ago
Quoted from TheModalorian:

I added my nearly complete Thanos mod to my game. Very happy with how this turned out.

[quoted image]

Where can we buy this mod?

#2503 39 days ago

I have a dumb question. Which avenger is associated with the drop targets? By which avenger i mean when you entrust one of the gems to an avenger.

Thanks!

#2504 39 days ago
Quoted from ilovegames:

I have a dumb question. Which avenger is associated with the drop targets? By which avenger i mean when you entrust one of the gems to an avenger.
Thanks!

Vision

#2505 38 days ago

When trying to obtain the Soul Gem, the Captain Marvel shot needs to be adjusted from Stern. This is shot #6. When I rip my Captain Marvel spinner I can usually get 35 spins off of it. I notice when I'm battling for the Soul Gem when I hit this shot it usually will take 2 shots to complete and move onto shot #7. They need to adjust it maybe down to 20 spins to complete on the Pro. I'm guessing it's set somewhere around 35. The reason I say this is because on the Premium all you need to hit is the ramp shot and any shot that you're hitting solid would go up the ramp so it needs adjusted on the Pro. Please Stern I don't know if anyone else has noticed this?

#2506 38 days ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

on the Premium all you need to hit is the ramp shot and any shot that you're hitting solid would go up the ramp so it needs adjusted on the Pro. Please Stern I don't know if anyone else has noticed this?

The rationale for making you shoot the PRO Capt Marvel shot more times, is that the PRO shot is easier to successfully make and can be hit from a backhand. So even though you MAY get the PREM shot in one try, it's not a guarantee. Id say it's likely that the PRO code is designed specifically to require 2 shots, or 1 perfect shot.

You could always add some lubricant to the spinner, or adjust the switch tension to try and make the spinner "more spinny".

#2507 38 days ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

When trying to obtain the Soul Gem, the Captain Marvel shot needs to be adjusted from Stern. This is shot #6. When I rip my Captain Marvel spinner I can usually get 35 spins off of it. I notice when I'm battling for the Soul Gem when I hit this shot it usually will take 2 shots to complete and move onto shot #7. They need to adjust it maybe down to 20 spins to complete on the Pro. I'm guessing it's set somewhere around 35. The reason I say this is because on the Premium all you need to hit is the ramp shot and any shot that you're hitting solid would go up the ramp so it needs adjusted on the Pro. Please Stern I don't know if anyone else has noticed this?

Definitely takes two shots no matter what!

#2508 38 days ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Definitely takes two shots no matter what!

I've done it with 1 shot maybe 2 times. I know 1 for sure but I've also had about 15+ games where it required 2. My spinner when ripped throws off 30+ spins and I was told that 1 Ramp=30 spins. I'm thinking it might be a tad higher than that but it's close to that.

#2509 38 days ago
Quoted from shaub:

The rationale for making you shoot the PRO Capt Marvel shot more times, is that the PRO shot is easier to successfully make and can be hit from a backhand.

I’ve backhanded the Capt Marvel ramp a few times, always generates a smile.

#2510 37 days ago
Quoted from Phillyaudio:

Where can we buy this mod?

Hey thanks for your interest! Www.themodalorian.com

F9358308-FA2E-4E13-8ED0-D1F014FB9A89 (resized).jpeg
#2511 36 days ago

Just got my LE, I like it a lot, game looks amazing and plays well, still need some time figuring out what to do exactly, rule sheet 25 pages is a bit overkill...
Pin does drain a lot, ball that doesn't make it up the middle ramp comes down STDM, shoot around the left orbit and ball comes screaming STDM, shoot the Marvell ramp, ball stops halfway, gets back STDM, fast ball to the tower isn't grabbed by the magnet comes down STDM, fast ball to the sanctum STDM, soft plunge back down the right orbit, guess what, STDM....
This afternoon switched it on and nothing happened, no display, no lights, switched off and back on and everything worked again, hope that's not going to be an issue. Still very happy with it, loads of fun.
Hope the game gets some more nice sound effects in it, when you start a game, the music and also the display are a bit boring to look at/listen to, anxious for future code

#2512 36 days ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Just got my LE, I like it a lot, game looks amazing and plays well, still need some time figuring out what to do exactly, rule sheet 25 pages is a bit overkill...
Pin does drain a lot, ball that doesn't make it up the middle ramp comes down STDM, shoot around the left orbit and ball comes screaming STDM, shoot the Marvell ramp, ball stops halfway, gets back STDM, fast ball to the tower isn't grabbed by the magnet comes down STDM, fast ball to the sanctum STDM, soft plunge back down the right orbit, guess what, STDM....
This afternoon switched it on and nothing happened, no display, no lights, switched off and back on and everything worked again, hope that's not going to be an issue. Still very happy with it, loads of fun.
Hope the game gets some more nice sound effects in it, when you start a game, the music and also the display are a bit boring to look at/listen to, anxious for future code

Whats your pitch set at? I have mine at 6.5 and I only get SDTM drains from the captain America pops.

#2513 36 days ago
Quoted from xyntec:

This afternoon switched it on and nothing happened, no display, no lights, switched off and back on and everything worked again, hope that's not going to be an issue.

This is a spike quirk. You did the right thing by powering off, waiting a few seconds and trying again.

#2514 35 days ago

vireland any idea what’s causing this Vic?

Two LEDs always on very dim (photo makes them look a lot brighter than they are in person) they function properly so go to full brightness when needed but don’t ever seem to shut off completely always on ever so slightly.

80A8B4B4-0F80-4E34-BFFD-7ABF431B0FDA (resized).jpeg889B4413-B265-4AE7-865D-C16916671D27 (resized).jpeg
#2515 35 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

vireland any idea what’s causing this Vic?
Two LEDs always on very dim (photo makes them look a lot brighter than they are in person) they function properly so go to full brightness when needed but don’t ever seem to shut off completely always on ever so slightly.[quoted image][quoted image]

Seems like a short. Maybe the solder is touching between pins where they connect onto the Node sub board. Unscrew the board those two are connected to so you can check the solder on the back side where the pins come through. Look carefully under a magnifying glass for solder between any of the pins.

If it's not that, then maybe likely to be one of the chips on the board has a flaky gate that's letting power seep through.

Those are my guesses.

#2516 35 days ago

Made my first anti frustration mod for the Avengers by adding a center post preventing all this SDTM coming from all parts of the machine.
Mod is installed in 5 minutes, is minimal invasive, and can be removed without any signs to machine in minutes. Get in touch if you are interested.

20201030_122653 (resized).jpg20201030_122700 (resized).jpg20201030_122704 (resized).jpg20201030_122706 (resized).jpg
#2517 35 days ago

I’m planning to try AIQ vs GnR at my local arcade. Can someone tell me the Cliff Notes rules. Like if I’m only able to play 10 game but want to get a good feel for the pin what should I try for?

Also anyone have a feeling regarding AIQ v GnR? I’m likely to add one pin in the next few months and these are the only two I haven’t played yet.

#2518 35 days ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m planning to try AIQ vs GnR at my local arcade. Can someone tell me the Cliff Notes rules. Like if I’m only able to play 10 game but want to get a good feel for the pin what should I try for?
Also anyone have a feeling regarding AIQ v GnR? I’m likely to add one pin in the next few months and these are the only two I haven’t played yet.

Simple version:

AIQ, collect avengers via their respective shots, then hit the sling ring (disc) to start a gem mode quest, try to beat the mode and collect the gem, pretty much rinse and repeat.

I haven’t played a GnR but from streams it seems to be collect all the band members (the more you take into a song the better?) then start a song at the scoop and maximise your rock meter by hitting the lit shots and combos etc.

There’s obviously a tonne more to both games but that’s the basic skimming the surface of each.

#2519 35 days ago
Quoted from rai:

Just play. It’s pretty easy to pick up what to do on AIQ. Just shoot lit shots and you’ll have fun.

GNR is easy. The game is constantly flashing areas of the playfield to hit and telling you where to shoot. If the center scoop is ever lit, shoot it.

#2520 35 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just play. It’s pretty easy to pick up what to do on AIQ. Just shoot lit shots and you’ll have fun.

Definitely this.

I used to think the rules were really complicated, but it just took 50-60 games before I really felt like I knew what i was going for in each gem quest, etc... I still think I have a lot to learn about the nuances.

What clicked for me was just forgetting about the overall picture of what to do in the game and focusing on the same shot/mode for a bunch of games in a row.

#2521 35 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Seems like a short. Maybe the solder is touching between pins where they connect onto the Node sub board. Unscrew the board those two are connected to so you can check the solder on the back side where the pins come through. Look carefully under a magnifying glass for solder between any of the pins.
If it's not that, then maybe likely to be one of the chips on the board has a flaky gate that's letting power seep through.
Those are my guesses.

Cheers Vic, solder looked good to me so I’m guessing there’s power seeping through both or one of the boards stupidly I didn’t look at which was lit when I had them out from under the playfield, so I’ll put it down to both being dodgy.

Will give my distributor a shout today.

#2522 35 days ago
Quoted from Kjarkur:

by adding a center post preventing all this SDTM

#2523 35 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Cheers Vic, solder looked good to me so I’m guessing there’s power seeping through both or one of the boards stupidly I didn’t look at which was lit when I had them out from under the playfield, so I’ll put it down to both being dodgy.
Will give my distributor a shout today.

Shame you're not here in the US, those boards are dirt cheap and easy to get, and I keep some on hand for failures. It seems very unlikely you have two bad light boards right next to each other. More likely that the controller on the rectangular board they plug into is the one seeping the power, but replacing one of the small boards will confirm or eliminate the actual light boards as the issue.

#2524 35 days ago

I have never had one drain from the pops,never Not one,now wonka is a different story.

#2525 34 days ago

So I understand that the Captain Marvel shot requires a lot of steam to complete, and that a weak shot isn’t powerful enough to make it up and around the ramp.
Still, I’ve seen a number of shots that go screaming into the ramp entrance, only to stop partway up, then get rejected.
Wondering if there is something there that could be tweaked to make the shot smoother.

Anyone else finding this, or just me? I haven’t tried recording the shot to find where the ball is encountering resistance.
That’ll be the next step.

#2526 34 days ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

So I understand that the Captain Marvel shot requires a lot of steam to complete, and that a weak shot isn’t powerful enough to make it up and around the ramp.
Still, I’ve seen a number of shots that go screaming into the ramp entrance, only to stop partway up, then get rejected.
Wondering if there is something there that could be tweaked to make the shot smoother.
Anyone else finding this, or just me? I haven’t tried recording the shot to find where the ball is encountering resistance.

Record the ball and watch it back in slow motion. You will see that sometimes it hits the Thor captive ball or something else on the way into the ramp preventing it from making a full completion. Raymond Davidson went over this in a stream he did. It has nothing to do with the ramp itself, it just requires a clean shot.

#2527 34 days ago

Game pitch might make a difference as well.
On my example, I seemed to have far more clean & successful ramp hits (and less rejects) on the Captain Marvel ramp at 6.7 pitch vs 6.5.

#2528 34 days ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I think that if it's rare for a good shot to make it through for you then yes, you might need to look at an adjustment. But if a lot of good shots are sailing through and some go part way up and then come down then I think it's normal behavior for shots that just aren't quite good enough to make the ramp.

Just my thoughts on it, but it seems like it's just a bit of a deceptive look for this ramp where it's not really as easy a shot to hit as it looks. Even though it's got a decent size opening to the ramp, I think the actual window for shots to make it through is a bit narrower. So shots that seem like they could be good enough to get through it but really aren't stop 1/3 of the way up and come back down making it look like the ramp itself is the issue and not that it just wasn't quite a good enough shot to make it. Especially when it's not being shot from a cradle so there could be some spin on the ball that affects it too.

On mine plenty of good shots get through both on the fly and from a cradle. I also get some that look good and only go part way up but then I'll fire at it again and a clean shot will go through, so I chalk it up to the first shot just not actually being good enough to get through even though it looked like it could have been.

#2529 34 days ago
Quoted from JMK:

Game pitch might make a difference as well.
On my example, I seemed to have far more clean & successful ramp hits (and less rejects) on the Captain Marvel ramp at 6.7 pitch vs 6.5.

My games the exact opposite, at 6.5 every good shot to the marvel ramp loops the wireform compared to when I had it slightly higher.

On the downside having it back at 6.5 has made my slings lethal, quite often I will get a ball rocketing back down off a target hit one of the slings and it blasts it like a cannon ball straight down one of the outlanes before I can blink!

It’s a truly brilliant game, reminds me a lot of Ironman, the more it kicks my ass the more I want to press start again.

#2530 34 days ago

J85M: I find the slings pretty lethal at all pitch levels lol.
Agreed, it’s an amazing game with high repeat playability.

#2531 34 days ago
Quoted from JMK:

J85M: I find the slings pretty lethal at all pitch levels lol.
Agreed, it’s an amazing game with high repeat playability.

I can’t remember a game with slings as unforgiving as AIQ.

#2532 34 days ago

My JP LE seems to be a close second. Another Elwin brilliant design, but a punishing pin.

Before I bought my Avengers IQ, a friend & myself were talking about moving those outlane posts to the middle spot.
Now, I can’t see changing those post positions anytime soon. They’re just so hungry.
Thankfully, my nudging skills have gotten a bit better since owning this game.
Regardless, my family is loving the gameplay.

#2533 34 days ago

I can't imagine adding a center post to this game. It's the outlanes that are hungry, not the center. I've played 3 different ones, an LE and two different pros. Even with the power sling drains the game can still play long. And that's a good thing since the game is so damn fun!

#2534 33 days ago
Quoted from dancosta:

Whats your pitch set at? I have mine at 6.5 and I only get SDTM drains from the captain America pops.

level is pretty much between the lines, maybe just a bit steeper

#2535 33 days ago
Quoted from xyntec:

level is pretty much between the lines, maybe just a bit steeper

I never trust the bubble on the machine, it’s wrong more often than not.

I highly recommend using a digital level for higher accuracy. Don’t use phone apps either, those are garbage.

#2536 32 days ago

Is anyone having some distortion in the sound 0f the game?

#2537 32 days ago
Quoted from dancosta:

I highly recommend using a digital level for higher accuracy.

And measure in multiple places. Even on brand new games, I've found readings can vary by .3 degrees down by the flippers vs. up high.

Mostly I just pitch games by feel, couldn't tell you how many degrees most of mine are set at.

2 weeks later
#2538 18 days ago

Is anyone having any issue where when flipping through gem quests it will randomly select one as you are scrolling?

#2539 18 days ago
Quoted from SpectreJ:

Is anyone having any issue where when flipping through gem quests it will randomly select one as you are scrolling?

There's a time limit on how long you have to make your selection and then it will select one (I don't know if it selects the one showing on screen when the timer expires or if it's random). Maybe that's what's happening?

#2540 17 days ago

Joined the club today with a pro. Question, are the thanos glove plastic leds supposed to flicker in a half lit state constantly? Other than when one is fully lit they all flicker, like ghosting leds on my my machine. Is this normal?

#2541 17 days ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Is this normal?

It's Normal. During Gem Quest: If you win a gem, the corresponding light goes out. If you lose a gem, the light is on solid/brighter.

From the Stern rule sheet: Gameplay Story Breakdown The Black Order has captured the infinity gems! The Avengers must use Dr. Strange's portal to
go back in time and defeat the Black Order members to re-claim the gems before The Mad Titan,
Thanos, can snap away half the population of the universe!

The next question a lot of people ask is: What!? that doesn't follow the storyline very well.

The intent was to be similar but not exactly the same storyline as the movies or a series of comics. Some guy said that, not verbatim, during a stream. he helped with the game development somehow. Other guys in the stream called him a goat, or the goat. Rude.

#2542 17 days ago

goat = greatest of all time. Not rude in that context.

#2543 17 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Stronger coil is not a fix, it's a kludge. The problem with just overpowering the problem is, in the beginning the coil is much stronger, and a stronger coil is more prone to break things and cause airballs just so when it's faded it behaves as the coil it's replacing did before it heated up and faded. Better to treat the problem and not the symptom.

Stronger coil may be a kludge, but so is a fan, sorry. I've owned a ton of games over the past 16 years and flipper fade has never been an issue. My LOTR was in a free play arcade being played 1000 times a week and flippers were strong all day (and they were original).

I'm not saying a fan isn't a good kludge, but maybe it would be interesting to understand the root cause. Did B/W games flippers run cooler? Did SAM/Whitestar games run cooler? Does the cheap Spike Chinese power supply have anything to do with this issue?

#2544 17 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Stronger coil may be a kludge, but so is a fan, sorry. I've owned a ton of games over the past 16 years and flipper fade has never been an issue. My LOTR was in a free play arcade being played 1000 times a week and flippers were strong all day (and they were original).
I'm not saying a fan isn't a good kludge, but maybe it would be interesting to understand the root cause. Did B/W games flippers run cooler? Did SAM/Whitestar games run cooler? Does the cheap Spike Chinese power supply have anything to do with this issue?

B/W also had fade issues on some machines as I recall. SAM/Whitestar also had fade issues. Spike continues the tradition. But while it can be programmed around to make it happen slower, the laws of thermodynamics will always win because the residual heat from the conversion of energy just builds up over time.

I think the reasons it hasn't been widely reported outside of REALLY BAD cases like LotR are at least twofold:

1. Most people don't play a pin long enough for the heat to build up
2. Most pins seem to fall into the mild/moderate fade which manifests as later game missed or bricked shots that the player attributes to themselves
3. For severe fade to happen, the pin has to be played for 60-90+ minutes on machines susceptible to it. (See #1)

Actively dissipating the heat is the solution that addresses the problem and completely fixes any hint of fade for as long as you want to play. A bigger coil does not.

#2545 17 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

B/W also had fade issues on some machines as I recall. SAM/Whitestar also had fade issues. Spike continues the tradition. But while it can be programmed around to make it happen slower, the laws of thermodynamics will always win because the residual heat from the conversion of energy just builds up over time.
I think the reasons it hasn't been widely reported outside of REALLY BAD cases like LotR are at least twofold:
1. Most people don't play a pin long enough for the heat to build up
2. Most pins seem to fall into the mild/moderate fade which manifests as later game missed or bricked shots that the player attributes to themselves
3. For severe fade to happen, the pin has to be played for 60-90+ minutes on machines susceptible to it. (See #1)
Actively dissipating the heat is the solution that addresses the problem and completely fixes any hint of fade for as long as you want to play. A bigger coil does not.

Thanks for the response.

I've held many tournaments at my home where the games were being played 4-6 hours straight. Serious players, no complaints about flipper fade on any of my games (all tournaments pre-Spike). And I know my guests aren't shy about bringing up issues with gameplay.

Simple question: Do you think this problem has gotten *worse* with the Spike platform?

#2546 17 days ago

Fade varies from game to game. Most times on stern games it comes in the way of shots changing ever so slightly. You can still make the shot but it’s way harder.

Mostly with backhanding ramps.

Flipper fade shows itself in most games during long pump and dump tournaments. That’s why you’ll hear everyone trying to get to games early in the day as they play better.

I’ve yet to play a LOTR that has stock coils and the center ramp doesn’t become borderline impossible to make over really long games.

The worst modern game for fade is stranger things by far. I think Virelands research says the same too. I’ve seen that it completely breaks two major shots in the game with stock coils and no fans after a very short period of time.

#2547 17 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Thanks for the response.
I've held many tournaments at my home where the games were being played 4-6 hours straight. Serious players, no complaints about flipper fade on any of my games (all tournaments pre-Spike). And I know my guests aren't shy about bringing up issues with gameplay.
Simple question: Do you think this problem has gotten *worse* with the Spike platform?

No, I actually think it's gotten better, because in my testing, I confirmed that hold (trap up, etc) has no real-world effect on temperatures with Spike2, where holding on SAM and Whitestar for a half hour would cause heat and likely risk blowing a transistor, too.

I think your tournament players (if they were playing Spike2, which is what I've tested) likely encountered fade, but didn't identify it as such because it was mild to moderate, which you can't recognize unless you're sensitized to it and can glance over at a real-time temp probe readout to confirm you've entered that zone. People blame themselves for "missing a shot" when they brick or miss, but when that happens at a higher frequency LATER in the game or after the game's been played a long time with very good players, my recent testing says they were probably experiencing the beginnings of fade - they just didn't realize it because it wasn't manifest as weak-feeling flippers or ramp rollbacks (which happen much later in the heat progression and few games get to).

Which leads me to - no, not all Spike2 have it. Star Wars, for reasons I can only guess at, is nowhere even close to the BEGINNINGS of fade. Avengers is mild fade for 60 mins or less, but jumps to severe fade once it gets close to 2 hours of continuous play. Stranger Things begins to fade after as little as 30 minutes - the fastest to get there in my testing so far.

So now that I'm on this, I intend to test ALL the Spike 2 and keep updating my chart so people know which games have it, and which don't, and also to have players PAY ATTENTION to shots that start getting missed or bricked after 45-60 minutes of play so they start to recognize mild to moderate fade, which they may have written off as them being tired or losing focus when it likely wasn't them at all.

I also am working on temperature probe "saddles" that people can buy to snap onto their coils that connect to a slimline dual temp display that can mount on the apron or over the shooter so people can see what their coils are doing, temp-wise, if they're just curious or to help sensitize them to the mild-moderate fade threshold. It's a cool area of pin tech that I'm surprised no one has really dug into up to now, most of all Stern, because I believe (though no proof yet) there are ways to slow down the coil heat buildup with changing the way the coil is pulsed or designing game software to give more "micro breaks"/pauses in the action or time away from the flippers (pop bumper) so the coils can cool a little (which is what I think is partially responsible for Star Wars' great flipper performance).

And anyone that has installed the flipper coil cooling kit I sell can tell you they absolutely 100% solve all fade problems. Easy to tell on obvious offenders like Stranger Things and long-play Avengers. I'm not making the problem or the benefit up. It's a complete accident that I even ended up doing these.

#2548 17 days ago
Quoted from metallik:

goat = greatest of all time. Not rude in that context.

I'm pretty sure I would have remembered them saying the goat guy was equal to the greatest of all time.

#2549 16 days ago

I got to play AIQ LE at a buddy's home. Initially, the videos of the game looked underwhelming. However, after playing, i believe this game, especially the prem/LE, is Elwin's SECOND best game. IMDN is the Best by Elwin IMO. I played at least 20 games.

My experience with AIQ is that it is a very challenging game, at least for a player of my skill. I am average at best. If I were a better player, and able to be more of a sharpshooter, this game would be my favorite, because there are so many shots. the PF is chock full of fun opportunities to hit satisfying shots. the third flipper is VERY well imtegrated; there are a bunch of really satisfying shots from that flipper. the ramps are amazing. the ball is all over the place. i really love the right and left orbit shots. to the left, it is a quick loop return to the pops in the upper left PF. the right loop hits a backpanel ramp returning to the right flipper. I love that shot!

the game has far less flow than IMDN, however. Perhaps due to my lack of skill, but it does NOT flow like Maiden at all. If you are a top level player, this is your game. the better you are, the funner it is.

I really did not like the FAT ramp in the middle. Even on clean shots, it seems to klunk and rattle all the way up the ramp. I like the voice work on the game, alot. the art by ZY is different this time. I believe ZY was restricted by the licensor on this game. He had to adjust his style a bit, especially when comparing the TMNT and IMDN art. you can tell he was forced to "duplicate" marvel comics instead of interpreting the art his own way. thats kind of a bummer for me, because ZY's special sauce is limited on this art package.

overall, a great game, which will sell well in any market. Elwin is the best designer at Stern by far.

#2550 11 days ago

really hard/fast/sensitive when talking about slingshots (depending on lots of things & setup of course), but here, if i dont deal will ALL ball touches, than it finish without a doubt in the outlanes

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
$ 55.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 26.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 2615 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 53.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside