Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 56.
#2051 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Deep down inside we’re all utter ***.

Upon reflection, I cannot disagree with this.

#2052 3 years ago

Are there any firm ship dates on this game, or is it still unknown?? I put an order in for a premium on day one and was told it “should” ship beginning of October. Now I see on the web ship dates from as early as Oct 28 to the beginning of December. Just curious really, hate to wait, but I guess if I pick up another pinball restoration project it will keep me busy till this one lands in my driveway.

Thank you for any info.

#2053 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Are there any firm ship dates on this game, or is it still unknown?? I put an order in for a premium on day one and was told it “should” ship beginning of October. Now I see on the web ship dates from as early as Oct 28 to the beginning of December. Just curious really, hate to wait, but I guess if I pick up another pinball restoration project it will keep me busy till this one lands in my driveway.
Thank you for any info.

I bought day one as well and I'm expecting late october/early november, just to not get my expectations too high. I still need to figure out where the heck im going to put this game.

#2054 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Thank you for any info.

Stern gives distributors their best guess as to when shipments will arrive. They get updates regularly, so your best bet is to contact your distributor and ask for the latest expected date.
In my experience, the dates are fairly accurate. I have had a game come a 2 weeks early and had one that kept getting delayed. It ended up being 3 months later than expected.
I would try not to think about it until the LEs are all out the door and people are getting their pro models. (Assuming the order of manufacturing info is accurate)

#2055 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Stern gives distributors their best guess as to when shipments will arrive. They get updates regularly, so your best bet is to contact your distributor and ask for the latest expected date.
In my experience, the dates are fairly accurate. I have had a game come a 2 weeks early and had one that kept getting delayed. It ended up being 3 months later than expected.
I would try not to think about it until the LEs are all out the door and people are getting their pro models. (Assuming the order of manufacturing info is accurate)

I was told by my distributor that LEs are being produced first, then premiums, then pros last.
I ordered a premium and was told mid to late October.

#2056 3 years ago

If premiums are 2nd mid to late oct makes sense.

I just remember reading pros were 2nd somewhere on pinside. I didn’t ask my distributor about that.

#2057 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I was told by my distributor that LEs are being produced first, then premiums, then pros last.
I ordered a premium and was told mid to late October.

I ordered my Premium and was told 1st run was sold out and I would be 1st on 2nd run.... late Dec/early Jan.....

#2058 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

If premiums are 2nd mid to late oct makes sense.
I just remember reading pros were 2nd somewhere on pinside. I didn’t ask my distributor about that.

Pros are on the line now. Then LEs, then Premiums, then more Pros and so on.

#2059 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Pros are on the line now. Then LEs, then Premiums, then more Pros and so on.

Heard pretty much the same thing, small initial run of pros, then full run of LEs, followed by 1st premium run and then pros.

#2060 3 years ago

More Avengers this week?
You know it!
Also recording a physical shot/rule walk-through and my first takes for the YouTubes as well.
There wont be an "unboxing" video, since we're getting Keith's personal test machine. :O

#2061 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

More Avengers this week?
You know it!
Also recording a physical shot/rule walk-through and my first takes for the YouTubes as well.
There wont be an "unboxing" video, since we're getting Keith's personal test machine. :O

Hell yeah! Do you know yet what day you’ll be streaming AIQ?

#2062 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Hell yeah! Do you know yet what day you’ll be streaming AIQ?

FOR SURE this Wednesday (usual time)
We might stream it the day prior as well, just to make sure we're brushed up on the rules and shots for the Front Page the following day.

#2063 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

We might stream it the day prior as well, just to make sure we're brushed up on the rules and shots for the Front Page the following day.

Whammy! Looking forward to it Thanks, Jack!

#2064 3 years ago

Just got this note from my distributor:

"Pro runs start Sept 30 and Nov 23. Premium runs start Oct 9 and Dec 9."

#2065 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Any mention of LEs?

#2066 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Any mention of LEs?

No he didn't mention them, but I think someone above said they're doing LEs between pros and premiums.

#2067 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Any mention of LEs?

I was told that mine was being built the week of Sept 14th (this week)

#2068 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Gonna set it up outside the studio? Last I watched you were jam packed...

Bonus: if you're outside, you won't need to forget to lock the door

#2069 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Gonna set it up outside the studio? Last I watched you were jam packed...
Bonus: if you're outside, you won't need to forget to lock the door

I may have to set it up ON TOP of some other pins

#2070 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

He gets respect, he sold all the LEs based on some photos. If anything the pendulum has swung the other direction and people are calling a game no one has played the best ever made.
People are only questioning a 6k-9k purchase because they want to play it first. Relax.

Quoted from SkillShot:

LEs sell out as soon as it’s announced he is the designer, I’d say he gets a lot of respect. Who do you think voted for him having game of the year? The Community.

figured it was obvious i was referring to the negative reaction not the positive.

most logical people would figure this will likely be a great game and goty contender. and i give absolutely zero stock in pinball awards personally. but when people are cancelling les because of a poorly produced introductory twitch stream...

but will yet another has-been rock band pin beat it? time will tell i guess.

#2071 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

what're your personal thoughts on overall feel of the game in relation to other games in pin history?

#2072 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

figured it was obvious i was referring to the negative reaction not the positive.
most logical people would figure this will likely be a great game and goty contender. and i give absolutely zero stock in pinball awards personally. but when people are cancelling les because of a poorly produced introductory twitch stream...
but will yet another has-been rock band pin beat it? time will tell i guess.

You don't get to cherry pick what fits your narrative. Most logical people would try something in person before spending 10,000 dollars based on a half a dozen photos.

People wanting to play the game before buying it is a good thing. It will still out sell every other pin and win game of the year, don't worry.

#2073 3 years ago

Looking forward to the streams!

#2074 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

what're your personal thoughts on overall feel of the game in relation to other games in pin history?

I can't really focus on a game when I'm doing these reveals.
This Tuesday and Wednesday, when we stream it from the studio, you'll get my full review as it happens!
I've changed what I think the hardest shot is btw. The sanctum target might be the toughest shot.

#2075 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Good thing you have the height advantage.

I rarely feel short at 6'1, but when we met at pinburgh a couple years ago, I felt like a child.

Makes sense though, I'm often referred to as a man child.

#2076 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How TF can anyone think this game was a repurposed theme park or skateboarding design?!?!? Who TF is making theme park themes these days?!?! Who TF is making skateboard themed games? How TF did anyone make that leap of logic?
"Ooh it's got lots of windy wireform, therfore it must have originally been a theme park design"!!!!!
"Ooh it's got a rolling ball in it, Maybe it was originally a rollerskating theme".
"Ooh it's fast, Maybe it was an aeroplane or Hot Wheels theme"?
"Ooh it involves aiming and shooting a ball, Maybe it was a zombie killing theme?"
Honestly, you run out of stuff to complain about so now you just make up random sh*t to complain about.

Get a life, its only pinball

#2077 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Yeah - a 6 ball multiball (one for each Avenger you can light), and when the timer runs out, Thanos snaps and the power to the flippers is cut as the balls all drain...

They added that to Guardians with Cherry Bomb and honestly it's underwhelming filler code.

#2078 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

They added that to Guardians with Cherry Bomb and honestly it's underwhelming filler code.

Cherry bomb is great fun. Sometimes it’s fun to know you just have a certain amount of time to rack up all the points you can. A welcomed alternative to some mini wizards that are over in 5 seconds.

#2079 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Cherry Bomb is awesome.

#2080 3 years ago

Curious to watch the stream coming up to see if the Captain Marvel wireform that feeds the right inlane Skips lighting the “O” in Iron. And that only the other wireform ,”Panther” would light it.

#2081 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Cherry bomb is great fun. Sometimes it’s fun to know you just have a certain amount of time to rack up all the points you can. A welcomed alternative to some mini wizards that are over in 5 seconds.

That dam mouth opening and closing while you have every ball on the playfield is maximum frustration fun!

#2082 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Curious to watch the stream coming up to see if the Captain Marvel wireform that feeds the right inlane Skips lighting the “O” in Iron. And that only the other wireform ,”Panther” would light it.

That wirefom, if I'm not mistaken, isn't supposed to light the "o".

#2083 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

That is correct. The marvel ramp skips the inlane switch. Keith mentioned it on the reveal stream.

#2084 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

That dam mouth opening and closing while you have every ball on the playfield is maximum frustration fun!

Exactly. The fact that you cannot stop the balls from being re-served, makes it so challenging to make multiple super jackpot shots. It’s coded wonderfully imo.

Can’t stop this on stranger things is a similar mode. Do you push the SJP to max value and collect at 200m? Or just get as many SJPs as possible and not worry about their value?

#2085 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

That wirefom, if I'm not mistaken, isn't supposed to light the "o".

Keeps it on par with the pro, same number of shots feed inlanes to spell IRON.

#2086 3 years ago

Cherry Bomb in GOTG is good stuff!

#2087 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Stern posted a picture Saturday on their FB page (as did Mr. Gomez) of Pro's already being shipped out.

#2088 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

That makes sense.

#2089 3 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Stern posted a picture Saturday on their FB page (as did Mr. Gomez) of Pro's already being shipped out.

Nice, looks like they are under promising and over delivering

#2090 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Both inlane switches look low enough that they'd be easy to Shatz to light the letters.

inlanes (resized).jpginlanes (resized).jpg
#2091 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Both inlane switches look low enough that they'd be easy to Shatz to light the letters.
[quoted image]

Sure, but without direct user controlled lane change it seems fairly limited outside of very particular situations.

#2092 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Nice, looks like they are under promising and over delivering

Stern stated from release...Very small run of Pros (some to go overseas), then LEs (probably starting today), then normal schedule.

#2093 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I can't really focus on a game when I'm doing these reveals.
This Tuesday and Wednesday, when we stream it from the studio, you'll get my full review as it happens!
I've changed what I think the hardest shot is btw. The sanctum target might be the toughest shot.

You just managed to be obtuse and patronizing in the same statement. Impressive.

Maybe all the elevated co2 levels from that muzzle wearing?

#2094 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

You just managed to be obtuse and patronizing in the same statement. Impressive.

And here my simple brain just thought Jack was answering your question.

#2095 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Stern stated from release...Very small run of Pros (some to go overseas), then LEs (probably starting today), then normal schedule.

Yeah spoke to my distributor today. They confirmed the following: Pros overseas, then LEs, then Pros, then Premiums.

#2096 3 years ago

They have always run a batch of overseas pros first, that way we are all receiving our games around the same time. Nothing different this time except they are running all of the LEs first before going on with the US pros.

#2097 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

If this stands true, would be great to get my premium for my birthday on October 19!! Ordered the premium day one from the distributor Pinball Pro after I got their email about the pin coming out. Never bought a pin from them, but have bought mods and speakers so I figured I’d try them. Here is to hoping they get it in and send it to me mid October!!

#2098 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

All good. Nice problem to have. We are in the same boat and really like where we have our collection, but one in one out policy for us..

Yeah my policy is slightly differing re one in one out, possibly due to having spent quite a time collecting (since late 90's). After going through a scenario years back of moving on some WMS titles I should never have sold, I ended up in coming full circle to buy them again(with much hassle to get as good as what I'd had) as an 'all time faves' part of my collection. I'm now down to recent Sterns that I'm also not keen to move on either. My last one in one out that I didn't mind doing was Houdini. But definitely not with JP, BKSORLE,DPLE, and GB I'm still very much enjoying. Same goes for my 4 JJP and CGC pins. Only pin that's getting shifted physically soon for R&M is RFM, which I view as long term partner piece to AFMR.

#2099 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Never ceases to amaze me how rude people can be sat behind their keyboard.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
London, ON
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
$ 16.50
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,185 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/42?hl=melhadmj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.