Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 56.
#101 3 years ago

Here is a crazy thought....

If....

This is a new game and based on the comics I wonder ***if*** this game is the rare unicorn where Stern is the one receiving a licensing fee from the IP holder.

The reason I say this is I suspect Marvel is paying **well into** 8 figures in order to do a comic themed Marvel Fortnite take over.

Marvel also has a new Avenges PS4 game in beta.

Marvel could easily be looking for ways to create tent pole enthusiasm for their IP across various categories of gamers.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

But if its based on the console game, they do.

Could be really cool if they get the voice acting assets from the new video game. I’m sure it’s better than what Stern would get done on their own. Maybe they could even access the video assets of the game.

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:Here is a crazy thought....
If....
This is a new game and based on the comics I wonder ***if*** this game is the rare unicorn where Stern is the one receiving a licensing fee from the IP holder.
The reason I say this is I suspect Marvel is paying **well into** 8 figures in order to do a comic themed Marvel Fortnite take over.
Marvel also has a new Avenges PS4 game in beta.
Marvel could easily be looking for ways to create tent pole enthusiasm for their IP across various categories of gamers.

Disney isn’t paying anyone to make shit with their IP man lol.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

FWIW... Fortnite launched a massive (and I mean massive) comic book themed marvel integration.... yesterday. So I’d say that a comic themed Marvel pin is still pretty relevant.
Also... this Thor photo from the Stern trailer looks very similar to the Fortnite version.[quoted image]

That’s the comic book version of Thor. Definitely feel like this pin is at least loosely based on the comic book version of the Infinity Gauntlet storyline. I don’t see it having any of the actors or movie clips.

I’m excited to see more.

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

Disney isn’t paying anyone to make shit with their IP man lol.

They paid me... multiple times. It is a brand integration.

They also paid Fortnite. Absolutely no way Epic rolls out a marvel takeover without an 8 figure deal.

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

They paid me... multiple times. It is a brand integration.
They also paid Fortnite. Absolutely no way Epic rolls out a marvel takeover without an 8 figure deal.

Fortnite is a commercial. it’s advertising to a population that doesn’t watch tv. A pinball machine, not so much.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

That’s the comic book version of Thor. Definitely feel like this pin is at least loosely based on the comic book version of the Infinity Gauntlet storyline. I don’t see it having any of the actors or movie clips.
I’m excited to see more.

Exactly!!!!

#108 3 years ago

Whatever it is there is a pro, premium and LE

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

Fortnite is a commercial. it’s advertising to a population that doesn’t watch tv. A pinball machine, not so much.

Brand integrations can happen in many ways. Obviously Stern wouldn't receive the same amount of $$$, but the fact that it looks like Stern is making the announcement one day after Fortnite makes it seem coordinated. I am not saying that it is a slam dunk that Marvel is paying Stern, but coordinated integrated marketing deals usually mean that the IP holder is paying some $$

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Funny you say that...
One of the main reasons I picked up a Deadpool LE when it came out was simply because I really missed the Black Widow and Hawkeye shot(s)!
Katana Ramp and Dazzler just had that specific “Kinetic satisfaction”, to those earlier Avengers shots.

Sure Deadpool eventually became the complete awesome package it is now but, from that original whitewood, those two key shots had already Fry’d my wallet. lol

Hmm now you’ve got me more interested in checking this pin out closer. I’ve only played a few games on it and I don’t know if it was the comic spin on it or what but it didn’t grab me instantly like some pins do. Still might have to give it a whirl as Deadpool as a character is fantastic so the theme is perfect and if those tight shots feel similar to black widow that’s even better.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Brand integrations can happen in many ways. Obviously Stern wouldn't receive the same amount of $$$, but the fact that it looks like Stern is making the announcement one day after Fortnite makes it seem coordinated. I am not saying that it is a slam dunk that Marvel is paying Stern, but coordinated integrated marketing deals usually mean that the IP holder is paying some $$

100% coordinated I agree with that.

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Well the good news is that nobody here really gives a flying fuck what you think.

Are you still butthurt that I beat you at the Fountain Square Pinball Classic? Get used to it, as it will be an annual event!

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Math.
It was math, right?

That too, now that you mention it.

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

I can't think of a worse theme for pinball than Led fucking Zeppelin.

Home improvement.

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

they surely know that there are tons of people out there that will buy an original theme, that are tired of the same ol same ol.

Sure about that? Name one original theme that has sold well in the past decade.

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Home improvement.

I dunno....that Wilson topper might look cool.

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Home improvement.

Grrr, Grrr, Grrhuh?

Home Improvement would be an awesome theme! Grr, Grrr, Grrrr!
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#118 3 years ago

Brad gets injured and ruins his soccer career wizard mode.

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

I am sure they will make your Air Supply pinball.... Someday.

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from jsalce:

I am sure they will make your Air Supply pinball.... Someday.

Making shots out of nothing at all...

#121 3 years ago

Chadwick Boseman, the actor who played Black Panther, died of colon cancer today. Sucks. He was just 43.

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Chadwick Boseman, the actor who played Black Panther, died of colon cancer today. Sucks. He was just 43.

On Fucking Jackie Robinson day...seriously?!
Sucks man.

#123 3 years ago

Holy shit!! That’s horrible. Didn’t realize had cancer for years.

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Wow, I had no idea he was even sick. DC native too. RIP.

Such a perfect match for that role...

#125 3 years ago

Sad news. He will be missed.

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Are you still butthurt that I beat you at the Fountain Square Pinball Classic? Get used to it, as it will be an annual event!

My comment still stands. Come on down. We'll have fun.

#127 3 years ago

I will never respect a grown man that uses the word butthurt. Get a fuckin thesaurus.

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I will never respect a grown man that uses the word butthurt. Get a fuckin thesaurus.

Why? It suits you to a T.

Or should I say a B?

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

I dunno....that Wilson topper might look cool.

Fair.

"Last man standing" it is!

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Ass damage

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Horrible news. What a great actor, and perfect in Black Panther. Way, way too young.

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Why? It suits you to a T.
Or should I say a B?

Alright fucker. Now that was funny haha.
Let's fight anyway just for fun.

#133 3 years ago

Chadwick Boseman...Black Panther passed away today

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Grrr, Grrr, Grrhuh?
Home Improvement would be an awesome theme! Grr, Grrr, Grrrr!
[quoted image]

No, just.. no. Galaxy Quest maybe.

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

No, just.. no. Galaxy Quest maybe.

Galaxy quest would be killer.
Killer....queen....dynamite with a laser beam.
Thats it, queen was a code word for galaxy quest. Thats next

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I second that.

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Shocking. So young. What a talented person. RIP.

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Chadwick Boseman...Black Panther passed away today

Holy fak, just read the article. 43 years old.....

#140 3 years ago

I am personally excited for the pin. I am a comics guy as well as an Avengers and Elwin fan. This could be very good.

Very sorry to hear about Chadwick's passing. Never really had much reported about him which probably means he was doing everything right.

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Who's up in rotation? Gomez? Ritchie?
Seems like a Gomez pin for various reasons.

In stern's facebook post comments Gomez said this

GomezQuote (resized).PNGGomezQuote (resized).PNG
#142 3 years ago
Quoted from Keylime:

In stern's facebook post comments Gomez said this
[quoted image]

He was replying to me being a smart ass . I love that he's regularly in the comments and interactive with customers in that regard.

Screenshot_20200829-013404~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200829-013404~2 (resized).png
#143 3 years ago

Here is what we know:

Its Avengers (we don't know what where or how but it seems to coincide with Avengers Playstation launch)
its not a home pin (yeti) its a new designed game (Gomez)

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Here is what we know:
Its Avengers (we don't know what where or how but it seems to coincide with Avengers Playstation launch)
its not a home pin (yeti) its a new designed game (Gomez)

Keith shared it on his facebook page so unless he is trolling, then it should be his design.
We also know there will have to be a full release in the next few days to coincide with the video game launch and all of the toys that are also being launched.

#145 3 years ago

I hope this is tied to the comic book and not the movie. If you are going to do hand drawn art and then tie it to the movie story line, it's going to feel off. Fingers crossed

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sure about that? Name one original theme that has sold well in the past decade.

Spooky does a pretty good job selling original themes. If they didnt limit a production of 500, dont you think they would have sold more? You seem to be a pretty big fan of VOL. Do you not think that if Stern were to put assets into something like that, that it would sell like hotcakes? I most certainly do.

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

I can and way too many to mention have already been made into pinball machines. It looks like Stern is going to keep steady with bad themes. Jaws? good theme, Zeppelin? Ok well I'm more a Sabbath kind of guy but its better than Avengers. The call outs are already hurting me deep in my soul and I haven't even heard them yet.

#148 3 years ago

I’m super interested in this one, I’m older than the Tmnt demographics, but love all Marvel comics and films.

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

Spooky does a pretty good job selling original themes. If they didnt limit a production of 500, dont you think they would have sold more?

No. They know what they are capable of selling based on their track record. Rick and Morty is probably the first pin where they could have gone past that 500 mark, and you know why?

#150 3 years ago

I’m super interested in this pin, love Marvel comics, films and pins.

I owned SM twice and XMLE and Iron Man.

Bittersweet this was revealed on the day Chadwick Boseman died. RIP

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ghent, WV
8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

10,185 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 34.00
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/3?hl=keylime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.