Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 56.
#2001 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The fact that is made up of 3 lots of DNA bugs the hell out of me as the Kraken was originally going to be a mode in Deadpool but they removed it for some reason.

yeah. it doesnt seem quite right. a Kraken Mb equivalent to sauron would round it out nicely. but I guess the idea is that Cable takes care of the Kraken while Deadpool is dealing with the other 2.

#2002 3 years ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

This is exactly why I cancelled my LE. No real story (seen in the code), no good animations are generic and meh except Thor, no great music/sounds/callouts...the damn trophies...and no real interactive toys, no co op, and also almost no Thanos/Cpt America/Adam Warlock...
TMNT is way better. Has a soul and you really feel in the theme's universe...too bad. I really wanted to love this game, guess Im buying a Deadpool and get my superhero fix there instead.

How does TMNT have more soul? Fans seemed a bit disappointed in theme integration with that one. DP fun game but no idea what the story is. You just battle other characters or ninjas by shooting lit shots. AIQ has you collecting Avengers and gems then using those to battle Thanos. Not sure what else you want. Game is already complex so don't see the point of adding more superhero stuff. Guess that is the problem. Marvel universe too large and impossible to do it justice in one pinball game.

#2003 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Guess that is the problem. Marvel universe too large and impossible to do it justice in one pinball game.

I would be overjoyed with a good-shooting/fun pin that is just a giant middle-finger to whatever theme it happens to be suffering.

#2004 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Deadpool is the same 3 modes over and over with 2 other modes built in, with an easily achievable Mechsuit multi ball that overrides everything and serves no purpose.
Oh yeah you can advance to the next level modes, but they're the very much the same.

I think you can over simplify any game. It has a series of different hurry ups and goals that make you use all of a very unique layout.

I don’t care if a game has 100 modes if they are all just different color blinking lights.

#2005 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You just battle other characters or ninjas by shooting lit shots

Yeah that's the story and its great. What do u want a novel?

#2006 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah that's the story and its great. What do u want a novel?

1280B7D1-8FA0-43B8-A68A-B0EA9C5ED3A5 (resized).jpeg1280B7D1-8FA0-43B8-A68A-B0EA9C5ED3A5 (resized).jpeg

If you do, this is a good one.

#2007 3 years ago

And this one for the first appearance of the Black Order :

51dG9bjS4ML (resized).jpg51dG9bjS4ML (resized).jpg
#2008 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

we collect 2 lots of DNA and hand it over to mr sinister to then have to fight his megakrakeldonousrex creation!?

Deadpool doesn't hand them over - he throws them away from Mr. Sinister and then they somehow create the Megakrakeledonousrex.

#2009 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

How does TMNT have more soul? Fans seemed a bit disappointed in theme integration with that one. DP fun game but no idea what the story is. You just battle other characters or ninjas by shooting lit shots. AIQ has you collecting Avengers and gems then using those to battle Thanos. Not sure what else you want. Game is already complex so don't see the point of adding more superhero stuff. Guess that is the problem. Marvel universe too large and impossible to do it justice in one pinball game.

A little 3 second intro or callout to set up the story would be sufficient.

"Oh noez, Thanos is trying to collect the Infinity Stones and destroy the world. (Assemble the Avengers and get them first!)"

I don't get why this is done so rarely.

When ToTan fires of with "There was once a beautiful princess..", with the music bite, the whole universe you're playing in is explained.

#2010 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Deadpool doesn't hand them over - he throws them away from Mr. Sinister and then they somehow create the Megakrakeledonousrex.

I’ve never seen that on the lcd, always busy trying not to drain.

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

A little 3 second intro or callout to set up the story would be sufficient.
"Oh noez, Thanos is trying to collect the Infinity Stones and destroy the world. (Assemble the Avengers and get them first!)"
When ToTan fires of with "There was once a beautiful princess..", with the music bite, the whole universe you're playing in is explained.

Totally forgot about that but couldn’t agree more great idea! I noticed at ball start there is comic stripe like animation of Thanos on the LCD but it doesn’t seem to play out at all. Hopefully it’s something that’s coming with updates and polish.

#2011 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It gets old quick. X-men does this and its funny and cool, but there is only like 3 different things that are said at the start of the game and it’s pretty annoying after a while. Instrumental is the way to go.

#2012 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I think you can over simplify any game. It has a series of different hurry ups and goals that make you use all of a very unique layout.
I don’t care if a game has 100 modes if they are all just different color blinking lights.

I wasn't going to run a diatribe on it, but really the 3 main modes are:

Sabertooth: Play it first. It's easy. Very rarely will you ever time it out.
Mystique: Tougher than Sabertooth, but still on the simpler side to complete.
Juggernaut: Toughest with the drop targets of Prem/LE. Stack Lil Deadpool multi ball, which is easy to start, and you'll complete it first try.

#2013 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It gets old quick. X-men does this and its funny and cool, but there is only like 3 different things that are said at the start of the game and it’s pretty annoying after a while. Instrumental is the way to go.

Yup, I've only had Deadpool for 3 months and I'm already quite annoyed by the repetition of the three main battles. Keeping the beginning of games simple takes the edge off of restarting over and over (for novice players like myself).

#2014 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Yup, I've only had Deadpool for 3 months and I'm already quite annoyed by the repetition of the three main battles. Keeping the beginning of games simple takes the edge off of restarting over and over (for novice players like myself).

That’s a easy fix. Don’t ever restart a game. Only takes one ball to blow a game up.

#2015 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So make an option to turn it off for home users that play the shit out of it.

It never got old for me on TotAn and would help on location players. But of course it has to be only one sentence short and better no variation at all.
(Srsly 3 cycling callouts are more enerving then just one.)

#2016 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

So make an option to turn it off for home users that play the shit out of it.

This. Simple.

#2017 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I wasn't going to run a diatribe on it, but really the 3 main modes are:
Sabertooth: Play it first. It's easy. Very rarely will you ever time it out.
Mystique: Tougher than Sabertooth, but still on the simpler side to complete.
Juggernaut: Toughest with the drop targets of Prem/LE. Stack Lil Deadpool multi ball, which is easy to start, and you'll complete it first try.

So Megaldon and Trex aren't modes?

I have a Met strategy. Hit it up the center. See previous sentence. That is wood chopping repetition to me.

#2018 3 years ago

I have seen shot multipliers in the game, but are there playfield multipliers like the 2x and 3x in Iron Maiden?

#2019 3 years ago

First of all, congrats to sk8ball for another amazing game. It's great to see new games with innovative shot entrances and exits, great flow, cool theme integration, and cohesive rules that keep you coming back game after game. And yet another beautiful game by @zombieyeti. Love the art work.

Maiden quickly became my favourite pin, and I recently made room (by selling Spider-man and Deadpool) for both JP and AIQ. Can't wait for them to arrive!

I think the voice callouts are pretty good - some real solid ones (Hulk, Thor, Thanos, Black Panther), some that are so-so (Iron-man, Captain America, Black Order) and some that I have no idea who they are (Black Widow? Captain Marvel?).

The rules are great so far. The intricacies of collecting gems, and where you place them adds depth and strategy, and incorporates well with the story.

My only criticisms are minor and likely to be addressed as the code is updated.

The first is that the game needs more Thanos. He is prominent on the art and to the story. He is an epic villain. Having more of him would be great both in callouts (taunts) and modes. I really hope the rumour of a half way Thanos battle is true. That would be perfect.

The second relates to polish. I am a mediocre pinball player at best. But what draws me to games are really cool modes. I play to try to get to and complete immersive modes. What I love are the modes that create epic experiences, through callouts, lighting, sound effects and innovative and fun rules. For example: Horde in TWD (the tension that is created though the thumping sound effects and darkened and pulsing lighting); Destroy the Ring in LOTR (epic music and callouts and the superb payoff when you complete the mode with all the coils firing); Destroy the Death Star in SW (with the movie callouts and the actual explosion of the toy in the premium / LE); Winter has Come in GOT (with the winter sound effects, and the flashing lights to make you feel like you are in a winter storm). These all really stand out and make you chase the dragon in wanting to get back to those modes. So far, I feel like this is missing from a number of the modes in AIQ. What seems to be missing from the Gem Quests, is the payoff when you complete them. There were many times in the stream that you didn't even know the mode was over. These are the 5 main modes in the game, and IMO, there should be a significant payoff when you collect a gem (e.g. major music, epic callout [like a "jack f@ckin' pot" in MET or "SUPER JACKPOT" by Gimli in LOTR], priority on the LCD screen for the completion animation). For example, when you collect a Gem, the screen should show, first and foremost, a payoff animation similar to what is used in Deadpool when you defeat an enemy or complete a quest. Collecting a different hurry up or jackpot should be briefly ignored for that time period to convey the significance of getting the gem. Similarly I noticed in the stream, in the Black Order battle, where KME collected a JP (one I think was a 4x JP), and there was no fanfare at all. That should be celebrated big time! I'd love to see some cool lighting effects in certain modes (either darkened lighting, strobing or pulsing effects, etc). Having said that, Gamma Ray is amazing already - love the sound effect and LCD screen usage. More polish like this would take this game over the top.

All in all, nothing but praise for the team from Stern so far. I am super excited to get mine hopefully next month.

#2020 3 years ago

Completely agree with Apollyon above- great suggestions to enhance the game-play modes & to make them each feel unique and immersive.
TWD and LOTR do this so well. Both pins have awesome modes with amazing payoffs upon their completion.
Regardless, I think Elwin has delivered another winner.

#2021 3 years ago

Looks like it was something else.
The shots are great, best i have seen so far in a pinball. And alot off them.Extreme fast game.
But i get a feeling that its a retheme maybe from a first a themepark design.
The magnet ramp (king of the hammer), right Rollercoaster ramp, the transparent windows from a monotrain rail, spinning disk (merry-go-round).
And there is no exclusive Avengers toy like the dino in jjp.
So it was original something else in the beginning i think.
But still best game of the year for me for now.

#2022 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I have seen shot multipliers in the game, but are there playfield multipliers like the 2x and 3x in Iron Maiden?

Yes...2x and 3x that you qualify with stand up targets.

#2023 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

But i get a feeling that its a retheme maybe from a first a themepark design.

I hadn’t posted this because I didn’t care to just get a bunch of downvotes, but I agree completely. My first thought was skateboarding, and yes I realize I made a thread asking for a KME Skate Or Die pin so it is probably confirmation bias... but imagine the AIQ layout as if it was a skateboarding pin. It would have been perfect for that theme!

#2024 3 years ago

Nobody is even mentioning how both main ramps on AIQ go out and back through the backboard. I think that is pretty cool!

#2025 3 years ago

Understand it might be plausible as a theme park and yes the theme park is Stark Industries! All the ramps scream Avengers specific.

Stark industries HQ ramp
Captain Marvel anti gravity ramp
Dr. Strange spinning warp drive
Dr. Strange raising vortex into the vortex field
Dr. Strange vertical upkick out of one dimension into the present
Thor kinetic hammer lane
Black Widow ramp
Thanos main gauntlet rap around ramp
Captain America horseshoe shield quick return through Dr. Strange pop bumper vortex
Black Panther right orbit
Hulk left spinner orbit
Etc.

This game was specifically made for Avengers and it shows.

Don’t think for a second Keith was taking a theme park design repurposed to AIQ. He is a newish designer and would have no prior reason to do a theme park design. Especially since Stern has done Roller Coaster Tycoon long ago, with muted acceptance.

Excited for this game and think those that landed an LE are fortunate. The software will be tweaked and perfected, because Keith will not stop till it is, just like JP2 or IMDN. It did look like there is missing software tweaks and features yet to come. But that is with all games at release.

#2026 3 years ago

The man wins game of the year two years in a row and still doesn't command his due respect in the community. At least play/see the game in person before passing such a negative judgement on it, jeesh. You're cancelling L.Es cuz you dont like the "story" on a superhero pinball machine? Good guys in tights fight bad guys in tights?

Cirqus Voltaire was fun, what in gods name is the story on that? I just want a game to be fun, this looks fun, take my money, simple.

#2027 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

The man wins game of the year two years in a row and still doesn't command his due respect in the community. At least play/see the game in person before passing such a negative judgement on it, jeesh. You're cancelling L.Es cuz you dont like the "story" on a superhero pinball machine? Good guys in tights fight bad guys in tights?
Cirqus Voltaire was fun, what in gods name is the story on that? I just want a game to be fun, this looks fun, take my money, simple.

He gets respect, he sold all the LEs based on some photos. If anything the pendulum has swung the other direction and people are calling a game no one has played the best ever made.

People are only questioning a 6k-9k purchase because they want to play it first. Relax.

#2028 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

LEs sell out as soon as it’s announced he is the designer, I’d say he gets a lot of respect. Who do you think voted for him having game of the year? The Community.

#2029 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

He gets respect, he sold all the LEs based on some photos.

There are still LE's available...

#2030 3 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Which distributor has LEs available?

#2031 3 years ago

I can only speak for myself, but I ordered the AIQ LE (before the reveal) after learning it was an Elwin design. I have even been called an Elwin-nuthugger by fellow pinsiders. Nothing but mad respect for this dude.

#2032 3 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Nope...i tried

#2033 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Which distributor has LEs available?

Pinball Pro's Contact: [email protected] - 402.909.1660 Greg.

#2034 3 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Pinball Pro's Contact: [email protected] - 402.909.1660 Greg.

Didn’t Greg want 10k?

#2035 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

So Megaldon and Trex aren't modes?
I have a Met strategy. Hit it up the center. See previous sentence. That is wood chopping repetition to me.

No they're modes. More involved "hit every shot" modes. There fine. But the other three are the ones you play the most until you light and relight Quest.

MET is MUCH more fun in league when you can get it into CIU and blow it up. At home, I was done in 3 years. Traded it for TWD Premium, then sold TWD, then traded for another. It's punishing, but there's no better rules in pinball.

As far as Avengers, I liked what I saw in the stream. I'd consider a premium. I thought the rules were good enough. Biggest issue was physical with the Captain Marvel ramp rejects especially with the flippers getting weaker over time.

#2036 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Didn’t Greg want 10k?

yeah, 1k over suggested retail. Now its archived and recorded as "not sold".

#2037 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Didn’t Greg want 10k?

I believe so. Last one.

#2038 3 years ago

Yeah after watching Deadflip, I'm no more into this one than TNMT really. Nice ramps and flow, good artwork by ZY but it's just not floating my boat. Think I'll leave my one Marvel theme machine to DP LE and wait for my R&M to land.

#2039 3 years ago

How TF can anyone think this game was a repurposed theme park or skateboarding design?!?!? Who TF is making theme park themes these days?!?! Who TF is making skateboard themed games? How TF did anyone make that leap of logic?

"Ooh it's got lots of windy wireform, therfore it must have originally been a theme park design"!!!!!
"Ooh it's got a rolling ball in it, Maybe it was originally a rollerskating theme".
"Ooh it's fast, Maybe it was an aeroplane or Hot Wheels theme"?
"Ooh it involves aiming and shooting a ball, Maybe it was a zombie killing theme?"

Honestly, you run out of stuff to complain about so now you just make up random sh*t to complain about.

#2040 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Yeah after watching Deadflip, I'm no more into this one than TNMT really. Nice ramps and flow, good artwork by ZY but it's just not floating my boat. Think I'll leave my one Marvel theme machine to DP LE and wait for my R&M to land.

It is not a good idea to make your mind up about a game just by watching a stream. I watched the Elvira stream and did not think much of the game at the time. Everything changed once we got the game into our home and started flipping it. We have plenty of other examples too.

#2041 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How TF can anyone think this game was a repurposed theme park or skateboarding design?!?!? Who TF is making theme park themes these days?!?! Who TF is making skateboard themed games? How TF did anyone make that leap of logic?

I've said it before.

"Fuckfacitis"

Theres no cure either, theres no prosthetic for this condition and it can last for years and years.
Just go to JJP thread.

#2042 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

It is not a good idea to make your mind up about a game just by watching a stream. I watched the Elvira stream and did not think much of the game at the time. Everything changed once we got the game into our home and started flipping it.

I've watched enough streams in my time to get a reasonable feel for new releases. It's things like call-outs and themes that also don't do it for me in this one. Never been into comics period either so that doesn't help. No doubt I will probably get to play one along the way regardless though. Also, though having nearly 19 machines lends itself to being a tad selective too I might add. As it is I'll need to shift a machine out of my gamesroom to fit R&M in more than likely. None of the 16 titles occupying the room I'm keen to let go or have to store to make room either.

#2043 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Honestly, you run out of stuff to complain about so now you just make up random sh*t to complain about.

Who was complaining? Honestly, some of you guys are such utter (**edit**) it just amazes me.

#2044 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Who was complaining? Honestly, some of you guys are such utter *** it just amazes me.

Deep down inside we’re all utter ***.

#2045 3 years ago

"He's just a cheeky wee cunt" :lol:Anyone remember that?

#2046 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

I've watched enough streams in my time to get a reasonable feel for new releases. It's things like call-outs and themes that also don't do it for me in this one. Never been into comics period either so that doesn't help. No doubt I will probably get to play one along the way regardless though. Also, though having nearly 19 machines lends itself to being a tad selective too I might add. As it is I'll need to shift a machine out of my gamesroom to fit R&M in more than likely. None of the 16 titles occupying the room I'm keen to let go or have to store to make room either.

All good. Nice problem to have. We are in the same boat and really like where we have our collection, but one in one out policy for us..

#2047 3 years ago

I would love to see a halfway point
“Thanos Battle”
He does whip the floor with the avengers half way through the movies so it makes sense.
Would be extra awesome if it was a mode that couldn’t be completed.
You can play through it as long as can last, and get big points for lasting long, but you couldn’t officially “beat” Thanos till you make it to the final wizard mode...
Maybe a multiball mode that ends once your back down to one ball.

#2048 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

“Thanos Battle”
He does whip the floor with the avengers half way through the movies so it makes sense.
You can play through it as long as can last, and get big points for lasting long, but you couldn’t officially “beat” Thanos till you make it to the final wizard mode...

Yeah - a 6 ball multiball (one for each Avenger you can light), and when the timer runs out, Thanos snaps and the power to the flippers is cut as the balls all drain...

#2049 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Yeah - a 6 ball multiball, and when the timer runs out, Thanos snaps and the power to the flippers is cut as the balls all drain...

That is exactly HW Redline Mania...a fun mode for sure; I was liking the halfway battle but when Thanos snaps, he takes away half your collected Avengers and any gems placed on them.

#2050 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

“Thanos Battle”

Quoted from Fezmid:

Yeah - a 6 ball multiball (one for each Avenger you can light), and when the timer runs out, Thanos snaps and the power to the flippers is cut as the balls all drain...

great ideas..

My problem with the super end of the game Wizard mode is that I'll never get to them and so often out of reach I don't really try for them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Newnan, GA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,250 (OBO)
$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 16.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 125.00
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 34.00
There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/41?hl=anago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.