Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 56.
#201 3 years ago

I prefer the comic book style but I’m also someone who doesn’t like the avenger movies

#202 3 years ago

The actor that played the black panther died yesterday...R.I.P

images.jpeg (resized).jpgimages.jpeg (resized).jpg

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Gomez confirmed in an interview that he stepped in and created a new Deadpool as they scrapped Trudeau’s design. He isn’t in the regular “rotation”.

Sorry I meant the second part about Steve.

#204 3 years ago

Buy licenses and little of the assets.
These interpretations of a theme sell just fine.

Reminds me a bit of watching a cover band in college.

#205 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Gomez confirmed in an interview that he stepped in and created a new Deadpool as they scrapped Trudeau’s design. He isn’t in the regular “rotation”.

Please don’t believe everything you hear. Dude is a salesman, he’s not going to say yeah the pedophile did about 85% of work and I finished it.

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Please don’t believe everything you hear.

I believe him in this case. Layout feels pretty Gomez-y all around; sword lock, Black Widow shot becoming the turnaround, Hawkeye left orbit that returns up a short ramp to the right flipper (on DP premium).

But the ramps are a dead giveaway. BOTH Deadpool ramps are the Batman 66 right ramp. Same part number and everything. If you were in a hurry to design a game, you'd probably grab a ramp from your previous game and re-use it. Twice.

#207 3 years ago

Those are very good points

#208 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I believe him in this case. Layout feels pretty Gomez-y all around; sword lock, Black Widow shot becoming the turnaround, Hawkeye left orbit that returns up a short ramp to the right flipper (on DP premium).
But the ramps are a dead giveaway. BOTH Deadpool ramps are the Batman 66 right ramp. Same part number and everything. If you were in a hurry to design a game, you'd probably grab a ramp from your previous game and re-use it. Twice.

I believe he said in the same interview everyone is referencing it was an easy corner to cut to conserve the BOM for other areas. I actually agreed with him on that point, I'd rather the money went to something else

#209 3 years ago

DP has some of the hallmarks of prior George Gomez games:
Across the playfield shot like on Avengers into the Sword ramp return like LOTR.
Drops like Avengers.
Left short turn around ramp similar to TF.
Left sided scoop shot like TF.
Spinner up the middle that screams back around to the left and pops on the right behind a feature - both just like MB.
ABSOLUTELY this is the best of Gomez all the way...

#210 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I prefer the comic book style but I’m also someone who doesn’t like the avenger movies

I agree. The real issue here will be the voice acting and call outs. Sterns track record sucks in this department.

#211 3 years ago

I skimmed through the teaser and was able to pick out the following characters:

Iron Man
Captain America
Black Widow
Thor
Hawkeye
Hulk
Captain Marvel
Black Panther
Wasp
Ant-Man (Maybe)
Scarlet Witch
Falcon
Dr. Strange
Vision
Ebony Maw
Proxima Midnight
Cull Obsidian
Corvus Glaive
Thanos

All that’s missing is War Machine, Spider-Man, Winter Soldier, Valkyrie, Korg & Meek, and The Guardians.

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

All that’s missing is War Machine, Spider-Man, Winter Soldier, Valkyrie, Korg & Meek, and The Guardians.

All depends on the licence and the deal made, although we saw the Guardians and Spider-Man in Avengers, that’s the MCU and done by Marvel/Disney themselves

Theres no saying they include them in a deal to someone looking to license the Avengers. They could require completely different licenses and a lot of extra dollars. War machine and Winter solider should definitely be there at least you’d expect to see them.

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

All depends on the licence and the deal made, although we saw the Guardians and Spider-Man in Avengers, that’s the MCU and done by Marvel/Disney themselves
Theres no saying they include them in a deal to someone looking to license the Avengers. They could require completely different licenses and a lot of extra dollars. War machine and Winter solider should definitely be there at least you’d expect to see them.

Since it's comics, Stern only needs to deal with Marvel. See Spider-Man Vault. Sony had zero involvement.

#214 3 years ago

Jumping ahead to minor details... might be nice if they made a lit shooter rod similar to JP2. Maybe offer different infinity stones lit up.

#215 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Since it's comics, Stern only needs to deal with Marvel. See Spider-Man Vault. Sony had zero involvement.

And if that's the case and it's an Infinity Gauntlet theme, there's a ton more characters. Galactus, Silver Surfer, Adam Warlock etc.

#216 3 years ago

I'm sorry but "I feel" that making a pinball machine based off of a comic book VS a movie is a terrible business decision. "I think" DP would've been so much better had it been based off the movie. I just personally don't care for anything modeled after the comics. I know I know, I'll hear "but at least you don't have to look at crappy photoshop with weak ink." Yes also true. I'm worried by doing this the whole voice thing will be a terrible debacle like JJP POTC.
I love Avengers and will surely seek this out to play it but for home .... probably not.

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I'm sorry but "I feel" that making a pinball machine based off of a comic book VS a movie is a terrible business decision. "I think" DP would've been so much better had it been based off the movie. I just personally don't care for anything modeled after the comics. I know I know, I'll hear "but at least you don't have to look at crappy photoshop with weak ink." Yes also true. I'm worried by doing this the whole voice thing will be a terrible debacle like JJP POTC.
I love Avengers and will surely seek this out to play it but for home .... probably not.

Yeah I don’t know how I feel about it either

BUT... JP is great

Yeti is doing the art and it won’t be crappy, just the opposite

Actually believe comic book is the way to go

They can put so much more into the game not having to pay the licensing

I feel this is different than Deadpool. Avengers is even more suited to comics for pinball

#218 3 years ago

Stern doesn't have the money/time/development resources to license and design the Marvel movie pin of your dreams. It's always going to be like Avengers 1.0 or GOTG at best. I'll take a Deadpool style game any day. It was never going to have Ryan Reynolds custom callouts. You just have to make peace with it.

#219 3 years ago

I prefer comic art 100% for super hero themes

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

I prefer comic art 100% for super hero themes

I prefer it for every theme. I have a SW comic edition and it looks amazing. The art in the latest Sterns has been fantastic.

#221 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I prefer it for every theme. I have a SW comic edition and it looks amazing. The art in the latest Sterns has been fantastic.

I wish they would bring back Dirty Donnie

My ASLE is the best looking game I’ve got

#222 3 years ago

I wonder how the video assets are going to be for this title. I really prefer when they have licensed video instead of Stern creating original video. That’s really my only concern. I’m sure Keith will design an amazing layout with fun code.

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

DP has some of the hallmarks of prior George Gomez games:
Across the playfield shot like on Avengers into the Sword ramp return like LOTR.
Drops like Avengers.
Left short turn around ramp similar to TF.
Left sided scoop shot like TF.
Spinner up the middle that screams back around to the left and pops on the right behind a feature - both just like MB.
ABSOLUTELY this is the best of Gomez all the way...

about DP, you forget the left lane back to the right & in reverse feed as AV for the LOKI lock
and because you name them, from a design point of view, TF is a real copy of MB : the mid-up playfield is simply mirored, the mid-down is the same...

#224 3 years ago

For me keith, yeti, and ANY THEME WORK! I wasn't big on Iron maiden or JP2 themes BUT Keith has the ability to build a layout and ruleset that I can always get behind! And Jeremy has done the best art in pinball for the past few years! Turtles is awesome, Deadpool is also Amazing and Ghostbusters is his best effort to date! Iron maiden was PHENOMENAL too! I'm interested in anything Keith is involved with.... his machine's are pretty much the only NIB I'll invest in.

#225 3 years ago

Comics all the way. Fuck the movie comic pins. Now if we could just a Batman Comic themed pin......

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Don’t think I ever mentioned Sony? The licences for use of Spider-Man and The Guardians are likely separate entities when it comes to licensing so Marvel/Disney probably want a tonne of money for the use of the Avengers but Spider-Man and Guardians those are separate, you want to use those pay up!

People think because of infinity war and endgame that everyone now comes under the avengers umbrella, Marvel/Disney did that themselves within their movie universe, likely not the same freedom for everyone else looking to licence from them.

#227 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I wonder how the video assets are going to be for this title. I really prefer when they have licensed video instead of Stern creating original video. That’s really my only concern. I’m sure Keith will design an amazing layout with fun code.

I expect it to be just like Jurassic park.

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

Comics all the way. Fuck the movie comic pins. Now if we could just a Batman Comic themed pin......

Sure if that’s your taste, but based on SM and SW comic versions, Distro’s are still sitting on stock.

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Sure if that’s your taste, but based on SM and SW comic versions, Distro’s are still sitting on stock.

Both of these pins came out much later after most who wanted it had already bought the earlier version. For superhero stuff I prefer the comics as that to me is the original version, which are often redone several times with films. For SW I prefer it based on the films as that is the version I remember growing up with and the comics came later.

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Well I think if u don't already own SW's ur going comic book as for SM, the art kinda sucks and the music/callouts are horrendous.

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

Now if we could just a Batman Comic themed pin......

That or this.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
#232 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

And yet they can’t get enough Deadpool’s to keep up with demand. 2 years later people are still trying to find pros and premiums.

#233 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That or this.
[quoted image]

100% this!

#234 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I was just talking to a distro yesterday and he was saying how well the comic versions sell. If I was a distro I would stock what sells if I could. Just saying.

On a personal note. I do really like the comic versions for all the reasons people have mentioned. Also, for me, the movie versions of these characters and stories are not necessarily the definitive versions. I love the movies. But they are largely rehashed versions of stories from books, comics, tv shows, animated features, toys, video games, etcetera. I'm used to seeing these characters in different media, portrayed slightly differently, different actors, voice actors, artists, etcetera. Pinball is just one more. So it doesn't seem weird to me when it doesn't match the movie.

#235 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That or this.
[quoted image]

And don’t forget about this

4D2CEDE1-9BFB-44B9-9DFB-EBE99382C40E (resized).jpeg4D2CEDE1-9BFB-44B9-9DFB-EBE99382C40E (resized).jpeg
#236 3 years ago

I couldn't be more excited for this. Already trying to figure out how to make room.

#237 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I couldn't be more excited for this. Already trying to figure out how to make room.

Might I suggest selling me that gotg pin of yours. Now you have money and space serious offer, haha

#238 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I wish they would bring back Dirty Donnie
My ASLE is the best looking game I’ve got

I thought for sure this statement would have unearthed O-din. He must be taking his break seriously.

#239 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

maybe the codename for this was led zep

Or Godzilla.

#240 3 years ago

Will the playfield art & clearcoat turn into dust like all those Avengers did in Infinity War?

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Will the playfield art & clearcoat turn into dust like all those Avengers did in Infinity War?

But with this one, just a finger snap and it's like new, every time.

#242 3 years ago

Sigh....another boring super hero themed pin.
Can we stop making bazillion of these and try some new, original themes instead. And please, not more boring music pins either.

I love unique themes like junk yard, medieval madness, white water, scared stiff and so on. Those games were/are much more original and fun than most new pins being produced today in my opinion.

#243 3 years ago

Unfortunately those aren’t the games that sell and Stern is in the business of selling games.

#244 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Can we stop making bazillion of these and try some new, original themes instead. And please, not more boring music pins either.
I love unique themes like junk yard, medieval madness, white water, scared stiff and so on. Those games were/are much more original and fun than most new pins being produced today in my opinion.

There are some recent titles like that: Dialed In, America’s Most Haunted, Hot Wheels, Oktoberfest

#245 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

There are some recent titles like that: Dialed In, America’s Most Haunted, Hot Wheels, Oktoberfest

Those were big sellers, right?

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Those were big sellers, right?

Well, exactly. All the people that want original titles, Put your money we’re your mouth is and go buy the original titles. I’m sure you all bought a Dialed In at least.

#247 3 years ago

Any expectations for a topper? Any guesses how long it’ll take to ship?

Elwin didn’t seem to put much thought into his toppers for IM and JP. Maybe throw the Infinity Gauntlet on top and lighting the stones is a backbox feature. I wonder if it’ll have an exclusive mode like JP.

#248 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Any expectations for a topper? Any guesses how long it’ll take to ship?
Elwin didn’t seem to put much thought into his toppers for IM and JP. Maybe throw the Infinity Gauntlet on top and lighting the stones is a backbox feature. I wonder if it’ll have an exclusive mode like JP.

Is a snapping infinity gauntlet too much to ask? It snaps when ball save happens, and the gems light up. When you do something good, you get a thumbs up...could be like a cross between addams family thing and the avengers gauntlet.

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Might I suggest selling me that gotg pin of yours. Now you have money and space serious offer, haha

Hahaha, dang. Only like 1% of me is willing to sell GotG, but that may increase. I'm really gonna have to put some effort into rearranging the garage to fit all this in.

#250 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I see by looking at your collection you don't have quite a few of the following list of original themes in your collection... Dialed In, America’s Most Haunted, Hot Wheels, Oktoberfest, Whoa Nelly, Houdini, TNA

Maybe you should put your money where your mouth is and actually buy some of the original themes that are being made and more companies will go that way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,000 (OBO)
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 125.00
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Newnan, GA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.