Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 56.
#2151 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Killer stream deadflip !! That Cradle ball/Death save you did was the stuff of legends.. wow!

https://clips.twitch.tv/DeliciousAffluentKimchiPeteZarollTie

#2152 3 years ago

Is there a pro video?

#2154 3 years ago

Great stream again.
My only complain is the language

On a previous stream, i asked if there were negative shots during battle. You said no. Don’t you think it could be a cool feature to have negative shots like on Alien during battles (or at least for one battle)?
All battles are in the same « conception »? Hitting colored shots of the avenger to defeat the villain?

#2155 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

My only complainT is this comment on "language"

#2156 3 years ago

Great stream again.
On a previous stream, i asked if there were negative shots during battle. You said no. Don’t you think it could be a cool feature to have negative shots like on Alien during battles (or at least for one battle)?
All battles are in the same « conception »? Hitting colored shots of the avenger to defeat the villain?

I do TRY not to swear, but sometimes a game just pulls it out of ya. Haha

#2157 3 years ago

One of the things I like the most about DeadFlip streams is the colorful and creative language. Jack cracks me up with some of the stuff he says.

#2158 3 years ago

negative shots during battle.

If there’s no negative shots, How does the enemy inflict damage on you?

#2159 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I do TRY not to swear, but sometimes a game just pulls it out of ya. Haha

You misunderstood me. Hard for me with spoken english
Maybe next stream will be in french! So you can swear as long as you want lol

#2160 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If there’s no negative shots, How does the enemy inflict damage on you?

If you know Alien you would know it is possible. You need to hit blue shots but not green ones. Easy to say, not always to do. You hit green one, you need to hit blue one more that you had to do.

I think in a battle configuration, it fits well that kind of mode.

#2161 3 years ago

Really liked the stream, great job Jack. A little concerning that Jack beat Thanos on his 5th ball with limited playtime on the machine. He is obviously well above average but wow. I saw the death saves and I know the tilt bob was...inactive but still.

#2162 3 years ago

I like the idea of an negative shot as well... what are those little black stand ups do? Might be good for a negative shot... if you miss your ramp shot and hit one of those, bam, negative shot and it takes away one shot option. Or if you ball is out of control, hits one, bam, negative shot.

#2163 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Really liked the stream, great job Jack. A little concerning that Jack beat Thanos on his 5th ball with limited playtime on the machine. He is obviously well above average but wow. I saw the death saves and I know the tilt bob was...inactive but still.

Hahaha.
10-balls Yes
Deathsaves Always
Tiltbob was on, just mega loose. (I trolled with a bob I had from my Sam prototype)
Exhibition games are meant for easier exploration. Also, Ray said he fixed some of the stuff we were going through last night.

#2164 3 years ago

Dang ya'll trying to make this game harder? I own GotG and still haven't gotten to Save Xandar.

#2165 3 years ago

There must be some sort of sort of negative shots for the enemy to inflict damage? Unless it’s just time? How does Deadpool inflict damage on the player during a battle?

#2166 3 years ago

From what I gather, there are no negative shots but if you lose the battle you lose the gem and the foe gets it. Nothing more negative than that.

Quoted from cooked71:

There must be some sort of sort of negative shots for the enemy to inflict damage? Unless it’s just time? How does Deadpool inflict damage on the player during a battle?

#2167 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

It's not really that concerning. Without deathsaves and with a tiltbob that would have been 8-10 balls likely.

Also I guess beating thanos might not be the final wizardmode (???)

#2168 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

Also I guess beating thanos might not be the final wizardmode (???)

I assume the trophy wizard mode is the final final one.

#2169 3 years ago

One big thing I hope can be changed is explaining the gems to the player.

They only tell you what there "power" is once you place it on a shot.

I think if the mode select screen said something before you even select the gem mode it would be more user friendly. (Especially if you don't own the game or have had limited playtime)

This gives a player who may not be a pro at least a choice of something to boost a shot that they are aware of before having to win it.

Add to that, to place a gem you have to shoot the shot, which means, you likely arent looking at the display when you do it.

Just my thought, and I hope it makes sense to those reading.

#2170 3 years ago

Did we see the Thanos wizard mode last night or is it even coded yet?

#2171 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

I like the idea of an negative shot as well... what are those little black stand ups do? Might be good for a negative shot... if you miss your ramp shot and hit one of those, bam, negative shot and it takes away one shot option. Or if you ball is out of control, hits one, bam, negative shot.

don't know for black stand ups but in a way negatives shots do exist in the game with 5 flips removed when you drain in assemble avengers mode

#2172 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

One big thing I hope can be changed is explaining the gems to the player.
They only tell you what there "power" is once you place it on a shot.
I think if the mode select screen said something before you even select the gem mode it would be more user friendly. (Especially if you don't own the game or have had limited playtime)
This gives a player who may not be a pro at least a choice of something to boost a shot that they are aware of before having to win it.
Add to that, to place a gem you have to shoot the shot, which means, you likely arent looking at the display when you do it.
Just my thought, and I hope it makes sense to those reading.

Absolutely agree. Hope they change this. Makes absolutely sense.

#2173 3 years ago

don't know for black stand ups but in a way negatives shots do exist in the game with 5 flips removed when you drain in assemble avengers mode

Yep, Soul Gem Quest mode....that is definitely cool. Loved JD’s reaction last night when he got down to like 5 flips left, that was great.

Negative shot could be a stun with a stun timer that disables a shot for a bit.

JP2 kind of has those two things...going for a rescue and oops dinosaur got there first (takes away a shot) and dilophosaurus can stun a shot (rescue) making it not count for a certain time.

Thinking it would be cool to bring those aspects into Avengers, it would definitely fit the theme, me thinks.

#2174 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Did we see the Thanos wizard mode last night or is it even coded yet?

Yes. Jack beat the Thanos wizard mode last night.

#2175 3 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Yes. Jack beat the Thanos wizard mode last night.

Do you or anyone have a timestamp for that?

#2176 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I assume the trophy wizard mode is the final final one.

I'm laughing at that one because there are 26 trophies? We saw Jack go through how many balls and time on that game and didn't come close?

Maybe we can get a trophy carryover for the mere mortal crowd? Come on man!

I would also like to suggest again that they code something in there ala JP, that we are able to battle Thanos at the start like working back on Escape from Nebular.

Ray commented that "Battling Thanos is ....inevitable".....

#2177 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm laughing at that one because there are 26 trophies? We saw Jack go through how many balls and time on that game and didn't come close?

I busted my A$$ for 11-16 of em.
To be fair, I wasnt gunning for them.

#2178 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I busted my A$$ for 11-16 of em.
To be fair, I wasnt gunning for them.

Lol, yeah that was impressive JD. Btw, i play without a tilt bob. I need all the help i can get.

Looking forward to getting my LE, i have a LOT of work to do. Should be fun!

#2179 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I would also like to suggest again that they code something in there ala JP, that we are able to battle Thanos at the start like working back on Escape from Nebular.
Ray commented that "Battling Thanos is ....inevitable".....

I think there is a selectable mode at the start. I’m sure I saw it on the first stream at Stern. Ray demo’ed it once, unless I’m making that up.

#2180 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

I think there is a selectable mode at the start. I’m sure I saw it on the first stream at Stern. Ray demo’ed it once, unless I’m making that up.

Usually the reveal stream has dev code that they can just select stuff that the avg code won't give access to.

It was shown on Ghostbusters code update and dwight listened to the people and gave us access to are you a god ....

It's awesome.

#2181 3 years ago

By the way, if last night wasn't enough for ya...
We're streaming it again TONIGHT on the Front Page of Twitch.
If you got some time to chill, swing on by!

#2182 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

What time are you planning on going live tonight?

Also now that you've had time with the game, do you think there are a variety of good strategies when going for a high score, or do you need to follow a specific path?

#2183 3 years ago
Quoted from pterofractal:

What time are you planning on going live tonight?
Also now that you've had time with the game, do you think there are a variety of good strategies when going for a high score, or do you need to follow a specific path?

Tonight will be just casual, and I'll periodically explain what I'm doing while playing.
Non-pinheads dont give two craps about rules, but if you tell them that you're trying to hit one thing to make something big happen, THAT they can get behind.

I don't have gameplay strats yet, but gettgin all your gems asap seems pretty legit.

#2184 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

In french?

#2185 3 years ago

I WISH!
SI SEULEMENT JE POUVAIS

#2186 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I WISH!
SI SEULEMENT JE POUVAIS

Stop it, you're making the english Canadians uncomfortable

#2187 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I WISH!
SI SEULEMENT JE POUVAIS

c'est très bien ! parfait, aucune faute
you're welcome (again)

#2188 3 years ago

I watched the entire stream last night, and I understand the code/lighting effects/etc will be improved eventually. But here are my main thoughts:

1) Might be the best shooting modern pin. Every shot looks satisfying. Love that RT orbit shot that returns via a wireform. This is probably Kieth's best layout by far. Unique, smooth shots & fun to play.

2) The thing that gives me pause is that the main focus of the game is a heavy dose of rinse & repeat. Spin the disc, start a gem mode. Collect a gem, risk a gem, move a gem, lose a gem. Over & over until you fight Thanos. Or collect your Avengers team for mini-wizard modes, with various multiballs spinkled in along the way. Also collect bonuses at the drops if you choose to help you with your quest. Will gem hunting & repeating Black Order faceoffs become extremely tedious after awhile? IDK.

I'm really comparing this to JP, which has a choose-your-own-adventure path. No two games are ever the same. It's all up to the player. Multiple ways to attack it for big points, focus on collecting dinosaurs for perks (which every dinosaur mode is unique BTW), playing all unique multiballs which involve dedicated toys, etc. Even the collecting fossils & DNA is better presented vs the Trophy system on AIQ. The player just has so many ways to play JP, compared to the rather straight-forward gem-hunting approach of AIQ. We'll get some code polish eventually, but the core mechanics of the gameplay won't change.

Perhaps this was the design intention all along with AIQ. It's a huge property that appeals to people of all ages. Perhaps they wanted gameplay that was easier to grasp & a bit more straight-forward for this title. Collect the gems, fight Thanos. Most people can easily understand that concept. I personally just prefer the deeper gameplay options that JP presents.

3) There was zero fanfare for beating Thanos. No lightshow, callouts or anything. This should be an epic moment & even Jack seemed confused. And this will be coded later, but they are somewhat limited. I really wish every new game had a single string of RGB GI bulbs come standard, because it really allows for a wide range of lighting effects that can't be achieved with just the inserts. Thinking for example like the epic Horde mode on TWD. Looks like AIQ just has white GI.

I'm still very high on AIQ, I just want to see what it looks like in 6 months when the code/effects are finalized before deciding to buy. JP set the bar extremely high for a modern pin IMO.

#2189 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I watched the entire stream last night, and I understand the code/lighting effects/etc will be improved eventually. But here are my main thoughts:
1) Might be the best shooting modern pin. Every shot looks satisfying. Love that RT orbit shot that returns via a wireform. This is probably Kieth's best layout by far. Unique, smooth shots & fun to play.
2) The thing that gives me pause is that the main focus of the game is a heavy dose of rinse & repeat. Spin the disc, start a gem mode. Collect a gem, risk a gem, move a gem, lose a gem. Over & over until you fight Thanos. Or collect your Avengers team for mini-wizard modes, with various multiballs spinkled in along the way. Also collect bonuses at the drops if you choose to help you with your quest. Will gem hunting & repeating Black Order faceoffs become extremely tedious after awhile? IDK.
I'm really comparing this to JP, which has a choose-your-own-adventure path. No two games are ever the same. It's all up to the player. Multiple ways to attack it for big points, focus on collecting dinosaurs for perks (which every dinosaur mode is unique BTW), playing all unique multiballs which involve dedicated toys, etc. Even the collecting fossils & DNA is better presented vs the Trophy system on AIQ. The player just has so many ways to play JP, compared to the rather straight-forward gem-hunting approach of AIQ. We'll get some code polish eventually, but the core mechanics of the gameplay won't change.
Perhaps this was the design intention all along with AIQ. It's a huge property that appeals to people of all ages. Perhaps they wanted gameplay that was easier to grasp & a bit more straight-forward for this title. Collect the gems, fight Thanos. Most people can easily understand that concept. I personally just prefer the deeper gameplay options that JP presents.
3) There was zero fanfare for beating Thanos. No lightshow, callouts or anything. This should be an epic moment & even Jack seemed confused. And this will be coded later, but they are somewhat limited. I really wish every new game had a single string of RGB GI bulbs come standard, because it really allows for a wide range of lighting effects that can't be achieved with just the inserts. Thinking for example like the epic Horde mode on TWD. Looks like AIQ just has white GI.
I'm still very high on AIQ, I just want to see what it looks like in 6 months when the code/effects are finalized before deciding to buy. JP set the bar extremely high for a modern pin IMO.

Completely agree with you HoakyPoaky.

I posted earlier about your point number 3. There needs to be way more fanfare when you complete Gem Quests and especially for beating Thanos - using lighting, sound effects, the display, and callouts. One way to do this is to kill the flippers and do the fanfare. Another is to utilize a shot that holds the ball for the final shot (e.g. Stark Tower). Hold the ball and make the victory seem epic.

One simple idea for defeating Thanos would be, once his health bar is at its lowest, you have to hit Stark Tower. Hit the shot and the Tower holds the ball. But to defeat him, you have to hit that held ball again (like IM SJP) within x seconds. Have all the lights go out at this point except for the indicators to shoot the Stark Tower again with cool sound effects. Fail to hit it within the time period and Thanos gains some of his health bar back and you have to make other shots which are now lit to get his health back down. If and when you are able to hit the ball held at the Stark Tower within the time, the flippers die and you fire all the coils in the game, and have a big explosion on the display and with sound effects, for an epic payoff.

Just an idea but I think this kind of thing is great because it adds to the tension and celebrates the victory in a manner that it deserves.

I have full faith that Keith and Ray and their team will polish the game and add these cool moments. They have done an amazing job already.

#2190 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I don’t worry about some sounds or lights enhancement.

However, I don’t know if the rules would be updated (or need to be updated)
I asked in a previous post if battles were coded in the same way, hitting lighted shots or if there were variations to make them unique ( one is timed, another one get several levels,...)

#2191 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Completely agree with you HoakyPoaky.
I posted earlier about your point number 3. There needs to be way more fanfare when you complete Gem Quests and especially for beating Thanos - using lighting, sound effects, the display, and callouts. One way to do this is to kill the flippers and do the fanfare. Another is to utilize a shot that holds the ball for the final shot (e.g. Stark Tower). Hold the ball and make the victory seem epic.
One simple idea for defeating Thanos would be, once his health bar is at its lowest, you have to hit Stark Tower. Hit the shot and the Tower holds the ball. But to defeat him, you have to hit that held ball again (like IM SJP) within x seconds. Have all the lights go out at this point except for the indicators to shoot the Stark Tower again with cool sound effects. Fail to hit it within the time period and Thanos gains some of his health bar back and you have to make other shots which are now lit to get his health back down. If and when you are able to hit the ball held at the Stark Tower within the time, the flippers die and you fire all the coils in the game, and have a big explosion on the display and with sound effects, for an epic payoff.
Just an idea but I think this kind of thing is great because it adds to the tension and celebrates the victory in a manner that it deserves.
I have full faith that Keith and Ray and their team will polish the game and add these cool moments. They have done an amazing job already.

Yeah the Thanos mode definitely needs some polish. Perks/nerfs depending on who owns the gems. Basically progress through protecting each gem, by hitting the same 3 shots every time (for each gem), then hit Thanos a million times until you beat him. They can definitely improve on that. There are multiple places to lock balls like the tower, at the popup post, and in the subway. They have to take advantage of that somehow.

#2192 3 years ago

That was the first time I've ever seen a death save. I had no idea this was possible. Like, this literally blew my mind. I mean I'm still new to the hobby, but man.. I really want to learn how to do this.

#2193 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

That was the first time I've ever seen a death save. I had no idea this was possible. Like, this literally blew my mind. I mean I'm still new to the hobby, but man.. I really want to learn how to do this.

I'm also pretty new. I learned how to do a death save and its like I'm doing a magic trick, it blows my family's minds. Here's a video that explains it:

#2194 3 years ago

Still hoping to see a Thanos mode (challenge?) to play as Thanos vs the Avengers maybe 1v1 or 1v3 etc... with a tug of war between players for the gems. Also hoping for some battle damage character screens for when you're doing battle other than just the health bar.. maybe that's my gamer brain talking but it would be cool to see beat up stages of the enemies (or heroes) when you're in battle to add to the effect whether you're losing, or winning the fight.

#2195 3 years ago

They need to add a lot of polish to modes to make them feel special and understandable.

#2196 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

They need to add a lot of polish to modes to make them feel special and understandable.

I think you hit the nail on the head with this description. The modes seem to feel all sameish (not in the rules, but rather in their presentation). And the display could do a better job of helping you know what to shoot for given the complexity of the rules.

#2197 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I might be wrong, but I thought on the reveal stream they said there aren't negative shots and the Avenger's health bar goes down over time & there's also a countdown timer for when the enemy is going to attack to cause additional damage. And then how much health you have left at the end of the mode impacts your scoring. Not sure if my memory's accurate on that, but I thought that's the way it works.

#2198 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Don't learn how to deathsave!
You'll never be the same!

#2199 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Don't learn how to deathsave!
You'll never be the same!

Yeah, and disable that restart feature. Your best ball of the game doesn't need to be ball 1.

#2200 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Yeah, and disable that restart feature. Your best ball of the game doesn't need to be ball 1.

That's my OCD kicking in :O

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,250 (OBO)
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 125.00
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rockville, MD
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nixa, MO
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.