Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)
20201230_195950 (resized).jpg
20201230_121407 (resized).jpg
20201230_103902 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,745 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 55.
#2201 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I might be wrong, but I thought on the reveal stream they said there aren't negative shots and the Avenger's health bar goes down over time & there's also a countdown timer for when the enemy is going to attack to cause additional damage. And then how much health you have left at the end of the mode impacts your scoring. Not sure if my memory's accurate on that, but I thought that's the way it works.

Sounds way more exciting than i thought. Thanks

#2202 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

That's my OCD kicking in :O

great stream, just watched...appreciate you explaining the rules and how to play the game.

#2203 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Also hoping for some battle damage character screens for when you're doing battle other than just the health bar.. maybe that's my gamer brain talking but it would be cool to see beat up stages of the enemies (or heroes) when you're in battle to add to the effect whether you're losing, or winning the fight.

Stuff like this seems important now that you can only watch someone else, but when you play the game, concerns like that typically melt away. Who's looking up every time they hit a shot? This game is too fast for that.

#2204 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

The modes seem to feel all sameish (not in the rules, but rather in their presentation).

One thing I probably missed, what's the significance of how many heroes are in each gem quest? I know the number is fixed, but does it matter if it's one hero or four? If it's just for display/story purposes that's fine I guess, but it doesn't help much in avoiding "colored arrow syndrome."

I know in Battle Royale each hero has a health bar that runs down over time, so there it definitely matters how many you have, but in gem quests I don't think that's the case.

#2205 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Don't learn how to deathsave!
You'll never be the same!

Teach me, oh great one.

too-old-to-begin-the-training (resized).jpgtoo-old-to-begin-the-training (resized).jpg
#2206 3 years ago

I think just a little more polish on the fight choreography and it will be golden. Right now, the fights/modes just seem to end - and the game sounds and music are the same whether you win or lose the battles. Deadpool was like this too in the early code, but added victory animations if the player wins the battle which provided more of a "moment" and made battles feel significant. The Gamma Ray mode choreography is great, but again, it just seems to end without much fanfare even if the player hits the shot. Some players may only be able to get through one battle per game, and if the game plays music and lights flash for winning the battle, they may be more likely to come back to play again.

Adding a quick line onscreen of the Infinity Gem abilities at the time of selecting a battle would also be huge, similar to how later Deadpool code added a description of the available Team-Ups on the screen when selecting a battle. Just helpful info for the player, especially newer players who may not yet know the ins and outs of the game. Probably need one more instructional call-out to tell the player to collect the gem and where to shoot if they completed a battle.

#2207 3 years ago

Oh oh! Did Jack Danger beat the Final Wizard mode on the first night? Is the code too easy?

#2208 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Oh oh! Did Jack Danger beat the Final Wizard mode on the first night? Is the code too easy?

Loose tilt, 10 ball, death saves a plenty.

#2209 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

No.

#2210 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Loose tilt, 10 ball, death saves a plenty.

Loose?

He literally dropped the Bob into the cabinet where the coin box goes...

Actually not sure why it was giving him dangers still.

#2211 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Loose?

Quoted from DeadFlip:

Tiltbob was on, just mega loose. (I trolled with a bob I had from my Sam prototype)
Exhibition games are meant for easier exploration.

#2212 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Loose?

Lol

Still, he's pretty f ing good. Tilt bob or not.

He got through the game on 5 balls with death saves and EB's. Didn't need 10, the final 5 was just chopping wood

I mean i'm 6-3 and 230 and can throw a pin around but he's 6-7 and just leverages up on that thing!

#2213 3 years ago

Shaft was dangling !!! Giving Danger...“Dangers“

#2214 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol
Still, he's pretty f ing good. Tilt bob or not.
He got through the game on 5 balls with death saves and EB's. Didn't need 10, the final 5 was just chopping wood
I mean i'm 6-3 and 230 and can throw a pin around but he's 6-7 and just leverages up on that thing!

It's not always about physical strength, Jack has serious skill and knows exactly how to shake and wiggle.

Even with the loose bob, he had a miraculous right outlane wiggle back without even a warning (prior to the youtube portion)

He has a ton of technical skills.

He knows how to manipulate balls.

#2215 3 years ago

Yes, I chose all my words exactly as I wanted to in that last post.

#2216 3 years ago

So I saw 5-10 minutes of the masked up first stream. Looks like several have been done since.
Which one should I spend 5-10 more minutes watching?

Appreciate suggestions as these can be really helpful but also drone on a bit.
Really look forward to playing it.

#2217 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

It's not always about physical strength, Jack has serious skill and knows exactly how to shake and wiggle.
Even with the loose bob, he had a miraculous right outlane wiggle back without even a warning (prior to the youtube portion)
He has a ton of technical skills.
He knows how to manipulate balls.

Finesse and strength. I saw that right lane wiggle back. That was crazy. It was like a 25 foot jumper that bounced around the rim 10 times and then out.

"Manipulating balls" is a crucial thing.

#2218 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

So I saw 5-10 minutes of the masked up first stream. Looks like several have been done since.
Which one should I spend 5-10 more minutes watching?
Appreciate suggestions as these can be really helpful but also drone on a bit.
Really look forward to playing it.

I would say go to balls 3-5 in last night's stream. You'll get what you need there, or not.

#2219 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I would say go to balls 3-5 in last night's stream. You'll get what you need there, or not.

All I needed. Thanks sir!

#2220 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Finesse and strength. I saw that right lane wiggle back. That was crazy. It was like a 25 foot jumper that bounced around the rim 10 times and then out.
"Manipulating balls" is a crucial thing.

I'm not angry at this conversation about my "Ball Manipulation"

#2221 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Jack has serious skill and knows exactly how to shake and wiggle.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1306438865335603201

#2222 3 years ago

Just wanted to share.

There are a bunch of different molds, and Quality out there.
This is what we liked best. Around $5-$7 with shipping, Ebay and Aliexpress.

Gauntlet (resized).jpgGauntlet (resized).jpg
#2223 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

One big thing I hope can be changed is explaining the gems to the player.
They only tell you what there "power" is once you place it on a shot.
I think if the mode select screen said something before you even select the gem mode it would be more user friendly. (Especially if you don't own the game or have had limited playtime)
This gives a player who may not be a pro at least a choice of something to boost a shot that they are aware of before having to win it.
Add to that, to place a gem you have to shoot the shot, which means, you likely arent looking at the display when you do it.
Just my thought, and I hope it makes sense to those reading.

+1 thats what i thought too, but maybe its too much info for the screen?

#2224 3 years ago

What are your toughts about pins falling out of the captain marvel ramp onto the playfield? Has this potential for damage?

#2225 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

What are your toughts about pins falling out of the captain marvel ramp onto the playfield? Has this potential for damage?

A 80g metal pinball (especially an air ball), vs a automotive grade clear coated piece of wood. The pinball will win that battle every time. If you are constantly worried about damage. you might be in the wrong hobby...

If you want to protect the playfield, and allow the clear coat to get as hard as possible over time. The only thing I can think of is; a clear (Pet-G) type playfield protector overlay.

Elwin has said, the clear window subway in AIQ is the same material, as the window in Metallic LE/Prem. and that window has held up pretty good for 7 years .

#2226 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

What are your toughts about pins falling out of the captain marvel ramp onto the playfield?

I don't think it call fall onto wood. If the shot goes halfway up, it drops onto the curved metal entrance. Once it makes the vertical 180 it's trapped in habitrail.

#2227 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I don't think it call fall onto wood. If the shot goes halfway up, it drops onto the curved metal entrance. Once it makes the vertical 180 it's trapped in habitrail.

After the pinball passes the clear plastic protector in front of the 78 degree captain marvel ramp, the ball is not trapped. and if the pinball doesn’t have enough velocity, the ball will fall out of the habitrail ramp, onto the playfield. I have watched YouTube videos at .25 speed, and have seen it happen.

But, my bigger concern is the Sanctum target. It is a massive air ball generator. I have seen the ball launch from the Sanctum target in mid air, to the left sling shot, before it hit the playfield at .25 speed on YouTube.

A aftermarket clear air ball protector. similar to the one that the mod people made for Ghostbusters, near the standup targets on that steep ramp. will be needed on AIQ IMHO.

#2228 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

After the pinball passes the clear plastic protector in front of the 78 degree captain marvel ramp, the ball is not trapped. and if the pinball doesn’t have enough velocity, the ball will fall out of the habitrail ramp, onto the playfield. I have watched YouTube videos at .25 speed, and have seen it happen.
But, my bigger concern is the Sanctum target. It is a massive air ball generator. I have seen the ball launch from the Sanctum target in mid air, to the left sling shot, before it hit the playfield at .25 speed on YouTube.
A aftermarket clear air ball protector. similar to the one that the mod people made for Ghostbusters, near the standup targets on that steep ramp. will be needed on AIQ IMHO.

Yeah I've also seen it dropping to the PF. Thats why I asked what you think about it.

Quoted from Pinzzz:

A 80g metal pinball (especially an air ball), vs a automotive grade clear coated piece of wood. The pinball will win that battle every time. If you are constantly worried about damage. you might be in the wrong hobby...
If you want to protect the playfield (like it’s a prized piano) and allow the clear coat to get as hard as possible over time. The only thing I can think of is; a clear (Pet-G) type playfield protector overlay.
Elwin has said, the clear window subway in AIQ is the same material, as the window in Metallic LE/Prem. and that window has held up pretty good for 7 years .

You got me totally wrong. I have no protectors on all my games. I don't care about dimples. Pooling is a small issue for me but I don't loose my mind about it. But after seeing the ball fall out of the highpoint of the 180 multiple times i thought it may be worth the question. That is quiet some height to drop balls.

#2229 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

Yeah I've also seen it dropping to the PF. Thats why I asked what you think about it.

You got me totally wrong. I have no protectors on all my games. I don't care about dimples. Pooling is a small issue for me but I don't loose my mind about it. But after seeing the ball fall out of the highpoint of the 180 multiple times i thought it may be worth the question. That is quiet some height to drop balls.

Ahh, okay. it also appears that the gauntlet ramp, drop to upper flipper, is no slouch either. It might be around 1/2 the drop distant, of the CM missed loop shot drop.

#2230 3 years ago

As good as this one was, there was a better one. It was while Gavin was still there so jack would still be wearing his mask.

#2231 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Actually not sure why it was giving him dangers still

Even if Jack is manipulating his balls with extra vigor, the shaft can still trigger.....

Edit: but seriously the tilt bob shaft can trigger a tilt without the bob on it if it’s shaken vigorously enough.

#2232 3 years ago

Does anyone else hope that the Gauntlet in the LE/ Prem will look a little better in the production games ? Maybe the one we have seen is just a prototype ?

#2233 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Does anyone else hope that the Gauntlet in the LE/ Prem will look a little better in the production games ? Maybe the one we have seen is just a prototype ?

It’s based off the comic books

47A39BC4-4D10-4566-A254-10BA0B9FAA8F (resized).jpeg47A39BC4-4D10-4566-A254-10BA0B9FAA8F (resized).jpeg
#2234 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s based off the comic books[quoted image]

This is where I get hella confused...

Isn't the gauntlet supposed to be the left hand?

I'm not a comic aficionado, so I'm happy to be corrected.

#2235 3 years ago

No clue I’m a comic book dummy too. All the stones are gems, they are different colors, etc. I only know the movies.

#2236 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

sn't the gauntlet supposed to be the left hand?

Herr.

By the way noone should (keep) bitching about sound(music) too dark, about unfunny quotes and any else about the theme before he has read the comic (not you your question is legit). Elwin said the pin is based on the comic alone. He not only said that the poin is based on the comic alone but also that noone can expect the vibe of the movie bc it were totally different in style. You then Sir have ordered the wrong pin.

hand (resized).jpghand (resized).jpg
#2237 3 years ago

What about possibly rigging these up to use the power in the game instead of batteries. They could be put basically everywhere...

On Etsy.

Infinity Stones (resized).pngInfinity Stones (resized).png
#2238 3 years ago

The glove looks fine to me. It based on the comics, which is a pure yellow glove.

LE should be here soon!

#2239 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Just wanted to share.
This is what we liked best. Around $5-$7 with shipping, Ebay and Aliexpress.[quoted image]

Expect to see them turned in to mods by the usual suspects immediately - only $99 plus shipping.

#2240 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

This is where I get hella confused...
Isn't the gauntlet supposed to be the left hand?
I'm not a comic aficionado, so I'm happy to be corrected.

AIQ gauntlet glove is the left hand...

#2241 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Just wanted to share.
This is what we liked best. Around $5-$7 with shipping, Ebay and Aliexpress.[quoted image]

Might be nice as a shooter rod.

#2242 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I'm not angry at this conversation about my "Ball Manipulation"

Wait, isn’t this thread about Avengers? “Bu dump bump.”

#2243 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Might be nice as a shooter rod.

I have a couple more models, yet to arrive, to try as a shooter rod.

These are plated plastic, and hollow, so not very durable as a shooter rod, unless filled.
They are a bit small, for this...

I think they are great as a Keychain, or a Playfield Mod on a Pro.

Dont know if my son will continue on a "Skin" for the gauntlet in Premium to dress it up.....

Perhaps thats something you do best!

#2244 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I have a couple more models, yet to arrive, to try as a shooter rod.
These are plated plastic, and hollow, so not very durable as a shooter rod, unless filled.
They are a bit small, for this...
I think they are great as a Keychain, or a Playfield Mod on a Pro.
Dont know if my son will continue on a "Skin" for the gauntlet in Premium to dress it up.....
Perhaps thats something you do best!

i'm not sure we are going to touch the gauntlet. Like others have mentioned, it's designed to be like the comic book and its a pretty good rendition from what I can tell. I'm not really sure what we are going to do for this game yet, have a few ideas, but i need a closer view of the playfield, how the game plays and it's cues to figure out some interactivity. I have an LE coming so hope it's here soon. Jack's stream was well done and I really like the rules and layout.

#2245 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

i'm not sure we are going to touch the gauntlet. Like others have mentioned, it's designed to be like the comic book and its a pretty good rendition from what I can tell. I'm not really sure what we are going to do for this game yet, have a few ideas, but i need a closer view of the playfield, how the game plays and it's cues to figure out some interactivity. I have an LE coming so hope it's here soon. Jack's stream was well done and I really like the rules and layout.

I feel like doing a new Stark Tower surround with some cool lighting would look awesome!

#2246 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Comic book or not, my money will go to the one who will make a nice gauntlet mod.
The factory one is terrible.

#2247 3 years ago

My complaint with the premium/LE gauntlet isn't the glove, but the gems. Most of the time they'll be unlit & white. Even when lit they still look a little milky. I'm sure someone will come up with translucent color-matched replacements.

#2248 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Comic book or not, my money will go to the one who will make a nice gauntlet mod.
The factory one is terrible.

Unless it will be painted ( like sparky on met)

#2249 3 years ago

The shooter rod in the accessories video looks to be the same as the Jurassic Park shooter rod, just without the insect/amber color. I'm hoping that the shooter plate will light up in different colors (as per the gems in play) since the gem piece looks to be clear. I have the JP shooter rod and I like it a lot.

#2250 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

The shooter rod in the accessories video looks to be the same as the Jurassic Park shooter rod, just without the insect/amber color. I'm hoping that the shooter plate will light up in different colors (as per the gems in play) since the gem piece looks to be clear. I have the JP shooter rod and I like it a lot.

Thats actually a good idea. Have the knob a crystal, and rgb lit in relation to crystals on playfield.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
8,924 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 16.00
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coopersburg, PA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,745 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 55.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/45?hl=saddath and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.