Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 56.
#1901 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Pro looks awesome... Sometimes less is more. I am really not sure that the marvel ramp is better than the spinner U shot

Pro did look great and I love my Deadpool Pro, but I'm going with the Premium on this one.

#1902 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Pro looks awesome... Sometimes less is more. I am really not sure that the marvel ramp is better than the spinner U shot

I like a lot of pro pins as much as the premium. I would have bought SW pro but only just had to get the premium because of the hyper loop. I did love the horseshoe turn on the pro (premium has that too but it’s smoother on the pro).

I really like little U shaped orbits. I’m going to need to play both before I decide.

#1903 3 years ago

Great job on the stream today Jack. With the feedback reaction from Keith and seeing more of the game, I’m definitely in for a premium.

Excited to see more polish and Thanos action. Game could use more humor and fun quotes, especially from Thanos, but looking very good overall.

#1904 3 years ago

Still waiting until Wednesday to make my final decision but im already selling stuff to justify buying my first premium.

#1905 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Thanks Jack for a great stream and elevated language being family friendly, whole family could watch and enjoy too. Loved your explanation of basic pinball skills and showing the depth of AIQ in a simple way. It all makes better sense now. Fun game, that if the first stream would have been like this, would not have had questions in most people’s minds about the rules of the game.
Your setup is better, as the ramps look easier to make, unlike the setup of the first broadcast.

Ramps are easier to make cos it isn’t the Premium as per first stream. This is the PRO model.

Enjoyed the stream much more though. Could hear music better and call outs!

Thanks Jack! You’re a legend! DeadFlip

#1906 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Ramps are easier to make cos it isn’t the Premium as per first stream.

Why do you think the pro ramps are easier? The ramps the pro has are the exact same as the premium.

It’s missing the marvel ramp. That’s it. That is a tough shot it seems.

#1907 3 years ago

I feel the spinny raised up gobble and inverted ramp are enough to go premium/LE for me.

Pinball magic is expensive.

#1908 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Ramps are easier to make cos it isn’t the Premium as per first stream. This is the PRO model.
Enjoyed the stream much more though. Could hear music better and call outs!
Thanks Jack! You’re a legend! deadflip

Are you mad, lad? Ramps are easier because the game is setup per recommended pitch!
The LE that was setup was uber-difficult so they wouldn't play for extended periods of time and blow it up.
After watching Jacks stream today, I am STOKED to be in on an LE. Can't wait to be flipping combos on the Captain Marvel shot and up the center ramp, etc. This game is gonna rock, I expect.
If anyone bailed because they dont get the vibe, then ok I guess? But if you bailed because the ramps looks too tough or you thought the game didn't flow, I think you have erred. Fortunately, there are Premiums for you in the future.

#1909 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

It is. It‘s something more gratifieing every time you make it compared to a „normal“ shot. (Wich needs heck of a lot of spins.)

#1910 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Ayyyy thanks for all the kind words, folks!
That was a blast.
Huge shout to marvel for trusting me to take over their channel. Justin, for those that don’t know, is a buddy of mine and Food Network royalty!
I got my premium ready to come to the studio for the big test!

DeadFlip Great stream, I think a lesson can be learned here for the future. This format was fun and informative, having the sound direct in made a huge difference as well. Keith and Raymond are great guys and amazing pinball players but this is what a reveal should be . As a side note Turtles reveal was amazing too, I have to say the stream on Wednesday was just a little lacking. All good learning lessons for the future. Look forward to seeing the premium being played by you next week, I stumbled into an LE when my distro said he got me one. , listed my Simpsons(which is also yellow) and it sold in 5 mins. I think its meant to be Hope I dont miss Homer! DOH!

#1911 3 years ago

I want the people that made the game revealing the game. Pick a structure and stick to it. I just want to be able to expect the same process every time.

I don’t need hype. I just want the game presented by the people that made it. If they want that opportunity, they deserve it. Also get jack more information about the game before the stream. It doesn’t help when he’s got no clue on the rules. If he’s in the know too he can help with chat and keeping the discussion on track.

#1912 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I want the people that made the game revealing the game. Pick a structure and stick to it. I just want to be able to expect the same process every time.
I don’t need hype. I just want the game presented by the people that made it. If they want that opportunity, they deserve it. Also get jack more information about the game before the stream. It doesn’t help when he’s got no clue on the rules. If he’s in the know too he can help with chat and keeping the discussion on track.

Oh yeah def agree , they should be there . But maybe a good MC(Jack) etc . Turtles worked because Dwight was so geeked out .

#1913 3 years ago

Dwight’s reveals are the BEST. Love the passion.

#1914 3 years ago

Imo, the two reveals should have been done in reverse order and then the LE stream would have been better received and made more sense.

#1915 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If he’s in the know too he can help with chat and keeping the discussion on track.

Yeaaaah, but I don't feel this stream was targeted at all to us, even though quite possibly it might have been many of us watching.

It wasn't at all a great stream for the purpose of learning the game, we had a good bit of that already, but more so to be light, fun and entertaining for people entirely removed from pinball, and that it excelled at!

Side note, I'm kinda feeling I like the shots and layout a lot more than the code....

#1916 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yeaaaah, but I don't feel this stream was targeted at all to us, even though quite possibly it might have been many of us watching.

We were talking about the reveal stream. Not the stream from tonight.

Tonight’s was awesome for a completely different reason. I hope they do more stuff like tonight’s stream too.

#1917 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Side note, I'm kinda feeling I like the shots and layout a lot more than the code....

I really like the shots and layout...believe this will bring a nice change-up and variety to my lineup...fun times...much needed

#1918 3 years ago

Did @deadlip stream the pro tonight?

#1919 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Did @deadlip stream the pro tonight?

Marvel did. Jack hosted it.

#1920 3 years ago

The music and sounds effects sounded great today. This just proves my original theory that the original stream had poor sound quality which kinda ruined the launch of the game for some people. It left people wanting more and made the game seem incomplete, but today's stream just solidified my decision to stick with a Premim.

#1921 3 years ago

Anyone have the link?

#1922 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Anyone have the link?

Go to twitch and search Marvel.

#1924 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Stream should have just removed the player camera if everyone is just going to wear masks.

remove it anyway. Who the hell wants look at those guys?

#1925 3 years ago

It's probably the first time I didn't like the music in a recent Stern pinball game. Some parts of the music tracks just don't sound like they fit with what is going on (battles for example).

One other thing is that so many times I hear a callout and I have no idea which character is talking. Sometimes the speech is from a character that's not even represented on the LCD.

The game looks fun with lots of thought in the rules. I kind of like the Marvel spinner on the pro more than the ramp, but I'm also a sucker for physical ball locks like on the premium/LE. Maybe it's better I missed the LE boat and will decide later if I want one and which one that would be. I bought enough new Stern games in the past year...

Rob

#1926 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

We were talking about the reveal stream. Not the stream from tonight.
Tonight’s was awesome for a completely different reason. I hope they do more stuff like tonight’s stream too.

Whooooops! My bad.

You're always on the ball, makes more sense now, given the context!

#1927 3 years ago

Me after today’s stream.

Just-When-I-Think-You-Couldnt-Possibly-Be-Any-Dumber-You-Go-and-Do-Something-Like-This..-and-Totally-Redeem-Yourself-In-Dumb-andJust-When-I-Think-You-Couldnt-Possibly-Be-Any-Dumber-You-Go-and-Do-Something-Like-This..-and-Totally-Redeem-Yourself-In-Dumb-and
#1928 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

remove it anyway. Who the hell wants look at those guys?

Well now you gone and done it. Gotta make my face cam bigger now.

#1929 3 years ago

I’m excited for Wednesday.
The game we’re taking home is Elwin’s personal game. Un-serialed. I think he may have cried when he rolled it over to me.
I heard him whisper “my baby”.
Couldn’t tell if he was referring to the game or if he was crushing on me.
Either way...

#1930 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

I'd like to see a reverse mode where you can plays as Thanos or maybe a vs mode so you can fight for control of the gems vs the Avengers in 1v1, 2v1, 3v1. Could be fun stealing gems back and forth.

Can’t let this idea fade...in my view vs. mode would destroy co-op fun-wise, and this would be unique. I (we?) want vs. mode!!! Don’t forget 2v2. Stealing gems back and fourth, and add in some flip count final battle...golden.

#1931 3 years ago

This game’s code, in theory, feels like Batman 66.
There is the stuff up front everyone can do, it’s fun, easy, and accessible.

The gems, and their placement, can become as challenging as you want to make them (like the minor villains in BM66) Collect them for their primary objective ezpz, or exploit their nuanced powers and go for some strange/exciting scoring setups.

#1932 3 years ago

I think Jack just sold a ton more games for Stern with this format. They owe you big time Jack, and how you explained the rules and tips on playing better etc was magic! I would have loved to have seen the Premium/LE presented in the same way. Live and learn and you my friend hit this stream out of the park!

#1933 3 years ago

Elwin's pros are the best. It didn't seem like the pro is lacking at all. As always, the pro will be faster and more punishing for us tourney sadists lol. He makes sure the best features are not stripped out.

#1934 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I think Jack just sold a ton more games for Stern with this format.

Thanks dude!
We’re gonna give the LE/Prem the old DeadFlip studio gloss once it gets to my place!

#1935 3 years ago

During battles, I had the feeling with lcd animations there were negative shots, i mean villains shots to defeat avengers if you hit them (like a mode on Alien game). I assume the aim of battle is avengers win.maybe i’m wrong, but i believed there were colored shots for avengers team and other colored shots for villains team.

Correct?

#1936 3 years ago

I want to buy this game obviously because it's an Elwin game, but also love the gamma ray and points potential on it.

And the counting flips mini-wizard mode is spectacular.

#1937 3 years ago

Keith wearing a G.O.O.N. shirt, I know you’re hinting that your next game is Goonies. Your secret is safe with me .

#1938 3 years ago

Man, watching the Pro I gotta say, the Pro is missing out stuff. Except it is not missing out on anything. It rocks. What a great tandem.

#1939 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks dude!
We’re gonna give the LE/Prem the old DeadFlip studio gloss once it gets to my place!

Are we goining on the front page of twitch?

#1940 3 years ago

Man that translite on the Pre is stunning. I want a poster of that. This won't be popular but after watching the streams I'm liking the Pro. The game in general isn't for me, theme and thus far the audio aren't my taste but I think after the Pros come on the used market its gonna be worth buying and playing this game, shots and rules looks great.

204-avengers-infinity-quest (resized).jpg204-avengers-infinity-quest (resized).jpg

#1941 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I dont think he meant you. You have the personality for it. You're like pinball's Bob Barker lol.
When a new car or gadget is revealed its not usually by a design team.

Dont forget to spay or neuter your pets

#1942 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

This game’s code, in theory, feels like Batman 66.
There is the stuff up front everyone can do, it’s fun, easy, and accessible.
The gems, and their placement, can become as challenging as you want to make them (like the minor villains in BM66) Collect them for their primary objective ezpz, or exploit their nuanced powers and go for some strange/exciting scoring setups.

Right here, this is perhaps the most exciting thing I could have read. The minor villains in MB66 MAKE that game awesome. So excited to get my Premium Avengers!!!

#1943 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Right here, this is perhaps the most exciting thing I could have read. The minor villains in MB66 MAKE that game awesome. So excited to get my Premium Avengers!!!

Egg-xactly

#1944 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Are you mad, lad? Ramps are easier because the game is setup per recommended pitch!
The LE that was setup was uber-difficult so they wouldn't play for extended periods of time and blow it up.
After watching Jacks stream today, I am STOKED to be in on an LE. Can't wait to be flipping combos on the Captain Marvel shot and up the center ramp, etc. This game is gonna rock, I expect.
If anyone bailed because they dont get the vibe, then ok I guess? But if you bailed because the ramps looks too tough or you thought the game didn't flow, I think you have erred. Fortunately, there are Premiums for you in the future.

I meant it’s missing the captain Marvel Ramp, so no struggles getting up that one, that’s all

#1945 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Not u kind sir. I mean I don't need to see ur mug but at least u have some personality. Just kill the costumes.

#1946 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Not u kind sir. I mean I don't need to see ur mug but at least u have some personality. Just kill the costumes.

What costumes ? whatcha talking about ?

#1947 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Keith wearing a G.O.O.N. shirt, I know you’re hinting that your next game is Goonies. Your secret is safe with me .

Those are henchman shirts that Stern made when they launched Batman66.

Since Keith is wearing free Stern shirts given to him 3 years ago they must not be paying him enough. He's been killing it with his first 3 designs so he deserves a a raise or at least a nice bonus.

Stern please give Keith a raise so he can afford some new shirts!

CcyBqGKWAAA-9sG (resized).jpgCcyBqGKWAAA-9sG (resized).jpg
#1948 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You're like pinball's Bob Barker lol.

This may be the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me period. Haha

#1949 3 years ago

In before and still in even more and loving the look of it all!

fe02e6d86 (resized).jpgfe02e6d86 (resized).jpg
#1950 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You're like pinball's Bob Barker

Bob.jpgBob.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,924 (OBO)
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/39?hl=thomas3184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.