Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 56.
#151 3 years ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

Spooky does a pretty good job selling original themes. If they didnt limit a production of 500, dont you think they would have sold more? You seem to be a pretty big fan of VOL. Do you not think that if Stern were to put assets into something like that, that it would sell like hotcakes? I most certainly do.

I’ll believe it when I seen it. I fully believe that everyone that wants a TNA has one.

LOV is incredible. But I’m one person. It’s not like the videos of that have thousands and thousands of views and the thread for it is exploding. If LOV got picked up, I could see it doing better than any other original theme before it for sure.

#152 3 years ago

Chad Boseman, AKA the actor who plays the Black Panther just passed. Figure that Marvel will be in the news for the next few days.

#153 3 years ago

This theme is old why now? This should of came out with the movie.

#154 3 years ago

big release coming from the videogame scene. Bee getting a lot of buzz. Also - it's avengers. Not sure with that many super heros it will ever get old BUT for me, complete sleeper.

Batman.....yes please.

#155 3 years ago

to follow

#156 3 years ago
D21F4316-5839-471F-95F6-3632E9809B43 (resized).jpegD21F4316-5839-471F-95F6-3632E9809B43 (resized).jpeg
#157 3 years ago

This title! Elwin design!

Guaranteed winner.

Some great pins coming out of Stern.

#158 3 years ago

If this is true, they have my attention. I'm not a big comic book fan, but I'll tolerate the theme for another original Elwin game.

#159 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

I can't think of a worse theme for pinball than Led fucking Zeppelin.

I can. AC/DC. What a crap theme. But the game was awesome, so I had to buy it.
Metallica. Barf. Oh, Fount it’s a great game, crap, had to buy it.

Iron Maiden. Yuck... and I didn’t like the game that much, so I didn’t buy it.

So, 2 out of 3 of my old guy band pin examples are awesome. And honestly, I feel the same way about Zep. However, if it’s really awesome and fun to play, I’d still give it a try. And if I like it, I’d probably buy one. That’s the cool part about pinball. I say I’m theme driven, but I’m game enjoyment driven. I’ll bring in a theme I’m not wild about if the game is amazing.

#160 3 years ago
Quoted from Percula:

By that logic Batman 66 should have come out in 1966 or TMNT should have come out years ago? Munsters, Beatles... Elvira... <insert geriatric Rock Bands here>, a lot of Sterns themes are "old", I suspect the answer to why now is because they think it will sell.

#161 3 years ago
Quoted from Percula:

Quoted from roar:

By that logic Batman 66 should have come out in 1966 or TMNT should have come out years ago? Munsters, Beatles... Elvira... <insert geriatric Rock Bands here>, a lot of Sterns themes are "old", I suspect the answer to why now is because they think it will sell.

Not to mention the people saying its a year late are also some of the ones clamoring for a Jaws pin....

#162 3 years ago

Yeah I didn’t think like that

#163 3 years ago

And I own a Munsters

#164 3 years ago

Spelling correct Ya. Lol

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from Percula:

And I own a Munsters

I think it would be fair to say comparing the release of Batman/Munsters/Beatles to TMNT or Avengers End Game isn't really valid, there does appear to be a missed opportunity with Avengers or heck even Deadpool as both could have tied into movies if that is what art direction and timing would have allowed. I think the simple truth is life isn't perfect, if Stern thinks they can make money they will release quite literally any title at any time, our hopes and desires be damned on timing .

#166 3 years ago

All good points I was just hoping for a better theme or a theme that I would buy. I love Marvel movies too but not in pinball .

#167 3 years ago

Maybe all those complaining about old man band themes will run out and buy a Justin Bieber pin. Baby Baby multiball. How awesome!!

Quoted from roar:

I think it would be fair to say comparing the release of Batman/Munsters/Beatles to TMNT or Avengers End Game isn't really valid, there does appear to be a missed opportunity with Avengers or heck even Deadpool as both could have tied into movies if that is what art direction and timing would have allowed. I think the simple truth is life isn't perfect, if Stern thinks they can make money they will release quite literally any title at any time, our hopes and desires be damned on timing .

#168 3 years ago

Sounds like will be more like Deadpool or JP2. Will be comic based (especially looking at pictures) and no film voices or clips. Will likely have main Avengers theme song. It is a pass for me. But the Elwin fans will eat it up and look past their chipped playfields and crummy mechs.

#169 3 years ago

"Comic based" means for me this game will be timeless and will not age. Keith Ellwin design. I don't like movie based comic games but this is could be an epic game.

#170 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Maybe all those complaining about old man band themes will run out and buy a Justin Bieber pin. Baby Baby multiball. How awesome!!

Bieber owes me a car as far as I'm concerned Ed! First concert I took my girls to was a JB concert at the Sky Dome and when we got out of it the car was gone! Bad JB memories here

Edit: And for the record I love the old man band theme games, MET, IMDN and AC/DC have all been through the house and I'd love to give Aerosmith a go.

#171 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Sounds like will be more like Deadpool or JP2. Will be comic based (especially looking at pictures) and no film voices or clips. Will likely have main Avengers theme song. It is a pass for me. But the Elwin fans will eat it up and look past their chipped playfields and crummy mechs.

I did with tmnt. No regrets for that being my first LE. If this one looks sweet, might have to unload a pin and do it again!

#172 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Bieber owes me a car as far as I'm concerned Ed! First concert I took my girls to was a JB concert at the Sky Dome and when we got out of it the car was gone! Bad JB memories here
Edit: And for the record I love the old man band theme games, MET, IMDN and AC/DC have all been through the house and I'd love to give Aerosmith a go.

Oh that sucks. Having your car stolen sucks huge. I can only imagine...

Yea I really like the band themes too. I for one am looking forward to LZ. If it's good, NiB for me.

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Oh that sucks. Having your car stolen sucks huge. I can only imagine...
Yea I really like the band themes too. I for one am looking forward to LZ. If it's good, NiB for me.

I'll help you unbox

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I'll help you unbox

Sounds like a plan. I will keep you posted. Been a while.

#175 3 years ago

Elwin design? I'm in for an LE. The guy is 2 for 2, 2 home runs. How can I not buy #3?

BUT the theme is another insipid title from Stern. Their first Avengers pin was a dud, one that got GG "elevated" from game design.

#176 3 years ago

Look forward to the game. All pinball is cool!!! Can’t wait to see the game!!!

#177 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Elwin design? I'm in for an LE. The guy is 2 for 2, 2 home runs. How can I not buy #3?
BUT the theme is another insipid title from Stern. Their first Avengers pin was a dud, one that got GG "elevated" from game design.

Couldn't agree more! Gonna have to buy it because of Elwin and Stern is taking advantage of that for sure but hey, if it's great like the other two i can look past that theme. I did it with JP and don't regret it one bit.

Bring on Kapow's James Bond.

#178 3 years ago

I was hoping for Godzilla or BTTF. So, if this debuts in a few days, when would the next theme be introduced? January?

#179 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives

Tapeworms: Friend or Foe?

#180 3 years ago

Avengers Endgame is the biggest grossing movie of all time.

How is this not a good theme for Stern?

And Stern know that with a Keith design, they are going to sell a huge amount of these.

The average person on location would rather battle against Avengers than go toe to toe with a WONKA!!

#181 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Avengers Endgame is the biggest grossing movie of all time

It’s not “Endgame”. It’s not the MCU. It’s the comics. Avengers: Infinity War.

Which, IMHO, is a good thing. In the LCD era, live action licenses are a lot harder to do properly. It’s not like you can go film new bits specific to pinball or the modes you need or whatever.

#182 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

I can't think of a worse theme for pinball than Led fucking Zeppelin.

I can, easily.
Katy fucking Perry
Taylor fucking Swift
Justin fucking Bieber

The list goes on...

#183 3 years ago

Does it really matter what the theme is or who the designer is? If Stern cannot prove they are providing better quality control, I ain't buying. I'll wait and see what issues owners are reporting after 6 months of ownership. I have plenty of other games to play in the meantime, I'm in no rush to give Stern my money.

#184 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Does it really matter what the theme is or who the designer is? If Stern cannot prove they are providing better quality control, I ain't buying. I'll wait and see what issues owners are reporting after 6 months of ownership. I have plenty of other games to play in the meantime, I'm in no rush to give Stern my money.

Of course it matters who the designer and what the theme is. If Stern stopped making games it would suck big time! I'm excited even though I won't be buying one in 2020. I just bought my JP Premium a couple months ago. I've bought KME's first 2 titles and will likely purchase this one as well once the time is right.

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

This is what makes me nervous for sure. The theme is perfect for me and I am thrilled with the designer and artist. But man, do I pull the trigger on my first NIB, when its such a crap shoot.

#186 3 years ago

This game is going to get online co-op because the avengers need to assemble

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from JRay23:

This is what makes me nervous for sure. The theme is perfect for me and I am thrilled with the designer and artist. But man, do I pull the trigger on my first NIB, when its such a crap shoot.

If you're nervous, just wait 6 months and buy one HUO when you can inspect it and save money in the process. No one is forcing you to buy NIB.

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Who's up in rotation? Gomez? Ritchie?
Seems like a Gomez pin for various reasons.

If they rotate, it seems like Gomez is up, as his last effort Deadpool was released well before those of all the other Stern designers. I guess I would rather not see Gomez do another Avengers as I would like the layout to be fresh. Really, it would be a nice curveball to see either Elwin or Eddy on Avengers: End Game (or whatever this latest iteration is). Borg and Ritchie would seem to be out of the running, no? Of course, the biggest curveball would be Timballs on design!

#189 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

This game is going to get online co-op because the avengers need to assemble

But, what if you don't play as the Avengers and it's a Thanos driven story?

#190 3 years ago

Comic based... so everyone can’t complain about lack of movie music and screen voice actors

#191 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Comic based... so everyone can’t complain about lack of movie music and screen voice actors

Also saves mega money not having to licence all those actors likeness and voices.

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

If you're nervous, just wait 6 months and buy one HUO when you can inspect it and save money in the process. No one is forcing you to buy NIB.

I get it, I am just thrilled with this theme and was hoping to buy a limited. Im not trying to complain, I dont really care about dimpling, i have a ghostbusters lol.

#193 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

If they rotate, it seems like Gomez is up, as his last effort Deadpool was released well before those of all the other Stern designers. I guess I would rather not see Gomez do another Avengers as I would like the layout to be fresh. Really, it would be a nice curveball to see either Elwin or Eddy on Avengers: End Game (or whatever this latest iteration is). Borg and Ritchie would seem to be out of the running, no? Of course, the biggest curveball would be Timballs on design!

Gomez only made Deadpool because of issues with Trudeau, he overseas pinball operations and only fills in when necessary.

Ritchie is up, but it doesn’t seem he is as efficient as Elwin making games.

#194 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

The dude is 70 years old. I wouldnt expect him to put in the hours that the younger guys do. He's earned that. I know I don't plan on working full time when I'm 70.

#195 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It’s not “Endgame”. It’s not the MCU. It’s the comics. Avengers: Infinity War.
Which, IMHO, is a good thing. In the LCD era, live action licenses are a lot harder to do properly. It’s not like you can go film new bits specific to pinball or the modes you need or whatever.

Agree - it ticks all the boxes for a juggernaut theme.

Huge theme, low cost licensing - big win for Stern.

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Also saves mega money not having to licence all those actors likeness and voices.

This is a huge factor. Everyone’s face you can see, everyone’s voice you can hear; that’s another contract.

#197 3 years ago

And Stern struck gold with hiring Keith.

I think Maiden is probably the best game of all time.

Not saying it's my all time fav but damn, it's good.

And still got a long awaited code update to come!

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Gomez only made Deadpool because of issues with Trudeau, he overseas pinball operations and only fills in when necessary.

not sure that stands up to scrutiny!

Covid has caused Stern's schedule to be different for this year. Could be its ready to roll.

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

not sure that stands up to scrutiny!
Covid has caused Stern's schedule to be different for this year. Could be its ready to roll.

Gomez confirmed in an interview that he stepped in and created a new Deadpool as they scrapped Trudeau’s design. He isn’t in the regular “rotation”.

#200 3 years ago

Hmm, elwin, avengers, could be good! However Im sure JP did well, but I do prefer having assets rather than the 'comic book' like xmen, JP, deadpool. We'll see

Maybe iron man will stay the only good marvel pin?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,644 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 34.00
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/4?hl=rgarriott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.